criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Turn lightsaber on and off

In the new battle front the Jedi and Sith can change their shoulder (and it is very good) but I would like to be able to turn on or off the lightsaber because it was very useful to go unnoticed and hide

Replies

  • it was very useful to go unnoticed and hide

    This is the exact reason it won't be in the game
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • Whodunnit
    5551 posts Member
    it was very useful to go unnoticed and hide

    This is the exact reason it won't be in the game

    Why? It's a very good tactical feature and also adds a lot to the immersion (with those on off saber sounds). It has to be in the game for sure.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • They don't want people to hide...
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I don't care, it was a nice featrue in 2015. On the other side if EA implements random day and night lights for maps then the glow at night and rain would look awesome.
    Also it's impossible to hide on a linear map and DICE already has removed the red hero dots from the maps.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

  • Whodunnit
    5551 posts Member
    They don't want people to hide...

    Does it matter? Every other hero without a lightsaber already can so..
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Whodunnit wrote: »
    They don't want people to hide...

    Does it matter? Every other hero without a lightsaber already can so..

    apparently so... they didn't add it for a reason
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • In the new battle front the Jedi and Sith can change their shoulder (and it is very good) but I would like to be able to turn on or off the lightsaber because it was very useful to go unnoticed and hide
    Yes! Yes! I already made a whole thread about this the day after the EA Battlefront Assault on Theed gameplay released so I'm definitely with you. I seriously hope EA listens to us.
  • Whodunnit wrote: »
    it was very useful to go unnoticed and hide

    This is the exact reason it won't be in the game

    Why? It's a very good tactical feature and also adds a lot to the immersion (with those on off saber sounds). It has to be in the game for sure.
    Yeah I mainly just want lightsabers to turn on and off so that we can hear those lightsaber sounds again. Best and most iconic sound in Star Wars! How can this feature not be in the game?
  • Let's also all not forget that we only saw an extremely early version of Battlefront II so that means that the team over at EA is still making and developing the game... hence meaning that they probably just haven't added this feature in the game yet because it is a small feature that they can add in anytime last minute near launch. This feature will be in the game.
  • Old Battlefront 2 had you capable of doing so by crouching which turns off the lightsaber.
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?"
    Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine."
    Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones."
    Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
  • koldovi2013
    453 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    In the new battle front the Jedi and Sith can change their shoulder (and it is very good) but I would like to be able to turn on or off the lightsaber because it was very useful to go unnoticed and hide
    Yes! Yes! I already made a whole thread about this the day after the EA Battlefront Assault on Theed gameplay released so I'm definitely with you. I seriously hope EA listens to us.
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    it was very useful to go unnoticed and hide

    This is the exact reason it won't be in the game

    Why? It's a very good tactical feature and also adds a lot to the immersion (with those on off saber sounds). It has to be in the game for sure.
    Yeah I mainly just want lightsabers to turn on and off so that we can hear those lightsaber sounds again. Best and most iconic sound in Star Wars! How can this feature not be in the game?
    Let's also all not forget that we only saw an extremely early version of Battlefront II so that means that the team over at EA is still making and developing the game... hence meaning that they probably just haven't added this feature in the game yet because it is a small feature that they can add in anytime last minute near launch. This feature will be in the game.

    I agree with you on everything! And I think another good reason for this is that the emotes look very awesome with the lightsaber turned off and then on
    But I want the shoulder change too
  • Trooper8059
    10198 posts Member
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    They don't want people to hide...

    Does it matter? Every other hero without a lightsaber already can so..

    Not to mention that since we can now heal overtime, people are going to hide regardless.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Whodunnit wrote: »
    They don't want people to hide...

    Does it matter? Every other hero without a lightsaber already can so..

    Not to mention that since we can now heal overtime, people are going to hide regardless.

    The heroes without lightsaber can do it as he said. I can't see your point
  • GhentFlorin
    212 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    They don't want people to hide...

    Does it matter? Every other hero without a lightsaber already can so..

    apparently so... they didn't add it for a reason

    They didn't add it for a reason? Who the hell hired you? Heroes will appear on scanner, lightsaber should turn off, an embarrassing reason why i assure you that I will not buy the game.
  • DarthCapa2
    2793 posts Member
    Yes please. They want the heroes more tactical, turn off the lightsaber is part to be tactical, especially in maps played in night. It's also very cool. It's a must.
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    They don't want people to hide...

    Yet the only way hero's regen their health is by hiding..
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

    aakkhwbkosde.gif

  • Whodunnit
    5551 posts Member
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    They don't want people to hide...

    Does it matter? Every other hero without a lightsaber already can so..

    Not to mention that since we can now heal overtime, people are going to hide regardless.

    The heroes without lightsaber can do it as he said. I can't see your point

    He means all heroes will hide when they need health regen. And they don't have a red dot on the map anymore. So there will be more hiding this time anyway, switching on or off the lightsaber won't change that at all.
    So I say why not add then the on off option, it's cool, both the animation and the sound, and it adds more strategic to the Hero gameplay.
    And I'm more worried about the hiding long-range heroes rather then the hiding Jedi and Sith.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • They don't want people to hide...

    I mean I know youre just trying to explain the devs decision to not include it, but...
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    They don't want people to hide...

    Does it matter? Every other hero without a lightsaber already can so..

    This guy has a point, plus being darth maul in a large battle with his double bladed lightsaber spinning around is a bullseye for every enemy player, so if youre just running, why would you want it on?
    giphy.gif
  • You should have the ability to turn off and on your light saber if your a Hero.
    This is a MUST.....

    This option was in Battlefront so please add to Battlefront2...

    Bonus would be if you could turn on one side to Darth Maul's light saber!!!!
  • They don't want people to hide...

    They already accomplished that when they made heroes appear always on mini map.
  • They don't want people to hide...

    Then they shouldn't have regenerative health ;)
  • After playing the beta, we saw that heroes like Darth Maul and Rey turn off their lightsabers while they’re running and the have the red point on the map and they don’t regenerate all their health anymore. I saw too that you can only have two emotes, thing I hope they change but if they don’t change it, the buttom for the third emote could be used as the buttom to turn on/off the lightsaber when you’re standing still
  • Yes please, thanks for bumping this, this is a must.
    After playing the beta, we saw that heroes like Darth Maul and Rey turn off their lightsabers while they’re running and the have the red point on the map and they don’t regenerate all their health anymore. I saw too that you can only have two emotes, thing I hope they change but if they don’t change it, the buttom for the third emote could be used as the buttom to turn on/off the lightsaber when you’re standing still

    And also, this.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Can't believe people are dicussing about something so insignificant. I mean come on really? You wont even be able to use it in a tactical manner since your pinned as a fat red dot on the map...

  • Can't believe people are dicussing about something so insignificant. I mean come on really? You wont even be able to use it in a tactical manner since your pinned as a fat red dot on the map...

    Wrong. People discussing here everything including something so insignificant.
    And you will be able to use it in a tactical manner in HvV since I don't think there will be red dots there.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Shinjuku wrote: »
    Yes definitely, saber heroes need to cover ground to kill their targets and not to also mention that the heroes in general have been nerfed heavily. So being able to switch the light sabers off at any given time will help immensely. We have this feature in the current game so I don't see no reason as to why it shouldn't be included in Star Wars Battlefront 2.

    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • I very much like that you can change the camera to the other shoulder with lightsaber characters in BF2. I don’t see why that had to come at the cost of manually being able to turn off an on lightsabers while not running. As it is in BF2 now, the sabers turn off shortly after you start running, and then back on when you stop running. Up on the D-pad on xbox isn’t mapped for anything as a lightsaber hero. Hopefully it eill be used on full release to manually turn on and off the lightsabers.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!