criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Welcome to the Star Wars Battlefront Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Star Wars Battlefront and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Emotes: Yes or no?

Prev134
Personally, I felt that emotes in Battlefront I was a big waste of button space. No one ever really used them except during the countdown at the beginning of each match. I feel that button space is better off used for gadgets for each soldier class, just like in Battlefield.

What is everyone's thoughts?

Replies

• bfloo
    4739 posts Member
    I like the emotes, keep them
  • YES!

Tusken Raider emote with a B2 Battledroid :love:
    Boba, IG-88, Bossk, Dengar, 4-LOM. Zuckuss <3

Give me my boys!
  • Stalemate
    1292 posts Member
    Emotes are confirmed for BF2.

Personally I don't mind them they're fun to do whilst waiting for the game to start but just hate when people do them after every kill.
  • UNIT0918 wrote: »
    Personally, I felt that emotes in Battlefront I was a big waste of button space. No one ever really used them except during the countdown at the beginning of each match. I feel that button space is better off used for gadgets for each soldier class, just like in Battlefield.

I agree, irritating and waste of button space but they are in the next game.
  • ROMG4
    402 posts Member
    20 people spamming Roger Roger during the opening countdown.

tumblr_mwjfxeFihG1r9ndd2o5_250.gif
    tumblr_n8f2wvwFZ41s6w6foo1_500.gif

OOM-9 For BattleFront 2
  • Laser921
    974 posts Member
    I dunno, some like the come on on can be used in a tactical way. And besides, as long as you're not the **** wjo does it everytime you kill someone, im fine with emote
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Laser921 wrote: »
    I dunno, some like the come on on can be used in a tactical way. And besides, as long as you're not the **** wjo does it everytime you kill someone, im fine with emote

None can be used tactically.
  • Stalemate
    1292 posts Member
    Laser921 wrote: »

None can be used tactically.

Not at the moment but hopefully the emotes will be better in BF2.
  • MC_XIX
    474 posts Member
    edited May 18
    OH YEAH!maxresdefault.jpg
  • Alright!!!
  • Shinjuku
    494 posts Member
    UNIT0918 wrote: »

I agree, irritating and waste of button space but they are in the next game.

I couldn't agree more.
    NxXnuZh.png
    "I'll show them the power of the darkness"
  • Stalemate
    1292 posts Member
    I can't really think of anything else those buttons could be used for.
  • LERXST
    229 posts Member
    Stalemate wrote: »

With the new class system, there's plenty
  • YASSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Laser921
    974 posts Member
    Does no one else like doing a charge? You know, turn around to your fellow soldiers and do the "come on" emote?
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Trooper8059
    8283 posts Member

They could be used for commands. A way to communicate to your team if they choose to throw away voice chat yet again.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    For my ally is The Force, and a powerful ally it is.
    58eeba42a6cf8268045751.gif
  • Stalemate
    1292 posts Member

They could be used for commands. A way to communicate to your team if they choose to throw away voice chat yet again.

Thats a good idea, they should just implement more emotes that are commands.
  • I like the sassy emotes.

* hip pop "Not this time..."
  • As long as they don't add in any ludicrous emotes like Black Ops III did than we should be fine.
  • Stalemate
    1292 posts Member
    Any dabbing and I'm out.

They should an emote where you pull out a fidget spinner and start going nuts with it.
  • bfloo
    4739 posts Member
    Does no one else like doing a charge? You know, turn around to your fellow soldiers and do the "come on" emote?

I rarely see this. On the occasion someone uses it and I follow them, we end up going to stay in a corner.

I tend to ignore them now.
  • Laser921
    974 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

I rarely see this. On the occasion someone uses it and I follow them, we end up going to stay in a corner.

I tend to ignore them now.

That sucks. I usually try it to do a flank attack
  • BucksawBoushh
    482 posts Member
    edited May 18
    I want a thumbs down emote and an emote where they wipe their forhead and say "phewwww!". Second one would be good following a close gun fight.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    4042 posts Member
    hero emotes: maybe.
    infantry: no
    better save these buttons for additional abilities.
  • Laser921
    974 posts Member
    Would kylo's all be him sounding whiny?