criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

[Suggestion] Give heroes team voice chat

Blazur
4461 posts Member
Here's a random suggestion I just thought of. What if players on your team who unlock a hero are also given the ability to chat with their team via voice? This could give your team the added bonus of being able to coordinate globally, and also give players the chance to role play if they wanted.

It could lead to some epic trolling, but of course they could consider giving players the option to suppress it altogether.

Thoughts?
The greatest teacher, failure is.

Replies

  • WarfareKiller41
    6233 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Teams should be able to chat in general, but most of the time I mute my team because I usually hear kids (I'm talking like 4 or around that) or people turning on loud music in other games :|. Hopefully Battlefront 2 will be better, if it has team chat that is.
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • I've always wondered what was going through the head of the mentally-disabled person taking Bossk to the back of the map to shoot at aircraft with his Relby. Now I'll know.
  • I've always wondered what was going through the head of the mentally-disabled person taking Bossk to the back of the map to shoot at aircraft with his Relby. Now I'll know.
    :D
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    In-game voice chat should be readily available for everyone.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • Blazur
    4461 posts Member
    Shinjuku wrote: »
    In-game voice chat should be readily available for everyone.

    Not entirely sure I'd be keen to opening the game up to 20+ simultaneous voices. That's why I figured it'd be neat to have heroes operate as temporary team commanders to help coordinate everybody.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Blazur wrote: »
    Shinjuku wrote: »
    In-game voice chat should be readily available for everyone.

    Not entirely sure I'd be keen to opening the game up to 20+ simultaneous voices. That's why I figured it'd be neat to have heroes operate as temporary team commanders to help coordinate everybody.
    That's an interesting idea, but it's highly unlikely.
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    Blazur wrote: »
    Shinjuku wrote: »
    In-game voice chat should be readily available for everyone.

    Not entirely sure I'd be keen to opening the game up to 20+ simultaneous voices. That's why I figured it'd be neat to have heroes operate as temporary team commanders to help coordinate everybody.

    That's understandable, if only they had sqauds and followed Battlefield's approach. I hear we won't have partner spawn or sqauds but something completely different so however they go about this I hope in-game voice chat is a part of it. So let's see what they come up with and take it from there.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I've always wondered what was going through the head of the mentally-disabled person taking Bossk to the back of the map to shoot at aircraft with his Relby. Now I'll know.

    :D And also the person who plays as Luke and goes straight to the enemy spawn to get killed by an at-st
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    It would certainly help out alot in Heroes vs Villains.
  • Blazur
    4461 posts Member
    Stalemate wrote: »
    It would certainly help out alot in Heroes vs Villains.

    Yes, that too! Of all the modes that require communication I think this one could use it due to the lower player count.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Blazur wrote: »
    Stalemate wrote: »
    It would certainly help out alot in Heroes vs Villains.

    Yes, that too! Of all the modes that require communication I think this one could use it due to the lower player count.

    It's especially important when someone picks a hero with a healing ability. (Leia or Palps.)
  • Blazur wrote: »
    Shinjuku wrote: »
    In-game voice chat should be readily available for everyone.

    Not entirely sure I'd be keen to opening the game up to 20+ simultaneous voices. That's why I figured it'd be neat to have heroes operate as temporary team commanders to help coordinate everybody.

    Only 20 on the same team. Not everyone would use it and you can turn it off.
  • Shinjuku wrote: »
    In-game voice chat should be readily available for everyone.

    I agree completely. I know squads aren't in this game, but something like the squad only voice chat from Battlefield would be cool. That way you don't have to hear the entire team, but only those you'll be working with immediately. Since we don't know what they're introducing instead of squads though it's all just hopes and dreams right now... maybe tomorrow we'll know.

  • Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Shinjuku wrote: »
    In-game voice chat should be readily available for everyone.

    I agree completely. I know squads aren't in this game, but something like the squad only voice chat from Battlefield would be cool. That way you don't have to hear the entire team, but only those you'll be working with immediately. Since we don't know what they're introducing instead of squads though it's all just hopes and dreams right now... maybe tomorrow we'll know.

    My beratna :mrgreen: -daps- where you been playa?? Yeah totally that makes sense. Also fingers crossed that whatever that they decide to introduce works out. If it doesn't I think I'll keel over and die. I just literally had a thought while I was typing this out, what if in-game voice chat is limited in terms of whoever is in your vicinity or really close by can hear you and if your other teammates happen to be further out they won't be able to hear you and vice versa. Just a random thought really!
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!