criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

So are transport ships gonna be like a chopper gunner?

If so then i will be severely disappointed, i wanted to transport squads and gun down enemies at the same time

Replies

• Like THIS?
    NeatEcstaticEkaltadeta.gif
    Make E-Web decent again.
    5c8ghz781ado.gif
  • Like THIS?
    Exactly like that sir

• I hope so
  • I want the battle to start with the attackers landing their troops on the battle and the defenders manning anti-air defences
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=rC9AZPVIZhU
  • ZmanGames
    473 posts Member
    Like THIS?
    Exactly like that sir

I'm really hoping for it, but I highly doubt that we're going to get it. If they have vehicles like that I'd expect a higher player count...
    "One may be outnumbered, but that doesn't mean they're outmatched."
  • ImSwavey
    31 posts Member
    How did you put that gif on here @United_Snakes
  • ImSwavey wrote: »
    How did you put that gif on here @United_Snakes

What do you mean? In the comment area I put the image link in the little box of mountains where you put the link in.
    Make E-Web decent again.
    5c8ghz781ado.gif
  • Maybe they'll have a transport ship that lets players swoop down on the battlefield and deliver legions of 'transport ship' threads against the enemy.
  • I hope transport ships are free and van land unlike the u wing on scarif.
  • Pratore
    653 posts Member
    I think it should be something like this, however 20 vs 20 ground battle is not enough to recreate this awesomeness.
    6f0fe772ec934efb660f0856972cb653.gif
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    Pratore wrote: »
    I think it should be something like this, however 20 vs 20 ground battle is not enough to recreate this awesomeness.

Hopefully if they implement AI we'll get closer to that.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Pratore
    653 posts Member
    Agherosh wrote: »

Hmmm the AI in Battlefront needs to be reworked, even the AI in Battlefield 1 single player was bad. If they can pull it off correctly the multiplayer for this game could be amazing.
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member

Hmmm the AI in Battlefront needs to be reworked, even the AI in Battlefield 1 single player was bad. If they can pull it off correctly the multiplayer for this game could be amazing.

They had to improve it somehow for the campaign im sure.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Pratore wrote: »

I hope they womt turn a blind eye having gameplay like that

• Gothic_Mando
    1992 posts Member
    edited May 2017

... @Pratore I have a feeling you and i are going to be fast friends ; )

Didnt they say you wont be able to land ships? Unless they do something unique for transports, (which i reeeeally hope, because how friggin' awesome would it be to play out that^ scenario), it sounds like theyll either be background art, or turret sections : /
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• Pratore
    653 posts Member

Didnt they say you wont be able to land ships? Unless they do something unique for transports, (which i reeeeally hope, because how friggin' awesome would it be to play out that^ scenario), it sounds like theyll either be background art, or turret sections : /

hahahah, I have an addiction with the clones. I love everything about them lol. Im not too sure maybe they meant ships like X wings or tie fighters as there isn't really any main reason to land those ships in the first place. I think they may allow to land LAAT ships because there will be troopers inside of it. and yeah that scene is so epic! The 212th battalion is one of my favorites. If the multiplayer can look anything like that I will be SOLD!!
  • Gothic_Mando
    1992 posts Member
    edited May 2017

hahahah, I have an addiction with the clones. I love everything about them lol. Im not too sure maybe they meant ships like X wings or tie fighters as there isn't really any main reason to land those ships in the first place. I think they may allow to land LAAT ships because there will be troopers inside of it. and yeah that scene is so epic! The 212th battalion is one of my favorites. If the multiplayer can look anything like that I will be SOLD!!

Same dude. Ive been watching that gif for the past coupla minutes now x ) so cool..

But the funny thing is, the main reason alot of OG fans would want to be able to land a ship in a Battlefront game, would be land it in an enemy hangar, al la SWBF2 (Pandemic) space battles. Id love that feature aswell, but ive always been more of ground battles kinda guy, so to do so just to transport troops from one end of the battlefield to the other would be fantastic. I dont think its gonna happen though..

Who do you think should voice the clones btw?
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• Pratore wrote: »

Same dude. Ive been watching that gif for the past coupla minutes now x ) so cool..

But the funny thing is, the main reason alot of OG fans would want to be able to land a ship in a Battlefront game, would be land it in an enemy hangar, al la SWBF2 (Pandemic) space battles. Id love that feature aswell, but ive always been more of ground battles kinda guy, so to do so just to transport troops from one end of the battlefield to the other would be fantastic. I dont think its gonna happen though..

Yeah i agree i have always wanted to experience that gif in battlefront and if we cant land in enemy cruisers in space then that Would Be A Huge Dissapointment
  • Pratore
    653 posts Member

Voicing the clones I have a few options.

I love Dee Bradley Baker's voice from the clone wars, he makes the clones sound gritty and hardcore.

I wouldnt mind Temeura Morrison to voice the clones as he is the OG and his vocie acting in Battlefront 2 was great.

I also loved the voice of the clone troopers in Battlefront 2 by David Bent I wouldnt mind even if he did it.

Who would you choose?

• Gothic_Mando
    1992 posts Member

Voicing the clones I have a few options.

I love Dee Bradley Baker's voice from the clone wars, he makes the clones sound gritty and hardcore.

I wouldnt mind Temeura Morrison to voice the clones as he is the OG and his vocie acting in Battlefront 2 was great.

I also loved the voice of the clone troopers in Battlefront 2 by David Bent I wouldnt mind even if he did it.

Who would you choose?

Morrison, he sounds the most badass / realistic.

Baker sounds a little too childish, good for a kids show but not realistic enough for Battlefront. Just watch his scenes in TFU where he voices Boba.

David Boat .....is american xD we really need a NZ accent if you wanna stay true to canon ^^
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• Osskscosco
    417 posts Member

I hope they womt turn a blind eye having gameplay like that

This would be Planetside 2 with star wars skin, which would be best game ever, no contest.
  • Maybe some info will be released today?
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    Maybe some info will be released today?

Devs already said "Nope"
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Alex64
    8152 posts Member
    Battlefield 4 can do it perfectly, IMO i dont think we will see this on Battlefront.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Battlefield 4 can do it perfectly, IMO i dont think we will see this on Battlefront.
    We can only hope

Devs already said "Nope"
    Wow i guess we just have to wait a little longer

• Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    We can only hope

Devs already said "Nope"
    Wow i guess we just have to wait a little longer

We'll know at EA Play most likely. Maybe transports work with that new respawn system they said.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Can someone explain this respawn system
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    Can someone explain this respawn system

Nope. Because we don't know anything yet. They only said they got rid of the partner system, and it won't be a squad system because they don't want to make it like Battlefield.

They said they created something brand new.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Agherosh wrote: »

Nope. Because we don't know anything yet. They only said they got rid of the partner system, and it won't be a squad system because they don't want to make it like Battlefield.

I hope they know what they are doing

• Agherosh
    1092 posts Member

I hope they know what they are doing

Well, they are being brave to try new things, most of the things sound good so far.
    Hopefully this too.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2