criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Why do some people think Anakin won't be in at launch?

Prev13
ShowOff
113 posts Member
Are they sincere or are they trolling

Replies

  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Some people believe that since we're already getting Vader, DICE won't feel the need to make Anakin because they're the same person even though they're two completely different characters.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    It's trolling. Anakin will be in the release version or EA will get into trouble from Disney.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    It's trolling. Anakin will be in the release version or EA will get into trouble from Disney.

    They wont get in trouble at all. Anakin is obviously going to be in this game, he was the poster boy of the Jedi Order after all.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

    aakkhwbkosde.gif

  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    I honestly don't know how someone could think that they're not adding Anakin Skywalker. Its so ignorant to think of such blasphemy. I'm sure their would be riots if this was true though.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

    aakkhwbkosde.gif

  • DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    I honestly don't know how someone could think that they're not adding Anakin Skywalker. Its so ignorant to think of such blasphemy. I'm sure their would be riots if this was true though.

    Here's to hoping they don't add him then
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    It's trolling. Anakin will be in the release version or EA will get into trouble from Disney.

    They wont get in trouble at all. Anakin is obviously going to be in this game, he was the poster boy of the Jedi Order after all.

    He is not only the poster boy. He is the protagonist of episode 1-3 and more precisely episode 1-6 is a Skywalker story around Anakin and his son.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    It's trolling. Anakin will be in the release version or EA will get into trouble from Disney.

    They wont get in trouble at all. Anakin is obviously going to be in this game, he was the poster boy of the Jedi Order after all.

    He is not only the poster boy. He is the protagonist of episode 1-3 and more precisely episode 1-6 is a Skywalker story around Anakin and his son.

    That too.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

    aakkhwbkosde.gif

  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    I honestly don't know how someone could think that they're not adding Anakin Skywalker. Its so ignorant to think of such blasphemy. I'm sure their would be riots if this was true though.

    Here's to hoping they don't add him then

    Ha ha! Good one, bravo. Are you here all week? XD
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

    aakkhwbkosde.gif

  • DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    I honestly don't know how someone could think that they're not adding Anakin Skywalker. Its so ignorant to think of such blasphemy. I'm sure their would be riots if this was true though.

    Here's to hoping they don't add him then

    Ha ha! Good one, bravo. Are you here all week? XD

    X12WoA1.gif
  • Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member
    Well, I won't be surprised if they leave him out for whatever reason. It's EA ,they always find a way to mess something up.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I wouldn't mind if Anakin was left out because he and Vader fighting would be really awkward and unauthentic. Please spare me the "Yoda and Maul fighting is unauthentic" or "Rey and Vader fighting is unauthentic." You get what I mean when I say Vader and Anakin fighting just doesn't seem right. Also, save the flame claiming that I'm anti-content because I'm not saying I don't want Anakin, I'm just saying I wouldn't be mad if he wasn't in the game.
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    I honestly don't know how someone could think that they're not adding Anakin Skywalker. Its so ignorant to think of such blasphemy. I'm sure their would be riots if this was true though.

    Here's to hoping they don't add him then

    Ha ha! Good one, bravo. Are you here all week? XD

    X12WoA1.gif

    Rey lookin at me like that & I be like
    krabs_rag3do.jpg

    You did this to me.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

    aakkhwbkosde.gif

  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member
    Same reason that people don't believe a lot of things: they are expecting to get every little detail about bf2 immeadiately and freak out when the thing they were hoping for wasn't shown in the trailer.
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • I think part of the reason some people don't think Anakin will be in at launch is that they aren't expecting that many heroes to be in the game at launch. Some think we will only get three per faction at launch(which is the bare minimum IMO) and they think the Republic heroes will be Yoda(already confirmed), Obi-Wan(semi-confirmed) and Padme(because female representation). I disagree of course. If the game was indeed limited to three heroes per side at launch, Anakin easily beats out Padme. Not a diss on Padme or anything, she totally deserves a spot, just not over Anakin. Ideally though, we'll at least get four heroes per side at launch, at which point it won't be an issue.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • I'm sure we'll get Anakin at launch..But maybe not episode 3 Anakin... They seem to be showing off alot of episode 2 content(Obi Wan and Jango Fett on Kamino, Phase 1 clone Troopers). So we'll probably get a episode 2 skin at launch and episode 3 and maybe even clone wars Anakin will come post launch
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    I'm sure we'll get Anakin at launch..But maybe not episode 3 Anakin... They seem to be showing off alot of episode 2 content(Obi Wan and Jango Fett on Kamino, Phase 1 clone Troopers). So we'll probably get a episode 2 skin at launch and episode 3 and maybe even clone wars Anakin will come post launch

    I kinda agree because I want Ep 3 Anakin's powers in the game but Ep 3 Anakin is too dark to be on the Republic. Soooo Ep 2 Anakin it probably is....though I hope they give us Ep 3 Obi Wan
  • Landeaux wrote: »
    I'm sure we'll get Anakin at launch..But maybe not episode 3 Anakin... They seem to be showing off alot of episode 2 content(Obi Wan and Jango Fett on Kamino, Phase 1 clone Troopers). So we'll probably get a episode 2 skin at launch and episode 3 and maybe even clone wars Anakin will come post launch

    I kinda agree because I want Ep 3 Anakin's powers in the game but Ep 3 Anakin is too dark to be on the Republic. Soooo Ep 2 Anakin it probably is....though I hope they give us Ep 3 Obi Wan

    I think all that content would come post launch as alternate skins . I don't think an episode 3 Anakin would be too dark to fight alongside the republic..Besides we see episode 3 Anakin in the clone wars after season 4. And plus Anakin is with the republic through most of episode 3
  • ThePoolshark
    2961 posts Member
    ShowOff wrote: »
    Are they sincere or are they trolling

    I am willing to bet Anakin isn't in the game. Vader will be there, Anakin won't
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    ShowOff wrote: »
    Are they sincere or are they trolling

    I am willing to bet Anakin isn't in the game. Vader will be there, Anakin won't

    Well I think he will be in the game as he was the star of the prequels.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

    aakkhwbkosde.gif

  • Kenny_Bania_GOLD
    2107 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    ShowOff wrote: »
    Are they sincere or are they trolling

    I am willing to bet Anakin isn't in the game. Vader will be there, Anakin won't

    hold-onto-your-butts-velociraptor.gif
  • ShowOff wrote: »
    Are they sincere or are they trolling

    I am willing to bet Anakin isn't in the game. Vader will be there, Anakin won't

    Really? Even a admin has doubts of seeing Anakin...The Star and main protagonist of the entire star wars franchise? Yea Luke was the focal point of the original trilogy...But the story even then was about Anakin and how he was redeemed
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    ShowOff wrote: »
    Are they sincere or are they trolling

    I am willing to bet Anakin isn't in the game. Vader will be there, Anakin won't

    hold-onto-your-butts-velociraptor.gif

    Let him pass in peace.
    tumblr_oim471yxas1shvvl5o6_400.gif


    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

    aakkhwbkosde.gif

  • Pratore
    653 posts Member
    Because of the first game... so many things that should of been in the base game, were not. Which is why fans are skepctical.
  • Landeaux wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind if Anakin was left out because he and Vader fighting would be really awkward and unauthentic. Please spare me the "Yoda and Maul fighting is unauthentic" or "Rey and Vader fighting is unauthentic." You get what I mean when I say Vader and Anakin fighting just doesn't seem right. Also, save the flame claiming that I'm anti-content because I'm not saying I don't want Anakin, I'm just saying I wouldn't be mad if he wasn't in the game.

    He would be era-locked so he wouldnt fight vader anyway.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    ShowOff wrote: »
    Are they sincere or are they trolling

    I am willing to bet Anakin isn't in the game. Vader will be there, Anakin won't

    I'll bet all my credits from Battlefront 2015 that Anakin will be in Battlefront II 2017 ;) Anakin, Luke and Rey are the protagonists. Even Vader and Anakin are the same person, they are two different characters.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

  • ShowOff wrote: »
    Are they sincere or are they trolling

    I am willing to bet Anakin isn't in the game. Vader will be there, Anakin won't

    I'll bet all my credits from Battlefront 2015 that Anakin will be in Battlefront II 2017 ;) Anakin, Luke and Rey are the protagonists. Even Vader and Anakin are the same person, they are two different characters.

    I will take that bet.
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • thiago2103 wrote: »
    Landeaux wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind if Anakin was left out because he and Vader fighting would be really awkward and unauthentic. Please spare me the "Yoda and Maul fighting is unauthentic" or "Rey and Vader fighting is unauthentic." You get what I mean when I say Vader and Anakin fighting just doesn't seem right. Also, save the flame claiming that I'm anti-content because I'm not saying I don't want Anakin, I'm just saying I wouldn't be mad if he wasn't in the game.

    He would be era-locked so he wouldnt fight vader anyway.

    I think he meant HvV , which is already confirmed to have cross-era gameplay

    Anyway , i personally wouldn't have a problem with it , considering they're both COMPLETELY different characters and are not the same person anymore .

    I figured he might mean that but i found it too silly to adress.
    I mean , it is a free for all mode, any semblance of canon and immersion is thrown out but having issue with anakin fighting vader?
    Come on
  • Anakin is one of the most iconic characters. If he is not in the game .. that would be a shame for DICE.
  • He'll be in the game.....No reason NOT to include him
  • This is a silly thread. Why would anyone buy into this.
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    This is a silly thread. Why would anyone buy into this.

    I actually think it could be plausible.

    Not saying it will happen, but I think it could be possible that Anakin is not included in at launch.

    If you recall, Chewbacca was not included in EA's Battlefront 1 at launch.

    Also, some may feel that Anakin and Vader would be a repeat of a Hero Selection, as, despite many arguing that Anakin and Vader are separate characters, they are both still the same person.

    Padme seems to be a given as a Hero Choice for the Republic, due to A ) Being a Blaster Hero to counter all the Lightsaber Heroes and B ) Being a female and bringing about diversity to the Republic Hero Roster.

    Plus, Yoda and Obi-Wan have already been confirmed to be Republic Heroes.

    And, EA/DICE provided only 3 Heroes per side at launch of EA's Battlefront 1.

    So............

    It maybe could happen.

    Post edited by Jarrad on
  • Whodunnit
    5553 posts Member
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    Landeaux wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind if Anakin was left out because he and Vader fighting would be really awkward and unauthentic. Please spare me the "Yoda and Maul fighting is unauthentic" or "Rey and Vader fighting is unauthentic." You get what I mean when I say Vader and Anakin fighting just doesn't seem right. Also, save the flame claiming that I'm anti-content because I'm not saying I don't want Anakin, I'm just saying I wouldn't be mad if he wasn't in the game.

    He would be era-locked so he wouldnt fight vader anyway.

    I think he meant HvV , which is already confirmed to have cross-era gameplay

    Anyway , i personally wouldn't have a problem with it , considering they're both COMPLETELY different characters and are not the same person anymore .

    I figured he might mean that but i found it too silly to adress.
    I mean , it is a free for all mode, any semblance of canon and immersion is thrown out but having issue with anakin fighting vader?
    Come on

    I really hope HvV will be era-locked and they meant another Hero mode where you can cross eras. I mean in the old games you could fight as Anakin with two Vader's on your side in Hero Assault, so a mode something like that would be okay in BFII as well BUT we need, at least I need a Hero mode which can make sense, so a HvV without crossing eras.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Jarrad wrote: »
    This is a silly thread. Why would anyone buy into this.

    I actually think it could be plausible.

    Not saying it will happen, but I think it could be possible that Anakin is not included in at launch.

    If you recall, Chewbacca was not included in EA's Battlefront 1 at launch.

    Also, some may feel that Anakin and Vader would be a repeat of a Hero Selection, as, despite many arguing that Anakin and Vader are separate characters, they are both still the same person.

    Padme seems to be a given as a Hero Choice for the Republic, due to A ) Being a Blaster Hero to counter all the Lightsaber Heroes and B ) Being a female and bringing about diversity to the Republic Hero Roster.

    Plus, Anakin and Obi-Wan have already been confirmed to be Republic Heroes.

    And, EA/DICE provided only 3 Heroes per side at launch of EA's Battlefront 1.

    So............

    It maybe could happen.

    When did they confirm Anakin? Source?
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    Jarrad wrote: »
    This is a silly thread. Why would anyone buy into this.

    I actually think it could be plausible.

    Not saying it will happen, but I think it could be possible that Anakin is not included in at launch.

    If you recall, Chewbacca was not included in EA's Battlefront 1 at launch.

    Also, some may feel that Anakin and Vader would be a repeat of a Hero Selection, as, despite many arguing that Anakin and Vader are separate characters, they are both still the same person.

    Padme seems to be a given as a Hero Choice for the Republic, due to A ) Being a Blaster Hero to counter all the Lightsaber Heroes and B ) Being a female and bringing about diversity to the Republic Hero Roster.

    Plus, Anakin and Obi-Wan have already been confirmed to be Republic Heroes.

    And, EA/DICE provided only 3 Heroes per side at launch of EA's Battlefront 1.

    So............

    It maybe could happen.

    When did they confirm Anakin? Source?

    I meant Yoda and Obi-Wan

    Error in typing
  • Its the same reason and the same people that thought PT wouldn't make it into SWBFII; They got so butt hurt from the first shallow game EA/DICE made, that they have little to no hope/trust in the next game. Statements like "Well this is how it was in the first game so we can't expect much more than that" is the cancer that has plagued the community. You can't really blame them honestly, like the saying goes: a good indicator of future behavior, is past behavior. Just sucks since all we are really doing is giving the devs and pubs an out for not exceeding or doing better the next time. Keep your expectations high to push them to do better, even if it means not getting everything you asked for.
  • Chewbacca... really. If Luke or Han were omitted then I'd see your point.
  • Alex64
    7020 posts Member
    People arguing about jetpack flames color, and now this.

    I don't want to live in this planet anymore.


  • thiago2103 wrote: »
    Chewbacca... really. If Luke or Han were omitted then I'd see your point.

    Chewbacca is arguably the most iconic star wars character of all time with Vader and maybe Yoda .

    You're gonna have to let me know if you're being sarcastic.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    Chewbacca... really. If Luke or Han were omitted then I'd see your point.

    Chewbacca is arguably the most iconic star wars character of all time with Vader and maybe Yoda .

    Ehhhhhhhhh
  • Whodunnit
    5553 posts Member
    Landeaux wrote: »
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    Chewbacca... really. If Luke or Han were omitted then I'd see your point.

    Chewbacca is arguably the most iconic star wars character of all time with Vader and maybe Yoda .

    Ehhhhhhhhh

    They're the 3 most recognizable characters for someone who never saw Star Wars.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • thiago2103 wrote: »
    Landeaux wrote: »
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    Chewbacca... really. If Luke or Han were omitted then I'd see your point.

    Chewbacca is arguably the most iconic star wars character of all time with Vader and maybe Yoda .

    Ehhhhhhhhh

    He is no doubt more iconic than any prequel character , thats a fact , i feel its a tie between Him , yoda , Vader and maybe Han .

    Its Darth Vader hands down, every one knows him for the breathing even the people who know nothing about SW. Not to mention Darth Vader merchandise sells more on average than any other character, SWs is probably the only franchise who has successfully created villains that are as (if not more) popular than the heroes lol.

    This all perfectly segways back to why Anakin should be his own hero. (Feels ridiculous having to say this)
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    Chewbacca... really. If Luke or Han were omitted then I'd see your point.

    Basically, many would consider the top 4 Rebellion Heroes of the Original Trilogy Era to be:

    Luke, Han, Leia, Chewbacca

    Meanwhile, again, many individuals would probably consider the top 4 Imperial Heroes of the Original Trilogy Era to be:

    Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Boba Fett, Grand Moff Tarkin

    However, with EA's Battlefront 1, Chewbacca was included as DLC and Grand Moff Tarkin was omitted.

    EA/DICE decided to keep the base number at launch for Heroes/Villains to be 3 on 3.

    Yoda and Obi-Wan have already been confirmed to be 2 of the Republic Heroes for the Prequel Trilogy Era.

    Padme will probably be the third Republic Hero for the Prequel Trilogy Era for three reasons:

    1. EA/DICE will want to throw in blaster heroes, along with the lightsaber heroes

    2. EA/DICE will want to bring about diversity of characters and include a female for equality

    3. Padme was a major character.

    Therefore, it is looking like three slots have already been filled up for the Republic Heroes for the Prequel Trilogy Era, with those Heroes being Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Padme.

    It remains to be seen if Anakin will be included.

    However, EA/DICE may very well choose to exclude Anakin.

    We'll just have to see.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    Landeaux wrote: »
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    Chewbacca... really. If Luke or Han were omitted then I'd see your point.

    Chewbacca is arguably the most iconic star wars character of all time with Vader and maybe Yoda .

    Ehhhhhhhhh

    He is no doubt more iconic than any prequel character , thats a fact , i feel its a tie between Him , yoda , Vader and maybe Han .

    I think Chewie is iconic, I don't think that he blows by Obi Wan or Luke though...or even Leia
  • Jarrad wrote: »
    Chewbacca... really. If Luke or Han were omitted then I'd see your point.

    Basically, many would consider the top 4 Rebellion Heroes of the Original Trilogy Era to be:

    Luke, Han, Leia, Chewbacca

    Meanwhile, again, many individuals would probably consider the top 4 Imperial Heroes of the Original Trilogy Era to be:

    Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Boba Fett, Grand Moff Tarkin

    However, with EA's Battlefront 1, Chewbacca was included as DLC and Grand Moff Tarkin was omitted.

    EA/DICE decided to keep the base number at launch for Heroes/Villains to be 3 on 3.

    Yoda and Obi-Wan have already been confirmed to be 2 of the Republic Heroes for the Prequel Trilogy Era.

    Padme will probably be the third Republic Hero for the Prequel Trilogy Era for three reasons:

    1. EA/DICE will want to throw in blaster heroes, along with the lightsaber heroes

    2. EA/DICE will want to bring about diversity of characters and include a female for equality

    3. Padme was a major character.

    Therefore, it is looking like three slots have already been filled up for the Republic Heroes for the Prequel Trilogy Era, with those Heroes being Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Padme.

    It remains to be seen if Anakin will be included.

    However, EA/DICE may very well choose to exclude Anakin.

    We'll just have to see.

    All this is based under the assumption that they will follow the "sacred rule of 3" heroes only.
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member
    Jarrad wrote: »
    Chewbacca... really. If Luke or Han were omitted then I'd see your point.

    Basically, many would consider the top 4 Rebellion Heroes of the Original Trilogy Era to be:

    Luke, Han, Leia, Chewbacca

    Meanwhile, again, many individuals would probably consider the top 4 Imperial Heroes of the Original Trilogy Era to be:

    Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Boba Fett, Grand Moff Tarkin

    However, with EA's Battlefront 1, Chewbacca was included as DLC and Grand Moff Tarkin was omitted.

    EA/DICE decided to keep the base number at launch for Heroes/Villains to be 3 on 3.

    Yoda and Obi-Wan have already been confirmed to be 2 of the Republic Heroes for the Prequel Trilogy Era.

    Padme will probably be the third Republic Hero for the Prequel Trilogy Era for three reasons:

    1. EA/DICE will want to throw in blaster heroes, along with the lightsaber heroes

    2. EA/DICE will want to bring about diversity of characters and include a female for equality

    3. Padme was a major character.

    Therefore, it is looking like three slots have already been filled up for the Republic Heroes for the Prequel Trilogy Era, with those Heroes being Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Padme.

    It remains to be seen if Anakin will be included.

    However, EA/DICE may very well choose to exclude Anakin.

    We'll just have to see.

    All this is based under the assumption that they will follow the "sacred rule of 3" heroes only.

    "There can only be 3: Two males and a female. and one of them must have a blaster"
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!