criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What's Wrong with Camping?

Warrior
297 posts Member
I've noticed on the forums that so many people are against camping. They're saying that certain abilities (such as ascension cables, or jump packs) shouldn't be in the game because it could promote camping. Camping is awesome, and it takes skill. What's the point in a game that's completely balanced so that even the noobs can defeat the skilled? The only reason that I could come up with that someone wouldn't be pro-camping is that they are a noob themselves. I'm not accusing people, that is just the only reason I can come up with.
I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.

Replies

• Camping makes the game go no where, it just people staying in one spot, and battlefront is suppose to have action all the time.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Lol....
  • Warrior
    297 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Camping makes the game go no where, it just people staying in one spot, and battlefront is suppose to have action all the time.

people all want it to be realistic, and in real life, people camp. They camp, or they rush out and die. I guess that not camping would be nice for new players though.
    I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.
  • SWymsa
    823 posts Member
    Warrior wrote: »
    I've noticed on the forums that so many people are against camping. They're saying that certain abilities (such as ascension cables, or jump packs) shouldn't be in the game because it could promote camping. Camping is awesome, and it takes skill. What's the point in a game that's completely balanced so that even the noobs can defeat the skilled? The only reason that I could come up with that someone wouldn't be pro-camping is that they are a noob themselves. I'm not accusing people, that is just the only reason I can come up with.

Ask your mom, no doubt she gets camped on street corners. :smirk:

• SWymsa wrote: »

SWymsa wrote: »

giphy.
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
    Prequel era : yoda, obi wan, Anakin, padme, maul, jango, dooku, grievous,
    Original era: Luke, leia, Han, chewy, Vader, palps, boba, bossk
    New era: Rey, kylo
  • So...all of those soldiers in WW1 were just camping?
  • I'll camp objectives all day long and not apologize.

Also, I like camping in the woods.
  • SWymsa
    823 posts Member
    Camping makes the game go no where, it just people staying in one spot, and battlefront is suppose to have action all the time.

people all want it to be realistic, and in real life, people camp. They camp, or they rush out and die. I guess that not camping would be nice for new players though.

Quite true though, players are never going act in the spirit of the game. They always will look for every possible exploit in the game system if not outright hack.

This is the reason a game like this needs a strong enduring singleplayer element and should never be multiplayer centric.

• Warrior
    297 posts Member

why are you here?

Quite true though, players are never going act in the spirit of the game. They always will look for every possible exploit in the game system if not outright hack.

This is the reason a game like this needs a strong enduring singleplayer element and should never be multiplayer centric.

multiplayer is nice, but to me, it's secondary.
  • ExoSchmo
    742 posts Member
    There's camping and then there's strategic positioning.

If you have a sniper, there is no problem with staying in the same place, that's your job. Don't wanna go to the front and get rekt.

I think of camping as hiding around a corner for long periods of time, waiting for people to walk past.
  • Alex64
    5797 posts Member
    "Camping is awesome, and it takes skill"
    Are you sure?
    tumblr_milbc4oN4C1qg1jmmo1_400.gif

• Berrin
    94 posts Member
    Yeah **** those people who camp the objectives, like what are they even doing to contribute to the game.
    "That one clone trooper who was on the LAAT with general yoda"
    But jokes on you I'm actually Commander Cody
    #CommanderFoxDidTheRightThing
  • Camping is fine but jet packs are not.
  • If your **** is doing nothing but kill one guy every 20-30 seconds and it ain't Blast (and your actually going at least 2-1) your being a sandbagger and need to get those objectives. There's a difference between a defensive player and a camper, so don't try to delude yourself.
  • I hope this guy doesn't ruin the game by camping.

1rrdhv.jpg
    1pw96s.gif
  • It's kind of a gray area IMO. Someone who camps the objective in a game of Supremacy for instance can be a real life saver. For instance, if I know there's a sneaky group of players that is constantly sidestepping the main action to approach my team's control point, I will camp and wait for them while the rest of the team pushes forwards. I have prevented many lost control points that way.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • DarthJ
    6110 posts Member
    I'll camp objectives all day long and not apologize.

Also, I like camping in the woods.

Get the camping stove on and the kettle, and you can't beat it! An extra roomy tent also
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Warrior
    297 posts Member
    as long as there's no exploiting involved, I think it's a great strategy
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    It depends. Camping an objective, going behind enemy lines, or a strategic vantage point is acceptable. Camping corners with a scatter gun, camping with a pulse canon, camping spawn-ins (cough cough Luke carbon freezing chambers) or hero tokens is generally looked down upon
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Warrior
    297 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    It depends. Camping an objective, going behind enemy lines, or a strategic vantage point is acceptable. Camping corners with a scatter gun, camping with a pulse canon, camping spawn-ins (cough cough Luke carbon freezing chambers) or hero tokens is generally looked down upon

we can all agree that spawn killing is not ok
  • In certain scenarios it's acceptable and in some even preferable. Like someone said camping one corner with instant kill weapon is not good gameplay at least not in my opinion.
  • What's Wrong with Camping?
    Nothing is wrong. Everyone can play the way he wants. It depends on the mode if it makes sense.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png