criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Movie or Clone Wars Obi-Wan- Which do you like best?

Prev1
ThatShibaThing
312 posts Member
edited May 2017
Which of these do you like more, and which one do you feel is "Obi-Wan" for you? Ewan's role in the movies or James Arnold Taylor's voice role in the Clone Wars show?
Much Star Wars.Very forums.
Post edited by ThatShibaThing on

Replies

• I think TCW Obi-Wan would fit the feel of a game focused on war and big battles better than movie Obi-Wan (not that Ewan McGregor's performance was bad. He was one of the highlights of the prequels and Obi-Wan is my favorite SW character largely because of him).
  • I think TCW Obi-Wan would fit the feel of a game focused on war and big battles better than movie Obi-Wan (not that Ewan McGregor's performance was bad. He was one of the highlights of the prequels and Obi-Wan is my favorite SW character largely because of him).

I really like Obi in Clone Wars, maybe even more than in the movies.
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    Voice, Ewan's. (We can't lose the "Hello there" and "Oh, I don't think so" emotes.

Skins, all of 'em.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Let the old man fight.
    Ben_Kenobi.png
    Where's @Ctown when we need him most?
  • ThatShibaThing
    312 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Agherosh wrote: »
    Voice, Ewan's. (We can't lose the "Hello there" and "Oh, I don't think so" emotes.

Skins, all of 'em.

What about James's, "That's not good!"? cartoon-pic_001_040_obi-wan-kenobi_star-wars_the-clone-saga.png
  • Agherosh wrote: »

Skins, all of 'em.

What about James's, "That's not good!"? cartoon-pic_001_040_obi-wan-kenobi_star-wars_the-clone-saga.png

cringe

Skins, all of 'em.

Lmao those would be great.
    Vroom Vroom!

Skins, all of 'em.

Lmao those would be great.

I want his CW armor as a skin.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Please give us ewan
  • I want skins of both since we know we will be getting hero skins, and they should also come with voice packs or something with each one.
    Vroom Vroom!

• ThatShibaThing
    312 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    Please give us ewan

I'd rather Anakin be CW version than wimpy Hayden version. CW Anakin was actually likeable, not a sweaty stalker.
  • Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Beard.jpg

: )
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7339 posts Member
    Clone Wars Obi-Wan
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• eaff92c5c8916114230da8e398b501f0.jpg

CW here too, atleast a skin.
  • dada_shift
    1730 posts Member
    I'm hoping that[like one of the last patches that got rid of helmetless troppers]Battlefront 2 will be character and map specific

I don't want to see characters from different times together

Old Ben can be with the OT maps young Ben with PT maps and so on..
    Kinda how snow troopers where only seen on Hoth
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    I'd want Ewan AND Hayden. I don't think Hayden was that bad of an actor, just got a bad director.
    Plus Hayden is probably a better actor now. It wouldn't be right to seclude him
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    I'd want Ewan AND Hayden. I don't think Hayden was that bad of an actor, just got a bad director.

I've got nothin' against him, but I really like the CW Anakin and his personality.

I've got nothin' against him, but I really like the CW Anakin and his personality.

Same
    Vroom Vroom!

• dada_shift wrote: »
    I'm hoping that[like one of the last patches that got rid of helmetless troppers]Battlefront 2 will be character and map specific

I don't want to see characters from different times together

Old Ben can be with the OT maps young Ben with PT maps and so on..
    Kinda how snow troopers where only seen on Hoth

I think Ben should be his own character, but that's just me.
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »

In this case the movie representation takes priority over the cartoon incarnation.
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg

In this case the movie representation takes priority over the cartoon incarnation.

Have you watched Clone Wars? Yes, it's almost 100% movie versions come before show versions.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    If we aren't getting other CW characters and locations then we should get any CW variant of the movie characters. So Ewan AND Hayden bit need to be in
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member

Have you watched Clone Wars? Yes, it's almost 100% movie versions come before show versions.

Buddy you have no idea. I'm all for TCW in BF2 and have more than voiced my opinions on that, but putting nostalgia behind, the movie representation is more important than the cartoon. You can like Matt Lanter, but Hayden Christensen is simply the main interpretation, albeit with flaws. Especially if they get Ewan or an Ewan soundalike.
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • bfloo
    14087 posts Member
    Can we do Ewan for Obi Wan, cartoon for Anakin?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Then give us Ahsoka and Ventress as well as Umbara and other CW content
  • This one

8fed87346fc455cb4f38434ab1430dce.jpg
  • This one

8fed87346fc455cb4f38434ab1430dce.jpg

obi_wan_kenobi_by_uniquelegend-d61ry6v.jpg
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7339 posts Member
    Jrob122 wrote: »

Ahsoka and Rex for BF 2 or riot :)
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Jrob122 wrote: »

Ahsoka and Rex for BF 2 or riot :)

Ahsoka should be considered by the devs. She's a loved and popular character.
  • Having Ewan do the voice would be a real treat.

Obi-Wan's one of the few Prequel characters that didn't need TCW show to save him.
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!
    Please give us ewan

I'd rather Anakin be CW version than wimpy Hayden version. CW Anakin was actually likeable, not a sweaty stalker.

Movie Anakin and obi wan will be better
    Please give us ewan

Movie Anakin and obi wan will be better

For a game, yes.
  • Having Ewan do the voice would be a real treat.

Obi-Wan's one of the few Prequel characters that didn't need TCW show to save him.

True, but it did make me love him even more.

Skins, all of 'em.

I would spam the Hello There emote time and again.

Skins, all of 'em.

I would spam the Hello There emote time and again.

Alright!!!
  • DarthJ
    6064 posts Member
    Why do I get the feeling that throughout this games lifespan TCW and rebels is gonna cause problems...

Coming from a clone wars fan by the way. As much as I love TCW Obi-Wan, movies take priority. Bring in Ewan!
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • No matter what voices they use..(Ewan, Lanter, Hayden, James Arnold) The character models will be Ewan and Hayden..Theirs no way they would change the way they look with the photorealistic graphics they're using.. it would be cool seeing Ewan and Hayden sporting the republic armor.. Hell even Sam L Jackson as Mace Windu
  • Frix
    626 posts Member
    I like all obi want to be honest. They were all great.
  • .. **** even Sam L Jackson as Mace Windu

ONLY if he comes with emote "GET THESE MUTHA****IN' SEPS OFF THIS MUTHA****IN' PLAIN!!"

*emoteexclusivetoNaboomap

Let's have that new large Conquest-style mode offline in Arcade!^^

Objective modes for Custom Arcade

Large maps and vehicles for Custom Arcade

Pre-round skin selector for Custom Arcade

Custom Playlists for Custom Arcade

Remove the map boundaries for Custom Arcade

AI Enforcers for Custom Arcade too!

#SoloPlayersMatter

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade mode on my YouTube too!^^
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    The movie one obviously, nothing can beat Ewan's original performance.
  • Stalemate wrote: »

I dunno... Obi-Wan was pretty great in the CW show...
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Why do I get the feeling that throughout this games lifespan TCW and rebels is gonna cause problems...

Coming from a clone wars fan by the way. As much as I love TCW Obi-Wan, movies take priority. Bring in Ewan!

Yeah, it's probably certain it'll be the movies as the main look, but imagine being able to have CW versions, like Darth Maul could have his robo-legs.
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Stalemate wrote: »

I agree he was badass, but movie Obi-Wan was the best, specifically episode 3.

It's over Anakin! I have the high ground!
  • Stalemate wrote: »
    Stalemate wrote: »

I agree he was badass, but movie Obi-Wan was the best, specifically episode 3.

It's over Anakin! I have the high ground!

Yeah i love Ewan's role as him
  • Ahhtaczy
    67 posts Member
    They are going to use photo-realistic models of their characters in the movies as someone said in the thread earlier. Using any other voices for them like Matt or James would be ridiculous. I loved the Clone Wars show, but their voices can't replace the movies everlasting impression. Imagine Hayden with Matt Lanters voice, it would be the work of nightmares.
  • Ahhtaczy wrote: »
    They are going to use photo-realistic models of their characters in the movies as someone said in the thread earlier. Using any other voices for them like Matt or James would be ridiculous. I loved the Clone Wars show, but their voices can't replace the movies everlasting impression. Imagine Hayden with Matt Lanters voice, it would be the work of nightmares.

Obi-Wan has been voiced by James Arnold Taylor outside of just the cartoons. He was the voice for him in the tie-in game for RotS, as well as the original BFII. I'd say he's got plenty similarity to McGregor for it to work extremely well.

Also, combining Hayden's admittedly good work at acting through body language with Lanter's superior vocal acting would be amazing; I don't know why you think it wouldn't be.
  • FettForMVP
    833 posts Member
    IMO Ewan was arguably the best part about the PT. He knew when to be funny/corny but also could be convincingly serious. As much as I want a Boba Fett film I would totally buy tickets for an Obi Wan movie with Ewan playing the character
  • FettForMVP wrote: »
    IMO Ewan was arguably the best part about the PT. He knew when to be funny/corny but also could be convincingly serious. As much as I want a Boba Fett film I would totally buy tickets for an Obi Wan movie with Ewan playing the character

Ewan's role made the Prequel Trilogy worth it for me.
  • Ahhtaczy wrote: »

Obi-Wan has been voiced by James Arnold Taylor outside of just the cartoons. He was the voice for him in the tie-in game for RotS, as well as the original BFII. I'd say he's got plenty similarity to McGregor for it to work extremely well.

Also, combining Hayden's admittedly good work at acting through body language with Lanter's superior vocal acting would be amazing; I don't know why you think it wouldn't be.

Well said, I feel the same.