criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Young Kenobi vs Old Ben

Prev1
Which one would be better and why?

Replies

• Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    Old Ben. Wiser and relied more on the force and outsmarting his opponent to win
  • Yeah Old Ben was wise almost like Yoda. Way more badass.
  • ExoSchmo
    742 posts Member
    Definitely younger. He could actually do things and was considered one of the best Jedi to ever be apart of the order. And he's just cool
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Well he was cool, skilled and charismatic but I don't know. I'm more curious as to what Old Ben is like and how his strength and experience with the force would have grown.
  • Alex64
    7657 posts Member
    Both.
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    More likely to get prequel kenobi
    giphy.gif
  • Young because Ewan ;)
    giphy.gif
  • Whodunnit
    5560 posts Member
    What do you mean better? Which should we get? Both, but the young one first. Which is a stronger character/Jedi? The old obviously. Which would be a more interesting character to use? The old one again.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Whodunnit
    5560 posts Member
    Roelovsky wrote: »
    Young because Ewan ;)

That gif again..
    sherlock.gif

sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Whodunnit wrote: »
    Young because Ewan ;)

That gif again..

Its from a tv commercial that showed all the movies, you might find it with reverse image search ;) I forgot the channel.
    giphy.gif
  • Whodunnit
    5560 posts Member
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Young because Ewan ;)

That gif again..

Its from a tv commercial that showed all the movies, you might find it with reverse image search ;) I forgot the channel.

starwars-celebration-luke-kiss.gif
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Of course, General Obi-Wan Kenobi.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• bfloo
    15714 posts Member
    Young Ben, old Ben's powers were weak.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• If Obi-Wan Kenobi is not one of the main heroes at launch then riot.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Whodunnit
    5560 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

oldbensmile.gif?w=625
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Landeaux wrote: »
    Old Ben. Wiser and relied more on the force and outsmarting his opponent to win

• TMachine97
    1022 posts Member
    Old Ben would be too OP. Took down Maul in two seconds.

• ROMG4
    2893 posts Member
    Prequel Obi-Wan

Only a adapt at High Ground
    Can lose

OT Obi-Wan
    Master at High Ground
    So masterful at the High Ground that even if you beat him he still wins
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Darth_Dooku
    62 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Preferably id like to see both tho

But if i had to choose only one , id choose the crazy old hermit all day
    bfloo wrote: »

oldbensmile.gif?w=625

• TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    TMachine97 wrote: »
    Old Ben would be too OP. Took down Maul in two seconds.

Well that was a bit unrealisitc but Maul just underestimated him and thought he was exiled, weak and demoralized.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Why not have both via alternate skins? Given the choice I'd opt for old ben just for nostalgia, but having a young ben for the prequel era is more likely.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Both would be nice if no cross era matches.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Young Obi all dayy
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Old Ben would say better lines.
  • Laser921
    2070 posts Member
    Why not both? Young for republic hero and old for rebels
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    It all depends how they do HvV and whether or not it'll be an a mashup of all eras.
  • If we can't have both then Young Kenobi is my preference.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    If they put ROTS Obi Wan in and he kills Vader then says, "you were my brother, Anakin. I loved you.", then Ima cry :'(
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member
    You cant have the pt without Obiwan
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • General Kenobi as a Support Jedi hero, Old-Ben as a Stealth Jedi hero.

There ya go, two unique playstyles for the same wisecracking wise man.
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!
  • mastery0ta
    6270 posts Member
    Yeah I'm kinda torn on this. Kept thinking we'd get old Ben in the first game, but much more "iconic" characters made the cut. So I'm hoping he makes it into this game, young or old.
  • Both. Maximize our options. Give us fans a different iteration of Obi-Wan for a different era. There is really no competent reason to be restrictive on content and then force the fans into an either/or discussion. If there is a legitimate reason (legal or otherwise) to not include Old Ben, then inform the fans ultimately. Otherwise, dear DICE, just be over-inclusive!
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    General Kenobi as a Support Jedi hero, Old-Ben as a Stealth Jedi hero.

General Kenobi would not be a support hero. He can fight for his own for example he fought Maul, Grievious and Anakin without help. Shaak Ti would be a support Jedi due to her connection to the clones and their training on Kamino.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    You cant have the pt without Obiwan

PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • General Kenobi as a Support Jedi hero, Old-Ben as a Stealth Jedi hero.

General Kenobi would not be a support hero. He can fight for his own for example he fought Maul, Grievious and Anakin without help. Shaak Ti would be a support Jedi due to her connection to the clones and their training on Kamino.

I didn't mean that he should be a sole support hero like Leia. I meant a hero who can buff nearby allies AND can kick some Clanker ***** in the process. His lightsaber style is based around defense, so why not let him give armour to Clones like Krennic does?
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    General Kenobi as a Support Jedi hero, Old-Ben as a Stealth Jedi hero.

I didn't mean that he should be a sole support hero like Leia. I meant a hero who can buff nearby allies AND can kick some Clanker **** in the process. His lightsaber style is based around defense, so why not let him give armour to Clones like Krennic does?

As long as it isn't as garbage as Krennic's trait stats lol
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    So let's say they do an all eras HvV, should they allow 2 Kenobis on the same team or Anakin vs Vader?
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    So let's say they do an all eras HvV, should they allow 2 Kenobis on the same team or Anakin vs Vader?

Yes, Ben Kenobi and Obi-Wan Kenobi can be in one team, also Anakin vs Vader should be possible.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Not sure how I'd feel about this. I'm more against it then for but if the devs do it, so be it. Grey out one hero if the other is chosen first would be how I'd do it.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member

Please no.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Still something tells me Old Ben and Anakin will be ditched over Vader and young Kenobi. EA will go the path of least resistance. EAsy way. I bet money this will happen just watch.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    Still something tells me Old Ben and Anakin will be ditched over Vader and young Kenobi. EA will go the path of least resistance. EAsy way. I bet money this will happen just watch.

June 10
  • Anyone has a time machine?
  • Still something tells me Old Ben and Anakin will be ditched over Vader and young Kenobi. EA will go the path of least resistance. EAsy way. I bet money this will happen just watch.

I could see Old Ben being left out, but not Anakin.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Alex64
    7657 posts Member

You forgot to add Ben and Ani ghosts.

3 Ben at the same time FTW!
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Actually what the heck, that would be pretty sick. Add Yoda and Quin gon Ginn ghosts in as well.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    Anyone has a time machine?

I can take you back to 2009.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Nice. I like electronic music. House, trance, techno, good dnb, dubstep, deep house, all ftw.
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Young because Ewan ;)

That gif again..

starwars-celebration-luke-kiss.gif

Found it ;)
    giphy.gif