criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

DICE, PLEASE include game-chat

Prev1
ShowOff
113 posts Member
Battlefront really lacked a team play and co-ordination. Especially on consoles.

Given the move to add classes and other such things I feel like they're trying to emphasis a greater focus on playing smart and sticking together. I hope this means we see voice-chat implemented.

Before you may-sayer's say "wah I don't wanna hear some 10 year old talk about my mom" or "I rather not get trolled" blah, blah, blah. There's a mute button in many games for a reason AND if it bothers you that much most games have the option to adjust player voice volume anyways.

So don't be an archaic caveman, voice chat is a great and essential necessity.

Replies

• Really do need that.
    TFA-10.7.gif
  • I wanna communicate with my team
  • Alex64
    5627 posts Member
    It's impossible, there are legal issues on this.
  • Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    @ShowOff I totally agree with you, the current Star Wars lacks team play and coordination so much it's a joke and a massive reason as to why that is because we have no in game voice chat! I made a thread about it not too long ago. Majority agreed and want a in game voice chat apart from the odd few who were acting like there is no such thing as a mute button. Feel free to check it out and share your thoughts

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/69492/in-game-voice-chat#latest
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • Alex64 wrote: »

Source?
  • Alex64
    5627 posts Member
    There's no source because this is about politics, Maybe Disney, maybe EA, any of those companies decided to leave voice chat out of the game.
  • WodiQuix
    4438 posts Member
    As long as I can have the option of muting people, it's alright with me.
  • Undeadjon
    339 posts Member
    I don't see why not.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Yes please
  • Mroll44
    113 posts Member
    WodiQuix wrote: »
    As long as I can have the option of muting people, it's alright with me.

+1

This is the only way I would welcome an in game chat function.

• Frix
    626 posts Member
    It seems like a good feature to me.
    25311538.jpg
  • It would be nice but it has been labeled casual. No blood, no body parts flying around so I don't think it will happen. The amount of verbal abuse reports would be insane.
    xJENARIx on XBOX and PS4
  • No thanks.
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    If you're on Console you can or if you're on PC just use Discord?
  • CallMeDeee
    1663 posts Member
    Totally agree...I need a bit more than marking a little number on the screen next to the objective. I want to be able to work with the random I run into or at least have the option to do that when I feel like having my Mic in. Muting out squeeky kids would also have to be a must for this.

If not chat, then the squad commands like battlefield 1. Something.....anything!
  • bfloo
    14084 posts Member
    All of you who think voice chat is useful on other games must get better teams than I do.

Maybe 1/20 games do people actually coordinate.

The rest of the time it is people crying about how unfair their constant deaths are, while I watch them stand in the open all game.

The Battlefield emote system works much better.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• ShowOff
    113 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    All of you who think voice chat is useful on other games must get better teams than I do.

The rest of the time it is people crying about how unfair their constant deaths are, while I watch them stand in the open all game.

Because doing a laughing taunt is more useful than saying "Hey, team. Get your crap together. We need to push B."
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    I hate that emote!
  • bfloo
    14084 posts Member
    ShowOff wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

Because doing a laughing taunt is more useful than saying "Hey, team. Get your **** together. We need to push B."

Battlefield1 doesn't have a laugh emote :'(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• TopLeft
    58 posts Member
    At least give me the option to mute or turn down the volume on it. Yesterday I had to turn off my sound system when I was playing titanfall 2 because some little kids were screeching about what level they were.
  • I agree there should be a chat system only if there's a squad system of some sort. Even though most people never talk in game chat they're already in a private party chat.
    Most people I come across in games like battlefield are stoned,drunk, a child or just **** and being a weirdo, it's rare to find a normal human being in a games chat.

Definitely a squad system like battlefield don't feel like goin though 20 names every match to mute people, it's torture playing GTA 5 sometimes
  • Gomen
    482 posts Member
    yeah, they need this to keep multiplayer alive. I also want the revenge chat like in call of duty where you talk to the enemy players when you kill them or get killed.
    Friend me on PSN. My GT is O_lVl_E_N.
  • Gomen wrote: »
    yeah, they need this to keep multiplayer alive. I also want the revenge chat like in call of duty where you talk to the enemy players when you kill them or get killed.

^^^^^^^^^^ couple of feet below the barrel
  • My son plays PlantsvZombies2 and it has in game chat. It's ridiculously annoying and there's no strategy or coordinated game play going on that I've ever heard.

***But they have a "Mute All" button, so as long as that option was available here I wouldn't care if it was added for BF2
    Party communication is the only chat that is ever going to be effective and not filled with trolls in my opinion.
  • We have squad chat in BF1 and it helps a lot. Despite doomsayer predictions, most players are civilized and I very seldom hear S- or F-bombs dropped. It's a simple solution to offer parents the option of deactivating the feature to protect their children's virgin ears (never mind that kids tend to own the filthiest potty mouths of the whole population).
  • Gomen wrote: »

That would only encourage trolling and **** whining. The last thing I would want to see would be a community similar to that in CoD appear in these games.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Zinjo
    202 posts Member
    Consoles offer Voip, so I am not sure why you would want to type rather than talk.
    l9f9dxn8dc3e.jpg

• This is must for 2017 shooter. Don't know why it was removed in first Battlefront in the first place.
  • +1 +1
  • Bobawest
    237 posts Member
    I don't want it in the game or at least give us the option to turn it off. I really don't see the need when every platform allows for some form of a chat room for a group. You guys want 20 people on a team to talk at once? Good luck with that. Even if it's limited to squads I really don't want to hear racist or whiny rants in star wars.
  • ShowOff
    113 posts Member
    Bobawest wrote: »
    I don't want it in the game or at least give us the option to turn it off. I really don't see the need when every platform allows for some form of a chat room for a group. You guys want 20 people on a team to talk at once? Good luck with that. Even if it's limited to squads I really don't want to hear racist or whiny rants in star wars.

Which is why the option to turn off game chat entirely would exist. (Hopefully.)
  • BucksawBoushh
    4229 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Communication within squads would be better than an entire full team chat. In my opinion.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • TimothyTheFirst_
    195 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Alex64 wrote: »

...what? tons of games have voice chat. there's nothing illegal about it lol. that's why there's always the disclaimer on the back of the game that says the esrb rating doesn't apply to online conduct of other players.

and if you don't want to hear other people talk just mute them... or join a squad where no one is using a mic (if there's a squad system). no reason it shouldn't be in the game. i have no idea why it wasn't in the first place.

and yeah 20 people talking at once would be ridiculous and they should make it more of a squad chat than an entire team chat... but even still, on other games with voice chat how often does your entire team have a mic hooked up to talk to random strangers lol?
  • Alex64 wrote: »

...what? tons of games have voice chat. there's nothing illegal about it lol. that's why there's always the disclaimer on the back of the game that says the esrb rating doesn't apply to online conduct of other players.

and if you don't want to hear other people talk just mute them... or join a squad where no one is using a mic (if there's a squad system). no reason it shouldn't be in the game. i have no idea why it wasn't in the first place.

and yeah 20 people talking at once would be ridiculous and they should make it more of a squad chat than an entire team chat... but even still, on other games with voice chat how often does your entire team have a mic hooked up to talk to random strangers lol?

UAE sometimes removes VOIP from games (or just bans the game). They try to "protect" (they are greedy ****) their telecom operators who make tons of money when families make international calls. If ppl simply used VOIP in games operators would lose money.
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    Icemanx442 wrote: »
    Most people I come across in games like battlefield are stoned,drunk, a child or just **** and being a weirdo, it's rare to find a normal human being in a games chat.

This is too true.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• just because i'm stoned when i play doesn't mean i'm not a normal human being lmao.
  • Alex64
    5627 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »

Think before you answer.
  • Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member

I fully agree Timothy, these nay sayers are acting like they have never heard of a mute button before. All the other big triple A multiplayer games have a in game voice chat system but Star Wars battlefront didn't have one, I myself wondered as to why and I just head a light bulb moment, it's EA, it's out of pure laziness, anything to cut corners to save $$$$.

@Icemanx442 I've never stumbled across children or anyone who's intoxicated due to alcohol or other drugs for that matter of fact and I've been playing Battlefield since Bad Company (I have them all) you're definitely blowing it out of proportion by saying most people that you come across conduct themselves in this manner.
    MLtmeEi.png
  • Yes, I would like to have a game chat as well. As long as I can be able to mute it and Dice puts a filter to censor out the bad language. I remember when they first launched Battefront that the game didn't have a filter for bad language and people were cussing the whole time. I had to hide the chat pretty much when I joined a game. After they put the filter in another patch, I was able to read the chat again
  • Kylo_Solo wrote: »
    Yes, I would like to have a game chat as well. As long as I can be able to mute it and Dice puts a filter to censor out the bad language. I remember when they first launched Battefront that the game didn't have a filter for bad language and people were cussing the whole time. I had to hide the chat pretty much when I joined a game. After they put the filter in another patch, I was able to read the chat again

What happened to sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me
  • Joonlar
    1154 posts Member
    Shinjuku wrote: »
    I fully agree Timothy, these nay sayers are acting like they have never heard of a mute button before. All the other big triple A multiplayer games have a in game voice chat system but Star Wars battlefront didn't have one, I myself wondered as to why and I just head a light bulb moment, it's EA, it's out of pure laziness, anything to cut corners to save $$$$.

The reason I heard the most is that Disney want to keep their game kid/family friendly.

If that is the real reason then there likely won't be voice chat in the next game either.
  • Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Joonlar wrote: »

The reason I heard the most is that Disney want to keep their game kid/family friendly.

If that is the real reason then there likely won't be voice chat in the next game either.

OK now that sounds like a somewhat viable reason, still a poor excuse not to include it when a lot of people have been requesting for it IMO. Thanks for the info, I can now return back to my eternal slumber and sleep peacefully

@WearYourHelmets His poor virgin eyes have already sustained enough damage! He doesn't need anymore huehe (sarcasm)
    MLtmeEi.png
  • Shinjuku wrote: »

@WearYourHelmets His poor virgin eyes have already sustained enough damage! He doesn't need anymore huehe (sarcasm)

Lel, I guess swear words are scarier than I thought :scream: :scream:

@Icemanx442 I've never stumbled across children or anyone who's intoxicated due to alcohol or other drugs for that matter of fact and I've been playing Battlefield since Bad Company (I have them all) you're definitely blowing it out of proportion by saying most people that you come across conduct themselves in this manner.

No I'm not. Majority of people in voice chat are either stoned, drunk, being a general ****, or a little screaming child.
    Most normal people stay in party chat away ftom the tards
  • Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member

No I'm not. Majority of people in voice chat are either stoned, drunk, being a general ****, or a little screaming child.

Yes you are blowing it out of proportion, if you said GTA V online then I would have instantly believed you because everything you said correlates with that game, I know this because I've been playing it since release. If "majority" of the Battlefield players are intoxicated how comes I haven't witnessed any of this? Mind you all I do is play Battlefield whenever I get the chance as a lot of my friends do too. I'm going to ask them seeing as they religiously play Battlefield. They're probably going to think I'm drunk for even asking them this question "hey guise r mahjority of playrz all draunk n kids screamin on bettlefieldin??". I know they're going to say no.
    MLtmeEi.png
  • BucksawBoushh
    4229 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I had a kid (maybe 12 or 13) ask me to "please stop cursing" in a chat party the other night. I honestly didn't know how to react. I apologized and then just sat there for a moment. Stunned.

giphy.gif
    PSN: BucksawBoushh

Yes you are blowing it out of proportion, if you said GTA V online then I would have instantly believed you because everything you said correlates with that game, I know this because I've been playing it since release. If "majority" of the Battlefield players are intoxicated how comes I haven't witnessed any of this? Mind you all I do is play Battlefield whenever I get the chance as a lot of my friends do too. I'm going to ask them seeing as they religiously play Battlefield. They're probably going to think I'm drunk for even asking them this question "hey guise r mahjority of playrz all draunk n kids screamin on bettlefieldin??". I know they're going to say no.

Why are you trying to turn this into argument? I didn't say the majority of players, just the majority who use the in game chat, half the matches I play I find myself going to the squad menu only to mute people. Because of everything I mentioned.

Most people, normal people use party chat which I'm sure are the majority playing.
  • I had a kid (maybe 12 or 13) ask me to "please stop cursing" in a chat party the other night. I honestly didn't know how to react. I apologized and then just sat there for a moment. Stunned.

giphy.gif

That was a christian party, he was saving himself for the lord
  • Can someone mute this thread please? On and on and on and on and ....
  • Can someone mute this thread please? On and on and on and on and ....
    @Old_fella_1963
    Untitled-8.gif