criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Gas?

Warrior
297 posts Member
So, in BFnt 1, there were gas bombs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't stormtroopers have a filtration system in their masks? If so, then I think that there shouldn't be gas bombs in BFnt 2. It always looked odd to see a group of ST choking on gas.
I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.

Replies

• ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    Warrior wrote: »
    So, in BFnt 1, there were gas bombs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't stormtroopers have a filtration system in their masks? If so, then I think that there shouldn't be gas bombs in BFnt 2. It always looked odd to see a group of ST choking on gas.

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Warrior
    297 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    ROMG4 wrote: »

LSHIDMTAMSFO
    I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Finn says in TFA that their helmets filter out smoke, not toxins.
  • Warrior
    297 posts Member
    Stalemate wrote: »

thx, but I thought I remembered hearing that on Sullust the helmets filtered out the gas in the air. Also, I would expect the TFA stormtroopers to be a lot different that OT.
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    The Magma troopers on sullust filter out ash/smoke from the lava there. Dioxis works on OT Stormtroopers on the current game.
  • Warrior
    297 posts Member
    The Magma troopers on sullust filter out ash/smoke from the lava there. Dioxis works on OT Stormtroopers on the current game.

ok. I wonder if they'll create a movie about the creators of the stormtrooper armor. They got fired for forgetting to install a poison filtration system, and are now heroes of the rebellion.
  • Trooper8059
    10198 posts Member
    Their helmets can connect to a filtration system, but there is no built in system.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Warrior
    297 posts Member
    Their helmets can connect to a filtration system, but there is no built in system.

in BFnt 2 it should be something you can install in your helmet. It could cost a huge amount, and take up a lot of carry space.
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member

in BFnt 2 it should be something you can install in your helmet. It could cost a huge amount, and take up a lot of carry space.

That's something they may introduce as a counter to Dioxis. Good idea.
  • Warrior
    297 posts Member

That's something they may introduce as a counter to Dioxis. Good idea.

thx, it would be interesting if you could install one counter card in each load out, such as thick armor (for explosives)
  • Warrior wrote: »

I wonder, if we were to buy a filtration system for our helmets or a gas mask of some sorts, would it give a consequence, like weight or something? Plus, Republic (and possibly Imperial) Commandos and their helmets can filter out gas and space air and other hazardous stuff for twenty minutes. That's pretty helpful.
  • Warrior
    297 posts Member

I wonder, if we were to buy a filtration system for our helmets or a gas mask of some sorts, would it give a consequence, like weight or something? Plus, Republic (and possibly Imperial) Commandos and their helmets can filter out gas and space air and other hazardous stuff for twenty minutes. That's pretty helpful.

or it could take less of a penalty, but you could use it only one life per game.
  • Warrior wrote: »

It could replace any other gadget you had.
    You would have the coice between a secondary weapon,grenade, other gadget or the filtration system.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member

IKR. Seems like he asked that question just for someone to correct him.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member

I think a filtration system would be cool but their isn't really much to filter out. Only dioxis in the current game so they would have to add more things like a toxic planet.
    Surviving in space is about pressurization (clones and stormtroopers have this) as well as an air tank not about filtration
  • I wonder if this should work out like the gas mask in Battlefield 1. I like it, but the only penalty is ADS. This shouldn't be available in a Star Wars game, because whether you have a filter on a helmet or a mask that doesn't cover all of the face, the user aims down the sights. Am I wrong?