criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Would you prefer Heroes locked to their eras?

13Next

Replies

• Alex64
    5796 posts Member
    thorn1375 wrote: »
    I'm fine with cross era it just bothers me that the only hero's you can access for assault on Theed are Han Solo and Rey, and the villains are Darth Maul and Bona Fett. The only person from that era is Darth Maul. I think there should be at least one hero/villain from the era and one from other eras.

Every heroe must be free to play cross-eras
  • PLEASE LOCK ALL HEROES, VEHICLES AND MAPS TO THE APPROPRIATE ERA. This makes it authentic. It's weird to think that you could play Rey vs Darth Vader for example or Millennium Falcon vs Obi Wan's ship. It doesn't make sense to have cross era stuff. Weapons I could understand but even factions need to be authentic. Why would the Wookie warriors fight against original trilogy storm troopers? In modes like HvsV, cross era would be fine but everything else needs to be authentic.
  • For the launch of the game, it would be best to start off with allowing heroes to take part on the battlefront in all eras, so Rey on Hoth or even Yoda on Starkiller Base. Since we dont know how many heroes we are getting at launch, just that there will be more from the Original Trilogy than either of the other individual eras, it would depend on what heroes we get in the upcoming free DLC seasons. If there was a balance between the eras in terms of heroes, then it would be wise to implement the idea of locking heroes to their era, except for the cross-era hero game mode we were told of.
  • YES..
  • HTH52
    56 posts Member
    Number of heroes is not an issue. Its ok if theres only 1 or 2 republic heroes, as long as more come. Cross era destroys part of what makes each era unique.
  • YouKnowWhoIAm
    114 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    OMG DICE, WHY CAN'T I USE A TAUNTAUN ON ENDOR, DICE YOU'RE RUINING MUH FUN SMH :pensive:
  • OMG DICE, WHY CAN'T I USE A TAUNTAUN ON ENDOR, DICE YOU'RE RUINING MUH FUN SMH :pensive:

We must have more variety after all this is the big shooter game of the winter! Don't you know there has to be diversity for them, so they won't have to wait in the lobby for an extra minute? They have to get there good three months of the game out of there system, and leave the game to the real Star Wars fans who are stuck with a confused and demented Star Wars universe. But " we're trying to make this as authentic as possible" smh
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
    Prequel era : yoda, obi wan, Anakin, padme, maul, jango, dooku, grievous,
    Original era: Luke, leia, Han, chewy, Vader, palps, boba, bossk
    New era: Rey, kylo
  • Yes, of course they should be locked
  • Era locked heroes in large modes would be my preference as well. As usual, way more people want heroes only in their own eras, hero modes excluded.

Watching the stream that Dennis did with Battlefront updates makes me think we will see era mixing with heroes though. He mentions how we will be seeing more than two heroes per side in the matches. At this point I honestly doubt we are going to get enough heroes at launch to support that without era mixing. This is especially true of the Sequel Trilogy era. With the announcement that Finn and Phasma are going to be DLC and not in the base game, I suspect that Rey and Kylo will be the only Sequel heroes at launch.

Sequel heroes can also include Chewie, Han, Leia and Poe
    On the villains side Hux is a definite option and I wouldn't mind seeing TR-8R (I liked having Nunb and Greedo in the original game, TR-8R is a stretch, but if it means the sequel era has 3 heroes per side at launch then it's worth it)
  • RogueKarp wrote: »
    Era locked heroes in large modes would be my preference as well. As usual, way more people want heroes only in their own eras, hero modes excluded.

Watching the stream that Dennis did with Battlefront updates makes me think we will see era mixing with heroes though. He mentions how we will be seeing more than two heroes per side in the matches. At this point I honestly doubt we are going to get enough heroes at launch to support that without era mixing. This is especially true of the Sequel Trilogy era. With the announcement that Finn and Phasma are going to be DLC and not in the base game, I suspect that Rey and Kylo will be the only Sequel heroes at launch.

Sequel heroes can also include Chewie, Han, Leia and Poe
    On the villains side Hux is a definite option and I wouldn't mind seeing TR-8R (I liked having Nunb and Greedo in the original game, TR-8R is a stretch, but if it means the sequel era has 3 heroes per side at launch then it's worth it)

We will not see Chewie, Han, or leia in different skins though, they will have one main skin
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
    Prequel era : yoda, obi wan, Anakin, padme, maul, jango, dooku, grievous,
    Original era: Luke, leia, Han, chewy, Vader, palps, boba, bossk
    New era: Rey, kylo
  • Otherwise... don't make <2+ hero modes for the Sequel Era until the DLC is released. It allows those modes to feel fresh post-launch because we'd be playing those modes in that era for the first time.

Also... we don't know Iden's storyline but I'm not opposed to seeing her as a hero in multiplayer gameplay. I dig having 'deep cuts' in the game's content.
  • RogueKarp wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind seeing TR-8R

You know what's up.
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!
  • Here's my 2 credits: I feel like Cross-Era should be examined on a hero by hero basis. So Han should be available on all GCW and New Era maps (given he has the proper skin in the New Era), but he wouldn't be anywhere in the Clone Wars. Meanwhile Maul would only be active in the Clone Wars.
    Of course on hero-specific modes or private matches (option to toggle on Private Matches), there should be no era locking. THAT is where you can have your poorly written fan-fiction style fantasies.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • CPT_Rex wrote: »
    Here's my 2 credits: I feel like Cross-Era should be examined on a hero by hero basis. So Han should be available on all GCW and New Era maps (given he has the proper skin in the New Era), but he wouldn't be anywhere in the Clone Wars. Meanwhile Maul would only be active in the Clone Wars.
    Of course on hero-specific modes or private matches (option to toggle on Private Matches), there should be no era locking. THAT is where you can have your poorly written fan-fiction style fantasies.

THIS! This right here makes the most sense to me.
  • CPT_Rex wrote: »
    Here's my 2 credits: I feel like Cross-Era should be examined on a hero by hero basis. So Han should be available on all GCW and New Era maps (given he has the proper skin in the New Era), but he wouldn't be anywhere in the Clone Wars. Meanwhile Maul would only be active in the Clone Wars.

I think this is self-explanatory.

Although there are some cases where the character is so different in both eras that making a completely new moveset might be needed.

i.e. with Obi-Wan and Old Ben, or with The Senate and Papa Palps.
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!
  • I think this is self-explanatory.

Although there are some cases where the character is so different in both eras that making a completely new moveset might be needed.

i.e. with Obi-Wan and Old Ben, or with The Senate and Papa Palps.

I'll agree with Ben but not Palps. If we have 1 Palpatine who can switch between using his saber and lightning, we don't need another.
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Mjrask wrote: »
    PLEASE LOCK ALL HEROES, VEHICLES AND MAPS TO THE APPROPRIATE ERA. This makes it authentic. It's weird to think that you could play Rey vs Darth Vader for example or Millennium Falcon vs Obi Wan's ship. It doesn't make sense to have cross era stuff. Weapons I could understand but even factions need to be authentic. Why would the Wookie warriors fight against original trilogy storm troopers? In modes like HvsV, cross era would be fine but everything else needs to be authentic.

Millennium falcon vs Delta 7 doesn't look like that is going to happen, but that is a cool battle fantasy. It looks like Heroes & weapons/gadgets are the only thing that's cross era.
    Wookie warriors fighting storm troopers is very much a possibility in the game, your not really breaking the boundary of the era your just in the GCW with wookies rebelling against the empire. In fact its canon I think.
    And so is the Separatists fighting the Empire as well.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Yes please.
  • Personally I'm fine with either way but I think I lean towards having cross-era play
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    Absolutely, but not just Heroes. Save for game modes like Heroes vs. Villains and Hero Blast, all elements (heroes, weapons, vehicles, factions) should be kept to their appropriate era for ranked online matches. Although, I do believe we should have the option to enable cross-era elements in private matches and Skirmish.

Seriously, this is a no-brainer. Otherwise, it's the helmet-less Stormtrooper debacle from the current game all over again. If cross-era heroes and weapons are allowed, DICE might as well implement cross-era vehicles and factions, too. It'd be no different. No, I say DICE should keep the uniqueness of each era intact for ranked online matches, and not ruin the immersion.

Completely agree. Heros AND weapons should be era locked. It's a no brainer. I hated seeing the droids carrying that First Order blaster and Han, Rey, and Boba on Naboo fighting clones and droids was annoying.
  • Yes. Im fine for specific modes like heroes vs. villains but the main mode, which seems to be galactic assault, should not be. I don't wont to see Rey fighting battle droids or yoda vs first order stormtroopers
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • cross era gets rid of variety, might as well made the top 3 heroes only and cut all other heroes. at least with era locked people can be forced to play other heroes and build up their skill with these heroes instead of leaving them on the back burner.
  • Relevant Reddit poll:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/6vlbx7/alright_lets_put_this_crossera_thing_to_a_vote/

As of this posting, there are 1005 votes, with 65.07% of people voting "No." Only 13.53% of people voted "Yes." The rest don't care either way. Pretty much matches up with every other poll that's been done asking the community about cross-era stuff. Why is this still a debate?
  • Relevant Reddit poll:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/6vlbx7/alright_lets_put_this_crossera_thing_to_a_vote/

As of this posting, there are 1005 votes, with 65.07% of people voting "No." Only 13.53% of people voted "Yes." The rest don't care either way. Pretty much matches up with every other poll that's been done asking the community about cross-era stuff. Why is this still a debate?

Oh.
    tumblr_inline_nqbj8fPKZw1t4u9b0_500.png
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Yes, all heroes should be locked to their eras. However, some heroes can be in multiple eras and just have a skin variation. For example, Han Solo can be in the OT and ST Era but have his old skin for the ST, Chewbacca can be in all eras, etc.
    "One may be outnumbered, but that doesn't mean they're outmatched."
  • ZmanGames wrote: »
    Yes, all heroes should be locked to their eras. However, some heroes can be in multiple eras and just have a skin variation. For example, Han Solo can be in the OT and ST Era but have his old skin for the ST, Chewbacca can be in all eras, etc.

I'll have to say no to Chewie in all eras. Yes he was alive during the Clone Wars but he wasn't important. Tarful would be a better choice as he was a VIW (Very important Wookie). He should be on Kashyyyk only if they decide to put him there anyway.
  • TMachine97
    1022 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    CPT_Rex wrote: »
    ZmanGames wrote: »
    Yes, all heroes should be locked to their eras. However, some heroes can be in multiple eras and just have a skin variation. For example, Han Solo can be in the OT and ST Era but have his old skin for the ST, Chewbacca can be in all eras, etc.

I'll have to say no to Chewie in all eras. Yes he was alive during the Clone Wars but he wasn't important. Tarful would be a better choice as he was a VIW (Very important Wookie). He should be on Kashyyyk only if they decide to put him there anyway.

We're getting Wookiee warriors on Kashyyyk. I don't think they'll have Tarful as a hero.

• Why is this still a debate?

Because appearently some gamechangers still claim we are just the minority without backing up their claims with anything.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Yes, except Heroes Vs Villains.
  • bfloo
    14422 posts Member
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Why is this still a debate?

Because appearently some gamechangers still claim we are just the minority without backing up their claims with anything.

I thought game changers existed to make the game better :(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I think for me some i do not want to see Vader vs Rey just me or Obi wan vs rey
  • bfloo
    14422 posts Member
    I think for me some i do not want to see Vader vs Rey just me or Obi wan vs rey

I just don't want to see Vader leading Droids.

While I don't care much about a pt hero battling an st villain, I can see why people would want that in a hero mode.

h846398gb27k.png

• Whodunnit wrote: »
    Why is this still a debate?

This is what happens when too much power is concentrated in too few.
    e53eee7549227b3360e0acfd11b972fa.jpg
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    bfloo wrote: »

While I don't care much about a pt hero battling an st villain, I can see why people would want that in a hero mode.

The hour is later than you know
    0748f955773d31f4bd820ed0e18b6a64.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg

The forces of Canon Changers are already on the move they will be at Yavin by nightfall

We must join with HQ for against the power of HQ there can be no rescue
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • bfloo
    14422 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

maxresdefault.jpg

The forces of Canon Changers are already on the move they will be at Yavin by nightfall

Thanks for helping :(

h846398gb27k.png

• There should just be 2 versions of every mode, minus infantry ones (except conquest) for cross and and non cross era heroes and ships.
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    ROMG4 wrote: »

maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks for helping :(

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    Would you prefer Heroes locked to their eras?

Nope, I prefer having cross-era. Personally, it seems really interesting and a lot of fun.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • No.

It's a game. I play it solely b/c it's fun. If Yoda is my favorite hero to use, & I am playing Galactic Assault on Starkiller base, I'd like to be able to use him...not have him locked out. JMO...
  • I do want heroes locked in their respective eras, however in hero modes the full selection should be available. I also want hero ships locked in their respective eras. Again if there is a hero ship mode, that should have all heroes.
  • no cross era in big modes plz. everyone at gamescom like the scimatar and i figure its gonna be the same thing when the game releases. everyone is gonna choose the scimatar and poe's x wing too much and not choose the other heroes.
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

maxresdefault.jpg

Cant wait to re-enact that comic in galactic assault!

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Mroll44 wrote: »
    No.

It's a game. I play it solely b/c it's fun. If Yoda is my favorite hero to use, & I am playing Galactic Assault on Starkiller base, I'd like to be able to use him...not have him locked out. JMO...

That's what I've been sayin!

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    Mroll44 wrote: »
    No.

That's what I've been sayin!

TBH,,
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."