criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Themes and Avatars

JackTHorn
3851 posts Member
Seems like EA gas a chance to fix a ridiculous oversight from their first shot at Battlefront.

First of all, while they made themes available early on as a bonus, these were mostly just available to those who pre-ordered digitally on PlayStation Network. Those who ordered anywhere else's were SOL.

Second, even months after the game released -- even now, a year and a half after release -- they made exactly ZERO themes or avatars available. I go to the PS store and all I see are the special pre-order exclusive themes, locked up and taunting me.

This is practically free money, guys. Just make some high-res screen caps, character shots, terrain shots, trooper type avatars, it'll take one person less than a day. Then put them out there for $2 or $3 each, and watch the money roll in. I would have bought all the themes and several avatars if I'd been allowed to.

I fear that they'll let the same thing happen with part 2. I pre-ordered on Amazon because I prefer to have a physical disc, and now I'm realizing that the only way to get a theme may be to do the digital pre-order. This would be ridiculous.

Replies

• Do you have to pre order from amazon to get a disc I was going to pre order from Walmart or Target. Digital codes are a bad idea becuase they can get lost or some one can download it onto a flash drive and steal it from you.

• I wonder if this is Lucasfilm decision as there no avatars available for PS4 (or PS3) in the Playstation Store. There's a Lego Force Awakens and Force Unleashed theme that you can buy and the Battlefront 2015 dynamic themes that were a pre-order bonus and no longer available.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    Seems like EA gas a chance to fix a ridiculous oversight from their first shot at Battlefront.

First of all, while they made themes available early on as a bonus, these were mostly just available to those who pre-ordered digitally on PlayStation Network. Those who ordered anywhere else's were SOL.

Second, even months after the game released -- even now, a year and a half after release -- they made exactly ZERO themes or avatars available. I go to the PS store and all I see are the special pre-order exclusive themes, locked up and taunting me.

This is practically free money, guys. Just make some high-res screen caps, character shots, terrain shots, trooper type avatars, it'll take one person less than a day. Then put them out there for $2 or $3 each, and watch the money roll in. I would have bought all the themes and several avatars if I'd been allowed to.

I fear that they'll let the same thing happen with part 2. I pre-ordered on Amazon because I prefer to have a physical disc, and now I'm realizing that the only way to get a theme may be to do the digital pre-order. This would be ridiculous.

What's ridiculous is people who don't pre-order. I've still got my old Xbox (original) Battlefront 2 console decal. I remember seeing one for sale on ebay a long time ago, but haven't seen one since. It's right up there with my Green MAGA hat in terms of lucky finds.
  • Scout1998
    699 posts Member
    I would buy Battlefront avatars.
  • bigjay
    787 posts Member
    the new ps4 theme is pretty sweet.
    PSN : BIG_JAY_ALLDAY it should have been this way day 1
  • Avatars as a reward for in game achievements would be cool, showing off is always fun
  • bigjay wrote: »

What theme?
  • bigjay wrote: »

From the Battlefront II pre-order?
  • bigjay
    787 posts Member
    bigjay wrote: »

From the Battlefront II pre-order?

yep
    PSN : BIG_JAY_ALLDAY it should have been this way day 1
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    I agree. I too like having physical copies of games but I would definitely buy a theme or avatars if they could just make them available to buy
  • JackTHorn
    3851 posts Member
    Do you have to pre order from amazon to get a disc I was going to pre order from Walmart or Target.
    As far as I know, it doesn't matter where you order the physical disc, it won't come with a theme. Only the PlayStation Network digital download gets you a theme. That's the problem.
  • JackTHorn
    3851 posts Member
    Avatars as a reward for in game achievements would be cool, showing off is always fun

Good idea! They're cheap and easy to make. They should have a bunch that you can buy, a bunch that can only be earned, and a handful that are exclusive to pre-orders. But pre-orders should include disc orders on Amazon or wherever!
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    Avatars as a reward for in game achievements would be cool, showing off is always fun

Good idea! They're cheap and easy to make. They should have a bunch that you can buy, a bunch that can only be earned, and a handful that are exclusive to pre-orders. But pre-orders should include disc orders on Amazon or wherever!

How much Dr. Pepper would you be willing to drink Jack?
  • JackTHorn
    3851 posts Member
    JackTHorn wrote: »

How much Dr. Pepper would you be willing to drink Jack?
    Um... what?
  • JackTHorn
    3851 posts Member
    Well, whatever, anyway. I'm just hoping that the one theme we're seeing for pre-ordering digitally isn't the only theme or one of the few themes that's available. And more than zero avatars would be nice.

They could have say 20 free avatars, like just Stormtroopers and Rebel Troopers, clones and droids and whatever... and then come up with like 10 avatars you can buy at the store, things like clone captains and twi'lek and special ops Troopers. And then have four or five avatars that are available only to those who pre-ordered.

Then they could do the same with themes. Have five or six themes just available for free, simple things like the logo on black or the logo on white, or the cover of the game. Then have a few you can buy for 3 bucks each or whatever. And have one or two that are special for pre-orders.

And I really wish they wouldn't only give out perks to those who pre-order digitally. Some of us like having physical disks.
  • Gothic_Mando
    1992 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Scout1998 wrote: »
    I would buy Battlefront avatars.

..Id LOVE a clone trooper avatar.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Is there any other way to get the new theme without pre-ordering? Do you only get it if you pre-order the digital version or with the physical edition too?
  • Stalemate wrote: »
    Is there any other way to get the new theme without pre-ordering? Do you only get it if you pre-order the digital version or with the physical edition too?

do you play on ps4?

Just take a screenshot on the web browser of it ---> settings --> themes --> use custom screenshot.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Stalemate wrote: »

do you play on ps4?

Just take a screenshot on the web browser of it ---> settings --> themes --> use custom screenshot.

I do, do you have a link to it I will do that! Thanks for the tip.
  • Gothic_Mando
    1992 posts Member
    edited May 2017

do you play on ps4?

I do, do you have a link to it I will do that! Thanks for the tip.

a link to the picture?.. im not even sure what the preorder image is tbh xD just a good tip to get any background you want. Theres bound to be images of it online somewhere...

And youre welcome ^^
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Okay cool I'm sure I can just find an image on Google.