criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Can we please calm down about Clone Wars?

Prev1
meshugene89
3845 posts Member
Look, a lot of us like the Clone Wars TV series. It was a lot of fun and did a lot to both expand this largely unknown aspect of Star Wars lore as well as deepen people's appreciation for this time period. The latter, you could argue, might not have happened otherwise and so peopl may have continued to thoroughly dislike the PT since all they had to go on were the films.
However, no matter how much we may like this TV series, we shouldn't let it cloud our judgment as far as what content to expect in this game. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see characters like Ahsoka, Rex, and Ventress in the game, but do I think they will be? No. Not because I consider them invalid in any way or because I don't think they belong in a Battlefront game, but I simply think that the primary focus of this game's multiplayer is on the movies and not the established EU, which is just fine. It seems to me that the developers have plenty of material to work with just going by what was featured in the movies without having to delve into the mammoth amount of content from the TV series.
It's easy to let your mind wander into flights of fantasy about what to expect when you hear the words "Clone Wars" mentioned in the same sentence as "Battlefront", but remember that the Clone Wars is a major conflict in the Star Wars saga and not just a TV show. So just because the people involved in making this game say those 2 words does not equate to the inclusion of content from the TV series but is likely just referring to the galaxy-spanning conflict that was the focus of 2 of the films.
By all means, continue to make it clear that many of us would one day like to see this content featured in a Battlefront-style game some time down the line, but at this point I wouldn't expect any of it to be featured at this time.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Concepts
Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu

Replies

• Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    YES
    I have been trying to explain this but couldn't do it even close to as well as you did. By only adding movies it isn't restricting EA because the 9 movies in BF2 have more than enough content (as you said). I shouldn't look too far ahead but if BF2 is a hit then tv series can be added in the 3rd.
  • I refuse to watch the newer clone wars cartoon. The only true Clone Wars cartoon was the 2003 one.
    TFA-10.7.gif
  • SevDelta
    318 posts Member
    The only true Clone Wars cartoon was the 2003 one.
    Grievous was better than in the shows & films.
    0:36
  • 2000sGuy
    5988 posts Member
    As a veteran of the whole "Why Clone Wars should be in BF2" chaos that is now thankfully behind us, im just gonna say the best thing you can do is not make threads like these. This bickering is pointless and By now we should all know everybody's stances on the subject matter so there is really no need for us to keep bringing it up. The bet thing to do is just sit tight and wait. I mean again, 1st official trailer just came out 3 weeks ago so there's not really much evidence for or against it.
    But just saying, we didn't say prequels for Battlefront, we said clone wars for Battlefront :wink::wink:
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Not much of a PT fan, but the content they've shown us from that era so far does look pretty quality. People are already stressing out and calling for the television show content to be added to this unreleased game? Sounds like it won't ever be enough.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • ZmanGames
    473 posts Member
    Look, a lot of us like the Clone Wars TV series. It was a lot of fun and did a lot to both expand this largely unknown aspect of Star Wars lore as well as deepen people's appreciation for this time period. The latter, you could argue, might not have happened otherwise and so peopl may have continued to thoroughly dislike the PT since all they had to go on were the films.
    However, no matter how much we may like this TV series, we shouldn't let it cloud our judgment as far as what content to expect in this game. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see characters like Ahsoka, Rex, and Ventress in the game, but do I think they will be? No. Not because I consider them invalid in any way or because I don't think they belong in a Battlefront game, but I simply think that the primary focus of this game's multiplayer is on the movies and not the established EU, which is just fine. It seems to me that the developers have plenty of material to work with just going by what was featured in the movies without having to delve into the mammoth amount of content from the TV series.
    It's easy to let your mind wander into flights of fantasy about what to expect when you hear the words "Clone Wars" mentioned in the same sentence as "Battlefront", but remember that the Clone Wars is a major conflict in the Star Wars saga and not just a TV show. So just because the people involved in making this game say those 2 words does not equate to the inclusion of content from the TV series but is likely just referring to the galaxy-spanning conflict that was the focus of 2 of the films.
    By all means, continue to make it clear that many of us would one day like to see this content featured in a Battlefront-style game some time down the line, but at this point I wouldn't expect any of it to be featured at this time.

Not wanting heroes from TCW can be understandable, but that's not to say we shouldn't get a good amount of Clone Wars content. There is a lot of potentials there when it comes to Starfighters, units, and other vehicles. The show gives us a lot of insight into what happened during that major conflict and what vehicles and weapons both factions used. I am really hoping for Hyena-Bombers, Z-95 Headhunters, Commando Droids, ARC Troopers, and certain planets. Can you give me your opinions on this?
    "One may be outnumbered, but that doesn't mean they're outmatched."
  • unit900000
    3822 posts Member
    ZmanGames wrote: »

Not wanting heroes from TCW can be understandable, but that's not to say we shouldn't get a good amount of Clone Wars content. There is a lot of potentials there when it comes to Starfighters, units, and other vehicles. The show gives us a lot of insight into what happened during that major conflict and what vehicles and weapons both factions used. I am really hoping for Hyena-Bombers, Z-95 Headhunters, Commando Droids, ARC Troopers, and certain planets. Can you give me your opinions on this?

i would LOVE Commando Droids they are awesome.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I want as much PT content as everybody else, but I'm holding back on my expectations after hearing that the Clone Trooper models themselves were completed only a few weeks ago.

That doesn't sound like it'll be likely for a ton of content to be coming in the next 6 months. At this point it seems likely to be restricted to the films, with few references to the cartoons. (Weapons for example.)
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Moar Clone Warz!!
  • My 2 cents on the subject will the be the last I bring it up, lol. This topic has been beaten to death. People may dislike the PT, but I personally loved them. I saw them pretty much right after I saw the OT. I think a lot of the fault can go to George Lucas' writing. Anyways, I think the PT will make fantastic gameplay, and it will not have any of the problems people associate with the films
    So this is how Liberty dies, with thunderous applause

giphy.gif

• I hope they include some of the content like commando droids, the Twilight freighter for a hero ship, and the Z-6 rotary gun f944b370d910894074f2d98c96003f37.jpg
  • So we are saying NO to content?

I'd like to actually get what I have payed for this time if you don't mind.
  • That cartoon gave a perfect depiction of what I would expect a meeting Darth Sidious, Darth Tyrranus, and General Grievous to look like. They were all awesome. And it looked realistic to Star Wars.
  • DarthJ
    7079 posts Member
    Not much of a PT fan, but the content they've shown us from that era so far does look pretty quality. People are already stressing out and calling for the television show content to be added to this unreleased game? Sounds like it won't ever be enough.

This. I don't think for some anything would be enough.
  • Moar Clone Warz!!

I've got a fevah.....and the only prescription is Moar Clone Warz arguments.
  • meshugene89
    3845 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    As a veteran of the whole "Why Clone Wars should be in BF2" chaos that is now thankfully behind us, im just gonna say the best thing you can do is not make threads like these. This bickering is pointless and By now we should all know everybody's stances on the subject matter so there is really no need for us to keep bringing it up. The bet thing to do is just sit tight and wait. I mean again, 1st official trailer just came out 3 weeks ago so there's not really much evidence for or against it.
    But just saying, we didn't say prequels for Battlefront, we said clone wars for Battlefront :wink::wink:

I was part of that "chaos" too but the thing is that whenever I talked about wanting Clone Wars, I was usually referring to the content seen in the PT. The reason being that I felt as though the best way to start having CW content in these games would be to have the movie content first and then to maybe expand it to include TV series content in either the next game or spin-off solo game.
    The problem is that there are a lot of people who were, and still are, under the seemingly naive impression that "Clone Wars" refers to the TV series and not the overarching conflict in Eps II and III. So when they asked for "Clone Wars" they meant the series, not the films. Which is fine, the devs should do that at some point, but it was always a long-shot that they'd have as much content from the show in this game as people were asking for, and it still is a long-shot.
    ZmanGames wrote: »

Well, there's definitely an argument to be made that we may see some content in the form of weapons, vehicles, and maybe certain appearances, especially since we've seen weapons from Rebels make an appearance in both games. But when it comes to all the heroes, villains, and planets people are asking for and speculating about, the likelihood is very, very, very low. Not because they shouldn't be in it, not because there are any issues with making animated character more life-like, but because the movie content of the PT is plentiful and it will be a lot of work for the devs just getting that done without throwing CW series content into the mix as well.
    The Clone Wars, as seen in the PT, offers up at most 10 planets, 5 villains that can be used and enough heroes to match that number, and loads of vehicles. When you add that to the potential of 14 heroes/villains from the OT, 10 planets from the OT, 6 heroes/villains from the NT, and 3 locations from the NT, that's a pretty full game right there, epecially when you also consider how many maps these planets might have.
    I want as much PT content as everybody else, but I'm holding back on my expectations after hearing that the Clone Trooper models themselves were completed only a few weeks ago.

That doesn't sound like it'll be likely for a ton of content to be coming in the next 6 months. At this point it seems likely to be restricted to the films, with few references to the cartoons. (Weapons for example.)

Well that doesn't necessarily mean there won't be much CW content. After all, there are separate departments developing the locations, weapons, vehicles, etc, so just because they got the finished character models recently doesn't mean that they haven't been working on other aspects. Also, you can still develop character animations without them by using a wireframe or stick figure model and then add the full character model later. The next stage would just be developing effects on the model like moving pieces of the armour, blaster scoring, dirt, etc. So I don't see that as something to worry about, at least not yet, not until we hear more about it.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
  • LERXST
    853 posts Member
    Don't forget, before it was a tv show, it was a MOVIE.
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    LERXST wrote: »

That's a good point, a theatrical release too.

No. We're saying that they need to prioritise movies especially when we'll probably only get 4 planets
  • Master_Cunha
    4562 posts Member
    Focus on movies and characters like nein nunb and greedo rather than cad bane, ahsoka and ventress? Ridiculous.
  • Moar Clone Warz!!

I've got a fevah.....and the only prescription is Moar Clone Warz arguments.
    I'm not hearing enough Moar Clone Warz!! from the Rebels section. I want you to really explore the forum space this time.
    giphy.gif

• Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    Focus on movies and characters like nein nunb and greedo rather than cad bane, ahsoka and ventress? Ridiculous.

Yeah , because thats exactly who we are suggesting Luke , Leia , Han , chewie , old Ben , Ackbar , Lando , Jyn , Baze , Chirrut , Cassian , K2SO , Vader , Palpatine , Boba fett ,IG-88 , Veers , krennic , bossk , dengar , Tarkin , Anakin , obi wan , yoda , padme , jango fett , count dooku , grievous , darth maul , rey , finn , poe , old han , old chewie , old luke , kylo ren , phasma , hux , snoke , ep 8 characters Nien nunb and greedo

Ackbar isn't a soldier, IG-88 is on the same level as Nien Nunb, Greedo and so on in terms of importance, Veers isn't someone as important to have as a hero, Boosk and Dengar are on the same level of non importance to the plot, Tarkin isn't a soldier, We know nothing about Snoke.

So yes, I'd say you are still asking for some ridiculous content.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Agherosh wrote: »

Yeah , because thats exactly who we are suggesting Luke , Leia , Han , chewie , old Ben , Ackbar , Lando , Jyn , Baze , Chirrut , Cassian , K2SO , Vader , Palpatine , Boba fett ,IG-88 , Veers , krennic , bossk , dengar , Tarkin , Anakin , obi wan , yoda , padme , jango fett , count dooku , grievous , darth maul , rey , finn , poe , old han , old chewie , old luke , kylo ren , phasma , hux , snoke , ep 8 characters Nien nunb and greedo

Ackbar isn't a soldier, IG-88 is on the same level as Nien Nunb, Greedo and so on in terms of importance, Veers isn't someone as important to have as a hero, Boosk and Dengar are on the same level of non importance to the plot, Tarkin isn't a soldier, We know nothing about Snoke.

Ackbar is a soldier. You ask for CW content yet he fought in the clone wars
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    Agherosh wrote: »

Underwater, we wont see a map underwater, they fight well underwater, on surface? Not so much.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • LERXST wrote: »

No. We're saying that they need to prioritise movies especially when we'll probably only get 4 planets

Do you think they would use the money from EA's Battlefront I for something esle than Battlefront II. There is already 10 planets confirmed for the next game. Are you silly or something?
  • Laser921
    2144 posts Member
    Im all for this. Clone wars is great but the game should have equal focus on the tree eras
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force

Do you think they would use the money from EA's Battlefront I for something esle than Battlefront II. There is already 10 planets confirmed for the next game. Are you silly or something?

No, I'm realistic. 2 years isn't enough time to add in all the prequel planets + clone wars, and have an equal amount of content for the other 2 eras which the ST doesn't have
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    Laser921 wrote: »
    Im all for this. Clone wars is great but the game should have equal focus on the tree eras

They cant put the same focus on all eras, it's just improssible, the new trilogy isn't even finished, they cant leave the PT and OT short because the new one isn't done. So no, not focusing the same on all eras, some have more content than others.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • 2000sGuy
    5988 posts Member

As far as we know He fought in 1 battle involved in the Clone Wars Campaign and that was to defend his underwater home. He was an ally of the republic but was not fighting for their cause, but his home's cause nor was he leading Clone Troopers.

I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be involved just saying that statement is false
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »

As far as we know He fought in 1 battle involved in the Clone Wars Campaign and that was to defend his underwater home. He was an ally of the republic but was not fighting for their cause, but his home's cause nor was he leading Clone Troopers.

I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be involved just saying that statement is false

I'm not saying that he's a republic patriot or anything like that I'm simply saying that he can fight
  • 2000sGuy
    5988 posts Member

I'm not saying that he's a republic patriot or anything like that I'm simply saying that he can fight

Hehe now that I think of it the only reason we know he can fight is because of material not in the movies, but in other sources.
    So that just goes to show that movie content shouldn't be the only stuff in mind
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »

Hehe now that I think of it the only reason we know he can fight is because of material not in the movies, but in other sources.
    So that just goes to show that movie content shouldn't be the only stuff in mind

I never said that CW should be avoided, just that movies should take priority
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    Ahsoka and Rex should better be in Battlefront 2 as playable heroes. On the CIS side maybe Ventress and Bane.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• 2000sGuy
    5988 posts Member

I never said that CW should be avoided, just that movies should take priority

I'm not talking about you, I can tell by your profile. I'm just throwing that out there
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    But just saying, we didn't say prequels for Battlefront, we said Clone Wars for Battlefront :wink::wink: [/spoiler]
    Yeah, the key lies in the detail ;)
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• meshugene89
    3845 posts Member
    Ahsoka and Rex should better be in Battlefront 2 as playable heroes. On the CIS side maybe Ventress and Bane.

Whilst I'm not against them in any way, I'm afraid their inclusion is extremely doubtful, bordering on "not a chance".
    My Concepts
  • Pratore
    653 posts Member
    The first game had 4 planets on release. The new Battlefront will have 3 eras in one game. Which means there will only be about 3-4 planets per era. 3-4 planets only for the clone wars is nowhere near enough.
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    Pratore wrote: »
    The first game had 4 planets on release. The new Battlefront will have 3 eras in one game. Which means there will only be about 3-4 planets per era. 3-4 planets only for the clone wars is nowhere near enough.

You can't assume anything, it's too soon to assume.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Laser921
    2144 posts Member
    Way to early to assume but my guess is that the focus will be more OT and ST as content becomes avaolanle than PT. But again its too early to assume
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Pratore
    653 posts Member
    Maybe it is too early too assume. BUT my expectations will definitely not be high, dont get too hyped for this game lads. The clone wars may only have 4-5 planets and the rest will be squashed into DLC'S. Its EA remember...
  • meshugene89
    3845 posts Member

Again with the arbitrary numbers with no proof :/
    Yes, we got 4 planets in the last game, but that DOES NOT mean the same thing will happen in this game. After all, we already have 6 confirmed location for the OT at present, so that shoots that theory down. Plus, there's no reason why any of the locations we had in the previous game should be left out of this one. So just because we haven't seen Sullust or Bespin or Scarif does not mean they won't be included.
    It's far more likely that they will include all locations from the previous game and new locations wil be added post-release, as opposed to the notion that locations we had in the previous game will be added post-release. They also have a bigger team this time around because both DICE and Motive are building the maps.
    An official announcement on the full line-up of locations can't come soon enough at this point so that it can put this infuriating matter to rest.
    My Concepts
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    Maybe it is too early too assume. BUT my expectations will definitely not be high, dont get too hyped for this game lads. The clone wars may only have 4-5 planets and the rest will be squashed into DLC'S. Its EA remember...

Maps will be free DLC anyway.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Pratore
    653 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Just because there's no season pass doesn't mean the DLC will be free, remember that. Okay if this game released with 5 maps per era that will be 15 at launch. 15 detailed and large maps for DICE to create, hmm they barely passed 10 in BF1 at launch and that game had longer development time. Im hoping there would be more maps because I will only be playing the Clone wars, I dont care about the other ERAS. So I am just very skeptical.

Im just speculating btw.
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    Just because there's no season pass doesn't mean the DLC will be free, remember that. Okay if this game released with 5 maps per era that will be 15 at launch. 15 detailed and large maps for DICE to create, hmm they barely passed 10 in BF1 at launch and that game had longer development time. Im hoping there would be more maps because I will only be playing the Clone wars, I dont care about the other ERAS. So I am just very skeptical.

Im just speculating btw.

Maps are confirmed freee pretty much because they already said they don't want to split the community, paid maps split the community.
    There will still be other paid DLC, microtransactions or other method, but maps free.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Pratore wrote: »

I actually was expecting 4 prequel-era planets at launch. Naboo and Kamino are already in, so the two biggest locations I believe mandate inclusion before any others are Coruscant and Geonosis. Other than that, I'd say the biggest movie locations to shoot for on top of those are Kashyyyk, Utapau, Felucia, and Mustafar. If any of those are in the base game with the others I mentioned, that's sweet, sweet gravy.

If at any point they add locations from TCW, the most obvious pick is Christophsis. Ryloth might be the next pick after that. Maybe Mandalore and Umbara if they really want to go all in, but no guarantees there I feel.

I'd say that's pretty good coverage, and if DICE is serious about no Season Pass and maps end up being free so as not to fragment the player base, that'd be epic.
  • Pratore
    653 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Would be epic, the maps im hoping to play are Utapau, Geonosis, Coruscant, Kashyyyk, Felucia and Mustafar. Any others I would be happy as DLC. Mix between Phase l and Phase ll troopers in those maps.
  • meshugene89
    3845 posts Member

Im just speculating btw.

Again, we already know that there are 6 OT locations confirmed and there are 3 more from the previous game yet to be announced as returning from the previous game. So every era does not need to have the same amount of locations, let alone have a low number of them.
    Also, again, there are 2 teams working on the maps for this game; DICE and Motive. The previous game only had DICE and even then they were working with a small team. Now they have 2 teams and DICE has more employees than before. The first game also used this technique called 'photogrammetry' which was completely new to the people at DICE so that meant there was a steep learning curve to overcome, hence why fewer locations were made even with the long development time. Now that they're using it a second time, they will be more used to it and therefore be able to produce them faster.
    Finally, you do realise that if you only want to play the Clone Wars then you'll have to drop out of a match every time it rotates to an OT or NT map, right? The eras aren't going to be separated. So it seems kind of pointless to get this game if you're only going to play a limited amount of its overall content.
    My Concepts
  • Gothic_Mando
    1977 posts Member
    i still think - being realistic - we're quite likely to get 1 dlc themed around the tv show. Even just 1 planet and the 4 characters previously mentioned would be enough for me. But i wouldnt expect any more. The main focus will probably be movies.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^