criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Battlefield II's Potential Hero Problem

I'm not sure if this has been brought up on here, but after watching plenty of gameplay videos, it seems the new point system could cause a number of players to sit at the respawn waiting for a hero, rather than playin.

I think a good solution to this would be to put people in queue.

If the hero is already taken, but you want to play as he/she, select them. Upon selecting them a message will tell you where you are in queue for that hero. If you don't like where you're at in line, you can choose another hero or upgrade all together. However, if you want to stay in queue, you should then be able to keep playing until it's your turn. When that time comes, you then have 20 seconds to respawn as that character, or lose your place in line.

Note: If you have enough points, you should also be able to stay in queue while being able to play as another upgraded character.

What do you guys think?

Replies

• Interesting possibility. At the very least, people wouldn't be "camping" the spawn screen.
  • Berrin
    94 posts Member
    I'm not sure if this has been brought up on here, but after watching plenty of gameplay videos, it seems the new point system could cause a number of players to sit at the respawn waiting for a hero, rather than playin.

I think a good solution to this would be to put people in queue.

If the hero is already taken, but you want to play as he/she, select them. Upon selecting them a message will tell you where you are in queue for that hero. If you don't like where you're at in line, you can choose another hero or upgrade all together. However, if you want to stay in queue, you should then be able to keep playing until it's your turn. When that time comes, you then have 20 seconds to respawn as that character, or lose your place in line.

Note: If you have enough points, you should also be able to stay in queue while being able to play as another upgraded character.

What do you guys think?

I thought you gained points for doing objectives and you know, killing things? This whole thing seems unnecessary as a simple fix could be, you know, not letting you sit in queue and still gain points.
    No
  • Afrom3istwr
    907 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Berrin wrote: »
    I thought you gained points for doing objectives and you know, killing things? This whole thing seems unnecessary as a simple fix could be, you know, not letting you sit in queue and still gain points.

Yes, you get points for doing the objective and killing things. That's not the point of this topic.

The problem is how the point system works. I can see a number of people getting the set amount of points for a hero, especially late into matches, and sitting at the respawn waiting for one to pop up, rather than playing. It's a problem all of the Battlefield games have had with vehicles and is the very reason Battlefront 1 went with the token system.

My solution to this would be to put you in queue, let you know where you're at in line, while playing the game until it's your turn. If you don't like your spot, you can see where you sit with another hero or simply pick something else.

Essentially, it takes out any incentive to sit on a hero, when you earn enough points.
  • This is a great idea but instead of 20 seconds for you to die there's a pop up in the corner that says hero/villain available, and you'd have 20 seconds to press L1 and R1 to use the hero/villain.
  • SalsaMan wrote: »
    This is a great idea but instead of 20 seconds for you to die there's a pop up in the corner that says hero/villain available, and you'd have 20 seconds to press L1 and R1 to use the hero/villain.

I like that button mapping suggestion. I wasn't suggesting you die with the timer, rather if you don't use it in that time, you lose your spot in queue.

Note: Apologies on the Topic typo. Meant to type Battlefront II*.