criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Clone Wars is awesome. Anyone else think so?

ThatShibaThing
312 posts Member
edited May 2017
I've been binge watching the show and I find it much more interesting, fun, and funny than Rebels. As of right now I like just got to season 3, and I love it.
Much Star Wars.Very forums.
Post edited by ThatShibaThing on

Replies

• Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    I love it too. Wish they explored some of the unanswered questions
  • Season 1 & 2 are quite boring but season 3, 4 and 5 are more mature and awesome
  • The animated Clone Wars 2003 series is hands down the best as it's the only series to have " The Knight Slayer " General Grievous being his first appearance this amazed me he became my favorite villain until Episode III then I just hang on to that version . :smiley:
  • I loved it
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7330 posts Member
    It's my favorite show at the moment. I started watching it Dec. 2015.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• I started watching it when i was in 7th grade and now im in college...that show grew on me something fierce.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Best series ever
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • I hope one day they finish the entire series. Rebels would have been tons better if it had been on cartoon network
  • Season 1 & 2 are quite boring but season 3, 4 and 5 are more mature and awesome

Yeah
  • I started watching it when i was in 7th grade and now im in college...that show grew on me something fierce.

Wow that's crazy
  • KlownShueS
    1774 posts Member
    me too.
  • WodiQuix
    4414 posts Member
    I love both shows, but Clone Wars will always be my favorite!

Really? I think 1 and 2 are pretty mature. Still funny and awesome
    Vroom Vroom!

• 1 and 2 were rather boring. Disney was pretty much walking on eggshells and didn't want things to get too violent for a Star Wars show. Course by the time 3, 4, and 5 roll around they figured it wouldn't do any real harm.
  • If only Rebels was as good. The best of Rebels doesn't even compare with the worst of Clone Wars.
  • If only Rebels was as good. The best of Rebels doesn't even compare with the worst of Clone Wars.

Yeah. A shame really, because that book A New Dawn was an awesome piece. I mean I knew the show wouldn't even come close to being as awesome, but still. Gave me some major optimism.

Nomad Droids.

That is all.
    I agree painfully
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7330 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    If only Rebels was as good. The best of Rebels doesn't even compare with the worst of Clone Wars.

Rebels has very good episodes as well. For instance I love the season finals and all episodes with Ahsoka, but I am not really a fan of the Jar Jar episodes in the CW series. They are very boring in my opinion especially the one on Rodia.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• First two seasons of The Clone Wars were mostly meh and far more kiddy for the most part. Ahsoka was also very annoying in the early episodes, I really wanted Grievous to skewer her alive. There were good episodes here and there of course, but the point where the show really gained traction was about midway through season three with the Nightsisters episode. From that point forward the show mainly went from one strong story arc to another. The vast majority of the best stuff from the show is in the second half of it. Heck, by the end of it, Ahsoka was actually a likeable character, no small feat considering how obnoxious she was at the start. Tragically, it seems like the very best stuff was yet to come. RIP TCW.

By comparison, Rebels has had some great stuff, but it's always been hampered by the fact that it seldom does multi episode arcs. Most of the very best stuff from the show is found in the starting and finale episodes of each season because those are the episodes that are generally part of multi episode arcs. As for the single episodes, they are seldom bad(although there are exceptions like this season's Iron Squadron episode), but they lack punch because of the more compressed nature of the storytelling. Thankfully the final season is supposed to be comprised of actual multi episode arcs rather than one off episodes.

I'll say this much though, Rebels at its very worst has never touched the worst stuff from The Clone Wars. The godawful movie that kicked TCW was awful and some of the Jar Jar episodes are just unbearable. It's a real testament to just how much TCW improved when you go back and look at some of the awful early stuff from the show.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Show is good but I prefer the Samurai-Jack animation of the 2003 series over the 3D animation in TCW

You either have awful taste or you are looking at the worst TCW stuff through some serious rose colored glasses. TCW was amazing when it finished, but there was some awful dreck to be found in the early seasons and terrible movie that started it off.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • I agree, I just watched TCW clips from youtube all day. Love that series. I want to buy myself the whole series on blu-ray.
  • I love clone wars. I hope i'll be able to use my DC 15a in other eras. Long live the 401st boys.
  • mastery0ta
    5746 posts Member
    Been re watching it on Netflix getting hyped for this game. Can't get into rebels, I've tried
  • Alex64
    5620 posts Member
    Unfortunately prequels aren't based in this period.

I just don't understand why George called Ep. II "Clone Wars"
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    I'm the same as most, first couple of seasons were a bit boring, rest was good. The nightsisters introduction was the start of all things good as someone said. Good things included commando droids, various jedi being used and centrepiece of own episode, bounty hunters, Mandalore, Maul and his arcs and nightsisters. Oh and Umbara.

Worst being Jar Jar (that Rodia episode stands out to me as take him out of it and it would have been good. Oh, and the one with him and Mace together). And Grievous being in too often in the early seasons, kind of hampered him to me a bit as a main villain. Savage was also meh to me (basically a roided up Episode 1 Maul).

I still can't take to Ahsoka though. I don't know what it is, just not keen on her from the off and indifferent to her now. I would have liked more Ventress as she started to fall out of episodes after the nightsister arcs, from what I remember.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • CloneAssassin501
    1828 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Unfortunately prequels aren't based in this period.

I just don't understand why George called Ep. II "Clone Wars"

Actually 2/3 of the movies are immediately before, during, or immediately after the Clone Wars so yeah, they're based on this period.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    I hope one day they finish the entire series. Rebels would have been tons better if it had been on cartoon network

Yea a lot of stuff they could have explored (I want more of the secondary Jedi like like adi mundi). Also would like to see the early clone wars which would have reprucussions of the battle of geonosis and Anakin becoming a knight (is there a book about this?),
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Anoh wrote: »
    Best series ever
    This^ and It could have been even better if they could have finished the series.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Been re watching it on Netflix getting hyped for this game. Can't get into rebels, I've tried

I want rebels on Netflix
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    Ppl really need to rewatch and pay attention to Seasons 1 and 2. It was a MIX of dark moments + light moments
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Ppl really need to rewatch and pay attention to Seasons 1 and 2. It was a MIX of dark moments + light moments

I liked them, but it does get more interesting as you move forward through them
  • Lonnisity
    1941 posts Member
    I have so many episodes to catch up on, but I really enjoy it. Same with Rebels.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • bfloo
    14032 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »

Season 1 introduced the best fringe character.

I rewatched the Hondo episodes, he was a great addition.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Ahhtaczy
    67 posts Member
    1 and 2 were rather boring. Disney was pretty much walking on eggshells and didn't want things to get too violent for a Star Wars show. Course by the time 3, 4, and 5 roll around they figured it wouldn't do any real harm.

Are you talking about rebels or clone wars? Disney did not control the Stars wars name back then, and after they bought the company they stopped the production of the show.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    The other seasons that got cancelled would have been so good. The cad bane and boba fett story and the Ashoka and Rex story that was already written but didn't ever get to get released would have been amazing. Something that we know would have been so cool with the Rex and Ashoka story arc would be after they both go into hiding Ashoka tries to reach out and feel rather anakin is survived or not and Rex would have realized that fives was right about what he found out on kamino and that he tried to warn them but nobody would listen. So sad they didn't get to finish the series. Still have optimism that they will get to finish it at some point