criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Would you prefer Heroes locked to their eras?

Replies

• no. i have no interest in prequel at all but i wouldnt mind darth maul et al being available regardless of era/map. thats pretty much it really. i have no idea why when i have no interest in playing/shooting droids, and will quit any forced playlist (should there be one) when that era comes up, but i wont mind seeing any hero/villain from any era when i play. assuming i buy the game.
    invalid brain token
  • Yes, is so weird to see Rey and Han, togheter with clones.
  • Nope. Still very early so opinions can change, but new era may start with only Rey and Kylo for heroes and I do not want them to be the only choice of heroes.
    7l8Y9P2.gif
  • Absolutely, I thought it was weird seeing Boba Fett in Theed would it be that hard to make him Jango instead?
  • Adog23 wrote: »
    Absolutely, I thought it was weird seeing Boba Fett in Theed would it be that hard to make him Jango instead?
    Well first of all, making a hero is likely not as easy as you think.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Yee.... but have a few modes that'll support it

PSN - themancharlie25
    Phase II is the best! #CommanderFoxDidTheRightThing
    This sector is clear. NOT CLEAR. NOT CLEAR.

• no. i have no interest in prequel at all but i wouldnt mind darth maul et al being available regardless of era/map. thats pretty much it really. i have no idea why when i have no interest in playing/shooting droids, and will quit any forced playlist (should there be one) when that era comes up, but i wont mind seeing any hero/villain from any era when i play. assuming i buy the game.

I want heroes locked to their respective eras.
    And if people want to play heroes outside their respective era, then perhaps you should also ask for a server browser and privately hosted servers. If people want to have their "what if" fun, then there should be a server browser to allow players to visit privately hosted servers that are modded or alterered to allow that.
    Again, this is why Battlefront I failed as it did. Because there are different worlds in the fandom that expect different things;
    • The people who want to play a canon game.
    • The people who want to play a fantasy game.

The proper way to develop a game, should be to have it play out according to canon lore by default. Then offer players alternative venues to pursue fantasy interests.
    But at this time, EA/DICE had failed terribly for Battlefront I because they tried to appeal to both and then we were left with a tasteless snowflake mashup. Kind of like how they buckled at the knees with helmetless Stormtroopers, only to realize their mistake by the end. But by then, it was too late.
    Battlefront I Beta Tester - I hope Battlefront II will be amazing by delivering; Space Battles w/ Infantry Boarding Parties, Stormtroopers w/ Helmets, 64 Player Mode, Hardcore Mode (Lightsaber 1HK), Fixed Squads, In-Game VOIP, Server Browser/Filter, Private Server Hosting, Mod Support and Clan Support.
  • Xerxes52
    599 posts Member
    In matchmaking I'd limit it to specific modes, but in Skirmish and Custom Games the host should be able to assign heroes and villains from any era.
    To think that once I could not see beyond the veil of our reality, to see those who dwell behind.
  • Gomen
    482 posts Member
    Yes 100000%. If the soldiers of the Empire can't fight against the Republic than why should heroes be allowed to cross eras? I think you should ONLY be allowed to play cross era gameplay in skirmish and private matches... AND OF COURSE cross ear hero gameplay should be also allowed in a all out heroes vs villains game mode on multiplayer.

this
    Friend me on PSN. My GT is O_lVl_E_N.
  • Gomen
    482 posts Member
    Adog23 wrote: »
    Absolutely, I thought it was weird seeing Boba Fett in Theed would it be that hard to make him Jango instead?

this too
  • Kerduk782
    455 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Almost forgot... Yes, locked eras. No cross-era heroes/villains/weapons. #NoStarWarsHeresy
    Battlefront I Beta Tester - I hope Battlefront II will be amazing by delivering; Space Battles w/ Infantry Boarding Parties, Stormtroopers w/ Helmets, 64 Player Mode, Hardcore Mode (Lightsaber 1HK), Fixed Squads, In-Game VOIP, Server Browser/Filter, Private Server Hosting, Mod Support and Clan Support.
  • Alex64
    7020 posts Member
    Kerduk782 wrote: »
    Almost forgot... Yes, locked eras. No cross-era heroes/villains/weapons. #NoStarWarsHeresy

Have you lost your mind?
  • Yes of course
  • cylau97 wrote: »
    Yes of course

Don't want Obiwan dropping down on phasma saying," Hello there".
  • Of course! Heroes Vs. Villains should be the only Cross-Era mode yoda shouldn't be fighting storm troopers and Rey shouldn't be fighting Droids!
  • Alex64 wrote: »

Have you lost your mind?

Nope! I like Star Wars as it is meant to be played in lore and to remain canon to the era. I'm just not a snowflakey person by nature.
  • Yes but not during heroes vs villains

Plus that would add incentive to jump between eras when you feel like experiencing other heroes imo.
    I have a feeling they will be though seperated though, and they were just put into the pre-alpha build cus those were the ready ones.
  • Alex64
    7020 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »

Have you lost your mind?

Nope! I like Star Wars as it is meant to be played in lore and to remain canon to the era. I'm just not a snowflakey person by nature.

Everything is canon into the multiplayer.
    I guess that you are talking about if it's chronological correct or not, and let me tell you that this rule isn't on the multiplayer feature, it wasn't on the first battlefront where you can see Lord Vader on Jakku or the Moon of Endor.
    IMO, the way that you are Talking about heresy is weird and I think you are going too far with your petition.
  • Kerduk782
    455 posts Member
    edited June 2017

Have you lost your mind?

Everything is canon into the multiplayer.
    I guess that you are talking about if it's chronological correct or not, and let me tell you that this rule isn't on the multiplayer feature, it wasn't on the first battlefront where you can see Lord Vader on Jakku or the Moon of Endor.
    IMO, the way that you are Talking about heresy is weird and I think you are going too far with your petition.

If you wish to take the stance on comparing games, then there are far greater concerns regarding Battlefront II which remain uncertain. For example;
    The lack of 32v32 (64 Player) mode, Droideka, Mod Community, Server Browser and Privately Hosted Servers. Furthermore, even though it's been stated there -will- be Space Maps for Battlefront II, it's still unclear if they will actually deliver for what a number of people wanted back during the Battlefront I Beta - the Boarding Party gameplay where infantry in space try to invade an enemy ship.
    So you must chose, do you wish to have a game with canon lore? Or do you want to have a game that is related to a "what if" fantasy? Because you cannot have your cake and eat it too. It's either one or the other.
    Or should I say... "Do. Or do not... There is no try."

The least I can say for myself, is that I wish the game to be consistent to the lore throughout the eras and as accurate as possible. Which makes sense... considering how much detail they have poured into this game. I would presume that -accuracy- is critically important.
  • Alex64
    7020 posts Member
    It's early to talk about details if we haven't seen a beta yet.
    Everything is canon as I've said, and you must know that multiplayer is that "what if" you are talking about, so i choose multiplayer.
    The truth is out there and not here between us.
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    Absolutely not! If I want to play as Obi wan against the First Order I want to do that. If I want to play darth maul against the rebellion I want to do that as well.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Yes but not during heroes vs villains

giphy.gif
  • I think they should be era locked.

Seeing Han, Rey and Boba Fett run about on PT era Theed made it feel like I was watching a pirate version of the game.

The moment that really grated with me was seeing Boba taking out Clone Troopers.

EA probably haven't given Dice enough time to provide an adequate number of finished Heroes and Villains per era, and and so have no choice but to do it this way.
  • DrOzj14
    32 posts Member
    I think if you chose a hero outside the era you don't get as many points. Maybe 1/4 the points or something to that to discourage that behavior. And if you chose appropriate hero you a massive bonus or possible lower health and attack power for those out of era
  • Gomen
    482 posts Member
    greedo1980 wrote: »
    I think they should be era locked.

Seeing Han, Rey and Boba Fett run about on PT era Theed made it feel like I was watching a pirate version of the game.

The moment that really grated with me was seeing Boba taking out Clone Troopers.

EA probably haven't given Dice enough time to provide an adequate number of finished Heroes and Villains per era, and and so have no choice but to do it this way.

same
  • ArchieKE
    242 posts Member
    Both, yes and no.

Yes, because it would ruin the immersion of actually playing in the battle of certain scenes from the Star Wars movies.

No, from a gameplay point of view. It actually also depends on how many heroes and villains from each era there are.

Dennis said that there will be more than two heroes and villains playable in Galactic Assault during any match. Honestly, I would prefer two categories for cross-era play or no cross-era play.

I agree with this, it's how I feel too ^ I do want them in HvV/ Hero assualt though.

• DarthCapa2
    2878 posts Member
    yes. heroes in their era
  • Joonlar
    1154 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    It should be dependent on each mode.

Some modes should be more authentic so only the appropriate heroes are allowed. Assault on Theed would only have Padme/Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon/Maul, for example. This would also encourage hero variety and more focused strategies for each map, depending on which Heroes can be chosen - for example we saw this in Extraction in SWBF1 where it was nice to actually see and have to fight against/play with Leia for a change, as nobody really picked her when they had a choice in the other modes.

On the other hand, with modes like HVV or maybe Supremacy where it's just chaos, then all Heroes should be allowed.

So, BOTH.

IMO.
  • ArchieKE
    242 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    They already stated that cross era heroes will come in 'some' modes. We have to accept this as a fact now they have said it. I personally didn't want cross era heroes except in HvV but I think it's fair that some modes will have it and others don't. It caters for people that want it and those that don't. I wouldn't want to take away some people's dreams of cross era heroes as that is unfair, no more than I would want pro cross era people to take away my chance of being able to play like the movies. We just have to come to accept it as they are being fair to everyone, after all, as they said, everyone's Star Wars fantasys will be brought to life, this is one way they can do it.
  • AdamHaycee wrote: »
    There's the question. Discuss...

Yes, but not in hero-specific game modes such as heroes vs villains.
    "One may be outnumbered, but that doesn't mean they're outmatched."
  • ZmanGames wrote: »
    AdamHaycee wrote: »
    There's the question. Discuss...

Yes, but not in hero-specific game modes such as heroes vs villains.

• AlexM
    195 posts Member
    I'm indifferent but I hope for heroes vs villains it isn't locked off.
  • Absolutely, but not just Heroes. Save for game modes like Heroes vs. Villains and Hero Blast, all elements (heroes, weapons, vehicles, factions) should be kept to their appropriate era for ranked online matches. Although, I do believe we should have the option to enable cross-era elements in private matches and Skirmish.

Seriously, this is a no-brainer. Otherwise, it's the helmet-less Stormtrooper debacle from the current game all over again. If cross-era heroes and weapons are allowed, DICE might as well implement cross-era vehicles and factions, too. It'd be no different. No, I say DICE should keep the uniqueness of each era intact for ranked online matches, and not ruin the immersion.
    "All wings report in."
  • How many of these threads do we need
  • Vic501
    14 posts Member
    Yes but not during heroes vs villains

Same here !!
  • ExoSchmo wrote: »
    How many of these threads do we need

Enough for DICE to get the point.
  • Yes 100% but obviously no hero lock for heroes vs villains of course
  • Would you prefer Heroes locked to their eras?

For the primary modes? Yes. While seeing Boba Fett decimating his fellow clones would be humorous, it would ruin the immersion for me. However as previously mentioned I would more than welcome this in the Heroes vs Villains mode. I definitely want to see Darth Maul and Luke Skywalker fight.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • KLATZ55
    125 posts Member
    Cross-Era for HvV only.
  • yes except for a few modes
  • Neither is a serious game breaker for me, but the option to select Cross-era and non cross-era gameplay is a very welcomed YES!

Non for smaller game modes and Cross for Assault/Bigger Objective modes would be great
  • I've just seen on the main page discription about multiplayer, it says it will feature authentic to era troopers and heroes. Think that settles the debate right there.
  • Shmee123
    120 posts Member
    I mean at first I was all for era locked heroes (and I'm not saying I changed my mind) but I really didn't mind seeing Rey with the clones. It was weird but a cool concept. I'm ok with whatever. But if they do era lock heroes, at least allow heroes who are featured in multiple eras playable in both eras ie: Han Solo in OT and ST.
    giphy.gif
  • Alderan
    51 posts Member
    Yes, heroes must be locked in their eras!
  • I answered that in the last several threads with this title.
    Fun modes and heroes modes should be cross-era, but serious modes like Conquest should be restricted to their eras.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• AlexM
    195 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I am still indifferent to what they do, but if cross era hero play is disabled, than that would limit your choice as to who you can play as. Rey's era would only have Rey and Kylo and even when the DLC for the new star wars movie hits that will still only give you two options per side. The same applies to other eras as well.
  • Heroes should absolutely be locked to their own eras except for Heroes Vs. Villains. If I have to see that pathetic excuse for a villain Kylie Ren at the battle of Genosis, I might just go berzerk and initiate order 66 right then and there.
  • DarthCapa2
    2878 posts Member
    Heroes must be locked in their eras for the mains modes. Then we can have some modes with cross era.
  • I'm fine with cross era it just bothers me that the only hero's you can access for assault on Theed are Han Solo and Rey, and the villains are Darth Maul and Bona Fett. The only person from that era is Darth Maul. I think there should be at least one hero/villain from the era and one from other eras.
  • KLATZ55 wrote: »
    Cross-Era for HvV only.