criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Emotes: Yes or no?

Prev1
Personally, I felt that emotes in Battlefront I was a big waste of button space. No one ever really used them except during the countdown at the beginning of each match. I feel that button space is better off used for gadgets for each soldier class, just like in Battlefield.

What is everyone's thoughts?

Replies

• bfloo
    10204 posts Member
    I like the emotes, keep them
  • Stalemate
    3571 posts Member
    Emotes are confirmed for BF2.

Personally I don't mind them they're fun to do whilst waiting for the game to start but just hate when people do them after every kill.
  • UNIT0918 wrote: »
    Personally, I felt that emotes in Battlefront I was a big waste of button space. No one ever really used them except during the countdown at the beginning of each match. I feel that button space is better off used for gadgets for each soldier class, just like in Battlefield.

I agree, irritating and waste of button space but they are in the next game.
  • ROMG4
    2049 posts Member
    20 people spamming Roger Roger during the opening countdown.

tumblr_mwjfxeFihG1r9ndd2o5_250.gif
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava

https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First

Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."

The OOM-9 Thread

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Laser921
    1590 posts Member
    I dunno, some like the come on on can be used in a tactical way. And besides, as long as you're not the **** wjo does it everytime you kill someone, im fine with emote
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Laser921 wrote: »
    I dunno, some like the come on on can be used in a tactical way. And besides, as long as you're not the **** wjo does it everytime you kill someone, im fine with emote

None can be used tactically.
  • Stalemate
    3571 posts Member
    Laser921 wrote: »

None can be used tactically.

Not at the moment but hopefully the emotes will be better in BF2.
  • MC_XIX
    745 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    OH YEAH!maxresdefault.jpg
  • Alright!!!
  • Shinjuku
    1723 posts Member
    UNIT0918 wrote: »

I agree, irritating and waste of button space but they are in the next game.

I couldn't agree more.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • Stalemate
    3571 posts Member
    I can't really think of anything else those buttons could be used for.
  • LERXST
    853 posts Member
    Stalemate wrote: »

With the new class system, there's plenty
  • YASSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Laser921
    1590 posts Member
    Does no one else like doing a charge? You know, turn around to your fellow soldiers and do the "come on" emote?
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Trooper8059
    10125 posts Member

They could be used for commands. A way to communicate to your team if they choose to throw away voice chat yet again.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Stalemate
    3571 posts Member

They could be used for commands. A way to communicate to your team if they choose to throw away voice chat yet again.

Thats a good idea, they should just implement more emotes that are commands.
  • I like the sassy emotes.

* hip pop "Not this time..."
  • As long as they don't add in any ludicrous emotes like Black Ops III did than we should be fine.
  • Stalemate
    3571 posts Member
    Any dabbing and I'm out.

They should an emote where you pull out a fidget spinner and start going nuts with it.
  • bfloo
    10204 posts Member
    Does no one else like doing a charge? You know, turn around to your fellow soldiers and do the "come on" emote?

I rarely see this. On the occasion someone uses it and I follow them, we end up going to stay in a corner.

I tend to ignore them now.
  • Laser921
    1590 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

I rarely see this. On the occasion someone uses it and I follow them, we end up going to stay in a corner.

I tend to ignore them now.

That sucks. I usually try it to do a flank attack
  • BucksawBoushh
    1617 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I want a thumbs down emote and an emote where they wipe their forhead and say "phewwww!". Second one would be good following a close gun fight.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7201 posts Member
    hero emotes: maybe.
    infantry: no
    better save these buttons for additional abilities.
  • Laser921
    1590 posts Member
    Would kylo's all be him sounding whiny?
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7201 posts Member

Without his helmet.
  • Laser921 wrote: »

Yes! A Kylo "SPAZ" emote would be amazing. Love it.
  • bfloo
    10204 posts Member

Yes! A Kylo "SPAZ" emote would be amazing. Love it.

An emote where we could have him attack computer banks on the map could be fun.
  • WearYourHelmets
    3172 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I want a thumbs down emote

Thumbs down emote is a must, better than laugh or anything of the sort
    and emoting while jumppacking
  • bfloo
    10204 posts Member

Plus emoting as you fall off a ledge or cliff.
    I fall off the walkways in the Death Star a lot
  • bfloo wrote: »

Plus emoting as you fall off a ledge or cliff.
    I fall off the walkways in the Death Star a lot
    yes, would definitely increase my immersion ten fold :weary:
  • Gomen
    482 posts Member
    I think emotes are good. The buttons are covered fine
    Friend me on PSN. My GT is O_lVl_E_N.
  • I want to be able to emote while being shot. Without the animation stopping or having to be in the safety of a shield :D
  • Alex64
    3665 posts Member
    We need "Rebel Scum" emote
  • Keeps the Kiddies occupied
  • Scout1998
    642 posts Member
    Emotes are fine.
  • Trooper8059
    10125 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    One of the only emotes i'd be fine with:
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • UNIT0918
    18 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Battlefield does it perfectly. Gadgets and powers can be moved to directional buttons, while a spotting feature, and/or orders and requests, and grenades can be on L1 and R1/LB and RB.
  • I agree. I would prefer if they did away with emotes in Star Wars: Battlefront and came up with a more practical use for those buttons... in the original games the D-Pad was used for squad commands in single-player. Would be nice to have that return in EA's Battlefront for the campaign and Skirmish/Instant Action.

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • KlownShueS
    1252 posts Member
    no emotes.
  • Alex64
    3665 posts Member
    No emotes, realism! Skills! Woooh!
  • Well, we already got that "free emote" for Battlefront II. So they're happening.
  • Beaver
    1734 posts Member
    I agree. I would prefer if they did away with emotes in Star Wars: Battlefront and came up with a more practical use for those buttons... in the original games the D-Pad was used for squad commands in single-player. Would be nice to have that return in EA's Battlefront for the campaign and Skirmish/Instant Action.

Not that I care that much about emotes, but what about us guys who get up at 4:00 am, work are buts off and can afford to play the game on a high end PC? Just cut content out because you console players are worried about button assignments? How about we keep the emotes, and you upgrade to a real gaming rig?
  • LERXST
    853 posts Member
    Well, we already got that "free emote" for Battlefront II. So they're happening.

Lol
  • Limit the emotes to one and use the other three D-pad buttons for something actually useful.
  • Beaver wrote: »
    I agree. I would prefer if they did away with emotes in Star Wars: Battlefront and came up with a more practical use for those buttons... in the original games the D-Pad was used for squad commands in single-player. Would be nice to have that return in EA's Battlefront for the campaign and Skirmish/Instant Action.

Not that I care that much about emotes, but what about us guys who get up at 4:00 am, work are buts off and can afford to play the game on a high end PC? Just cut content out because you console players are worried about button assignments? How about we keep the emotes, and you upgrade to a real gaming rig?

Oh you PC Master Race people are adorable. How are the hackers treating you ;). I'll stick with my PS4 thank you very much, and then spend my extra money on other things I love. Although as a prior PC gamer, I'll admit, I do miss the robust modding community sometimes.
  • UNIT0918
    18 posts Member
    Beaver wrote: »

Who's saying consoles can't also customize their controller layout? Not all, but many games allow full controller customization. Still, you gave an idea. For those who want emotes, they can have that as a controller option, while others can have a more tactical option like Battlefield's controller scheme.
  • UNIT0918 wrote: »

i like them, but i agree with you. what would replace the buttons used for emotes in BFr 2?

the current controls are shoulders do specials triggers control ADS and primary attacking, face buttons are : use, jump, 3rd special, and crouch, analogs control head and body movement, clicking analogs are sprint and melee, and then the d-pad is 3 emotes and a POV toggle.

you couldnt put a grenade on the d-pad without it feeling clunky so grenades would have to be on a shoulder button. same with jet packs. personally pressing both shoulder buttons at the same time feels extremely clunky. i recommend moving the special to the Y button or to a D-pad button. POV could still be on the D-pad as well.

emotes could be on the d-pad and instead of being a single emote per button it'd be a single button that you hold and then select the emote from an emote wheel with the right analog stick. or it could be on Y and you'd hold Y and move the left analog stick. either way works for me.

without knowing what BFr 2's plans are for the token system removal and how those items are to be encompassed into the actual gameplay i have no way to predict what buttons should go where.

the simplest way to do it in my opinion though would be to go with something that looks like this using an xbox one controller as an example :

RB - explosive (select a grenade or other explosive)
    LB - evasive maneuver (jetpacks and dodge rolls)
    RT - Fire weapon
    LT - ADS
    A - Jump/Clamber
    B - Crouch/Prone
    X - Interact, Reload(cool),
    Y - Abilities and shields
    L - Emote Wheel
    U - Activate Hero mode/Vehicles
    R -
    D - POV toggle
    LS - body movement
    L3 - sprint
    RS - head movement
    R3 - melee
    View - scoreboard(hold down button)/ map (tap button)
    Menu - options

right Dpad could be a new feature such as a comm wheel like in BF, a rally point marker which could be used in tandem with the map as well, or it could even be a way to call in supplies. point is that there arent enough actions currently to cover the controller.

and if vehicles are like BF1 where they can just be spawned into then that might also mean that d-pad up wont need a function either or will need a new function depending on how you look at things.

whatever the case those are my thoughts. feel free to reply with suggestions.
  • Limit the emotes to one and use the other three D-pad buttons for something actually useful.

Reasonable compromise. Keep 1 for emotes.
  • SAmulticore
    3312 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    "It's a trap!" would enhance my enjoyment of BF2 by approximately 30 Brannvalls, so yes.
  • Elusive_DJ
    2863 posts Member
    Dabbing emote.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: lID E F A L TIl⦘~ "This path is long and dark, but the future is looking bright at least." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/