criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Welcome to the Star Wars Battlefront Forums. To help eliminate spam and fake accounts, you must have a linked EA account and own Star Wars Battlefront I or II to post on the relevant game boards.

Have issues posting, but own the game? Log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

What about dealing with cheating in Star Wars Battlefront

Prev1345
AltoJun
48 posts Member
I am a Star Wars fan and love all games that exist in this realm, including this one. It lacks content and offline modes but still is fun. The issue here, and its and escalating problem, is that people are leaving because of the increasing number of cheaters / hackers in the game, spoiling all the fun. I'm refering to PC game version, where I play.
So, producers, despite you're focused in the new Battlefront II, that I hope it will become an amazing game, you should pay attention to this one too. People paid you money to play and have fun in this game and they're not suceeding, so they're leaving. One of these days, this game will be unplayable because of not enough players, and there is no offline alternative!
What now, producers?
As I see it, we have two options: join the cheating community and cheat or give up. People with good sense and honor are giving up. I am not giving up yet, but I not joining any cheater...

Any time now it's game over...
I would like to know what you, producers, think about this and if you are planning doing something about it.

Replies

• It really is disgraceful how much hacking and cheating takes place in the PC Version of the game. What is more disgraceful is that no one seems to care: not the cheaters, the game creators, or even other players!
  • Celorfiwyn
    16 posts Member
    edited May 25
    Couldn't have implement a basic scan thingy, which would snap out any with non-comformative (sp?) codes they've entered?
    Post edited by ThePoolshark on
  • AltoJun
    48 posts Member
    Will anybody from EA or DICE ever answer to this? They say that they read what it's writen in this forum, but if so when will they give us an answer? It seems like we're talking to a wall...
    I know they now have BFII to put in the market, and from wich they hope to make millions, but I wont participate in that if they do not attend to the claims in this game.

We need answers, somebody who comes forward and say "we are working in an update for the game", for starters. Is that so hard?
  • AltoJun
    48 posts Member
    EA and DICE:
    I find your lack of communication disturbing.
  • Several incidents of it again last night. Once again, the cheating has gotten so blatant, because no one is fearing anr reprecussions from EA/Dice
  • What about Fairfight ban? It seems to be a very basic level of anti-cheat.

Yes cheating is awful and very frustrating, I feel your pain. It's not as bad these days, but still happens in my experience.

I agree they should fix this. They're not new to writing games, so you'd think they would have something more solid in place to prevent cheating.

Given how EA is all about the money, I doubt they're going to implement anything now. They're resources are focused on BF2. Hopefully they'll have better anticheat there.
  • Wow...

A topic with complaints... and it hasn't been deleted yet. I am stunned...

• No problem, no buy from me or my friends for Battlefront 2. Why buy when it's obvious the community is ignored.

All they do is erase threads like this, problem solved.
  • Never understand why people cheat. I wouldnt enjoy the game at all if I had to cheat to get anywhere with it. I win. I lose. I enjoy it either way.
  • AltoJun
    48 posts Member
    Corndog75 wrote: »
    Never understand why people cheat. I wouldnt enjoy the game at all if I had to cheat to get anywhere with it. I win. I lose. I enjoy it either way.

I agree with you, but I dont enjoy loosing for cheaters.

• There was a hacker yesterday. All i did was activating my shield and standing in front of him or constantly trying to block his movement and shooting him. After a while he got annoyed and left :)
  • There was a hacker yesterday. All i did was activating my shield and standing in front of him or constantly trying to block his movement and shooting him. After a while he got annoyed and left :)
  • People cheat because they are not banned or punished.

Ban for 2-3 months or forever the cheater's account with ALL GAMES, you will see how they think twice before using those **** cheats.

Ban forever also brings a new sale for EA/Dice, cause the **** script kiddie will buy game again.

• You should have seen the cheating in this PC Bespin game last night. It was absolutely disgraceful!
  • AltoJun
    48 posts Member
    EA should take measures against those sites publishing hacking and cheating material and shut them down.
    Anyway, I believe those hacks exist because there are flaws in the game that permits that exploitation. Besides the anticheat software that should work better, they should eliminate those flaws in the first place.
  • Anyone caught cheating should have there Lisence revoked, and should be forced to buy the game again.
  • AltoJun
    48 posts Member
    Just a video that proves clearly that FairFight is worthless.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=G4CCTZsvKP0

• AltoJun
    48 posts Member
    I'm a little confused. I know i'm not a good player, but when I'm using a good gun, like CA-87, aim and shoot at the enemy at close range and he suffers but doesnt die, and then he, with an EE-4 and not berserker trait, one shot kills me, I start thinking two things: I'm really bad at this or he is using aimbot or damage hack.
    But I can't be sure, so I dont report him. So what do I do? How can I be sure? This is very annoying.
    Can anyone clear my mind about this?
  • bfloo
    7734 posts Member
    AltoJun wrote: »
    I'm a little confused. I know i'm not a good player, but when I'm using a good gun, like CA-87, aim and shoot at the enemy at close range and he suffers but doesnt die, and then he, with an EE-4 and not berserker trait, one shot kills me, I start thinking two things: I'm really bad at this or he is using aimbot or damage hack.
    But I can't be sure, so I dont report him. So what do I do? How can I be sure? This is very annoying.

Aim for the head with the Ca-87
  • bfloo wrote: »
    AltoJun wrote: »

Aim for the head with the Ca-87

Umm, which gun should you NOT aim for the head?!?!
  • I realize this thread is about pc and I play on PS4 but here's what I've noticed: I think a lot of times it's an issue with their servers/connection speed and their animations. What I thought was another player one shotting me after I've unloaded many shots without damaging them was really due to this lag issue. In reality they had already shot me a few times but the animations didn't register quick enough. There are some games where anyone and everyone kills me with ease and I can't damage them. If I wait around for a few games or quit and join a different game it seems like I have that advantage. I'm sure people cheat. Jump sniping is cheating to me ;) but I get what you're saying about not being sure if someone is blatantly cheating
  • AltoJun
    48 posts Member
    How can I tell if there is lag? The animation seems to run smoothly. When I have a bad connection there is a warning in the up right corner and the animation starts jumping, but in this case there's none of this. So how can we be sure?
  • AltoJun wrote: »

The EE-4 is an overpowered blaster in the right hands. A quick 2 bursts at close range will kill.

Clip below is me getting killed by an EE-4, no cheating involved. Even though I had the drop on him in a split second I was dead.

In this clip my opponent is indeed cheating. The first part of the clip I was at full health plus bacta and we both were using SE-14C blasters. I got in the first shot but he killed me with one blast. Second part he just one-shotted me with an RT97-C.

Keep an eye on your health. There have been times when I got killed and I thought it was cheating but on review my health wasn't maxed out and that's why I died quickly.
  • Once again, the hackers were out for those playing Bepsin on the PC last night. There is no enforcement of the rules, and loyal customers are paying for it.
  • The long distance headshots with the EE3 are the one I'm noticing the most now. The weapon is supposed to be horrible at long range, even if you use focus fire the shots spread out randomly. But There was a guy parked on top of one of the buildings head-shotting with the EE3 (and combat rolling around the domed roof, which is a joke as well)