criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Trait and Hero Ablity Speculation

ROMG4
4139 posts Member
edited May 2017
So in a bit of fun I came up with this thread idea so just come up with some cool idea for traits (If they return for Heroes) and Abilities for the Hero characters that will be in BF2.

OOM-9:

Blaster: E-5

Bodyguard system: 2 Droidekas

Abilities

Upgraded Optics: OOM-9's Electro Binoculars reveal all enemies on the opposing team in bright red which will not fade until the enemy players die, gradually fades on Heroes. 30 Second Cooldown

Droid Army Commander: Calls in a AAT for the Team's Top Player. cannot summon another until the original AAT has been destroyed, Cool Down 1 minute and 50 seconds (Does not start until the AAT has been destroyed)

Superior Engineering: Gives all units within radius enhanced accuracy (Basically Wrath Of The Empire)

I tried but I could not come up with a Trait System idea.

So post stuff I guess.
OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
A OOM-9 Thread!
https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg

Replies

• Soloboi
    54 posts Member
    Anakin Skywalker:

Weapon: Lightsaber

Ability 1 - Force Rush - Rush through multiple enemies with your lightsaber
    Ability 2 (Hold to activate) - Force Rage - Anakin will deal more damage and take less damage.
    Ability 3 - Force Grip - You can either just press the button, and it will do the normal force choke like Vader in BF1, and you can pick up the dead body and move it around, use as a shield against incoming fire.

Trait - The Pull to The Dark Side:
    Level 1 - Force Rage for 20, and Force Rage damage increased by 5%
    Level 2 - Force Rage for 30, and take less damage by 5%
    Level 3 - Force Rage for 40 seconds, and FR damage increased 5% more
    (I also suck at making a trait system).

Asajj Ventress:

Weapon: Dual Lightsabers

Ability 1: Force Grip
    Ability 2: Saberstaff - She joins both her sabers together (Like Jyn Erso's A180 rifle extension)
    Ability 3: Disguise - Disguise yourself as a Jedi

Can't think of a trait system.

• Aboutnyhunter21
    89 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Zam Wesell
    Ability 1: Slugthrower rifle
    Zam takes her KiSteer projectile rifle, a long range weapon able to pass through squad shield.
    Ability 2 (hold to activitate) : Cloaking
    Zam uses her metamorph powers to cloak into a clone. She can sneak into the Republic team without being seen. (During 10 second)
    Ability 3 : Bounty Hunter
    Wesell is a stealthy bounty hunter. This ability allows her to silently assassinate an ennemy from behind (she breaks the neck of a clone with her hands).
    Trait
    "Be careful of who you trust"
    Level 1 - Zam's cloak ability gets 10 additional second for a total of 20 second)
    Level 2 - Zam's cloak ability gets 20 additional second for a total of 30 second)
    Level 3 - Zam's cloak ability last until she takes damage and she does not appear on the radar.
  • ROMG4
    4139 posts Member
    Zam Wesell
    Zam takes her KiSteer projectile rifle, a long range weapon able to pass through squad shield.
    Zam uses her metamorph powers to cloak into a clone. She can sneak into the Republic team without being seen. (During 10 second)
    Wesell is a stealthy bounty hunter. This ability allows her to silently assassinate an ennemy from behind (she breaks the neck of a clone with her hands).
    Trait
    Level 1 - Zam's cloak ability gets 10 additional second for a total of 20 second)
    Level 2 - Zam's cloak ability gets 20 additional second for a total of 30 second)
    Level 3 - Zam's cloak ability last until she takes damage and she does not appear on the radar.

That would actually be pretty cool!

Hadn't even thought about that character that would be pretty interesting.

Though the not appearing on Radar aspect of Trait 3 should always be on when Cloak is activated.
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Zam Wesell
    Trait

That would actually be pretty cool!

Hadn't even thought about that character that would be pretty interesting.

Though the not appearing on Radar aspect of Trait 3 should always be on when Cloak is activated.

Yeah
  • Laser921
    2144 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    So this post is completely for laughs, don't take it seriously but @Guillaume-Dice feel free to take a look

YuDdFpy.jpg

Bren Derlin
    Faction: Rebel Alliance

Ability 1: Tauntaun mount-Bren makes a high-pitched whistle and a Tauntaun comes to his side. He can ride it around and it would have enhanced armor-rating for durability

Ability 2: Speeder support-This would act like the UAV/Drone support in COD games. Bren calls an order via comlink and a snow speeder would strafe the battlefield for a short duration, impervious to being shot down(so it wouldn't actually be a vehicle if that makes sense)

Ability Three; this one was hard, either Wampa Brigade or Rebel Brigade:
    If Wampa, Bren would release a captive Wampa that would act like a berserker to the opposing team lasting for as long as it as health;of course to not be simply an easy target, it would have high armor and health so as to actually be a viable ability.

If Rebel Brigade, Bren would look behind him and call in three squadmates who would act as additional troopers(honestly the Wampa one sounds cooler) These additional troopers would either be AI or other players spawn as them and have increased defense and attack power

Trait: Expert Tactics-trying not to be too similar to Leia's
    Level 1- all soldiers near Bren receive a small damage bonus(15%)
    Level 2-all soldiers near Bren receive a moderate damage bonus(30%)
    Level 3-all soldiers near Bren receive a significant damage bonus(45%)

This differs from Chewbacca's roar as it would be continuous instead of a small duration
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • ROMG4
    4139 posts Member
    I approve of this idea so much.
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending
  • Laser921
    2144 posts Member
    I never will get why people want naval personnel in ground combat so unless heroes will be in space battles (which im hoping fot) wouldn't understand seeing Thrawn on the battlefield since in nearly all situations he would be on the bridge.

That bein said, I can easily see Veers as a new imperial hero.

Ability 1: Maximum firepower-this would work as a super precise form of orbital strike and sll people within the blast zone would be killed.

Ability 2: Similar to Bren's, Veers would call for backup snd troopers would disembark from as nearby walker.

Ability three: (lost imagination here) an upgraded form of imploder or rapid thermal imploder

Trait: Commanding presence-Veers ability as a leader keeps his troops alive
    level 1: 10% health bonus to troops near General Veers
    2: 20% health bonus
    level 3: 30% health bonus
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Laser921 wrote: »
    I never will get why people want naval personnel in ground combat so unless heroes will be in space battles (which im hoping fot) wouldn't understand seeing Thrawn on the battlefield since in nearly all situations he would be on the bridge.

Thrawn can actually lead troops on the ground pretty well in addition to commanding ships. Just watch "Zero Hour" for confirmation of that. He's even got a nice armored getup that I'd love to see him in when/if they add him as DLC:

latest?cb=20170326012045
  • Master_Cunha
    4562 posts Member
    I don't want traits. Or at least they would need a massive overall as to how they work.

They currently make little sense and lead to imbalance.
  • Laser921
    2144 posts Member
    Laser921 wrote: »

Thrawn can actually lead troops on the ground pretty well in addition to commanding ships. Just watch "Zero Hour" for confirmation of that. He's even got a nice armored getup that I'd love to see him in when/if they add him as DLC:

latest?cb=20170326012045

Oh cool. I dont get that channel so no rebels for me. But still, if thrawn and veers were in the same battle, I would imagine veers leading on the ground and thrawn from space
  • Laser921
    2144 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

Which idea? Overall or a specific one?
  • ROMG4
    4139 posts Member
    I don't want traits. Or at least they would need a massive overall as to how they work.

Oh of course I agree with you.

The traits in BF (2015) frustrate me and were horribly designed and implemented into the Game...the fact a Trait 3 Bodyguard user can survive a entire DLT-19 charge with Bacta is....no....never again.

But the Hero Traits were actually pretty fun and I do hope those return and stay exclusively with Heroes as they should have been as there is tons of creativity and fun ideas that can be done with them.

Wampa Brigade and the rest.

latest?cb=20170326012045

That Helmet really doesn't fit on his head. lol
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending
  • Laser921
    2144 posts Member
    Anyone think 4-lom would be interesting?
  • Laser921
    2144 posts Member
    Who votes for Bren Derlin? Now that I think about it he'd be a fun hero to see

The traits in BF (2015) frustrate me and were horribly designed and implemented into the Game...the fact a Trait 3 Bodyguard user can survive a entire DLT-19 charge with Bacta is....no....never again.

But the Hero Traits were actually pretty fun and I do hope those return and stay exclusively with Heroes as they should have been as there is tons of creativity and fun ideas that can be done with them.

latest?cb=20170326012045

I don't like the hero traits either.
    Jyn gets to swing her stick only when she has killed people?
    Dengar gets tankier by killing people?
    Luke gets faster?
    Han solo's gun has a lower damage drop off?
    They make no sense, this goes for practically every character.

Then they're incredibly unbalanced. Take bossk at trait level 3 who can stand in a room of 10 and regain health as quickly as he loses it or chewie who can destroy multiple heroes in seconds.

latest?cb=20170326012045

Luke gets faster?

Then they're incredibly unbalanced. Take bossk at trait level 3 who can stand in a room of 10 and regain health as quickly as he loses it or chewie who can destroy multiple heroes in seconds.
    Some heroes like Greedo or Bossk are useless without their trait. They're basically regular soldier.

latest?cb=20170326012045

Luke gets faster?

Some heroes like Greedo or Bossk are useless without their trait. They're basically regular soldier.

That is poor design.
  • ROMG4
    4139 posts Member
    Anyone think 4-lom would be interesting?

Too similar to OOM-9.

No sale.

OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending