criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Your reaction to each era being 1/3 of the first Battlefront

TheStalker88
6084 posts Member
edited May 2017
So we get the next game and then realize that the total amount of maps is the same as in previous Battlefront and each era is 1/3 of the total amount of maps. Oh and you can only play on maps made for each era. Also each era would have 6 heroes for a total of 18. How would you react to such news?

I would be upset.

Replies

• Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    It'd be like history repeating itself.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    This would be my biggest fear apart from constantly new bugs and nerfing.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    tenor.gif
    ^^^^^^
  • That's not true!

That's impossible!!!!!
  • It'd be like history repeating itself.

This would be how I'd shriek as well.
  • edf.jpg
    _______
  • This would be me.

giphy.gif?response_id=5923a50ed9066d3e552c3429
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • The initial reaction:
    giphy.gif
    After a few days:
    23416.gif
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • I can only imagine the reaction such a development would get on Metacritic...
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I would be mad that I fell for the hype again and also just disappointed but not surprised
    giphy.gif
  • 3 eras, 4 iconic maps each, the immersion....
  • mastery0ta
    6029 posts Member
    OP, you may have predicted the truth. We all seem to be expecting an awful lot. Which is fine, but I know I expected a lot of the first game. And we all know how that turned out.
  • Gomen
    482 posts Member
    They will have 12 planets which is 3x as much and I am fine with 18 heroes
    Friend me on PSN. My GT is O_lVl_E_N.
  • Gomen wrote: »

LMAO you take things too literally.
  • bfloo
    14747 posts Member
    The explosion on the forums would make blowing up Alderran feel like a hug.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Whodunnit
    5553 posts Member
    I don't think that would be the 3x content they talked about.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • TK_4328
    72 posts Member
    Can't say I'll be surprised and call me a pessimist, but this is all I can expect out of EA. I always viewed the "3x more content" as just being put out there to generate hype.
    giphy.gif

• Ahhtaczy
    67 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Please change the title, it is very misleading. "What would your reaction be to 1/3 the content in each era?"
    Almost died, because many people assume things even though we know nothing about the game.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Because developing maps in Battlefront takes quite some time, the amount of maps we will get will probably be the same or abit more. Development time of both has been pretty much the same, no? 1.5 years? Then each era would take 1/3 of the maps and make them exclusive only to those eras. That's what I think is very likely to happen.
  • Gomen
    482 posts Member
    Gomen wrote: »

LMAO you take things too literally.

I am sorry, I didn't understand the joke. It sure looked serious considering all of the people that want 24+ heroes and "nothing less is acceptable"
    Friend me on PSN. My GT is O_lVl_E_N.
  • Don't tell me I can't haz moar clone warz!!
  • I bet the devs know the loadout of maps per era by now. And yet silence....as usual.
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    Yeah, I could see the (3X the Content) meaning 18 heroes and 12 planets at launch for EA's Battlefront 2, in comparison to the 6 heroes and 4 planets at launch for EA's Battlefront 1.

Hoping that that isn't the case, but, I guess it could be entirely possible.
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    Jarrad wrote: »
    Yeah, I could see the (3X the Content) meaning 18 heroes and 12 planets at launch for EA's Battlefront 2, in comparison to the 6 heroes and 4 planets at launch for EA's Battlefront 1.

If some people actually tried reading... They said "More than 3x content", plus it's not a thing to take literally, it's a way to talk about the game, marketing.
    "3 eras instead of 1", "3 studios instead of one", taking things so literally is bad, people need to stop asuming it meant 3x heroes, 3x maps, 3x times vehicles, and so on.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    Agherosh wrote: »
    Jarrad wrote: »

If some people actually tried reading... They said "More than 3x content", plus it's not a thing to take literally, it's a way to talk about the game, marketing.
    "3 eras instead of 1", "3 studios instead of one", taking things so literally is bad, people need to stop asuming it meant 3x heroes, 3x maps, 3x times vehicles, and so on.

I did indeed read what they said.

I'm just trying to temper expectations and not get overly hyped.

Best frame of mind is to be optimistic, but realistic.

Being pessimistic will just make you miserable and being idealistic can set yourself up for disappointment.

Anything is possible and I patiently await to see what will come to pass for EA's Battlefront 2.
  • Pratore
    653 posts Member
    You pretty much predicted exactly how the game will most likely turn out. Except for 6 heroes and Villains each era it will only be four. Stop putting your expectations so high, did you learn anything from the first game? Keep your expectations and hype low so that you wont be dissapointed as much for when the game finally releases. I also hope they dont mix maps with different eras. I dont want to see droids on Hoth...
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Being cautiously pessimistic is way better being optimistic.
  • mastery0ta
    6029 posts Member
    Indeed. Everyone needs to remember its still EA. They haven't had a change of heart since the first game.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    Being cautiously pessimistic is way better being optimistic.

Companies just seem to make it easier year after year.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Also Mass Effect Andromeda spoke volumes as to how amazing games can be when they have many unique glitches. EA, continues to deliver it's finest...

But let's hope the next Battlefront is as glitch free as Battlefield 1. It can happen people. I know it can.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    Also Mass Effect Andromeda spoke volumes as to how amazing games can be when they have many unique glitches. EA, continues to deliver it's finest...

But let's hope the next Battlefront is as glitch free as Battlefield 1. It can happen people. I know it can.

If this game has a Mass Effect-style hype then disappointment then Ima cry
  • This would be fine by me. 18 heroes and Villains would be fine, 12 maps (4 each era) would be ok by me. The only grip I had with the first one was that it was only OT, and it had no ST PT content in it (Jakku doesn't count).
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    As long as more heroes are added later on via micro transactions, I'm ok with 6 heroes per era. I also hope they add a map every month but this didn't go too well last time so maybe not. If they add previous Battlefront dlc maps into OT as a bonus though, I'd be very happy. At least dlc 1 2 and 3 infantry ones.
  • I'm going to enjoy this game regardless. I still like and play the Battlefront 2015 on the daily.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    It does have the potential to be better. Even if a little is good, content wise.
  • ExoSchmo
    742 posts Member
    I'm going to enjoy this game regardless. I still like and play the Battlefront 2015 on the daily.

Same! It's really the only game I actually play.... If it wasn't Star Wars, I wouldn't play it. I'm going to love the next BF no matter what
  • They would experience the full power of the dark side if that happens
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    It'll be a mixed reaction. People will always demand more content no matter what. But in reality, they can't add much more than in the previous game. Reality really sucks.