criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What DO you want carried over from EA's Battlefront?

Prev1
BucksawBoushh
4689 posts Member
edited May 2017
As the title states, my question is what you all actually DO want carried over from EA's Star Wars Battlefront (2015)? There have been countless threads about what people don't want or new content/changes that people want implemented in Battlefront II, so I figured I would tackle a different angle here.

I mean, if you like absolutely nothing about the current game, then I guess this thread isn't for you. I, for one, still enjoy Battlefront on a daily basis. Here are a few of the things I would like to see make their way into the next game in some for or another.

1. Game Modes - Walker Assault (it's classic), Turning Point (make the mode purely infantry), Heroes Vs. Villains (people seem to like it), Droid Run (a mindless mode that is nice to fall back on when things aren't quite going your way. Plus, Gonk Droids). These are the ones I would like to see return to the game. Past these I would love to see them get creative and make up new ones or variants of the originals.

2. Skins - Skins are my thing. Every time we had a new DLC on the horizon I would thirst over and speculate as to what the new skins would be. As we all know, they dropped the ball on many of the skin opportunities (Bespin Wing Guard? Barf). That being said, it would be a shame to have these skins simply waste away in Battlefront I. Best way to implement the OG skins I believe would be to make some sort of "Battle Pack", micro transaction dealio that contains (or some of) the skins from EA's original game. That being said, these skins should still always be restricted to their appropriate locations and eras.

3. Maps - I'm undecided about maps. The more content DICE/EA/Motive can cram into this next game the better for all of us. But, I'm not so sure how excited I would be to have Twilight on Hoth or Scarif Jungle pop up on my map rotation. If they did want to re-use some of locations and maps, I'm hoping they would revamp them or alter them even ever so slightly. If they feel fresh, I'm all for it. Of course planets as a whole will and should be re-used. Tatooine, Hoth, Endor, Scarif, Sullust Jakku and Bespin should all have their place in Battlefront II.

4. Emotes - As much of a stickler I am for immersion, I do enjoy emotes. I really wish they had added a couple of emotes with each DLC. I mean, how difficult can they be to come up with? The possibilities are infinite. The right emote at the right moment can be oh so satisfying. DICE/EA, if you're listening, make me a Thumbs Down (a strong and confident thumbs down) and a Phew! (wipes forehead in a "that was a close one" gesture) emote. Emotes just have to stay.

5. Hip Fire - I know there has been some heated debate on this style of gunplay making its way back into BF II, but I personally would like it to stay. Separates the game from other FPS style shooters and gives it a unique pace. I think it's more difficult to master than many of you are giving it credit for, but maybe that was just for me. I still feel like I'm trying to get the hang of this bloody game. However, I'm sure whatever changes they're making to the gunplay mechanics won't be as drastic as they sound. And if it extends the life of the next game then so be it. I'll adapt.

That's my list of a small handful of things I would like to see carried into Battlefront II (which can't come soon enough). Let me know what you guys would add or subtract. Since I'm literally only making this thread to procrastinate my paper that's due in 7 hours, I should go.

May the 4th be with you.
PSN: BucksawBoushh

Replies

• Alex64
    6488 posts Member
    Campers
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Campers

giphy.gif
  • CPT_Rex
    725 posts Member
    Assets are the main things that should be carried over. No need to remodel the Rebels or Stormtroopers.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    edited May 2017
  • CPT_Rex
    725 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Nevermind, it has been taken care of.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • Got it, was eating food... both of his accounts are gone. If it happens again, send me a message, it will alert my email and go straight to my phone
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • What is wrong with people
  • What is wrong with people

people aren't smart
  • We loved the freedom battlefront gave us, the star cards,
    the whole gameplay was fun I hope they keep the most part of it.
  • Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Campers

giphy.gif

I'm stealing that from you
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • bigjay
    787 posts Member
    I liked the speed this game played at .
    PSN : BIG_JAY_ALLDAY it should have been this way day 1
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    I WOULD like it IF they carried forward the SAME ammo and grenade system. It was fun not having to worry about depleted munitions and simply managing cooldowns.

Also really hope they continue doing amazing things for web-based stats and in-game customizations. DICE has always been the front runner for that sort of thing.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Got it, was eating food... both of his accounts are gone. If it happens again, send me a message, it will alert my email and go straight to my phone

I fee like I missed something :|
  • Blazur wrote: »
    I WOULD like it IF they carried forward the SAME ammo and grenade system. It was fun not having to worry about depleted munitions and simply managing cooldowns.

Also really hope they continue doing amazing things for web-based stats and in-game customizations. DICE has always been the front runner for that sort of thing.

Agree. I like the cooling flush system. Maybe if they introduced a handful of ammunition type weapons (e.g. DT29) for the users that wanted those.
  • Whodunnit
    5553 posts Member
    Got it, was eating food... both of his accounts are gone. If it happens again, send me a message, it will alert my email and go straight to my phone

Me too. It has to do something with Alvonator's ban.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Skins, Hip Fire, and certain Game Modes. I'd love to see Battle Station return, Hip Fire = self explanatory, and for skins I really want to see the return of the X-Wing Pilot, Shadow Trooper, and Shock Trooper.

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Whodunnit wrote: »
    Got it, was eating food... both of his accounts are gone. If it happens again, send me a message, it will alert my email and go straight to my phone

Me too. It has to do something with Alvonator's ban.

you missed a lot more than that, lol
  • Undeadjon
    339 posts Member
    Most of the maps.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.
  • Graphics and sounds....I'd love to see the same planets with bigger and better maps. .In the trailer Hoth looks much more open..And they added Mos Eisley to Tattooine so things look great so far
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Graphics and sounds....I'd love to see the same planets with bigger and better maps. .In the trailer Hoth looks much more open..And they added Mos Eisley to Tattooine so things look great so far

Don't base things off the trailers. Wait for gameplay.
    gMHTglh.gif
    shjihBp.gif
    3CFMjDT.gif
    uwLEUcW.gif
    9QxhySO.gif
    VpbI6gH.gif
    SeTOvhd.gif
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Graphics and sounds....I'd love to see the same planets with bigger and better maps. .In the trailer Hoth looks much more open..And they added Mos Eisley to Tattooine so things look great so far

gMHTglh.gif
    shjihBp.gif
    3CFMjDT.gif
    uwLEUcW.gif
    9QxhySO.gif
    VpbI6gH.gif
    SeTOvhd.gif

Honestly I could tell by the trailers in the first Battlefront that the maps would be small and linear...But I can say this.. DICE doesn't do downgrades...More than likely that WAS the graphics in Battlefront II trailer

gMHTglh.gif
    shjihBp.gif
    3CFMjDT.gif
    uwLEUcW.gif
    9QxhySO.gif
    VpbI6gH.gif
    SeTOvhd.gif

Honestly I could tell by the trailers in the first Battlefront that the maps would be small and linear...But I can say this.. DICE doesn't do downgrades...More than likely that WAS the graphics in Battlefront II trailer

That trailer was a cinematic. It gives us hints to the content, but shows us zilch about actual gameplay and mechanics. I'm going to like the game regardless, as I'm a big Star Wars fan but merely a casual gamer. So many people that hated on this game are jumping RIGHT back onto the BFII bandwagon after that short film they showed us. We all knew it would happen exactly as it has :D
  • meshugene89
    3257 posts Member
    Everything.
    • All planets
    • All maps
    • All heroes
    • All villains
    • All weapons
    • All vehicles
    • All star cards but converted into weapons and attachments for classes
    • Every mode (except for Hero Hunt), including the DLC modes; Extraction, Sabotage, Battle Station, Infiltration
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • beargonefishing1
    2487 posts Member
    edited May 2017

What you missed would simply require eye bleach to remedy. Immature children posting inappropriate pictures of lightsabers.

gMHTglh.gif
    shjihBp.gif
    3CFMjDT.gif
    uwLEUcW.gif
    9QxhySO.gif
    VpbI6gH.gif
    SeTOvhd.gif

That trailer was a cinematic. It gives us hints to the content, but shows us zilch about actual gameplay and mechanics. I'm going to like the game regardless, as I'm a big Star Wars fan but merely a casual gamer. So many people that hated on this game are jumping RIGHT back onto the BFII bandwagon after that short film they showed us. We all knew it would happen exactly as it has :D

I haven't hopped on that bandwagon yet ..But I am hyped..Mainly because of the campaign...Yea I know it has 3 eras for Multiplayer..But alot of things made the multiplayer repetitive and lacking in the first one
  • I actually enjoyed the Battlefront DLC, I want all of them carried over to Battlefront 2, but change them up a bit the best they can based on feedback.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • unit900000
    2963 posts Member
    nien nunb with all of his abilitys the same hes just super troll and fun.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Alex64
    6488 posts Member
    Being serious, this suit
    latest?cb%5Cx3d20160127231235
  • ExoSchmo
    742 posts Member
    What are "linear maps?"
  • Mainly just the attention to detail and incorporation of various aspects of non-film lore into the game. In the previous game we got several weapons from Rebels like the bo-rifle, X-8 Night Sniper, and T-7 Ion Disruptor. We also got the EE-4 straight from the pages of the Marvel comics, the TL-50 heavy blaster and K-16 Bryar pistol from the Dark Forces series, and the legendary TIE Defender from TIE Fighter.

Given how one of the Sentinel droids from Shattered Empire and the ID9 seeker droid used by the Seventh Sister in Rebels are prominent in the trailer, it seems this trend will thankfully continue. We've also gotten peeks at a Republic naval uniform used by officers in TCW, the DC-17 pistol (also from TCW), and the Blurgg-1120 pistol used by Hera Syndulla in Rebels. More weapons, vehicles, and possibly even heroes from outside the films would be great at fleshing out the game's content even further, whether it be at launch or as DLC.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    ExoSchmo wrote: »
    What are "linear maps?"

Maps that can only progress in two directions: forward or backward.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
    Being serious, this suit

Quarren, Ishi Tib, Rodian, Twi'lek, and the Sullustan are all Rebel skins I think should return. Skin variations of the Twi'lek need to happen. The Zabrak I simply don't care for. Good riddance.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Being serious, this suit

Quarren, Ishi Tib, Rodian, Twi'lek, and the Sullustan are all Rebel skins I think should return. Skin variations of the Twi'lek need to happen. The Zabrak I simply don't care for. Good riddance.

Too bad they probably are here to stay. >:)
    latest?cb=20120826203633
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Team Deathmatch aka "Blast". 10 v 10 minimum.
    xJENARIx on XBOX and PS4
    Being serious, this suit

Too bad they probably are here to stay. >:)
    latest?cb=20120826203633

I'm cool with Darth.
  • I'd probably want most of the game modes, especially Walker Assault and Supremacy. Personally, I'd like to see Drop Zone and Droid Run back too, but definitely the bigger modes. Having some of the skins carry over would be great too, for instance, the scout trooper skin and some of the location-based rebel uniforms looked really nice.
    I'm just an imperial fangirl. | PSN: FathomEnigma1 | "Glory goes only to the Empire."
  • The pace
  • SimoHayha
    34 posts Member
    I'd probably want most of the game modes, especially Walker Assault and Supremacy. Personally, I'd like to see Drop Zone and Droid Run back too, but definitely the bigger modes. Having some of the skins carry over would be great too, for instance, the scout trooper skin and some of the location-based rebel uniforms looked really nice.

Same here. The only game modes that I don't play are Hero Hunt and any with Fighter Squadron. I only played Battle Station and Infiltration for Hutt Contracts. I do realize some people like them, but I personally wasn't a big fan of mixing them in with other modes. I'd say keep only one between Droid Run and Drop Zone. I prefer Drop Zone--especially on Bespin. I really hope Blast, Cargo, Sabotage, Supremacy, Turning Point, and Walker Assault stay.
  • Extraction.
  • Gothic_Mando
    1772 posts Member
    - Skirmish

- Supremacy

- Drop Zone

- Bossk
    Let's have that new large Conquest-style mode offline in Arcade!^^

Objective modes for Custom Arcade

Large maps and vehicles for Custom Arcade

Pre-round skin selector for Custom Arcade

Custom Playlists for Custom Arcade

Remove the map boundaries for Custom Arcade

AI Enforcers for Custom Arcade too!

#SoloPlayersMatter

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade mode on my YouTube too!^^
  • Maps, vehicles, and heroes nothing much else.
  • All the heroes apart from greedo and all the planets.
    That's it.
  • beargonefishing1
    2487 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm hyped for tons more secondary fire, jump packs and shields everywhere, and a return of explosive shot, disruption, jump pulsing, jump casting and shock grenades. The hype is real.
  • ross42899
    1459 posts Member
    First of all, I want all the skins and customization options from the first game availabe in the new game too. I want male and female options, all the aliens, Shadow, Shock and Scouttroopers, pauldron color selection and so on.

Then I want small quick modes like Blast and Dropzone and large modes like Walker Assault.

I want all weapons from the first game too.

I would like to see a few maps make a return too. Especially: Outpost Beta (Hoth), Battle of Endor, Dune sea Exchange (Tatooine), Swamp Crash Site (Endor), Rebel base (Hoth), ice caves (Hoth), Graveyard of giants (jakku). If possible I want the DLC maps Jabba's palace, carbonite freezing chamber and one of the Death Star maps too (as they are all pretty iconic locations and currently not available for offline play)
  • Scout1998
    699 posts Member
    Heroes vs Villains
    Walker Assault
  • The pace

WHAT HE SAID
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    Dlc maps, especially and mostly dlc1 and dlc2.
  • I'm hyped for tons more secondary fire, jump packs and shields everywhere, and a return of explosive shot, disruption, jump pulsing, jump casting and shock grenades. The hype is real.

Nothing makes me smile bigger than tea bagging the *expletive* out of a Rodian that combat rolls around and runs the DH17 w/ ES. Well, really any blaster with ES. And before somebody says it, yes, dying at the hand of your already equipped, personal blaster cannon/noob tube makes me OH SO SALTY. Himalayan pink sea salt type salt. The good stuff ;)
  • Graphics, sounds, attention to detail, drop zone. That's about it.
    Just another sniping YouTuber.
  • SAmulticore
    3322 posts Member
    Skin, guns, emotes, small maps.

Nien Nunb pbuh