criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Battlefront 2 beta, thrilled are you?

Who here thinks it'll reflect the final product for long? If so are you dying to get it no mater what? To those who do, a word of caution. Beta and final version of the game might significantly change over time.

Replies

• JMaster
    2183 posts Member
    To an extent, yes. The pre-alpha they showed has a lot of truly awesome stuff, and a lot of it will either not change or just be slightly adjusted to better match the feel of what players want. Like... I expect some changes with the icons and such, just like the Star Card logos for the SWBF Beta looked different from the final version, stuff like that, you know? But, I don't expect too terribly many extreme changes, unless customers are extremely vocal about their opinions.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Nerfs is what worries me most. Devs really loved to nerf stuff in the beginning. Expect same type of EA business
  • Nerfs is what worries me most. Devs really loved to nerf stuff in the beginning. Expect same type of EA business

RIP Beta Cycler Rifle.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Or pulse rifle's consistent accuracy. Ah good times. Then enjoy months of unfixed bugs. Now we're talking!
  • Or pulse rifle's consistent accuracy. Ah good times.

And that nerf was a result of the bowcaster nerf, when really it was Bounty Hunter that needed a slight tweak.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Things kept getting better, Bespin promised us skirmish and then came nothing but more bugs. Finally we got a pre alpha Skirmish and uber shot Lando for 2 months.
  • Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member
    Nerfs is what worries me most. Devs really loved to nerf stuff in the beginning. Expect same type of EA business

I know exactly what you mean, this remind me of when they nerfed Boba Fett because players were still adjusting to the game, figuring out star cards and blasters so in turn they thought he was OP because they couldn't seem to come up with strategies to use that would easily take him out. Expect a lot of nerf herders after launch, I think nerf threads should be locked for at least a month so people can settle in the game and then come to a conclusion on the things that need to be changed and toned down
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    And by nerfing devs get desperate and open new doorways to bugs and glitches. Over doing things has it's drawbacks.

RIP Beta Cycler Rifle.

Cycler rifle had no place in the game anyway. It's not a common pool weapon either faction would have been inclined to use anyway. So seeing a Stormtrooper, of all people, is perhaps one of the most cringeworthy things to see. And it was perhaps as absurd as Homing Shot.
    Star Wars is about blasters and lasers flying everywhere. It should have remained that way, and this is another underlying concern of what players will really be able to use for Battlefront II.
    Battlefront I Beta Tester - I hope Battlefront II will be amazing by delivering; Space Battles w/ Infantry Boarding Parties, Stormtroopers w/ Helmets, 64 Player Mode, Hardcore Mode (Lightsaber 1HK), Fixed Squads, In-Game VOIP, Server Browser/Filter, Private Server Hosting, Mod Support and Clan Support.
  • Keif68
    24 posts Member
    Can't wait for the beta!!!!!!
  • Who here thinks it'll reflect the final product for long? If so are you dying to get it no mater what? To those who do, a word of caution. Beta and final version of the game might significantly change over time.

Yeah I can't wait. But I'll have to. For 4-5 months.
    PSN - themancharlie25
    Phase II is the best! #CommanderFoxDidTheRightThing
    This sector is clear. NOT CLEAR. NOT CLEAR.