criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Concerns.

Back when the first Battlefront launched in 2015, I along with the rest of the internet noticed the lack of content that was later put out behind the season pass. Admittedly, it caused my loss of interest in the game until now, as we all anticipate the launch of Battlefront 2.

My main concerns are how much content will be available on launch, what kind of DLC plan they have, and if there will be ways to unlock content besides paying for it. If anyone could answer me then I'd really appreciate it.

Replies

• SAmulticore
    3335 posts Member
    Most of us had the same concerns, thankfully it's looking like the answers are a hefty amount of content in the launch game (far more than BF1 had), and no season pass, no paywall for maps.
  • Alex64
    8152 posts Member
    This time there are 3 studios working on this project, i just hope they deliver a decent level of content in the next installment.
  • beargonefishing1
    2487 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    We won't know the entirety until probably just before release, like last time. But we'll get a nice glimpse for sure at EA Play.
  • Less content is a good thing tbh because when there's less to think about there's less to worry about
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    There will be a different way that EA will get income on the game besides paid DLCs.
  • Have no fear.
    TFA-10.7.gif
  • It's looking like there's going to be a decent amount of content I'm not worried. And no season pass which is always good, the way they'll make extra cash is probably through cosmetic packs which is fine.

My concern is about the netcode, I want it to be like the last Battlfront but better of course, but after whats happened to BF1 I'm concerned it might be like that. Which is fine for battlefield even though I hate it will be terrible for Battlfront, it's star wars all sorts of gamers will buy this world wide , from old to young, casuals with wifi to hardcore gamers.
  • DarthJ
    7079 posts Member
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    There will be a different way that EA will get income on the game besides paid DLCs.

I can see maps free but heroes weapons skins etc all brought out individually for a price. Is there definitely no season pass?
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Less content is a good thing tbh because when there's less to think about there's less to worry about

I can see what you're saying, if there is too much it can be a bit overwhelming.
  • Pratore
    653 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    VERY skeptical at the moment with content. Think about it. The last game had 4 planets on launch.The new Battlefront will have 3 eras in one game. Which means there will only be about 3-4 planets per era. 3-4 planets for the clone wars is nowhere near enough planets for that era. They will release the rest of the prequel maps in DLC im sure of it.
  • The content concern will be revealed eventually. For those wise enough to avoid the hype train and haven't pre-ordered yet, you can still judge whether it will be good enough to purchase.

The far larger concern, that we won't be able to figure out until we play, is whether their servers/net code is going to be any better. It's been trending awful for months now, and last night was a prime example for me. Blast, running backwards. Cargo, red bar connection and booted. Droid Run, running backwards and no hit detection followed by dying behind cover. That was in the span of maybe 25 minutes.
    Inserted controller back in cradle and turned on Tombstone. Way to go, EA. That is my concern for BF2.