criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Balance and why this is a useless discussion right now

ThePoolshark
2961 posts Member
edited June 2017
This build is not balanced, nor do they care to make it that way.

These builds are to show off stuff and make things look crazy. To do this, there is no hard balance... they did minor balancing so that things aren't terrible, but to think that this is how the game will be on launch is silly

Create meaningful discussion on stuff that matters. For example, map flow, gunplay, star cards, etc...
The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.

Replies

• Oh ok thanks for the info shark
  • It might sound stupid for some but i totally agree with shark.
  • Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member
    Gunplay.. Roger that!
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • Alex64
    7020 posts Member
    It's time to burn some ideas away.
  • ROMG4
    2613 posts Member
    This build is not balanced, nor do they care to make it that way.

These builds are to show off stuff and make things look crazy. To do this, there is no hard balance... they did minor balancing so that things aren't terrible, but to think that this is how the game will be on launch is silly

Create meaningful discussion on stuff that matters. For example, map flow, gunplay, star cards, etc...

Finally

Thank you Pool
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • but to think that this is how the game will be on launch is silly

I don't know why people were thinking that. To those people I say. Why do you think they make an alpha and a beta for?
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    True. The whole point of a beta is too balance. The pre-alpha helps too.
  • Paul131
    982 posts Member
    Oh and if somebody still didn't pick it up, you can see Pre-Alpha in the right upper part of the screen.
    When I see somebody posting another useless theard
    tumblr_mqtcovhc8q1srwn65o9_250.gif

• This should really be a sticky post until people get back on track.
    Battlefront I Beta Tester - I hope Battlefront II will be amazing by delivering; Space Battles w/ Infantry Boarding Parties, Stormtroopers w/ Helmets, 64 Player Mode, Hardcore Mode (Lightsaber 1HK), Fixed Squads, In-Game VOIP, Server Browser/Filter, Private Server Hosting, Mod Support and Clan Support.
  • Thank you for saying this finally someone agrees haha i was just concerend about the AAT but that is just battlefront 1 that ruined tanks for me :(
  • Thanks for clarifying to some.
  • DarthJ
    6449 posts Member
    Exactly. Its pre alpha. Long way to go yet.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • RaNdOmKiLs666
    193 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Discussing balance or complaining about OP or weak weapons, vehicles and heroes etc. is pointless without playing the game first, not to mention alphas almost always have poor balance. Anyone remember how brokenly strong Pulses heartbeat sensor was in the R6S alpha gameplay? If not, it was literally a wall hack gadget. Well that was nerfed strongly to the point of uselessness, until it was buffed later on after full release. So please don't worry about balance until the open beta.
    1pw96s.gif
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Kerduk782 wrote: »
    This should really be a sticky post until people get back on track.
    Bump
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Forums are flooded with discussions about balancing every single tiny element of the game. It's like people are making it their career to have that perfect version of the game by sharing their thoughts. The fear is probably so great that the game will be a mess and they can't live normally without accepting these risks. Just wait and see. Stop spamming the forums with gazillion tweak threads and making it a nightmate to find interesting threads to read. This nightmare will continue like with the previous game all up and until the end of the next game.
  • Crabman
    201 posts Member
    Thank you Poolshark.

It amazes me that only a couple here on the forums (including yourself) have actually played the PRE-ALPHA build but the forum is flooded with armchair devs

FFS. It's a video game. About a fictional story/world.
    The hypocrisy also amuses me too.

*sign*