criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Heroes with lightsaber should be able to bend and roll

koldovi2013
453 posts Member
edited July 2017
In the Battlefront II 2005 jedi and sith can bend and roll like any other soldier and I think it would be great if we could do the same in the new Battlefront II
Post edited by koldovi2013 on

Replies

• In the Battlefront II 2005 jedi and sith can bend and roll like any other soldier and I think it would be great if we could do the same in the new Battlefront II

I believe they'll be getting a strafe-like maneuver (basically a side-step) instead. Although I feel they could be able to crouch, they may have it so tapping the crouch button performs the strafe, that way you have more reaction time to dodge in a direction, whereas having to double-tap would slightly hinder your reflexes. And you'll most likely be able to semi-spam it.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • SpaceMan
    216 posts Member
    I think it should be case by case. Vader rolling and crouching would look silly. Luke should definitely roll, but crouching would be weird because what happens when you crouch and attack? Crouch attacks send the wrong signal about dueling too. It suggests there are strategic implications in crouch attacking with a saber. That's pretty messy.

• SpaceMan wrote: »
    I think it should be case by case. Vader rolling and crouching would look silly. Luke should definitely roll, but crouching would be weird because what happens when you crouch and attack? Crouch attacks send the wrong signal about dueling too. It suggests there are strategic implications in crouch attacking with a saber. That's pretty messy.

Thank you for especify
    I agree
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    SpaceMan wrote: »
    Yea
  • I'd love the ability to crouch, I hated how you couldn't crouch with luke in Bf2015. Vader shouldnt be able to , but more mobile heroes should.
  • SandyAni
    762 posts Member
    Flips instead of jumping
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
    Prequel era : yoda, obi wan, Anakin, padme, maul, jango, dooku, grievous,
    Original era: Luke, leia, Han, chewy, Vader, palps, boba, bossk
    New era: Rey, kylo
  • TIEINTERCEPTORS
    8 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Regarding Rey, I never saw if her saber rush/charge had a saber strike at the end of it. If it doesn't, It would look better if it did. When I played Rey, all I saw was her rushing forward with the saber and droids flying everywhere in her wake.
  • ZmanGames
    472 posts Member
    Most could have a flip and some could have roll. Obi-Wan for instance could have a roll while Anakin would have a flip. They could also give a crouch ability.
    "One may be outnumbered, but that doesn't mean they're outmatched."
  • I would prefer acrobatic maneuvers.
  • I would prefer acrobatic maneuvers.

And why not both?
  • I was thinking they could have a "spin/flip" button, were pressing it and a direction in looking would make you spin/flip that way. For example, press forward, jump, and the spin button for a front flip, and you jut change the direction for the desired turn.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • SWymsa
    823 posts Member
    Yes because being able to run 5x faster than anyone else and jump as if wearing a jet pack isn't enough?
  • SWymsa wrote: »
    Yes because being able to run 5x faster than anyone else and jump as if wearing a jet pack isn't enough?

5x faster? It's like 2x-3x, at most. And guess what? They don't have blasters, so they have to get close to use their primary fire/saber attack.

• bfloo
    14990 posts Member
    SpaceMan wrote: »

+1, though attacking from a crouch could be a good tactic in duels.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• SWymsa
    823 posts Member
    Then get good, heros shouldnt be easy to use they should be difficult but rewarding to master.
  • ExoSchmo
    742 posts Member
    I would prefer lightsabers to be able to be sheathed, or turned off, manually. It definitely would help with strategy and not totally give your position away
  • ExoSchmo wrote: »
    I would prefer lightsabers to be able to be sheathed, or turned off, manually. It definitely would help with strategy and not totally give your position away
    Check out my other discussion
    Then get good, heros shouldnt be easy to use they should be difficult but rewarding to master.

So wait, let me see if I understand your logic: if we ask for a button that allows Jedi/Sith to do flips and spins, increasing the complexity of the heroes, it makes it easier? They can't spin/do flips now, and learning how to use it if they were to ever be implemented would take more skill. So how does this mean we should "git gud"? Where's the logic in that statement?

• SWymsa
    823 posts Member
    You give them too many abilities they are harder to kill making it easier for the player.

Don't talk about complexity in regards to Loot-Front, it's designed to be arcade trash.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    I agree, some lightsaber heroes should be able to roll, but not all of them. E.g. Darth Vader, Darth Sidious or Kylo Ren would never roll.
    I would prefer acrobatic maneuvers.
    This as well.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

You give them too many abilities they are harder to kill making it easier for the player.

Don't talk about complexity in regards to Loot-Front, it's designed to be arcade trash.

If you hate Battlefront so much, why are you here?

• Lightsaber heroes should be able to do front flips and back flips when they jump :)
  • SWymsa
    823 posts Member
    SWymsa wrote: »

Voicing opinions lol
    Why are you here? :smirk:
    SWymsa wrote: »

Voicing opinions lol
    Why are you here? :smirk:

Voicing opinions :trollface: