criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Underwater Maps/Aquatic Planets

Sangth
125 posts Member
I had the interesting thought of them tackling aquatic planets for unique maps, perhaps as DLC at some point? Underwater conflicts are indeed canon and could make for some very interesting 360 degree gameplay. DICE are also no strangers to unique settings-specific concepts for their DLC.

Mon Cala/Dac and Manaan are the only two currently-canon aquatic planets I know of (Kamino exists but I think all the maps there will likely be on the Kaminoan structures, not in the water), though more could certainly be made canon again if they were featured with maps.

What do you guys think? I personally would love to see this unique take on map design/gameplay.

Also, if unique setting-specific AI are a thing, I could see some of the locals getting involved, or even some of the local wildlife...

Or at least another excuse for a Megalodon easter egg, only with some Star Wars style to it.

Replies

• This would make the game go over the top in greatness for me
  • Soloboi
    54 posts Member
    I would love underwater maps but there is a 97.6 percent chance of that not happening.
  • Sangth
    125 posts Member
    Soloboi wrote: »
    I would love underwater maps but there is a 97.6 percent chance of that not happening.

I'd like to think with DICE having done DLC stuff like Dragon's Teeth and Naval Strike in BF4 and some of the space content in Battlefront 2015 that they'd be open more unique concepts for later additions but, hey, you're probably right.