criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Would you prefer Heroes locked to their eras?

Prev13
There's the question. Discuss...

Replies

• Yes ! they definitely should!
  • svensteen wrote: »
    Yes ! they definitely should!

• Jaden_Korrr
    431 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Yep,they should.
  • Yup, definitely.
  • It'd be my preference....but hey, I guess 'fun' wins out?

Although the argument that 'more hero choices within a gamemode=more fun" doesn't exactly hold a lot of water. Anybody remember the poo storm that arose from DICE adding more heroes to Extraction? People ran from the mode in droves.
  • Yes but not during heroes vs villains
  • bfloo
    14398 posts Member
    For the main modes yes.

Hero modes and an infantry mode or 2 with it are fine.

If they give us custom games, let people mix and match whatever they want.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    For the main modes yes.

Hero modes and an infantry mode or 2 with it are fine.

If they give us custom games, let people mix and match whatever they want.

PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Of course.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Yes, please lock heroes to their specific eras.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    It'd be my preference....but hey, I guess 'fun' wins out?

Although the argument that 'more hero choices within a gamemode=more fun" doesn't exactly hold a lot of water. Anybody remember the poo storm that arose from DICE adding more heroes to Extraction? People ran from the mode in droves.

What!? You don't want to see Rey with the clone troopers on kamino?
  • bigjay
    787 posts Member
    I don't know how the hero balance in the game is going to work so .... Undecided till further notice.
    PSN : BIG_JAY_ALLDAY it should have been this way day 1
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    I don't really care. People will whine either way
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    Yee.... but have a few modes that'll support it
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Yee.... but have a few modes that'll support it

• Gomen
    482 posts Member
    yep, for the main modes
    Friend me on PSN. My GT is O_lVl_E_N.
  • For big modes yes, but I'm down with cross era Hero modes.
  • For big modes yes, but I'm down with cross era Hero modes.

I think they've confirmed at least one cross era hero mode, but yeah for big modes the heroes should be era locked.
    DpqWtVr.gif
  • Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    Cross-Era sounds really fun and I would like it to happen.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • I like realistic games, so yes but I wouldnt be that fussed if they werent
  • yes and no

yes for big modes like the battle of theed gameplay we saw

but for smaller modes or custom games, let people play what they want

2aHWXlI.gif
  • Nope, not at all
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    Yes, I want Heroes to be locked to their respective Trilogy Era, in regards to general Multiplayer Modes that have Heroes within them, but aren't specifically Heroes v. Villains Only Modes

I only want Cross-Mixing for Hero v. Villain Only Modes

• Both, yes and no.

Yes, because it would ruin the immersion of actually playing in the battle of certain scenes from the Star Wars movies.

No, from a gameplay point of view. It actually also depends on how many heroes and villains from each era there are.

Dennis said that there will be more than two heroes and villains playable in Galactic Assault during any match. Honestly, I would prefer two categories for cross-era play or no cross-era play.
  • Yes but not during heroes vs villains

^Exactly this.
  • TheNextTron
    472 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    We have plenty of "authentic" star wars games that are so specific to each era. We need a crazy sandbox game that has whatever you want to throw together (within reason). Also immersion is overrated. Fun trumps cannon any day
  • Hrafn_Fel
    778 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Yes heros need to be in correct eras.

Wouldnt mind in a hero vs villains mode
  • Hrafn_Fel wrote: »
    Yes heros need to be in correct eras.

Wouldnt mind in a hero vs villains mode

This one.
  • We have plenty of "authentic" star wars games that are so specific to each era. We need a crazy sandbox game that has whatever you want to throw together (within reason). Also immersion is overrated. Fun trumps cannon any day

Look at what you put in parentheses: the most important part of this entire debate.

What would YOU define as 'within reason'? 'Cause 'crazy sandbox' is pretty wide open.

• bigjay wrote: »
    I don't know how the hero balance in the game is going to work so .... Undecided till further notice.

Not about balance. Its about authenticity and feeling wrong.
  • We have plenty of "authentic" star wars games that are so specific to each era. We need a crazy sandbox game that has whatever you want to throw together (within reason). Also immersion is overrated. Fun trumps cannon any day

Taking heroes out of their era stops it being fun.

Custom games and hero modes. That is it.
  • KLATZ55
    125 posts Member
    Only for HvV or hero blast.
  • SunBurN
    24 posts Member
    They have already mentioned that the heroes would be locked to their specific eras but that they have cross era modes too which is what you saw in the EA Play stream of game play this past weekend.
  • Alex64
    5796 posts Member
    If you are going to talk about "Authenticity" leave out Darth Maul, clones and everyone else.

Your "immersion" concept is silly, and my answer is NEVER!
  • svensteen wrote: »
    Yes ! they definitely should!

• SunBurN wrote: »
    They have already mentioned that the heroes would be locked to their specific eras but that they have cross era modes too which is what you saw in the EA Play stream of game play this past weekend.

It's apparently in a 'decision hasn't been made which/how many modes yet' kinda stage.
  • For the Assault mode, and all the larger game modes, yes.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    If you are going to talk about "Authenticity" leave out Darth Maul, clones and everyone else.

Right.. Because the prequels aren't authentic star wars? Give it a rest.
  • Alex64
    5796 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »

Yah! and Club Sandwich Darth Maul arrive at the nick of time to kill clones While MCPalp Battle Rap with Snoop Vader.

Where's the Authenticity?
  • 1977EmperorSkywalker
    406 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Yes 100000%. If the soldiers of the Empire can't fight against the Republic than why should heroes be allowed to cross eras? I think you should ONLY be allowed to play cross era gameplay in skirmish and private matches... AND OF COURSE cross ear hero gameplay should be also allowed in a all out heroes vs villains game mode on multiplayer.
  • Nope not at all. I wanna play as the Emperor on Starkiller base or as Darth Vader on Naboo. Bring it!
  • VoodooKing wrote: »
    Nope not at all. I wanna play as the Emperor on Starkiller base or as Darth Vader on Naboo. Bring it!
    You could probably do that in hero modes like HvV.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Era locked heroes in large modes would be my preference as well. As usual, way more people want heroes only in their own eras, hero modes excluded.

Watching the stream that Dennis did with Battlefront updates makes me think we will see era mixing with heroes though. He mentions how we will be seeing more than two heroes per side in the matches. At this point I honestly doubt we are going to get enough heroes at launch to support that without era mixing. This is especially true of the Sequel Trilogy era. With the announcement that Finn and Phasma are going to be DLC and not in the base game, I suspect that Rey and Kylo will be the only Sequel heroes at launch.

#JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Alex64 wrote: »

Yah! and Club Sandwich Darth Maul arrive at the nick of time to kill clones While MCPalp Battle Rap with Snoop Vader.

What are you talking about.
  • Paul131
    982 posts Member
    Specific gamemodes of course.
    When I see somebody posting another useless theard
    tumblr_mqtcovhc8q1srwn65o9_250.gif

• Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    I agree with the majority, only certain hero based game modes should have cross/era heroes. The rest should be locked down.

No more Rey on Naboo.

No more Boba Fett killing clones. (Basically killing himself like WTF)
  • Alex64
    5796 posts Member

What are you talking about.

Now you understand how i feel when someone ask to lock content
  • Stalemate wrote: »
    I agree with the majority, only certain hero based game modes should have cross/era heroes. The rest should be locked down.

No more Rey on Naboo.

No more Boba Fett killing clones. (Basically killing himself like ****)

Well, I agree with you about the cross era thing, but Boba killing "himself" isn't really a valid argument... since Jango will be doing that even without cross era.
    O1N7XfL.gif
  • Stalemate wrote: »

No more Rey on Naboo.

No more Boba Fett killing clones. (Basically killing himself like ****)
    And Boba has compassion for clones, as you can see in The Clone Wars.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif