criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Will BF1 DLC maps be included in BF2?

ArchieKE
242 posts Member
edited May 2017
I really would like this to happen as I would miss not playing in Jabba's Palace/Bespin and other iconic locations in the old DLC if it was not included in Battlefront 2. I don't see how they could redesign maps like The Carbonite Freezing Chambers/ Jabba's Palace etc because they were clearly set out in the movies. I wouldn't mind if they were included in SP skirmish just that they made it into BF2. The Original Trilogy section of BF2 would just not be complete without the Death Star 1, Bespin and Jabba's Palace in my opinion.I do see however, that people paid for this and may not want others that didn't pay to get it for free in the next game. What are your thoughts? I see both sides to the argument here.

Replies

  • SAmulticore
    3336 posts Member
    Big maps no, small maps, I'm 100% down with, there's no reason to throw out the CQC maps.
  • ArchieKE
    242 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Big maps no, small maps, I'm 100% down with, there's no reason to throw out the CQC maps.

    Yeah I agree. I wasn't the biggest fan of the large scale Bespin Map, it was probably my least favourite DLC map out of all of them. I don't expect all of the maps to be brought over, as this would take a lot of time that could be better spent on adding new, never before seen content to the game. I would just prefer that they bring the most iconic locations back over, even if it's just one map for each DLC I would be happy. The OT section of the game wouldn't feel complete to me otherwise, as well as the fact that the Jabba's Palace map was my favourite map in the whole of BF1. Would hate to loose it.

  • LERXST
    853 posts Member
    I'm a fan of the larger maps over the smaller ones. They just feel more like a battle
  • SAmulticore
    3336 posts Member
    ArchieKE wrote: »
    Big maps no, small maps, I'm 100% down with, there's no reason to throw out the CQC maps.

    Yeah I agree. I wasn't the biggest fan of the large scale Bespin Map, it was probably my least favourite DLC map out of all of them. I don't expect all of the maps to be brought over, as this would take a lot of time that could be better spent on adding new, never before seen content to the game. I would just prefer that they bring the most iconic locations back over, even if it's just one map for each DLC I would be happy. The OT section of the game wouldn't feel complete to me otherwise, as well as the fact that the Jabba's Palace map was my favourite map in the whole of BF1. Would hate to loose it.

    For me it's Rebel Depot from vanilla. It's just compact, simple, well balanced, great centrepiece with the Falcon in the open area. Be a shame if it dies with BF1.
  • bigjay
    787 posts Member
    I'm going to miss cloud city. I loved the bespin dlc.
    PSN : BIG_JAY_ALLDAY it should have been this way day 1
  • ArchieKE
    242 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    ArchieKE wrote: »
    Big maps no, small maps, I'm 100% down with, there's no reason to throw out the CQC maps.

    Yeah I agree. I wasn't the biggest fan of the large scale Bespin Map, it was probably my least favourite DLC map out of all of them. I don't expect all of the maps to be brought over, as this would take a lot of time that could be better spent on adding new, never before seen content to the game. I would just prefer that they bring the most iconic locations back over, even if it's just one map for each DLC I would be happy. The OT section of the game wouldn't feel complete to me otherwise, as well as the fact that the Jabba's Palace map was my favourite map in the whole of BF1. Would hate to loose it.

    For me it's Rebel Depot from vanilla. It's just compact, simple, well balanced, great centrepiece with the Falcon in the open area. Be a shame if it dies with BF1.


    I have many great memories placing Nien Nunb's turret on top of the Millenium Falcon. Yep, I was THAT person Ü

  • SAmulticore
    3336 posts Member
    I don't think they can do this on day one or they'd be absolutely savaged for it (same game!), but I hope they look at porting some of them over eventually.
  • ArchieKE
    242 posts Member

    bigjay wrote: »
    I'm going to miss cloud city. I loved the bespin dlc.

    I will as well. It was an iconic location in the OT so I don't see how they could leave it out. The OT section would not be complete without at least one location from Bespin. I get that some people don't want this and would complain about DICE using the same maps, but I think these iconic OT locations are required to give the full Battlefront experience.

  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    I'd like to see the DLC Maps of EA's Battlefront 1 make a return in the Solo/Co-Op Offline Mode of EA's Battlefront 2.

    I agree with you, OP, I'd hate to see these DLC Maps get lost forever, when players stop playing EA's Battlefront 1 and the servers are turned off.

    At the very least, if not all of the DLC Maps could be ported over to the Solo/Co-Op Offline Mode, then I'd suggest that at least One Map be brought over from each Expansion Pack to the Solo/Co-Op Offline Mode.

    If that was the case, my picks would be Outer Rim's Jabba's Palace Map, either Bespin's Cloud City Map or Bespin's Administrator's Palace Map, either Death Star's Power Sector Map or Command Sector Map, and either Rogue One's Landing Pad 13 Map or Scarif Beach Map.

    Just give the players Blast to play on these DLC Maps and it would all be good.
  • DarthJ
    7079 posts Member
    I'd be shocked if at least 1 Bespin map (whether brand new or brought over) isn't in BF2. Its an important location in the OT.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    They should bring all the dlc maps to BF2 as they provided some intense action and experience, especially the cqc maps. Dlc1 was pretty much all cqc, dlc2 had Admin Palace and Carbonite chambers that are a must have in BF2, dlc 3 had all DS interior maps and Scarif...let's just forget about Scarif. It got nuked anyways.
  • I love most all of the DLC maps and hope they don't just get flushed down the toilet.
  • ross42899
    1527 posts Member
    I hope at least Jabba's palace, Bespin carbonite chamber and one of the Death Star maps will return in BFII (as they are pretty iconic locations and i want to play them offline this time too)
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    ross42899 wrote: »
    I hope at least Jabba's palace, Bespin carbonite chamber and one of the Death Star maps will return in BFII (as they are pretty iconic locations and i want to play them offline this time too)

    Exactly.

    I, along with I'm sure a good amount of other players, would be glad to get EA's Battlefront 1 DLC Maps as available Maps in the Solo/Co-Op Offline Mode in EA's Battlefront 2.

    Jabba's Palace, Bespin, Death Star, and Rogue One's Scarif are too valuable of locations to lose.

    Hopefully, EA/DICE can make at least one Map from each DLC Expansion Pack available for offline play in EA's Battlefront 2.
  • it would be cool if they added all the maps plus 20 more new ones. i dont care if you hate them or love them it would be a lot cooler if the did man.
  • Rogue7766
    156 posts Member
    They should revamped bespin, jabba's palace,
    Jarrad wrote: »
    ross42899 wrote: »
    I hope at least Jabba's palace, Bespin carbonite chamber and one of the Death Star maps will return in BFII (as they are pretty iconic locations and i want to play them offline this time too)

    Exactly.

    I, along with I'm sure a good amount of other players, would be glad to get EA's Battlefront 1 DLC Maps as available Maps in the Solo/Co-Op Offline Mode in EA's Battlefront 2.

    Jabba's Palace, Bespin, Death Star, and Rogue One's Scarif are too valuable of locations to lose.

    Hopefully, EA/DICE can make at least one Map from each DLC Expansion Pack available for offline play in EA's Battlefront 2.

    I 100% agree.
  • SevDelta
    318 posts Member
    If no Bespin at launch, add DLC Bespin.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    There won't be any paid maps dlcs.
  • They should bring back Jabba's Palace, but as a surprise, include a live Rancor. ;)
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • ArchieKE
    242 posts Member
    Jarrad wrote: »
    I'd like to see the DLC Maps of EA's Battlefront 1 make a return in the Solo/Co-Op Offline Mode of EA's Battlefront 2.

    I agree with you, OP, I'd hate to see these DLC Maps get lost forever, when players stop playing EA's Battlefront 1 and the servers are turned off.

    At the very least, if not all of the DLC Maps could be ported over to the Solo/Co-Op Offline Mode, then I'd suggest that at least One Map be brought over from each Expansion Pack to the Solo/Co-Op Offline Mode.

    If that was the case, my picks would be Outer Rim's Jabba's Palace Map, either Bespin's Cloud City Map or Bespin's Administrator's Palace Map, either Death Star's Power Sector Map or Command Sector Map, and either Rogue One's Landing Pad 13 Map or Scarif Beach Map.

    Just give the players Blast to play on these DLC Maps and it would all be good.

    I agree with your choices as well. I suppose what they could do is, add some of these old DLC maps and bring them to BF2's solo/offline co-op or skirmish, this would not affect online multiplayer. People that wouldn't like the thought of others getting these maps for free wouldn't need to worry if only the people that previously bought them could play these maps in offline modes.

  • i hope they bring them back because for the most part they were iconic parts of the movies. maybe add an alternate version with a different part of the map or a different map on the same planet so people can't say it's the same game.

  • No. I want barnd new maps with better designs. Some of the were okay and good fun.
  • ArchieKE
    242 posts Member
    No. I want barnd new maps with better designs. Some of the were okay and good fun.

    I see your point that you don't want to play on the same maps again, but I don't see how they could improve the deigns of the DLC maps. Many of the DLC maps were ionic locations that were clearly set out in the movies, so I don't see how they could be given better designs. There's no way they could change the iconic Carbonite freezing chambers layout as it was seen in the film. They could add new areas to some planets in the previous DLC I get that but you can't have Jabba's Palace without the throne room or Bespin without the freezing chambers.
  • ROMG4
    4139 posts Member
    Scariff needs to be scrapped and entirely rebuilt with far superior map design.
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

    Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • Edalin007
    403 posts Member
    I loved Jabba's palace, heroes vs villians was the best experience on that map.
  • Master_Cunha
    4562 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I want the planets but the maps are too small.
  • ArchieKE
    242 posts Member
    Edalin007 wrote: »
    I loved Jabba's palace, heroes vs villians was the best experience on that map.

    Exact same with me!
    I want the planets but the maps are too small.

    They were small for some people's liking, but on some DLC maps they didn't have much room to add things because some locations were seen extensively in the film and so couldn't be changed.

  • ArchieKE
    242 posts Member
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    it would be cool if they added all the maps plus 20 more new ones. i dont care if you hate them or love them it would be a lot cooler if the did man.

    This would please all fans as it would be guaranteed that their favourite map would be included. I think it's a lot of work to port them all over though, maybe just use the most popular ones? I, for one, would be bummed if my favourite map wasn't ported over, but if it's at the expense of another new map then i would rather experience a new one.
  • SAmulticore
    3336 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I wouldn't be mad because basically it amalgamates BF2 into the game BF1 should have been. No need to throw out the baby with the bath water, the CQC maps were good.

    I'd love to see them arrive as community challenges six to twelve months down the road.
  • ArchieKE
    242 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I wouldn't be mad because basically it amalgamates BF2 into the game BF1 should have been. No need to throw out the baby with the bath water, the CQC maps were good.

    I'd love to see them arrive as community challenges six to twelve months down the road.

    I personally like the CQC maps better because I'm better at playing in them and agree with you that just because a map is small is no reason to leave it out. After the outcry for more large maps in the last game I'm sure in the BF2 MP there will be more for large map enthusiasts. I would rather have them already in offline mode at the start of the game though... I don't like the thought of unlocking things that I already have used but maybe that's me?

Sign In or Register to comment.