criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why do some people on these forums speculate..

ShowOff
113 posts Member
edited May 2017
That TFA will have "Old Chewbacca?" That sounds ridiculous. He looks the same and for the most part has the same abilities.

AND, if the rumors of us getting skin customizations for heroes in some sort of RNG lootbox/microtansaction type deal then I don't see why this would not include an old version of Han as well.

It seems to me we're just grasping at straws for heroes/villians for ST

Replies

  • I hope to see Old Han , and Maybe even Old Luke
  • ShowOff wrote: »
    That TFA will have "Old Chewbacca?" That sounds ridiculous. He looks the same and for the most part has the same abilities.

    AND, if the rumors of us getting skin customizations for heroes in some sort of RNG lootbox/microtansaction type deal then I don't see why this would not include an old version of Han as well.

    It seems to me we're just grasping at straws for heroes/villians for ST

    Mm maybe because there's only 1 movie in the ST era compared to the full, complete, finished trilogies that are OT/PT.
  • Wouldn't it be old chewbacca throughout all 3 trilogies since he is like 200 years old?
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • Wouldn't it be old chewbacca throughout all 3 trilogies since he is like 200 years old?

    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • ShowOff wrote: »
    That TFA will have "Old Chewbacca?" That sounds ridiculous. He looks the same and for the most part has the same abilities.

    AND, if the rumors of us getting skin customizations for heroes in some sort of RNG lootbox/microtansaction type deal then I don't see why this would not include an old version of Han as well.

    It seems to me we're just grasping at straws for heroes/villians for ST

    Not only is it annoying to see numerous threads saying he same thing over and over, it sets a lot of people up for disappointment, thus a lot of threads crying about why they didn't get Nute Gunray
  • ShowOff wrote: »
    That TFA will have "Old Chewbacca?" That sounds ridiculous. He looks the same and for the most part has the same abilities.

    AND, if the rumors of us getting skin customizations for heroes in some sort of RNG lootbox/microtansaction type deal then I don't see why this would not include an old version of Han as well.

    It seems to me we're just grasping at straws for heroes/villians for ST

    Not only is it annoying to see numerous threads saying the same thing over and over, it sets a lot of people up for disappointment, thus a lot of threads crying about why they didn't get Nute Gunray

    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7339 posts Member
    Young Chewbacca CW, Chewbacca OT, Old Chewbacca ST.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

  • ArchieKE
    242 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I don't think they will waste hero spaces for things like Old Luke and Old Chewbacca. They might just be skins added later. So for example, Luke would take up only one hero space but have multiple skins depending on the trilogy/location. But we will have to wait and see.
  • ArchieKE wrote: »
    I don't think they will waste hero spaces for things like Old Luke and Old Chewbacca. They might just be skins added later. So for example, Luke would take up only one hero space but have multiple skins depending on the trilogy/location. But we will have to wait and see.

    I doubt 50+ year old Luke will move like ESB/ROTJ Luke, that would be the equivalent to making Old Ben a skin for CW Obi Wan lol. Besides I'm sure the new Luke is going to be a complete BA in the force come Ep 8.
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Wouldn't it be old chewbacca throughout all 3 trilogies since he is like 200 years old?

    Yeah he was already 200 by the time of ANH.
  • I want ESB Yoda. No lightsaber. Just a small swamp stick and a whole lot of sass.
  • Laser921
    1782 posts Member
    I want ESB Yoda. No lightsaber. Just a small swamp stick and a whole lot of sass.

    Question. .. would he attack with the stick?
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Laser921 wrote: »
    I want ESB Yoda. No lightsaber. Just a small swamp stick and a whole lot of sass.

    Question. .. would he attack with the stick?

    No his only ability would be lifting X-wings with the force and throwing them at a people.
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    I want ESB Yoda. No lightsaber. Just a small swamp stick and a whole lot of sass.

    With the ability of stealing Luke's dinner?
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    He only uses the stick on R2-D2
  • Laser921
    1782 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    I want ESB Yoda. No lightsaber. Just a small swamp stick and a whole lot of sass.

    With the ability of stealing Luke's dinner?

    Can it be a OHK?
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Ahhtaczy
    67 posts Member
    ShowOff wrote: »
    That TFA will have "Old Chewbacca?" That sounds ridiculous. He looks the same and for the most part has the same abilities.

    AND, if the rumors of us getting skin customizations for heroes in some sort of RNG lootbox/microtansaction type deal then I don't see why this would not include an old version of Han as well.

    It seems to me we're just grasping at straws for heroes/villians for ST

    Not only is it annoying to see numerous threads saying he same thing over and over, it sets a lot of people up for disappointment, thus a lot of threads crying about why they didn't get Nute Gunray

    Its also annoying to see people constantly request Rebels and Clones Wars characters. In a game about the film's main characters.




    Here we go.
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Ahhtaczy wrote: »
    ShowOff wrote: »
    That TFA will have "Old Chewbacca?" That sounds ridiculous. He looks the same and for the most part has the same abilities.

    AND, if the rumors of us getting skin customizations for heroes in some sort of RNG lootbox/microtansaction type deal then I don't see why this would not include an old version of Han as well.

    It seems to me we're just grasping at straws for heroes/villians for ST

    Not only is it annoying to see numerous threads saying he same thing over and over, it sets a lot of people up for disappointment, thus a lot of threads crying about why they didn't get Nute Gunray

    Its also annoying to see people constantly request Rebels and Clones Wars characters. In a game about the film's main characters.




    Here we go.

    Oh yeah because Iden Versio was all over the movies wasn't she.
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    Where dis this thread come from? As of now the st is really lacking in heroes and villains. So the grandpas would need to be in the game if these are enough ep 8 villains to counter them
    Stalemate wrote: »
    Ahhtaczy wrote: »
    ShowOff wrote: »
    That TFA will have "Old Chewbacca?" That sounds ridiculous. He looks the same and for the most part has the same abilities.

    AND, if the rumors of us getting skin customizations for heroes in some sort of RNG lootbox/microtansaction type deal then I don't see why this would not include an old version of Han as well.

    It seems to me we're just grasping at straws for heroes/villians for ST

    Not only is it annoying to see numerous threads saying he same thing over and over, it sets a lot of people up for disappointment, thus a lot of threads crying about why they didn't get Nute Gunray

    Its also annoying to see people constantly request Rebels and Clones Wars characters. In a game about the film's main characters.




    Here we go.

    Oh yeah because Iden Versio was all over the movies wasn't she.

    Oh yea, emperor's sentinel droid was the best part of episode 6...... point 5?
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    Where dis this thread come from? As of now the st is really lacking in heroes and villains. So the grandpas would need to be in the game if these are enough ep 8 villains to counter them
    Stalemate wrote: »
    Ahhtaczy wrote: »
    ShowOff wrote: »
    That TFA will have "Old Chewbacca?" That sounds ridiculous. He looks the same and for the most part has the same abilities.

    AND, if the rumors of us getting skin customizations for heroes in some sort of RNG lootbox/microtansaction type deal then I don't see why this would not include an old version of Han as well.

    It seems to me we're just grasping at straws for heroes/villians for ST

    Not only is it annoying to see numerous threads saying he same thing over and over, it sets a lot of people up for disappointment, thus a lot of threads crying about why they didn't get Nute Gunray

    Its also annoying to see people constantly request Rebels and Clones Wars characters. In a game about the film's main characters.




    Here we go.

    Oh yeah because Iden Versio was all over the movies wasn't she.

    Oh yea, emperor's sentinel droid was the best part of episode 6...... point 5?

    Only in the special special edition
  • meshugene89
    3093 posts Member
    ShowOff wrote: »
    That TFA will have "Old Chewbacca?" That sounds ridiculous. He looks the same and for the most part has the same abilities.

    AND, if the rumors of us getting skin customizations for heroes in some sort of RNG lootbox/microtansaction type deal then I don't see why this would not include an old version of Han as well.

    It seems to me we're just grasping at straws for heroes/villains for ST

    I don't get why though. Yes, 3 heroes/villains per side for the ST may seem small but that's all we have right now. And even if they did add "Old Han" as a skin and allowed Chewbacca to be used in the ST maps, I honestly don't see why it's even necessary for there to be an even amount of villains. Yes, you get more choice with more heroes, but it's not as if they would ever allow the Resistance side to have all their heroes on the battlefield at the same time therefore making it an uneven fight.
    Wouldn't it be old chewbacca throughout all 3 trilogies since he is like 200 years old?

    Well, since Wookies live for more than 400 standard years, he's closer to middle-aged than old.
    Young Chewbacca CW, Chewbacca OT, Old Chewbacca ST.

    Middle-aged Chewbacca CW (182 years old), Middle-aged Chewbacca OT (200 years old), Middle-aged Chewbacca ST (234 years old)
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • ROMG4
    2362 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    Where dis this thread come from? As of now the st is really lacking in heroes and villains. So the grandpas would need to be in the game if these are enough ep 8 villains to counter them

    Indeed the Sequel Trilogy really needs to add up the villains because all we got from TFA is Kylo Ren and The Spinny Stick Trooper FN-2199

    We have to add Hux and Phasma so far out of necessity because there is literally nothing else.
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Regarding speculation. . .

    I myself believe that pretty much anything we can come up with is either in the game already or won't be there at all (at least at launch). I'm fine with speculation because it's fun and gives us a way to pass the time until the next info leak. Take away speculation, and this forum would be pretty much nothing but threads about OP stuff that needs to be removed/nerfed for BF2 and general Star Wars stuff completely unrelated to BF2.
  • Whodunnit
    5549 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Like others said ST currently lacks Hero choices, old Han, old Chewie and old Luke would be nice choices as Heroes there. And we all love them. And they all fit into Hero spots since Han and Chewie really fought in TFA and Luke most likely will in TLJ. And by "old" we are just reffering to their ST versions because yeah it's not much of a difference in case of Chewie.
    Old Han and Luke have to be different Heroes from their younger selves, because they have different movements, voice and maybe even abilities. Chewie can be the same as OT Chewie tho.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • ShowOff wrote: »
    That TFA will have "Old Chewbacca?" That sounds ridiculous. He looks the same and for the most part has the same abilities.

    AND, if the rumors of us getting skin customizations for heroes in some sort of RNG lootbox/microtansaction type deal then I don't see why this would not include an old version of Han as well.

    It seems to me we're just grasping at straws for heroes/villians for ST

    Not only is it annoying to see numerous threads saying the same thing over and over, it sets a lot of people up for disappointment, thus a lot of threads crying about why they didn't get Nute Gunray
    Lol
  • Stalemate wrote: »
    Laser921 wrote: »
    I want ESB Yoda. No lightsaber. Just a small swamp stick and a whole lot of sass.

    Question. .. would he attack with the stick?

    No his only ability would be lifting X-wings with the force and throwing them at a people.

    LOL
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!