criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Imperial Shadow Guards

TheStalker88
6084 posts Member
Too iconic, the community is asking, imagine a time when Shadow Guards with force pikes were crushing the Rebels. Red Guard is cool but Shadow Guard even cooler still.

Replies

• Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    Hm, this the guy you were talking about?

3920452-4475089590-Dark_.jpg
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• DarthJ
    6569 posts Member
    The community IS asking for the mysterious and cool guard.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    Seems like they would be like a hero but with half the health tbh, like the royal guards of palpa liznich in BF1
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Gomen
    482 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    How about for heroes like Palpatine and Leia, you could choose which guards spawn in. For Emperor palpatine, you could choose to have the shadow guards instead of the royal guards or you could have the courascant guards. And for Leia, you could have different honor guards as well. Count Dooku could have Magma guards or elite droids you see in the clone wars. And for the Republic, Yoda can have temple guards or personal clone troopers.
    Friend me on PSN. My GT is O_lVl_E_N.
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    Gomen wrote: »
    How about for heroes like Sidious and Leia, you could choose which guards spawn in. For Emperor palpatine, you could choose to have the shadow guards instead of the royal guards or you could have the courascant guards. And for Leia, you could have different honor guards as well

+697 galactic credits for this guy!

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Gomen
    482 posts Member
    DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    How about for heroes like Sidious and Leia, you could choose which guards spawn in. For Emperor palpatine, you could choose to have the shadow guards instead of the royal guards or you could have the courascant guards. And for Leia, you could have different honor guards as well

+697 galactic credits for this guy!

Nice!
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

Yes I forgot that line. Mysterious and cool, the community is asking...
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    How about for heroes like Palpatine and Leia, you could choose which guards spawn in. For Emperor palpatine, you could choose to have the shadow guards instead of the royal guards or you could have the courascant guards. And for Leia, you could have different honor guards as well. Count Dooku could have Magma guards or elite droids you see in the clone wars. And for the Republic, Yoda can have temple guards or personal clone troopers.

Would be cool.
  • Imperial Shadow Guards as special unit maybe.
  • bfloo
    15532 posts Member

Palpatine would only have the Emperor's Guard.

He kept them for appearance.

The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Gomen
    482 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Yeah, but Palpatine is never really in a battlefield in the movies. It could make sense if he had the imperial shadow guard for battle.
  • Laser921
    1987 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I used the shadow guard as the basis of a character, Darth Pravus, in the creating your own battlefront immersion and background story discussion
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Just make them a skin change for the Red Guard with a saber pike instead of a force pike.
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    I just hope in this game there's actualy melee units like Red guards, magnaguards and so on, whether they are special units or bodyguards.
    I don't want them to change them and give them a blaster, that's BORING. Gimme melee units.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Agherosh wrote: »
    I just hope in this game there's actualy melee units like Red guards, magnaguards and so on, whether they are special units or bodyguards.
    I don't want them to change them and give them a blaster, that's BORING. Gimme melee units.

I have no issues with giving them blasters per se.
    But they should also retain their melee abilties as well.

Also even if the Red guards have ranged weapons, the Magnaguards can afford being more lore-accurate.
    Since they are robots they can give them abilities which block blasters (not deflect them) and quickly close the distance between enemis to use their melee attacks.

• Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    Agherosh wrote: »

I have no issues with giving them blasters per se.
    But they should also retain their melee abilties as well.

Also even if the Red guards have ranged weapons, the Magnaguards can afford being more lore-accurate.
    Since they are robots they can give them abilities which block blasters (not deflect them) and quickly close the distance between enemis to use their melee attacks.

Yeah, I guess they could. But I'd actually like to have some melee units, like you say Magnaguards could work like that perfectly, and I'd love to play as one.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Shadow Guards deflecting blaster fire and going melee would make my day.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I'd love to have the shadow guards as heroes as well. Imagine doing the force maelstrom attack where you create a charged field of lightning around you that zaps enemies and then discharges into a great force lightning.
  • Laser921
    1987 posts Member
    Shadow guards currently arent canon I dont think. ..they're awesome, I even based the sith lord of the fanfiction post creating your own battlefront immersion and background story on them but I don't think they'll show :(
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • I know this is irrelevant but I want the ability to go invisible with the shadow troopers in the Multiplayer..I don't understand why they were just a skin in the current Battlefront
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    I know this is irrelevant but I want the ability to go invisible with the shadow troopers in the Multiplayer..I don't understand why they were just a skin in the current Battlefront

That's why I rather get them as a special unit within the resource system instead of a skin, that way it could have abilities like going invisible.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Gomen wrote: »

Yeah, but Palpatine is never really in a battlefield in the movies. It could make sense if he had the imperial shadow guard for battle.

No it wouldn't. He fought rebels with royal guards in lords of the sith.

They should have a blaster and other gadgets as well.
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member

That's fine, all I'm saying is they hace to actually give them their staffs and melee combat.
    Since they said hand to hand combat is being fully redone, they can incorporate staffs and other melee weapons into it.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Gomen wrote: »

No it wouldn't. He fought rebels with royal guards in lords of the sith.

Yes, and he made sure there were no witnesses and he didn't reveal his abilities to the rest of the Imperial forces.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo

That's fine, all I'm saying is they hace to actually give them their staffs and melee combat.
    Since they said hand to hand combat is being fully redone, they can incorporate staffs and other melee weapons into it.

I completely agree.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    The force pikes would be their weapons as they were force sensitive. Not that I wouldn't mind them whipping out their T 21s and heavy blasting things like the red guards. They should use both imo.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    If they were heroes one of their skills would be switching from melee to T21 like Erso does with her firing modes. Then I'd have the force maelstrom as the main heavy hitting skill. It shields while electrocuting at close range and then does a powerful chain lighting attack when shield goes down. As for the third skill, I'd say complete radar stealth and increased movement speed to pair up with the melee mode.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Now that hero count has the potential to be way bigger than in Battlefront15, with the light side heroes surpassing Siths and other dark side villains, Shadow Guards and other force wielders would be necessary to implement. Let's say Kit Fisto, Mace, Quin Jon Jin, Ahsoka make it into the game. Who would balance them out? Ventress, Shadow guards, Inquisitors would have to make an appearance. Who else?
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    DarthJ wrote: »

Yes I forgot that line. Mysterious and cool, the community is asking...

Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Nice. Cargo was like that.