criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Star Wars themed Destiny?

Warrior
297 posts Member
Hey guys. I know that this isn't how it's going to be, but would you guys buy the game if it game was basically Destiny, but Star Wars, or are you hoping for something different? What people seem to be hoping for is a Star Wars themed Battlefield/Destiny. What are you hoping for?
I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.

Replies

• bfloo
    14398 posts Member
    I'd rather have a Star Wars based GTA
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Warrior
    297 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

definitely! I would really want to buy that!
    I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.
  • ExoSchmo
    742 posts Member

That would be awesome. You'd be like a bounty hunter being chased by stormtroopers
  • rollind24
    5176 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Starwars themed Overwatch :)
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Warrior
    297 posts Member
    I'd really love if it had melee combat that was almost like Mirrors Edge. It is the same studio. Not like jumping around on walls, but something realistic.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member

Haha, yes or the game concept from 1313^^
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    He|| no
  • Warrior
    297 posts Member
    Landeaux wrote: »
    He|| no

What it that you want? Is there a game you wish it was like?
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    Warrior wrote: »
    He|| no

Mmmm I think that every game needs its unique personality but I think that Destiny requires too much of a constant grind
  • Warrior
    297 posts Member
    He|| no

Mmmm I think that every game needs its unique personality but I think that Destiny requires too much of a constant grind

Yea, I don't want it to be too much like Destiny, but I like the amount of content it has.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    I wouldn't mind another KOTR style game where you create a character, learn the force, and choose the light or dark side
  • Warrior
    297 posts Member
    I wouldn't mind another KOTR style game where you create a character, learn the force, and choose the light or dark side

That would be great. I wish that KOTR 3 had better Graphics though. The difference in GFX between it and Battlefront 1 are surprising.
  • Morrigan
    88 posts Member
    Yes I'd love a star wars themed destiny. All those strikes and raids with a Star Wars skin would be good fun
  • I would rather have a star wars galaxies remake. Had so much fun on that game.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Warrior
    297 posts Member
    I think what we want is the original Battlefront 2, with better GFX. Is there anything already confirmed that you wish that you could change?
  • Trooper8059
    10198 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    He|| no

Yea, I don't want it to be too much like Destiny, but I like the amount of content it has.

It took way too much money to get there though. Some people had to pay $200+ for all the content there right now, excluding the microtransactions.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    Yes, I'd love for the EA Battlefront Franchise to be more like Destiny.

That'd be because Destiny's Crucible Multiplayer Maps aren't segregated into DLC Multiplayer Playlists, like with EA's Battlefront 1.

And, also, Bungie is still giving out new content, like weapons, armor, armor shader/color, ships, sparrows, etc., while EA's Battlefront 1 stopped giving out content the first week of December.

Moreover, Bungie continuously updates their player base/community with Weekly News Articles, while you hear from EA/DICE about once every few months, if that.

Finally, Bungie is still providing Multiplayer Events, to keep players invested, while EA/DICE have done nothing of that sort and I had trouble finding a match on both the Death Star and Rogue One last night on a PS4 on a North American Server.
  • Warrior
    297 posts Member
    He|| no

It took way too much money to get there though. Some people had to pay $200+ for all the content there right now, excluding the microtransactions.

true, but even the base game of Destiny has far more than double the content then BFnt 1
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    Star Wars GTA would be cool.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Tyjames
    807 posts Member
    Jarrad wrote: »
    Finally, Bungie is still providing Multiplayer Events, to keep players invested, while EA/DICE have done nothing of that sort and I had trouble finding a match on both the Death Star and Rogue One last night on a PS4 on a North American Server.

Ive also run into issues with bespin dlc. Eastern North American server.
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    yeah one like destiny and skyrim. the destiny part being the different races but more and the different classes. (smuggler, force sensitive, trooper, bounty hunter) but still able to kill randoms and citizens that affects ur place in the force, light or dark
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member
    keep an eye on the games visceral and respawn are working on.
  • Warrior
    297 posts Member
    Tyjames wrote: »

Ive also run into issues with bespin dlc. Eastern North American server.

since BFnt is almost completely online, it's mostly useless now.
    kylenpain wrote: »
    yeah one like destiny and skyrim. the destiny part being the different races but more and the different classes. (smuggler, force sensitive, trooper, bounty hunter) but still able to kill randoms and citizens that affects ur place in the force, light or dark
    not enough games have it that you can kill random citizens. It annoyed me when I'd go up to somebody in Mirrors Edge Catalyst and unleash my amazing punching skill, they'd just look at me.

• I planned on playing battlefront 1 until 2 comes out but it's so hard to find a game now, when i do find a game half the time the lag is awful, and on the rare occasion i do get a good connection, the game is filled with bactabodyguardjumpsnipers.

i still play a little bit and enjoy it when i get some good games in but lately i've started playing rocket league a lot more lol.

but I don't want it to just become another game with a star wars skin. it's funny that these threads keep popping up here because before bfrnt 1 game out everybody on reddit and messageboards was praying that it wasn't going to be a battlefield reskin and now everyone on here is always saying they wish it was just a battlefield (or apparently destiny) reskin.

and star wars gta wouldn't even make any sense.
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member

Are you sure? Star Wars has a huge criminal underworld, just looking at Coruscant, the lower levels are filled with crime, gangs, Blackmarket...The game 1313 was going to be focused on that as a Bounty Hunter.
    There's pirates all over the Galaxy, The Hutt Cartel... and so on.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Warrior
    297 posts Member
    I planned on playing battlefront 1 until 2 comes out but it's so hard to find a game now, when i do find a game half the time the lag is awful, and on the rare occasion i do get a good connection, the game is filled with bactabodyguardjumpsnipers.

i still play a little bit and enjoy it when i get some good games in but lately i've started playing rocket league a lot more lol.

but I don't want it to just become another game with a star wars skin. it's funny that these threads keep popping up here because before bfrnt 1 game out everybody on reddit and messageboards was praying that it wasn't going to be a battlefield reskin and now everyone on here is always saying they wish it was just a battlefield (or apparently destiny) reskin.

I think that they didn't know what they were saying when they said that they didn't want a reskin. I for sure want Battlefield reskin.
    Agherosh wrote: »

Are you sure? Star Wars has a huge criminal underworld, just looking at Coruscant, the lower levels are filled with crime, gangs, Blackmarket...The game 1313 was going to be focused on that as a Bounty Hunter.
    There's pirates all over the Galaxy, The Hutt Cartel... and so on.

^this
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    I planned on playing battlefront 1 until 2 comes out but it's so hard to find a game now, when i do find a game half the time the lag is awful, and on the rare occasion i do get a good connection, the game is filled with bactabodyguardjumpsnipers.

Oh yeah.

Forgot to mention the lag too, which Destiny rarely, if ever, has.

And that's for reasons like that, (having trouble finding games, the lag, the bactabodyguardjumpsnipers, etc.), that made me play Destiny almost exclusively lately.

Though I did pop back in to say hello the other day after quite a while and played a little bit more.

• Warrior
    297 posts Member

Oh yeah.

And that's for reasons like that, (having trouble finding games, the lag, the bactabodyguardjumpsnipers, etc.), that made me play Destiny almost exclusively lately.

Though I did pop back in to say hello the other day after quite a while and played a little bit more.

I guess we should just buy Destiny 2 instead. :'(
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    @Agherosh

I really would love for Star Wars 1313 to comeback someday.
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    @Warrior

Destiny 2 is looking quite good, I must say!

Even Dennis thinks so, lol.

• Morrigan
    88 posts Member

Oh yeah.

@Warrior

30fps for console
    giphy.gif

They betrayed the player base that built them up
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    Morrigan wrote: »

Oh yeah.

@Warrior

30fps for console
    giphy.gif

That's basically every game. Almost none of them are 1080 at 60FPS.
  • Landeaux wrote: »

Oh yeah.

@Warrior

30fps for console
    giphy.gif

That's basically every game. Almost none of them are 1080 at 60FPS.
    Sure
  • Warrior
    297 posts Member

Oh yeah.

@Warrior

30fps for console
    giphy.gif

I feel great whenever I get to 30 FPS. Most of the time in BFnt 1 I was like 15 FPS. My computer isn't very powerful.
  • Morrigan
    88 posts Member

Oh yeah.

@Warrior

30fps for console
    giphy.gif

I feel great whenever I get to 30 FPS. Most of the time in BFnt 1 I was like 15 FPS. My computer isn't very powerful.

You should really look into that, there's no way I could do 15fps.
    I'm praying for you friendo
  • Warrior
    297 posts Member

Oh yeah.

@Warrior

30fps for console
    giphy.gif

You should really look into that, there's no way I could do 15fps.
    I'm praying for you friendo

Thanks. I like my computer. It was only $500, but It has 2 Gb of dedicated Vram, and an A8. Not great, but good for the price. I have a PS4 though, so I game on it a lot.