criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Can we please calm down about Clone Wars?

2Next

Replies

• Soloboi
    54 posts Member
    Ahsoka and Rex should better be in Battlefront 2 as playable heroes. On the CIS side maybe Ventress and Bane.

• i still think - being realistic - we're quite likely to get 1 dlc themed around the tv show. Even just 1 planet and the 4 characters previously mentioned would be enough for me. But i wouldnt expect any more. The main focus will probably be movies.

I've always thought we'd just be getting one DLC pack with TCW if any. Ahsoka, Rex, Ventress, and Cad Bane are all I really want for heroes. If they can only add one planet, add Christophsis. That's all they'd have to include for me to be happy (though Ryloth, Mandalore, and Umbara would also be welcome if they could somehow squeeze them in).
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    i still think - being realistic - we're quite likely to get 1 dlc themed around the tv show. Even just 1 planet and the 4 characters previously mentioned would be enough for me. But i wouldnt expect any more. The main focus will probably be movies.

I've always thought we'd just be getting one DLC pack with TCW if any. Ahsoka, Rex, Ventress, and Cad Bane are all I really want for heroes. If they can only add one planet, add Christophsis. That's all they'd have to include for me to be happy (though Ryloth, Mandalore, and Umbara would also be welcome if they could somehow squeeze them in).

They are going to rotate between eras, if not it would split the community. They don't want to split it.

#TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Soloboi
    54 posts Member
    Finally, you do realise that if you only want to play the Clone Wars then you'll have to drop out of a match every time it rotates to an OT or NT map, right? The eras aren't going to be separated. So it seems kind of pointless to get this game if you're only going to play a limited amount of its overall content.

It hasn't been confirmed that all three eras will be put into one playlist

• Alex64
    8156 posts Member
    "WHO'S MAD?" Some people here.
    Why did your sold your soul to the devil?
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    Soloboi wrote: »
    Finally, you do realise that if you only want to play the Clone Wars then you'll have to drop out of a match every time it rotates to an OT or NT map, right? The eras aren't going to be separated. So it seems kind of pointless to get this game if you're only going to play a limited amount of its overall content.

It hasn't been confirmed that all three eras will be put into one playlist

Having them separate only splits the community, they don't want to split it.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Agherosh wrote: »
    i still think - being realistic - we're quite likely to get 1 dlc themed around the tv show. Even just 1 planet and the 4 characters previously mentioned would be enough for me. But i wouldnt expect any more. The main focus will probably be movies.

They are going to rotate between eras, if not it would split the community. They don't want to split it.

.... uh, what does that have to do with what I wrote about a hypothetical TCW pack?
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    Agherosh wrote: »

.... uh, what does that have to do with what I wrote about a hypothetical TCW pack?

I didn't quote you, I quoted Soloboi.
    Forum itself did something weird.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Agherosh wrote: »

I didn't quote you, I quoted Soloboi.
    Forum itself did something weird.

Ah, carry on then.
  • Gothic_Mando
    2028 posts Member

oooh Christophsis would be a good choice! looks very unique too.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• Pratore wrote: »
    Maybe it is too early too assume. BUT my expectations will definitely not be high, dont get too hyped for this game lads. The clone wars may only have 4-5 planets and the rest will be squashed into DLC'S. Its EA remember...

I actually was expecting 4 prequel-era planets at launch. Naboo and Kamino are already in, so the two biggest locations I believe mandate inclusion before any others are Coruscant and Geonosis. Other than that, I'd say the biggest movie locations to shoot for on top of those are Kashyyyk, Utapau, Felucia, and Mustafar. If any of those are in the base game with the others I mentioned, that's sweet, sweet gravy.

If at any point they add locations from TCW, the most obvious pick is Christophsis. Ryloth might be the next pick after that. Maybe Mandalore and Umbara if they really want to go all in, but no guarantees there I feel.

I'd say that's pretty good coverage, and if DICE is serious about no Season Pass and maps end up being free so as not to fragment the player base, that'd be epic.

• SAmulticore
    3336 posts Member
    I'm only here because I saw someone on page 1 say Ackbar isn't a soldier and I am RAGING.
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    I'm only here because I saw someone on page 1 say Ackbar isn't a soldier and I am RAGING.

I said it and I can repeat it. He isn't a soldier. Soldiers fight on the front lines, Admirals command ships.

Part of the military? Yes.
    Soldier? No.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • I'm only here because I saw someone on page 1 say Ackbar isn't a soldier and I am RAGING.

I said it and I can repeat it. He isn't a soldier. Soldiers fight on the front lines, Admirals command ships.

Soldier? No.

You wouldn't like it when he's angry....
    sexy-admiral-ackbar.jpg
  • ROMG4
    4699 posts Member

Soldier? No.

We are going to find you.
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    WE NEED CLOAN WOARZ
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    WE NEED CLOAN WOARZ

Moar Clone Warz!!™

Trademarking it now.
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    WE NEED CLOAN WOARZ
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    WE NEED CLOAN WOARZ

Moar Clone Warz!!™

Trademarking it now.

• 2000sGuy wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    Focus on movies and characters like nein nunb and greedo rather than cad bane, ahsoka and ventress? Ridiculous.

Yeah , because thats exactly who we are suggesting Luke , Leia , Han , chewie , old Ben , Ackbar , Lando , Jyn , Baze , Chirrut , Cassian , K2SO , Vader , Palpatine , Boba fett ,IG-88 , Veers , krennic , bossk , dengar , Tarkin , Anakin , obi wan , yoda , padme , jango fett , count dooku , grievous , darth maul , rey , finn , poe , old han , old chewie , old luke , kylo ren , phasma , hux , snoke , ep 8 characters Nien nunb and greedo

Ackbar isn't a soldier, IG-88 is on the same level as Nien Nunb, Greedo and so on in terms of importance, Veers isn't someone as important to have as a hero, Boosk and Dengar are on the same level of non importance to the plot, Tarkin isn't a soldier, We know nothing about Snoke.

So yes, I'd say you are still asking for some ridiculous content.

Ackbar is a soldier. You ask for CW content yet he fought in the clone wars

As far as we know He fought in 1 battle involved in the Clone Wars Campaign and that was to defend his underwater home. He was an ally of the republic but was not fighting for their cause, but his home's cause nor was he leading Clone Troopers.

I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be involved just saying that statement is false

I'm not saying that he's a republic patriot or anything like that I'm simply saying that he can fight

Hehe now that I think of it the only reason we know he can fight is because of material not in the movies, but in other sources.
    So that just goes to show that movie content shouldn't be the only stuff in mind

I never said that CW should be avoided, just that movies should take priority

Movies!