criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

rolling and weird gymnastics...

Prev1
Fugazi_123
132 posts Member
Can we get rid of the rolling around and somersaults....look silly, very unrealistic, especially for stormtroopers or anyone carrying heavy blasters....if not removed altogether, a sideways roll should be followed by blurred vision for 5 seconds or dropping the weapon.

Replies

• LERXST
    853 posts Member
    Um no
  • I liked the rolling from the original Battlefronts.
    4oEtTHz.png
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    I like the roll it just needs to be improved so that you can't reload while doing it and things like that.
  • okamiaterasu
    172 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I want a rolling function. Please don't remove it

(just did not like the way people use it to move forward faster)
  • Alex64
    5627 posts Member
    Keep rollin'
  • LERXST
    853 posts Member
    Yeah so...kill this thread
  • Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    Fugazi_123 wrote: »
    Can we get rid of the rolling around and somersaults....look silly, very unrealistic, especially for stormtroopers or anyone carrying heavy blasters....if not removed altogether, a sideways roll should be followed by blurred vision for 5 seconds or dropping the weapon.

I know what you mean about the gymnastics and the rolling, my bro saw one of my friends doing that and he was confused asking me "why is this guy doing flips and somersaults up walls??" I think the combat rolling will be toned down a lot more in Star Wars Battlefront 2 so have no fear.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • Master_Cunha
    4550 posts Member
    It should be directional like the originals; not allow rolling if you have something on your back; not make you get stuck on twigs and not allow actions to be performed whilst rolling.
    Jumping should also not increase speed.
  • Fugazi_123 wrote: »

I agree though it is what currently makes me get good killsreaks so i might suck without it but yeah it makes no sense
  • Sangth
    125 posts Member
    I'd like to avoid roll spam at all costs. Leave it in but don't make it ridiculous.
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    But.. I like the roll and doing super jedi air flips as a stormtrooper :frowning: (That flip stuff is so cool tho)
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    Jumping should also not increase speed.

I don't think it does.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• "I have always wanted to be a flipping stormtrooper and use my trusty EE-4"
  • Really? I'm just starting to get the hang of the combat roll...
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • LERXST wrote: »
    Yeah so...kill this thread

Maybe keep the flips for the under 15's games?
  • Pratore
    653 posts Member

Yeah I agree, the rolling looks so stupid and is very buggy. They should just remove it completely. The bunnyhopping is also very annoying and makes this game so casual and arcadey
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Keep rollin'

Move in move out hand up hands down
  • You see me rollin'; you hatin'
    TFA-10.7.gif
    , very unrealistic,

take a hike.

if you want real go outside.
  • Lonnisity
    1941 posts Member
    No, they're keeping it in.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Lonnisity wrote: »

How do you know that?
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    Stalemate wrote: »

How do you know that?

They said rolling will be in the game but will be different.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
    , very unrealistic,

take a hike.

Right, so any time anyone wants some realism in a game they need to turn it off and go outside? Oh dear...
    , very unrealistic,

take a hike.

Right, so any time anyone wants some realism in a game they need to turn it off and go outside? Oh dear...

precisely. This isn't Sims. This is starwars, where lightsabers exist and people move objects with their mind.

You're talking about Rolling with heavy blasters but, who's to say these humanoids from other planets are built just like the ones on Earth? They may be stronger , faster etc. Heck, There isn't even an Earth in this story. Your argument for more realism is paper thin in a world where Han Solo hip fires and hardly ever misses a target.

you want a game based on Human Earth warfare, There is COD, Battlefield etc etc.
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    [/quote]

precisely. This isn't Sims. This is starwars, where lightsabers exist and people move objects with their mind.

[/quote]

You just gave me a great idea for a game.
    , very unrealistic,

take a hike.

You're talking about Rolling with heavy blasters but, who's to say these humanoids from other planets are built just like the ones on Earth? They may be stronger , faster etc. Heck, There isn't even an Earth in this story. Your argument for more realism is paper thin in a world where Han Solo hip fires and hardly ever misses a target.

you want a game based on Human Earth warfare, There is COD, Battlefield etc etc.

While Star Wars isn't "realistic", at the same time we don't see troopers on the battlefield infinitely rolling around the way we do in this game sometimes. Can you imagine how ridiculous the opening gun fight on the Tantive IV would look if all the Rebels and Storm Troopers were rolling all over the ground while shooting at each other? Come to think of it, I'd love to see a fan film of that. Anyways, I'm fine with a rolling mechanic being in Battlefront, but that doesn't mean that it should be the same as it is now.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    , very unrealistic,

take a hike.

Sims isn't realistic either.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • ROMG4
    2362 posts Member
    , very unrealistic,

take a hike.

Everytime I see someone talk about COD and BattleField I have to wonder if they have played more than 10 games.

If even 10 at all.
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • People complain about rolling being silly b/c it's "unrealistic" with a backpack or jumppack on? Lol you guys realize this is the universe with planet-destroying space stations, lightsabers, mind-reading, stopping bolts of energy in mid air, and shooting lightning out of your palms right?

keep the rolling
  • ROMG4
    2362 posts Member
    FettForMVP wrote: »
    People complain about rolling being silly b/c it's "unrealistic" with a backpack or jumppack on? Lol you guys realize this is the universe with planet-destroying space stations, lightsabers, mind-reading, stopping bolts of energy in mid air, and shooting lightning out of your palms right?

keep the rolling
    This is a little different.

The Films and Universe still follow basic physics and even when the Universe breaks common physics, Such as holding on to a object while resisting the force of space. we never see common bloody infantry in dirty clothes execute perfect flying jump rolls that almost get them to the top of the Falcon in Cargo Maps without error, execution so flawless that it would put every single Gymnast on the planet to S H A M E. while carrying Wookie Bowcasters, Jumpacks and a Heavy Blaster, we never see Han Solo jumping around like Yoda and in fact the only time we ever see what we see in this game in the actual Universe is from Y O D A.

You guys just straw man so much it's rather silly.

And most of your straw manning makes no sense the Death Star makes sense under Sci-Fi Science and everything else is mystical Force stuff so it's excused right off the batt.

While most of us see gaming like this.

3-0000.jpg

While you guys see this

Evolution-of-Gaming.gif

While you all continually spout out COD!!! AND BATLLEFIELDS AND REWRASLISMS.

Which only makes your lack of knowledge and Games all the more evident and silly.
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Alex64
    5627 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    People complain about rolling being silly b/c it's "unrealistic" with a backpack or jumppack on? Lol you guys realize this is the universe with planet-destroying space stations, lightsabers, mind-reading, stopping bolts of energy in mid air, and shooting lightning out of your palms right?

keep the rolling

The Films and Universe still follow basic physics and even when the Universe breaks common physics, Such as holding on to a object while resisting the force of space. we never see common bloody infantry in dirty clothes execute perfect flying jump rolls that almost get them to the top of the Falcon in Cargo Maps without error, execution so flawless that it would put every single Gymnast on the planet to S H A M E. while carrying Wookie Bowcasters, Jumpacks and a Heavy Blaster, we never see Han Solo jumping around like Yoda and in fact the only time we ever see what we see in this game in the actual Universe is from Y O D A.

And most of your straw manning makes no sense the Death Star makes sense under Sci-Fi Science and everything else is mystical Force stuff so it's excused right off the batt.

3-0000.jpg

While you guys see this

Evolution-of-Gaming.gif

Which only makes your lack of knowledge and Games all the more evident and silly.

You're wrong, that's how casual people see gaming bc the only skill needed to be good on videogames it's called "Eye-hand coordination" and it's so real.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye–hand_coordination
  • ROMG4
    2362 posts Member
    giphy.gif

Blah just blah. I could break every block of chalk in the world explaining it to you but you never listen.
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

keep the rolling

3-0000.jpg

While you guys see this

Evolution-of-Gaming.gif

I'm not claiming to have any knowledge, so you really can't justify telling me I lack it. The Jump packing is annoying, I wish that was taken out of the game in all sincerity. All I'm saying is an action roll to get out the way of a grenade or get to cover really shouldn't irritate anyone. I do agree with others on that you shouldn't be able to shoot while rolling, rolling shouldn't make you move faster, and that it should have more of a cooldown than it does now. If a player using Han chooses to jump up and down like a buffoon, so be it. You can't remove a player's option to jump that would just be equally as ridiculous.
  • Alex64
    5627 posts Member
    There are 2 kind of people who ask realism in Battlefront;

1.- Those who ask ADS system and hipfire penalties(maybe bc they like FPS,. Anyway they're reasonable ones)

2.- Those who ask the same that 1st kind and also wants to limit or remove some things like jump packs, rolling, 3rd person vision, etc( I guess they were playing COD BO3 thinking they were so good in FPS and they were completely destroyed, that's why they act so unreasonable)
  • ROMG4
    2362 posts Member
    2.- Those who ask the same that 1st kind and also wants to limit or remove some things 3rd person vision,)

No one wants to remove 3rd Person...Stop. Lying.

Anything, anyone has ever asked is just to limit the range of vision so you can't hide behind a corner and kill people as they go by because you can see them a mile away.

It would only impact Corner Campers.
    ( I guess they were playing COD BO3 thinking they were so good in FPS and they were completely destroyed, that's why they act so unreasonable)
    Play. more. games.

I hate how people act like COD and BattleField are the center of the Universe and all anyone wants when they mention changes. I haven't even played a COD or BattleField and I think BF2 needs to be completely reworked.

E X P L A I N T H I S
    rolling,
    Not even Martial Arts Legends can do what our characters can do.

All we ask is that Rolling be reduced so we don't just jump roll all the time while walking around or in fights because it gets boring.

Fast.

Especially when Jump roll spam is THE ONLY WAY to beat EE4 and C487 and all the other OHK, which makes Gameplay tedious to all except the OHK spammers.
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • I hope I'll be able to roll around like a spastic crackhead in the next game because it's a key component of my playstyle
  • I play video games to do crazy stuff I cant do in real life. If I wanted more realism id go do real life stuff.

You posted pics of some of the best video games ever created and they were built upon simplicity and outrageous imagination.

Contra is one of the greatest games ever created, but if it were created now you'd be complaining that it is impossible that Men can do front flips while shooting guns in the air.

Live a little bro. The combat rolling isn't even that bad, I could stream a match and you'd see not even that many players even utilizing the maneuver.

A lot of you are over exaggerating its use.
  • Alex64
    5627 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    2.- Those who ask the same that 1st kind and also wants to limit or remove some things 3rd person vision,)

No one wants to remove 3rd Person...Stop. Lying.

Anything, anyone has ever asked is just to limit the range of vision so you can't hide behind a corner and kill people as they go by because you can see them a mile away.

It would only impact Corner Campers.
    ( I guess they were playing COD BO3 thinking they were so good in FPS and they were completely destroyed, that's why they act so unreasonable)
    Play. more. games.

I hate how people act like COD and BattleField are the center of the Universe and all anyone wants when they mention changes. I haven't even played a COD or BattleField and I think BF2 needs to be completely reworked.

E X P L A I N T H I S
    rolling,
    Not even Martial Arts Legends can do what our characters can do.

All we ask is that Rolling be reduced so we don't just jump roll all the time while walking around or in fights because it gets boring.

Fast.

Especially when Jump roll spam is THE ONLY WAY to beat EE4 and C487 and all the other OHK, which makes Gameplay tedious to all except the OHK spammers.

Ok now I know you are the second one.

By the way COD BlackOps 3 it's a competitive shooter and its full of skilled players, bc if you feel so competitive and bored to casual things, go there and play it.
  • ROMG4
    2362 posts Member
    I play video games to do crazy stuff I cant do in real life. If I wanted more realism id go do real life stuff.

You posted pics of some of the best video games ever created and they were built upon simplicity and outrageous imagination.

Contra is one of the greatest games ever created, but if it were created now you'd be complaining that it is impossible that Men can do front flips while shooting guns in the air.

Live a little bro. The combat rolling isn't even that bad, I could stream a match and you'd see not even that many players even utilizing the maneuver.

A lot of you are over exaggerating its use.

The difference is those games were BUILT around the usage of crazy and awesome stunts. BF (2015) was poorly designed and not built around it, maybe you might not be seeing it but I assure you the meta is jump rolling. which reduces the fun of the game especially when you see a C487 or EE4 player or any OHK spammer, because at that point the only way you can survive is by spamming Jump Roll. because if you stand or even strafe normally you will lose every time.
    Ok now I know you are the second one.

I have gotten annoyed at explaining things to you so I am no longer being as polite.
    By the way COD BlackOps 3 it's a competitive shooter and its full of skilled players, bc if you feel so competitive and bored to casual things, go there and play it.

Why are people always like this? why is it that a Casual game always has to be depthless and lacking? the game BorderLands 2 could be considered casual or should I say open to everything (I hate it when people have to classify stuff Games are games) and it is full of awesome stuff. but people don't seem to want developed stuff or anything BattleFront related.

Just go play BorderLands 2 and see what I mean.

And than come back to me and say that BF (2015) is a worthwhile concept and worthy of our $60 that we spent.

We want our Money to be worth it we want a developed and good game that has depth and interesting mechanics to it.

I mean even back when BF (2015) was still active, EA said they recognized they messed up with the lack of content.

Casual is simply a excuse for the lack of content not a identity but a excuse.
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

keep the rolling

3-0000.jpg

While you guys see this

Evolution-of-Gaming.gif

Well said
  • Gomen
    482 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    No, it should be kept the way it is. The roll creates a skill gap in star wars. People need to learn how to deal with rolling.
    Friend me on PSN. My GT is O_lVl_E_N.
  • Stamina
  • Agherosh wrote: »
    Stalemate wrote: »

How do you know that?

They said rolling will be in the game but will be different.
    , very unrealistic,

take a hike.

While Star Wars isn't "realistic", at the same time we don't see troopers on the battlefield infinitely rolling around the way we do in this game sometimes. Can you imagine how ridiculous the opening gun fight on the Tantive IV would look if all the Rebels and Storm Troopers were rolling all over the ground while shooting at each other? Come to think of it, I'd love to see a fan film of that. Anyways, I'm fine with a rolling mechanic being in Battlefront, but that doesn't mean that it should be the same as it is now.

Exactly...when I say realistic I am not talking about having everything the same as on Earth...I am talking about a true star wars experience, being true to what we see from the movies/shows....if the new films were full of funny emotes and rolling around any actual real fan would just walk out.
  • Alex64 wrote: »

1.- Those who ask ADS system and hipfire penalties(maybe bc they like FPS,. Anyway they're reasonable ones)

2.- Those who ask the same that 1st kind and also wants to limit or remove some things like jump packs, rolling, 3rd person vision, etc( I guess they were playing COD BO3 thinking they were so good in FPS and they were completely destroyed, that's why they act so unreasonable)

nope
  • Alex64
    5627 posts Member

nope

Yep
  • ROMG4
    2362 posts Member

nope

Yep

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • I don't know man, I have a good amount of hours clocked into this game, I hardly ever even see folks even utilizing the combat roll that much, and when they do, they botch it and still get killed.

I think you guys are really exaggerating the spam
  • Bump 1
    eXDju3PlR224XhTB62ar_rollingkid.gif
    JEFF GOLDBLUM A GOD

• TMachine97
    1022 posts Member
    How are people somersaulting? The most you can do is roll to the side and jump

• Frix
    626 posts Member
    I've never seen someone sideways roll in real life like I see in game. But hey they said it's getting tweaked. Hopefully that means drastically changed.