criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

I have an idea for an ability for Yoda

ThatShibaThing
312 posts Member
edited May 2017
I've thought of something that would be really fun to implement into the upcoming SWBII.

Imagine being able to jump on a droid's head, destroy it with your saber, then jump to another one. It of course could be limited and/or timed. This, in my opinion would be fun to add because to me at least, would spice up gameplay.

This is also a pretty iconic for Yoda's character. He did it in the movies i'm pretty sure, and in the CW show.
Much Star Wars.Very forums.

Replies

• Why no?
  • Pratore
    653 posts Member
    LOL, that would look so funny. Playing as a clone trooper and seeing Yoda hopping on top of droids heads slicing their heads off. Its a cool little feature but I have a feeling it would be buggy as hell. As seen in previous games, DICE arent too good at online player to player physics.
  • Maybe so, but it would be awesome.
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    They could do it somehow like lightnight strike jumps from one player to another. Once you activate the ability, let you immediately attack one of the enemies that is nearby the one you just killed. With limited range and short duration.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • If they could implement smoothly that would be awesome.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Taken from another thread:
    Why design a menu when they're doing whatever design they like, don't you think it's kind of a waste of time and not really worth it?

Re-worded: Why propose a move for Yoda when they're doing whatever moves they want? Kind of a waste if time and not really worth it.

If you're going to take dumps on other people's ideas....

• DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    Taken from another thread:
    Why design a menu when they're doing whatever design they like, don't you think it's kind of a waste of time and not really worth it?

Re-worded: Why propose a move for Yoda when they're doing whatever moves they want? Kind of a waste if time and not really worth it.

SHOTS FIRED
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Pratore
    653 posts Member

Because it is a discussion not every single idea we come up with DICE is going to implement into the game. Its a discussion like I said, its a place where we can express our opinions and come up with our own features/ideas.
  • Darth_Lame0
    121 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I don't think any ideas should be shot down based on how likely they are to be in BF2. I say this as someone who believes that pretty much anything we can ask for either is in the game already or won't be there at all.

Speculation is fine with me because:
    A) It's fun.
    B ) It gives us something to do to pass the time until the next big info leak.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7330 posts Member
    Sounds like fun, but keep in mind that the droids will move faster and different from the droids in the movies and series which would make the implementation a little bit complicated for several targets.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Pratore wrote: »

Because it is a discussion not every single idea we come up with DICE is going to implement into the game. Its a discussion like I said, its a place where we can express our opinions and come up with our own features/ideas.

You must have missed the part where the OP was the same person quoted from someone else's thread. Once that connection is made the irony of the original post hits a whole new level.
  • Sounds like a neat feature but something tells me that it would take a lot of time and effort to implement. Time that could be used to work and improve other important aspects.
  • Pratore
    653 posts Member
    Pratore wrote: »

You must have missed the part where the OP was the same person quoted from someone else's thread. Once that connection is made the irony of the original post hits a whole new level.

Yeah I know, he was quoting someone else. I just couldnt be bothered to edit message or to delete it, so i just left it
  • ThatShibaThing
    312 posts Member
    edited May 2017

It's not really a dump, your example is not worth throwing out there, unless you're that bored and want to push someone's buttons. I was giving him a heads up, not dumping his idea. It's not my fault if people get offended over such things. And why propose a move for Yoda? Because I thought it was a cool idea.

I haven't heard of a game's menu style ever being proposed by fans, have you? It's different with actual gameplay, where the fans can be listened to and give advice to the developers on how the game's gameplay can be carried out. Stop bringing in drama, it's not even worth saying..!
  • Master_Cunha
    4550 posts Member
    Don't know why it would need to be timed.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    That would be a cool movie and worth adding if it isn't too hard.

1:40
  • This sounds like that wraith ability from Shadow of Mordor where you lock onto a new enemy after an instant-kill wraith strike... potnentially chaining together 4 or 5 quick-teleport kills to people standing close enough together.
  • Alex64
    5620 posts Member
    It could be the same heavy attack ability from Luke and Vader but this time Yoda would jump around like a frog to strike multiple enemies.
  • Taken from another thread:

It's not really a dump, your example is not worth throwing out there, unless you're that bored and want to push someone's buttons. I was giving him a heads up, not dumping his idea. It's not my fault if people get offended over such things. And why propose a move for Yoda? Because I thought it was a cool idea.

I haven't heard of a game's menu style ever being proposed by fans, have you? It's different with actual gameplay, where the fans can be listened to and give advice to the developers on how the game's gameplay can be carried out. Stop bringing in drama, it's not even worth saying..!

Then don't get offended when I tell you not to waste your time with yoda. If the guy wants to propose menu adjustments, leave him be. People complained all sorts about the white menus in BF1 and by all accounts it appears it may be black in BFII.

How about this for a heads up: With just a few months left the ability of the development team to tweak with menus has a greater chance of getting implemented than throwing in some last minute ninja PT Yoda head-bounce special move.

A Yoda head-bounce may well be a cool move. The only drama around here is you claiming yours is the only poo that don't stink.

• bfloo
    14032 posts Member
    Sounds like fun, but keep in mind that the droids will move faster and different from the droids in the movies and series which would make the implementation a little bit complicated for several targets.

Not with the way my team mates love to bunch up in choke points.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Agherosh
    1092 posts Member

Then don't get offended when I tell you not to waste your time with yoda. If the guy wants to propose menu adjustments, leave him be. People complained all sorts about the white menus in BF1 and by all accounts it appears it may be black in BFII.

How about this for a heads up: With just a few months left the ability of the development team to tweak with menus has a greater chance of getting implemented than throwing in some last minute ninja PT Yoda head-bounce special move.

A Yoda head-bounce may well be a cool move. The only drama around here is you claiming yours is the only poo that don't stink.

Just to point something out. I'm pretty sure it won't be black, I think they already said it will have a blue hologram look, like the cover we saw, pretty much I guess.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • ThatShibaThing
    312 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Kenny_Bania_Gold: Learn the definition of drama. You're throwing out stuff against me thinking you're all smart. There is literally no sign of me getting offended, and you have no right to say, "The only drama is your.." If you want drama, look at your past comments, And stop acting like a 7 year old and stop bickering pointlessly.
  • And stop acting like a 7 year old and stop bickering pointlessly.

If pointing out the irony in your posts is acting like a 7 yr old....then guilty as charged.

tenor.gif