criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Who is the best voice actor for clones?

Who do you think does the best voice for clone troopers?

Andre Sogliuzzo - Clone wars 2003 cartoon
Temuera Morrsion - Battlefront 2004, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith
Dee Bradley Baker - Clone Wars 2008-2014

Replies

• Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    If I'm looking for immersion to the films, I'd choose Temuera.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • That first guy shouldn't even be considered as an option here. The only people I could see doing it are Baker or Morrison. Morrison would be my preference, but I'd still be happy with Baker. Although, all these anti-TCW people might riot if Baker voices the Clones.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    Morrison since they had him voice Boba in the first one.
    Baker is good too, but I cant imagine Jango and Boba with his voice.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Ryan_GoFett24
    655 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Morrison....He makes the clones sound more like bad a$$es
  • Morrison....He makes the clones sound more like bad a$$es

I agree
  • meshugene89
    3846 posts Member
    How is this even a question?
    It's clearly Morrison.
    I get that you'd at least include Baker as a courtesy, but Sogliuzzo? He gave the clones an American accent despite the fact that Ep II had made it clear they had New Zealand accents. Terrible voice acting from him.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • 2000sGuy
    5988 posts Member
    If Rex is included It'd be weird hearing Morrison voice him
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Battlefront II 2005 clone voices
  • It's not the accent.. It's the fact that Morrison makes the clones sound like serious soldiers created to do one thing... They're going to war...War is no place for corny jokes that aren't even funny ...That was the one thing I didn't like about the clone wars...Was the clones....I grew to love the clones because of episode 2 and 3...I also grew to hate them because of order 66..It wasn't their fault tho
  • meshugene89
    3846 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    If Rex is included It'd be weird hearing Morrison voice him

Is it weird hearing Baker voice Cody when we both heard and saw Morrison as Cody in Ep III?

If Rex were to be in this game, I don't think people would mind it all. In fact, I think they'd get a really giddy kick out of hearing a fan favourite character speak with the original actor's voice. I know I would.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
  • 2000sGuy
    5988 posts Member
    It's not the accent.. It's the fact that Morrison makes the clones sound like serious soldiers created to do one thing... They're going to war...War is no place for corny jokes that aren't even funny ...That was the one thing I didn't like about the clone wars...Was the clones....I grew to love the clones because of episode 2 and 3...I also grew to hate them because of order 66..It wasn't their fault tho

That's what was bad about the 2003 series. The clones had no personality and just did a bunch of action. Not hating on morrison but tcw made the clones likeable and better than stormtroopers. I wouldn't care if Morrison or baker voices them tho
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • SevDelta
    318 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    5th option: Jeremy Bulloch (Better than anyone mentioned here)
    5:26
  • I wouldn't mind rex being voiced my Morrison...See that's the thing..They had no personality because George Lucas wanted them to sound wooden.... Let Morrison just be himself...I bet he could give us some awesome likable clones
  • meshugene89
    3846 posts Member
    I wouldn't mind rex being voiced my Morrison...See that's the thing..They had no personality because George Lucas wanted them to sound wooden.... Let Morrison just be himself...I bet he could give us some awesome likable clones

They don't have to be "likable" if we're just running around the multiplayer modes with them :/
    My Concepts
  • SevDelta wrote: »

You kinda have to have a 4th option to have a 5th option. Bulloch would be a terrible option. Morrison and Baker are the only real options here as both have effectively portrayed the Clones.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • I wouldn't mind rex being voiced my Morrison...See that's the thing..They had no personality because George Lucas wanted them to sound wooden.... Let Morrison just be himself...I bet he could give us some awesome likable clones

They don't have to be "likable" if we're just running around the multiplayer modes with them :/

Apparently they do.. That's why people want Baker ..If the games focus is on the prequels...It should be Morrison..Even if they add TCW content..Still Morrison
  • Morrison. No contest.
    Make E-Web decent again.
    5c8ghz781ado.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    If I'm looking for immersion to the films, I'd choose Temuera.
    I agree
  • ExoSchmo
    742 posts Member
    Sadly, Morrison didn't do he voice of the clone in the 2005 Battlefront 2. If they didn't get Morrison, I'd want to hear whoever played the clones 12 years ago!
  • He did the death screams lol. And he voiced the 501st journals​...I hated the guy that voiced the battles in conquest ..I didn't even consider him a clone..Just a republic officer
  • ExoSchmo
    742 posts Member
    Name of the voice actor for the clones in original Battlefront 2 is David Boat. Still prefer Temuera Morrison
  • Morrison is obviously the best choice hands down. If they can't get him, than Baker will do, but Morrison is the best man for the job.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • 1. Morrison
    2. Baker
    3. Sogliuzzo
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Morrison is obviously the best choice hands down. If they can't get him, than Baker will do, but Morrison is the best man for the job.

They can get him...They got him for Boba Fett...He really enjoyed playing Jango​ and Cody and voicing the clones
  • Gothic_Mando
    1978 posts Member
    Morrison is obviously the best choice hands down. If they can't get him, than Baker will do, but Morrison is the best man for the job.

He really enjoyed playing Jango​ and Cody and voicing the clones

...i know this is a weird request.. but .. source? id actually get a little giddy hearing about how he enjoyed voicing these characters.... yeahimaweirdguy0_o

Just a superfan i guess xD

But im really glad pretty much everyone's asking for Morrison, Baker did a good job of giving the clones distinct personalities, but unless he can do a less 'cartoony' impression, itd always have to be Morrison. Id prefer Morrison either way, dude sounds freakin' badass! ^^
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• Gothic_Mando
    1978 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    SevDelta wrote: »
    5:26

Bulloch wore the suit, but it was actually Jason Wingreen who originally voiced Boba. I prefer the Kiwi accent though, less generic.

And 'better', in this context, is purely subjective; they all did a good job.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• Commander_Fox
    93 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Temuera. Hearing him shout "Watch out for those wrist rockets!" Would be amazing
  • ExoSchmo
    742 posts Member
    Morrison is obviously the best choice hands down. If they can't get him, than Baker will do, but Morrison is the best man for the job.

...i know this is a weird request.. but .. source? id actually get a little giddy hearing about how he enjoyed voicing these characters.... yeahimaweirdguy0_o

But im really glad pretty much everyone's asking for Morrison, Baker did a good job of giving the clones distinct personalities, but unless he can do a less 'cartoony' impression, itd always have to be Morrison. Id prefer Morrison either way, dude sounds freakin' badass! ^^

This video kind of answers your question. If he didn't enjoy being in it, he wouldn't want to be involved in more things
  • CS2107
    1961 posts Member
    Morrison. Keep Baker for Bossk, he did a really good job there
  • @ExoSchmo Thankyou! ^^
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• Pratore
    653 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Either Dee Bradley Baker, David Bent or Temuera Morrison.

Dee Bradley Baker sounds badass and has that gritty hardcore voice for a clone trooper.

I also loved the voice of the clone troopers in Battlefront 2 by David Bent.

Temurea Morrison is the original and his voice also sounds good. He has the best voice acting.

Im really interested in which voice they will use.

• FettForMVP
    833 posts Member
    Temuera Morrsion hands down. He is the original Jango Fett and clone trooper and his voice is bad a**. That guy from the Clone Wars series sounds like a panzi compared to him
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    Morrison preferably, Baker otherwise.
  • meshugene89
    3846 posts Member
    Pratore wrote: »
    I also loved the voice of the clone troopers in Battlefront 2 by David Bent.

The weirdest thing about that was that Temuera Morrison did the cutscene voice overs but not the actual clones during gameplay. So you got the original and proper New Zealand accent before the battle and then an American accent in the battle.
    My Concepts
  • 2000sGuy
    5988 posts Member
    I don't think Morrison was devoid of personality. Just watch the scene in Ep 3 where Cody and Obiwan are talking on the venator
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    I don't think Morrison was devoid of personality. Just watch the scene in Ep 3 where Cody and Obiwan are talking on the venator

Or his work in Star Wars: Bounty Hunter. Particularly the blooper reel.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Gothic_Mando
    1978 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    To be honest, i think the reason Morrison appeared 'devoid of personality', is because he was always playing the tough-guy roles. Jango, Boba, Clones. Theyre all tough soldier-types who didnt need to convey much / any emotion. And actually, for a game like Battlefront, where he'd just be spouting generic soldier-speak, that plays to his already established strengths. He also voiced the clones in SWBF1 (Pandemic), so we know he can also do 'urgency' ('Get Down!', 'Look out!') Heck i think even his dying screams for the clones in Battlefront were better than any Baker did for the show.

Meanwhile, whilst Baker did a great job of giving the clones distinct personalities in the TV show, he never quite got the hang of the accent. He was close, sure, and for a cartoon show, thats fine. The question is how he'd perform for the more gritty, adult context of Battlefront.

But we actually already have proof of this. Watch this video where he has to voice Boba in TFU game.

No disrespect to the guy, he did a great job on the TV show, but this is a reliable indication of how he'd perform for a more mature context, and i dont think he quite pulls it off, certainly not as well as Morrison would.

Theyre both good for different contexts. Morrison suits Battlefront more imo.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• 2000sGuy wrote: »

Or his work in Star Wars: Bounty Hunter. Particularly the blooper reel.

I actually would like to see Morrison's take on Captain Rex if he gets added as DLC at some point.
  • Pratore
    653 posts Member
    Hmm Bradley Dee Baker can have more gritty voice if he needs to. His voice in the clip below sounds good to me. He sounds like a clone trooper whose experienced a lot.

• I think the general consensus here is obvious at this point. Almost everyone thinks Morrison would be the best choice. Most wouldn't mind someone else if we had to have another voice actor, but Morrison is the OG clone trooper.

Now one character I would prefer a different voice actor for is Anakin. Matt Lanter's take on him is way more enjoyable than Hayden Christensen's whiny sounding voice, Heck, TCW version of Anakin is better than the movie one in pretty much every imaginable way.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Gothic_Mando
    1978 posts Member
    Pratore wrote: »
    Hmm Bradley Dee Baker can have more gritty voice if he needs to. His voice in the clip below sounds good to me. He sounds like a clone trooper whose experienced a lot.

For a cartoon show, yeah. But put that voice next the more 'realistic' voice acting heard in live action.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• Pratore
    653 posts Member
    How about they just use SEV from Republic Commando to voice all of the clones. His voice by far is the most badass ive heard.

• I think the general consensus here is obvious at this point. Almost everyone thinks Morrison would be the best choice. Most wouldn't mind someone else if we had to have another voice actor, but Morrison is the OG clone trooper.

Now one character I would prefer a different voice actor for is Anakin. Matt Lanter's take on him is way more enjoyable than Hayden Christensen's whiny sounding voice, Heck, TCW version of Anakin is better than the movie one in pretty much every imaginable way.

Matt Lanter as Anakin or we riot.
  • Soloboi
    54 posts Member
    Morrison....He makes the clones sound more like bad a$$es

Agreed.

I don't really have a source..You can kinda just tell..He's been involved with the clones, Jango, and Boba in so many ways...From the movies, video games, and re edits ( adding his voice to Boba Fett in Empire Strikes Back). I bet if he was asked to lose weight and play the role of Boba Fett in a standalone movie be would...Or at least voice Fett
  • Gothic_Mando
    1978 posts Member
    @Ryan_GoFett24 Yeah i guess so ^^
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

• ExoSchmo
    742 posts Member

I don't really have a source..You can kinda just tell..He's been involved with the clones, Jango, and Boba in so many ways...From the movies, video games, and re edits ( adding his voice to Boba Fett in Empire Strikes Back). I bet if he was asked to lose weight and play the role of Boba Fett in a standalone movie be would...Or at least voice Fett

Check my last comment, I gave a video that kinda supports your statement on him wanting to be involved @Ryan_GoFett24
  • ExoSchmo wrote: »

This video kind of answers your question. If he didn't enjoy being in it, he wouldn't want to be involved in more things

I have never seen this video and just got tears of joy.... This basically proves he WANTS to play Boba Fett
  • Temuera Morrison please play Boba Fett in a new movie. It would be cooler than any Bruce Willis movie ever!!