criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

If you had to guess, What percentage of players cheat?

Prev1
I'm really curious how people will respond to this question. Based on your experiences playing this game, and the number of cheaters/hackers you have encountered, what percentage of Star Wars BattleFront players would you guess cheat in this game? I know there is no way to prove your answer, but I am just trying to get a gut feeling from people who play this game.

Replies

• bfloo
    14992 posts Member
    Outright hackers I'd think is very low and only on pc.

IIf you count exploits, there are a lot.

The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Well? What is very low? 5%? What is a lot? 40%?
  • Uh..5%?
  • bfloo
    14992 posts Member
    MataSplat wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

Well? What is very low? 5%? What is a lot? 40%?

5ish% sounds about right. I see a lot of complaints about huge killstreaks, but I've managed to put up similar numbers, so it can't be that hard to do.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• A lot less than most players think
  • VSG
    98 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Count in modded controllers on consoles (at least PS4) and I'd say you end up at about 10 % there.
    And yeah, using them is cheating.
  • MC_XIX
    1665 posts Member
    On PS4? 0%
  • What about PC?
  • Personally, In my experiences, 15% of PC players hack and cheat
  • VSG wrote: »
    Count in modded controllers on consoles (at least PS4) and I'd say you end up at about 10 % there.
    And yeah, using them is cheating.

PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I only play on PC, and some of the more obvious cheats (instant kill from across the map, infinite jet packs) have somewhat lessened in the last few months. What I definitely see more of are the cheats that are harder to detect, such as aimbots, instant-headshot, and damage reduction. There was a guy in a WA match last night who I shot three times with the AT-AT cannons and his health barely moved. That wasn't just bacta or Bodyguard or both.

• Clone201
    3697 posts Member
    Personally, In my experiences, 15% of PC players hack and cheat

It is long way over 15% on PC database.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Clone201 wrote: »
    Personally, In my experiences, 15% of PC players hack and cheat

It is long way over 15% on PC database.

Really? What percentage would you put it at?
  • less than 1% like 0.005%
  • Anyone that kills me in any fashion. So 100%
  • It doesn't matter who cheats. The creators of this game are only interested in the massive Peter North-sized chin-**** loads of profit, phuck your playing experience. It's all they know and all they care about. Phuck 'em.
  • Anyone that kills me in any fashion. So 100%

hahahaaaaa
  • MWB33
    1381 posts Member
    To read the threads on the forums you'd think there are only a couple dozen people that don't cheat. Word is that 98% of players aside from the ones posting on here are cheaters.

For consoles, I don't think there are that many. Even if you count glitch exploiting, it's still a minority. Counting glitchers I'd guess less than 10%.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • Does cheating include spawn killing, exploits and modded controllers? If so, 30% on ps4
  • Does cheating include spawn killing, exploits and modded controllers? If so, 30% on ps4

more like less than 1% are cheating. as summer comes in you will not find as many because school will be out.
  • A few percent probably. I just got out of a Heroe Vs Villain match because a player (named BosskBF) one shotted me when I was Vader, he was a soldier. I haven't seen an obvious hack as that for some time though. It's usually a bit of dmg-hack I encounter if I come across a hacker but... when you one shot heroes as soldier... you're not even trying to hide it.

I mean come on?!?!
  • briozzy
    94 posts Member
    I think in the PC space, the cheating element is more than some folks out here want to admit but less than some other people out here want to believe. First, if people weren't doing it, there wouldn't be a market for it, and all you have to do is google "Star Wars Battlefront hacks" and you will find plenty of avenues. The second element is just poor programming and bad game balance. Overall, I'd handicap that about 15% of PC players are cheating, and that is plenty to ruin the game. It only takes one per match to make the experience horrible for everyone.
  • Well for the PC An insane amount of the players are hacking. I watched a YouTube video where a frustrated player wanted to illustrate just how many people are using hacks, in order to do this he installed his own hackThat highlighted everybody on the map And then he started trying to sneak up on people by doing stuff like creeping around the corner To catch the other player who he can see through the wall off guard And I'll be dammed if every single person he tried to sneak up on did not see him through the wall as well-and actually most of them would mirror him moving back-and-forth waiting for him to come around the corner And what made it even more pathetic was how most of them denied it when confronted Saying stuff like I'm not hacking you just suck!It was pretty pathetic !
  • AltoJun
    100 posts Member
    Well for the PC An insane amount of the players are hacking. I watched a YouTube video where a frustrated player wanted to illustrate just how many people are using hacks, in order to do this he installed his own hackThat highlighted everybody on the map And then he started trying to sneak up on people by doing stuff like creeping around the corner To catch the other player who he can see through the wall off guard And I'll be dammed if every single person he tried to sneak up on did not see him through the wall as well-and actually most of them would mirror him moving back-and-forth waiting for him to come around the corner And what made it even more pathetic was how most of them denied it when confronted Saying stuff like I'm not hacking you just suck!It was pretty pathetic !

I would like to watch that video. Do you have the link you can share with us?
  • https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=colton+hack&view=detail&mid=CA84AB42EF7B75125577CA84AB42EF7B75125577&FORM=VIRE

here is what I found other day and I assume at least 1 person in almost every game now is using it to some point as there is 1 person going regularly 60\5 which on a open battlefield game is hard to do, even when using things like bino's and directing team they are almost impossible to kill as they can see everyone coming from way out.
    I haven't played PC shooters for awhile and now wont be again since hacking seems so prolific.
  • Anyone caught cheating should be forced to re-purchase the game
  • Nethurgist wrote: »
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=colton+hack&view=detail&mid=CA84AB42EF7B75125577CA84AB42EF7B75125577&FORM=VIRE

here is what I found other day and I assume at least 1 person in almost every game now is using it to some point as there is 1 person going regularly 60\5 which on a open battlefield game is hard to do, even when using things like bino's and directing team they are almost impossible to kill as they can see everyone coming from way out.
    I haven't played PC shooters for awhile and now wont be again since hacking seems so prolific.

Holy crap. I wonder how prolific that hack is.
  • MataSplat wrote: »
    Anyone caught cheating should be forced to re-purchase the game

to extreme how about everything reset to zero. or just give us everthing for skirmish so we dont have to deal with them.
  • KlownShueS wrote: »

to extreme how about everything reset to zero. or just give us everthing for skirmish so we dont have to deal with them.

Why is that extreme? If you don't want to re-pay, don't hack. In addition, EA should be all over this, as it is an opportunity to make more money.
    KlownShueS wrote: »

Why is that extreme? If you don't want to re-pay, don't hack. In addition, EA should be all over this, as it is an opportunity to make more money.

lol true
  • I have played since launch on both PC and PS4. Before I delve into this subject I want to get this out of the way I am not good at FPS games, but not being good doesn't mean that I do not know what cheating looks like. That is a myth perpetuated by hackers to discredit claims made against them in game of cheating.

It has been my experience that many people cheat at this game, anyone can spot a one shot from across the map with an EE4 as a hack. I submit that there are many more cheaters out there just using ESP, (wall hacks,), dmg increase to like x2 damage to get the kill faster, rate of fire increases to fire faster with weapons like the DL44, T-21B, the DLT19X. These are very subtle and usually difficult to prove hacks.

Ever wonder why that one person always knows where everybody is on the map, always fire first just as you turn the corner, always seems to find everyone that is hidden? Could be wall hacks (ESP) or maybe the person is just that good or always uses scan pulse at the exact right time?
    How about the person that always seems to kill you first no matter if you are using a more powerful weapon they never seem to miss or seem to always do more dmg. DMG increase hack, with a little aimbot thrown in not to do headshots but just so they miss less, also a rate of fire increase hack so they shoot faster, or they could be lvl 3 beserker?

My point being the only way to know someone is not cheating is to be in the room with them while they are playing. No live streams, videos, are not proof. There are hacks out there that are programed to not show up on video. I don't believe these are used by many people, they do however exist. While it is less likely that someone is hacking while recording it is not impossible.

Knowing all this information I put the cheating factor high up to like 50-60% are using a cheat in one form or another.

EA/Dice need to crack down on the cheatings. I am for server admins being on call in game to oversee the games on that server. More severe consequences for those who are caught cheating. Server selection, private servers so a player knows who is on their each server will have its own community. Most crucial is an ignore list that will block anyone on it from being in the same game you are in, so if there is a known hacker that isn't getting caught ppl can just ignore them and don't have to worry about seeing that player again.

It is my hope that in Battlefront 2 that cheating will be dealt with harshly and that a good anti-cheat system, because fairfight just isn't cutting it, will be implemented . Maybe even coupled with a few ideas from the community.
    KlownShueS wrote: »

I am for more extreme anyone caught cheating on any EA game should lose any origin access they have for 1 year. If they are on PS4 or Xbox they should lose their PS4 or xbox sub for a year. Send a message cheating will not be tolerated.
  • AltoJun
    100 posts Member
    Sylar2014 wrote: »
    I have played since launch on both PC and PS4. Before I delve into this subject I want to get this out of the way I am not good at FPS games, but not being good doesn't mean that I do not know what cheating looks like. That is a myth perpetuated by hackers to discredit claims made against them in game of cheating.

It has been my experience that many people cheat at this game, anyone can spot a one shot from across the map with an EE4 as a hack. I submit that there are many more cheaters out there just using ESP, (wall hacks,), dmg increase to like x2 damage to get the kill faster, rate of fire increases to fire faster with weapons like the DL44, T-21B, the DLT19X. These are very subtle and usually difficult to prove hacks.

Ever wonder why that one person always knows where everybody is on the map, always fire first just as you turn the corner, always seems to find everyone that is hidden? Could be wall hacks (ESP) or maybe the person is just that good or always uses scan pulse at the exact right time?
    How about the person that always seems to kill you first no matter if you are using a more powerful weapon they never seem to miss or seem to always do more dmg. DMG increase hack, with a little aimbot thrown in not to do headshots but just so they miss less, also a rate of fire increase hack so they shoot faster, or they could be lvl 3 beserker?

My point being the only way to know someone is not cheating is to be in the room with them while they are playing. No live streams, videos, are not proof. There are hacks out there that are programed to not show up on video. I don't believe these are used by many people, they do however exist. While it is less likely that someone is hacking while recording it is not impossible.

Knowing all this information I put the cheating factor high up to like 50-60% are using a cheat in one form or another.

EA/Dice need to crack down on the cheatings. I am for server admins being on call in game to oversee the games on that server. More severe consequences for those who are caught cheating. Server selection, private servers so a player knows who is on their each server will have its own community. Most crucial is an ignore list that will block anyone on it from being in the same game you are in, so if there is a known hacker that isn't getting caught ppl can just ignore them and don't have to worry about seeing that player again.

It is my hope that in Battlefront 2 that cheating will be dealt with harshly and that a good anti-cheat system, because fairfight just isn't cutting it, will be implemented . Maybe even coupled with a few ideas from the community.

I completely agree. That's it. No one said it better than you. Thank you.
    Let's indeed hope that the devs make a new anti cheat system that works.
  • All percent of me is said to be cheat, as so explicitly pointed out by all the "nice" strangers
    tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif
  • VSG
    98 posts Member
    All percent of me is said to be cheat, as so explicitly pointed out by all the "nice" strangers

I came across a "CesarNotCeasar9" on PS4 the other day, whose E-11 fires more rapidly than a DH-17. So either that player has a frenzy-fast trigger-finger or is using a modded controller.

And modded controllers mean "cheating" because you alter the game mechanics compared to what the developers intended.
  • In one from 3 games I see a cheater, especially at late night.
    EA seems to allow this lately so as a feature I want them to include cheats in game so we can all play with hacks.
    Maybe then, game will be again enjoyable, for all.

How hard is to patch these hacks EA? Dice? You prefer to delete these threads. Search for Colton Hack on Google, you will find in few seconds a cheat updated weekly.
    Not like your game.

But hey, is easier to delete this thread I guess
  • CesarNotCaesar
    2562 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    VSG wrote: »
    All percent of me is said to be cheat, as so explicitly pointed out by all the "nice" strangers

I came across a "CesarNotCeasar9" on PS4 the other day, whose E-11 fires more rapidly than a DH-17. So either that player has a frenzy-fast trigger-finger or is using a modded controller.

And modded controllers mean "cheating" because you alter the game mechanics compared to what the developers intended.

Havent used the e11 since forever, so...no
    Post edited by CesarNotCaesar on
    tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif
  • I am on PS4 and suspect that modded controllers are being used in most games I play in now. There are some very good players about who can score big without cheating but often there are super fast firing cheats.
  • YODA100
    1067 posts Member
    All I know is PS4 has the less with cheaters. Xbox sucks, PC sucks.
  • YODA100
    1067 posts Member
    I'm guessing 0% because no one is playing this joke game made by EA.
  • Clone201
    3697 posts Member
    YODA100 wrote: »
    All I know is PS4 has the less with cheaters. Xbox sucks, PC sucks.

I don't know what you mean, but I play on Xbox One, and there are not any cheaters in there.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • UsedATSTSalesman
    28 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Terrible anti-cheats gets you this:

Aliitle video courtesy of Blinxinator:

[url="http:"]

Every game I enter is like this anymore. GG Dice! Statistics vs. Scanning for cheats? Guess we know how that worked out. PC: 556 (24h peak: 2,640) about says it all.
  • IronSoldier
    3525 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited August 2017
    In regards to the anti cheat. The stat settings for Battlefront are quite lenient which is what causes the issue. Somewhere where they have collected more stats over time to build a norm is BF1 and you'll find cheating there is much harder due to the anti cheat. As well as small number of minor changes there which make it harder. I suspect SWBF2 will be better in terms of anti cheat.
  • Cheating is killing this game actually. I would say that it seems that since June, there is a number of hacking player increase on PC.
    It is just awfull, some time you can have 4+ players with mods.
    I love that game, but EA does'nt accord any more credits to BF SW 1 since there is no more dev on it....

From now, I will wait and see for EA has take action on BFSW 2 (since I don't imagine them solve it for the current one) for cheaters before to buy the game, whatever the (good) quality of it
  • xXBaLLaH_tROLzXx
    4 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    LuckySDM wrote: »
    I am on PS4 and suspect that modded controllers are being used in most games I play in now. There are some very good players about who can score big without cheating but often there are super fast firing cheats.

Bro, it's called being skilled, in a good game I get 50+ kills and like 8 deaths. Is that what you call cheating? ITS JUST CALLED BEING GOOD!
  • This game has a very poor cheat detection system but don't think battlefront 2 will suffer half as much as this game does and the reason I think that is simple... EA DICE will want as many people to buy there creates as possible and a side affect of cheating is earning more score/credits in game so hackers won't need to spend money in game and that just won't be allowed. As to why it is in this game who knows maybe it's because EA have your money from Base game and season pass sales and know this cow is all but dried up.
  • AaronM1978 wrote: »
    Nethurgist wrote: »
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=colton+hack&view=detail&mid=CA84AB42EF7B75125577CA84AB42EF7B75125577&FORM=VIRE

Holy ****. I wonder how prolific that hack is.

I go 60/5 in games, it is called being good. All you have to do is equip bodyguard trait, bacta, personal shield and jump pack. As balaster the EE-3 or EE-4 depending on the map.

I go 60/5 in games, it is called being good. All you have to do is equip bodyguard trait, bacta, personal shield and jump pack. As balaster the EE-3 or EE-4 depending on the map.

Plus, be able to shoot through walls, have no distance limitations on your weapon, always get headshots, ect.

AaronM1978 wrote: »

Oh dear oh dear that load out and you call yourself good??? Super Lol ....run along son and come back when you decide to play without those crutches
  • ROMG4
    2613 posts Member
    Terrible anti-cheats gets you this:

Aliitle video courtesy of Blinxinator:

[url="http:"]

Every game I enter is like this anymore. GG Dice! Statistics vs. Scanning for cheats? Guess we know how that worked out. PC: 556 (24h peak: 2,640) about says it all.
    LuckySDM wrote: »
    I am on PS4 and suspect that modded controllers are being used in most games I play in now. There are some very good players about who can score big without cheating but often there are super fast firing cheats.

Bro, it's called being skilled, in a good game I get 50+ kills and like 8 deaths. Is that what you call cheating? ITS JUST CALLED BEING GOOD!

Oh that name and a Console Noob telling me about good

GET OUT
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1