criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Everything sand

How much is too much, sand maps wise? Name the only sand maps you would tolerate. Mos Eisley, Jabbas Palace and maybe Jakku badlands.

Replies

• Frix
    626 posts Member
    Those are good they cover the three basics urban, indoor, and open area.
  • It's coarse, rough, irritating and gets everywhere. NERF SAND!!
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    It's coarse, rough, irritating and gets everywhere. NERF SAND!!

Most touching and powerful line in cinema history. Just too coarse...
  • mastery0ta
    6071 posts Member
    What about scariff? It has Sandy beaches and beautiful palm trees. Honestly like the only planet like it in all the films
  • BucksawBoushh
    4734 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Tatooine (includes Mos Eisley and Jabba's Palace maps)
    Jakku
    Jedha
    Scarif

PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Oh my the title xD
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    The sand maps look very good in the frostebite engine that's why we got so many in BF (2015). In my opinion the focus should be in BF all different kinds of planets and not only snow and desert.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• I would like too see more natural foresty maps such as felucia, and some urban maps(jedha, coruscant, bespin and vardos). I want to see star destroyer interior maps or maps alike. Ringo vinda and any kind of space shipyard would be also cool. Ringo vinda could act as a operation metro map from battlefield series.
  • Forest areas are a pain to make but I agree. More forest and other landscapes.
  • yeah i really like the urban maps

and it always freaked my out how real the snow looks on hoth
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Twilight on hoth, one of the coolest maps imo. Looks very realistic.

Coruscant, now that would be one awesome map to have. Senate interior too.
  • ROMG4
    2464 posts Member
    The jokes possible with Anakin's hatred of sand and this image

latest?cb=20150108113914
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • It's Sandakin, Annie's best friend.
  • DXlolman
    632 posts Member
    For a planet that appeared in 4/7 movies so far tatooine is never too much. I would like to see a dune sea map like in the first pandemic's battlefront.
    What does DX in my name stand for?
  • MWB33
    1381 posts Member
    DXlolman wrote: »
    For a planet that appeared in 4/7 movies so far tatooine is never too much. I would like to see a dune sea map like in the first pandemic's battlefront.

Actually 5/7. I, II, III, IV, & VI. I'm fine with it being in the next game, but would like a new location such as in Mos Eisley.

Otherwise I'm down with NERF SAND!
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Yeah, sand should only be in OT, maybe in ST and that's it. PT should have urban and lush planets like Coruscant, Naboo. Otherwise the game will be too sandy.
  • Mos Eisley of course, I would like to see a map in rocky canyons much like that coop map in battlefront 2015.
    If they have to add Jakku I would like if they added the downed star destroyer as part of the playable area.
    Jabbas plalace is a must they need to add the rancor though.
  • True dat.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    That's why I think geonosis will be left out of the base game.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »

Unlike Tatooine and Jakku, Geonosis actually has different colored sand not to mention more defining geographical features. You can't leave out the site of the first battle of the Clone Wars.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Geonosis + Hoth biggest eyesores in star wars
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Geonosis kind of looked a like rust sand type of planet. An eyesore indeed. If they add Geonosis then only the coliseum and thats it.
  • I told him that the block was hotter than Jerusalem sand...

giphy.gif

Never too much sand. It's gorgeous. It's soothing. More sand. More Clone Wars. More...
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Geonosis + Hoth biggest eyesores in star wars

How are they eyesores
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    EvazanJr wrote: »

I certainly hope not.

If anything, Geonosis is the planet that should be in EA's Battlefront 2 Prequel Trilogy Era.

It's where the Clone Wars started for goodness sake!

I can't fathom Geonosis being left out, it's too important of a location in the Prequel Trilogy Era.
  • Did order 66 touch Geonosis?
  • bfloo
    14785 posts Member
    Did order 66 touch Geonosis?

No Geonosis = no Clone Wars = no Order 66
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Did order 66 touch Geonosis?

No Geonosis = no Clone Wars = no Order 66

No Order 66 = Higher chance of Death Star construction over Geonosis being discovered.

The circle is now complete.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    And yet Geonosis still really bugs me. Must be because it's a buggy planet.
  • MWB33
    1381 posts Member
    edited May 2017

The devs are probably hesitant to put that planet in simply because they'd have to intentionally fill it with bugs. That goes against their programming.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • Yeah plus animating bugs gets buggy.
  • mastery0ta
    6071 posts Member
    Lol ah this forum is swell. Seriously though, geonosis hopefully is in game
  • MWB33
    1381 posts Member
    Yeah plus animating bugs gets buggy.

Exactly...the slightest thing is improperly programmed and we'd have bugception.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I would like a WA type battle on Geonsis with clone army clashing with the fedaration, like in AOTC. There were many many cool vehicles in that battle that would be awesome to use.
  • MWB33
    1381 posts Member
    I would like a WA type battle on Geonsis with clone army clashing with the fedaration, like in AOTC. There were many many cool vehicles in that battle that would be awesome to use.

I would like that as well. More options is good.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member

PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    MWB33 wrote: »

I doubt they would add all those vehicles just for one planet and one battle. This is where CW content could be used to add variety to such mode. Wishful thinking...
  • MWB33
    1381 posts Member
    MWB33 wrote: »

I doubt they would add all those vehicles just for one planet and one battle. This is where CW content could be used to add variety to such mode. Wishful thinking...

Agreed. I'm quite intrigued by what vehicles will be added for the new eras. Not as much for the fighters, but for the ground based ones.
  • I would live a full blown large scale CW type battlefield. All those crazy machines, are you kidding?
  • MWB33
    1381 posts Member
    I would live a full blown large scale CW type battlefield. All those crazy machines, are you kidding?

As would I. It would be fantastic to have the variety of droid and republic ground vehicles. Hopefully AT-PTs will be there. I'd like to run around in one of those getting tramples, similar to how I'm looking forward to Taun-tauns.
  • 2000sGuy
    5854 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Sandy Jakku :weary: :triumph:
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    I hope we get nothing but sand and snow maps :love:
  • MWB33
    1381 posts Member
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    I hope we get nothing but sand and snow maps :love:

I'd be fine with all snow maps.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Geonosis will most likely be skipped because bugs won't be animated imo. Without bugs the battle between Separatists and clone army won't be complete since bugs were a part of it if I remember correctly so no battle and no Geonosis?

Well they could add Dooku's tower...
  • MWB33
    1381 posts Member
    Geonosis will most likely be skipped because bugs won't be animated imo. Without bugs the battle between Separatists and clone army won't be complete since bugs were a part of it if I remember correctly so no battle and no Geonosis?

Or they go the cheap route and stick them in the background on top of ridges like the Tusken Raiders on Jawa Refuge & Raider Camp.
  • 2000sGuy
    5854 posts Member

Why do you keep assuming stuff wont be added on the basis of "hard to animate"?
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • ROMG4
    2464 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »

Why do you keep assuming stuff wont be added on the basis of "hard to animate"?

Honestly it's kinda starting to sound like an insult to the Developers now, lol
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Bugs would be hard to animate and who would want to play as them? Maybe have ai bugs around but still, animating them would be a chore. Their numbers would also have to be convincing and that will slow the game down. Nah forget about having bugs in the battle and I honestly don't think we're getting the battle on geonosis at all. Machines and vehicles are too complex to create for it as well.
  • bfloo
    14785 posts Member
    The old Battlefront2 had Geonosians, there is no reason this one can not.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    This scares me. I don't want to play as a giant bug. I'd rather be a droid or a gungan.