criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Battlefront II Livestream: EA Play - June 10th

Prev1
themancharlie25
629 posts Member
edited June 2017
Feel free to put in anything you want/would like to see during the livestream at EA Play.

4 heroes will be shown. Special characters apparently are a thing too. https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/assault-on-theed-gameplay-reveal-livestream
PSN - themancharlie25
Phase II is the best! #CommanderFoxDidTheRightThing
This sector is clear. NOT CLEAR. NOT CLEAR.

Replies

• The answer to every one of our questions so the bickering can end.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif

That'd be nice
    PSN - themancharlie25

Q: "Why is Rey in a Clone Wars battle?"

A: "Rey is the greatest thing to ever happen to Star Wars. She will be in every map and mode. Even modes that don't normally have heroes will have Rey. Sequel Trilogy battles will have two Reys on the field at all times."
    Sarcasm
  • Feel free to put in anything you want/would like to see during the livestream at EA Play.

4 heroes will be shown. Special characters apparently are a thing too. https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/assault-on-theed-gameplay-reveal-livestream

Great, so now we'll have Kylo fighting with the Separatists.
    5a44135dead9ad7e629948d6554ce684.gif
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Feel free to put in anything you want/would like to see during the livestream at EA Play.

Only for marketing purposes.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif

Could this forum stop complaining for just a little and just wait until Saturday. I mean seriously! I can't believe this one thing will just rip this community apart.
  • Who do you guys think are the other two heroes? I think Darth Vader and Luke, to show off the OT and have all eras in one game. Also the special characters, I think those will be Droidekas for CIS and Commando Clones for Republic.
    Droids are friends not clankers
    jUX2YXO.gif
  • Although i hope the two other heroes are Obi-wan and Jango fett. Maybe Me(Yoda)???
    Droids are friends not clankers
    jUX2YXO.gif

Although i hope the two other heroes are Obi-wan and Jango fett. Maybe Me(Yoda)???

I'm betting on Jango as the 2nd villain, and not even because we've seen his ship in concept art, but because of how easy it would be for DICE to make him and have him ready to show by this point. Literally all they'd have to do is reskin Boba and bring Tamuera Morrison back to voice him, who already voiced Boba for BF1. Really, the only tricky part would be his unique pistols.

Could this forum stop complaining for just a little and just wait until Saturday. I mean seriously! I can't believe this one thing will just rip this community apart.

The forum has survived worse and has kept trucking along.
    giphy.gif

• Who do you guys think are the other two heroes? I think Darth Vader and Luke, to show off the OT and have all eras in one game. Also the special characters, I think those will be Droidekas for CIS and Commando Clones for Republic.

I may be wrong about this idea, but this is what I am hoping. I would like it to be where we have heroes, special characters, and then troops. Heroes will be awesome like they are in Battlefront I (maybe even better), special characters will be like elite units from Battlefield I, and then troopers will be troopers. With the new resource system, you can choose to be a hero or a special character. I think that would open up a lot of options for content. Having characters that weren't so much heroes in the movies, cartoons, extended, but still important characters.

Only for marketing purposes.

We can but hope.
    Feel free to put in anything you want/would like to see during the livestream at EA Play.

Could this forum stop complaining for just a little and just wait until Saturday? I mean seriously! I can't believe this one thing will just rip this community apart.

Why?
    If it's announced as being a feature that will be part of the finished game then these complaints won't stop, so it just means that people are getting their complaints in early.
    If it's announced as being just for the demo, then the people that actually want it will start complaining because they're showing something that won't be in the finished game.
    Either way, there will be complaints. It's just that, as of right now, it appears that this game will feature something that is on a similar, if not more, divisive level to helmetless Stormtroopers. If this turns out not to be the case, then the question will be, "why did they allow such mis-information"? If heroes aren't going to cross-over in big modes in the final game and this is just for demo/marketing purposes, then they should have thought about bringing 2 demos (1 PT & 1 ST) to avoid such confusion.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts

Although i hope the two other heroes are Obi-wan and Jango fett. Maybe Me(Yoda)???

I'm betting on Jango as the 2nd villain, and not even because we've seen his ship in concept art, but because of how easy it would be for DICE to make him and have him ready to show by this point. Literally all they'd have to do is reskin Boba and bring Tamuera Morrison back to voice him, who already voiced Boba for BF1. Really, the only tricky part would be his unique pistols.

^
    PSN - themancharlie25

Hopefully cross-era won't be in the launch game.
    PSN - themancharlie25

• Oh my god, these guys are so annoying. It pains me to think I have to listen them in order to hear information about this game.
    My Concepts
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    Give Kylo flame troopers as bodyguards
  • What? You don't like the Battlefield Friends? Those dudes are great.
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • LERXST
    853 posts Member
    We need squid and weezy
  • LERXST wrote: »
    We need squid and weezy

what is that
  • LERXST
    853 posts Member
    LERXST wrote: »
    We need squid and weezy

what is that

They're youtubers
  • I can finally say that I am going to be on that livestream.

giphy.gif
    "Army or not. You must realize, you are doomed." ~General Grievous
    giphy.gif
  • LERXST
    853 posts Member
    I can finally say that I am going to be on that livestream.

Will you be actually playing along with them or?

yea, i will be playing. i think they are doing webcams, too
  • LERXST
    853 posts Member

yea, i will be playing. i think they are doing webcams, too

Awesome dude! That's gonna be a cool experience for sure

Sweeeeet!
    PSN - themancharlie25

• Although i hope the two other heroes are Obi-wan and Jango fett. Maybe Me(Yoda)???

Probably Jango and Obi-Wan with his TPM skin.
    PSN - themancharlie25

• LERXST
    853 posts Member
    So @ThePoolshark , after you return from EA play, you've gotta just make a thread about all the details so we don't have everyone racing to get it in lol. You'll literally be the only one here to have first hand experience
    So @ThePoolshark , after you return from EA play, you've gotta just make a thread about all the details so we don't have everyone racing to get it in lol. You'll literally be the only one here to have first hand experience

There will probably be some others who get hands on during the 3 days of EA Play
  • LERXST
    853 posts Member

There will probably be some others who get hands on during the 3 days of EA Play

Well true, but you know it's gonna result in multiple threads
  • Pratore
    653 posts Member
    edited June 2017

Oh my god, these guys are so annoying. It pains me to think I have to listen them in order to hear information about this game.

Agreed, they're putting their voices on but it sounds so obnoxious and not a slight bit of funny

Like @StarWarsHQ_Ryan.
    My Concepts

Like @StarWarsHQ_Ryan.

Yea, he is one. The people I know for sure in the live stream are Star Wars HQ, BattlefrontUpdates, Darkness429, Jackfrags, Xfactor, and myself. There are more, but I am not 100% on the names. Also, expect videos from all of us describing our thoughts, I brought my recording setup to kick out a video same day.
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member

Like @StarWarsHQ_Ryan.

Yea, he is one. The people I know for sure in the live stream are Star Wars HQ, BattlefrontUpdates, Darkness429, Jackfrags, Xfactor, and myself. There are more, but I am not 100% on the names. Also, expect videos from all of us describing our thoughts, I brought my recording setup to kick out a video same day.

What is your Youtube account?
  • LERXST
    853 posts Member

Like @StarWarsHQ_Ryan.

Sweet

Like @StarWarsHQ_Ryan.

I'm probably gonna be watching Elliot and EA's streams.
    PSN - themancharlie25

• Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    I hope the entire steam is available to watch afterwards, doubt I will be able to watch it live.
  • Stalemate wrote: »

Like @StarWarsHQ_Ryan.

http://youtube.com/user/thepoolshark19

Like @StarWarsHQ_Ryan.

elliot wont be streaming, so you will have to watch EA's to watch the game
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Thanks I will subscribe.

Like @StarWarsHQ_Ryan.

Like @StarWarsHQ_Ryan.

He won't? He said he will.
    PSN - themancharlie25

• Blazur
    4468 posts Member

Have fun dude, I'm sure it'll be an awesome experience. Will check out your YT channel following the event.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Pratore
    653 posts Member
    Stalemate wrote: »

Like @StarWarsHQ_Ryan.

Like @StarWarsHQ_Ryan.

he will be streaming on his phone every once and a while he said, not streaming the game though
  • Pratore wrote: »

Like @StarWarsHQ_Ryan.

Like @StarWarsHQ_Ryan.

he will be streaming on his phone every once and a while he said, not streaming the game though

yea, he is going to do some vlog type livestreams. we will all be under nda and streaming gameplay is covered as something we can't do
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Pratore wrote: »

Like @StarWarsHQ_Ryan.

Like @StarWarsHQ_Ryan.

yea, he is going to do some vlog type livestreams. we will all be under nda and streaming gameplay is covered as something we can't do

Thats interesting to know thanks, I assume the full stream will be put on EA's youtube or something afterwards.
  • I would assume that, or a VOD on Twitch, or both
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Cheers, I'll probably watch elliots and the Star Wars HQ summary videos too.
  • Pratore wrote: »

Like @StarWarsHQ_Ryan.

Like @StarWarsHQ_Ryan.

I knew that. Thought I heard him saying he'd try to record gameplay.
    PSN - themancharlie25

lol, don't say that on reddit, they are currently on a hate elliot and swhq right now

lol, don't say that on reddit, they are currently on a hate elliot and swhq right now

Why?
    PSN - themancharlie25