criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Okay, Im gonna plead for this one last time...

Massman98
299 posts Member
Anybody else feel like the devs should add 5 AI pilots per team in large 40 player ground battles to make everything seem larger, like in this livestream, Im hoping to see 5 AI vulture droids and 5 AI republic pilots in the sky taking each other out, lightly strafing, and dog fighting human pilots

It would be a great and simple addition since AI pilots are already in the first game. So anytime the game seems a little underwhelming, these pilots could add some excitment and spectacle to the battlefield
giphy.gif

Replies

• Warrior
    298 posts Member
    I think they should definitely add this!
    I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.
  • Massman98
    299 posts Member
    Warrior wrote: »
    I think they should definitely add this!

Thanks! I mean just thinking about this addition gets me excited! and make sure the star fighters really howl when they fly by
    giphy.gif
  • This would be great!
    "Army or not. You must realize, you are doomed." ~General Grievous
    giphy.gif
  • I'd be down, and I bet most of the anti bot folks would be too, as it is AI soldiers that most of them don't want to see.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • MWB33
    1385 posts Member
    I'd be okay with this, if by lightly strafing you mean virtually none. The current game has way too much of it, and I'd personally like less of it next game.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • Massman98
    299 posts Member
    I'd be down, and I bet most of the anti bot folks would be too, as it is AI soldiers that most of them don't want to see.

Thats exactly why I thought pilots would work haha, because a lot of people don't want AI troops
    MWB33 wrote: »
    I'd be okay with this, if by lightly strafing you mean virtually none. The current game has way too much of it, and I'd personally like less of it next game.

Yeah I was not a fan of how focused and underwhelming the strafing was in skirmish mode in BF1. I want these AI to have less focused strafing and more spread out fire on an entire street (not inherently killing any soldiers, but have them come down lower, into view of the soldiers to make every screenshot of these multiplayer battles epic!
    giphy.gif
  • EA pls do this, because no one isn't really going to fly starfigthers and this would add so much for the emptiness on the skies
  • Massman98
    299 posts Member
    EA pls do this, because no one isn't really going to fly starfigthers and this would add so much for the emptiness on the skies

Seriously, especially with this "resource system" where you can buy heroes or vehicles, makes me feel like we might be seeing one or two fighters in the sky at any given time, It will be important for the success of the game that players don't feel like they are in a limited game, when they are supposed to feel like they're in a war, with starfighters flying around chaotically crashing around the ground around them, It needs to be saturated
    giphy.gif
  • LERXST
    853 posts Member
    I like this idea
  • bfloo
    15009 posts Member
    While I like the idea, if they actually kill anyone, people will complain like they did about the ai AT-AT killing them.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Massman98
    299 posts Member
    LERXST wrote: »
    I like this idea

Thanks! I hope this idea gets more support so its taken seriously by the devs
    bfloo wrote: »
    While I like the idea, if they actually kill anyone, people will complain like they did about the ai AT-AT killing them.

Yeah I can see that happening, but I wouldnt mind being killed on a very limited occasion by them, to be able to shoot them down from the ground, dogfight with them, and see them blasting about in the sky, benefits definitely outweigh the cost, by a lot
    giphy.gif