criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Ultimate (unlock everything) pack for Battlefront 2

Prev1
TheStalker88
6084 posts Member
edited July 2017
Like in Battlefront 1 and Battlefield 1 where you can unlock everything at once by buying one pack, I hope such feature exists in this game as well. Loot crates with chances of getting random cards is too big of a pain. I'd rather just pay them 60 and unlock everything at once. That would also cover for the price of a season pass if one was ever to exist.

Replies

• Like in Battlefront 1 and Battlefield 1 where you can unlock everything at once by buying one pack, I hope such thing exists in this game. Loot crates with chances of getting random cards is too big of a pain. I'd rather just pay them 60 and unlock everything at once. That would also cover for the price of a season pass if one was ever to exist.

The point is to earn it, not buy everything and anything you want.
  • Lonnisity
    1946 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    It'll be a LOT more than $60 probably lol
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Like in Battlefront 1 and Battlefield 1 where you can unlock everything at once by buying one pack, I hope such thing exists in this game. Loot crates with chances of getting random cards is too big of a pain. I'd rather just pay them 60 and unlock everything at once. That would also cover for the price of a season pass if one was ever to exist.

Well you could in previous games so why not? Not everyone has time on their hands to unlock everything anyways.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Lonnisity wrote: »
    It'll be a LOT more than $60 probably lol

The previous season pass was 60 so going any higher would be asking for it.
  • SalsaMan
    88 posts Member
    This idea seems good but I think it would unlock all the star cards at rare instead of epic from the start so people still have to play.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Maybe as a cheaper version but also make epic crates for each class or hero with 1 guaranteed epic card for each category. Still, I want to unlock everything at once regardless.
  • EBxSW
    4 posts Member
    This may be one of the worst ideas i ever saw in a while

and i saw a lot of bad ideas ...
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Well this worst idea happened in previous games so it's not all that bad, is it? It might not happen right away but couple of months after release it will.
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    So you basically want this to be p2w like BF1 EA? No thanks.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    And with the loot crates it somehow isn't? You'll never get the same cards with grinding if you don't pay, maybe months or years later. I'd rather just unlock everything and not waste my time grinding or gambling with the loot crates.
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    And with the loot crates it somehow isn't? You'll never get the same cards with grinding if you don't pay, maybe months or years later. I'd rather just unlock everything and not waste my time grinding or gambling with the loot crates.

I don't think EA/DICE will go through with this, fortunately.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
  • bigjay
    787 posts Member
    I'd like a all one price.
    PSN : BIG_JAY_ALLDAY it should have been this way day 1
  • SpaceMan
    216 posts Member
    the point is not to "earn it." The point is to get addicted to a gambling skinner box and gamble for it. They won't charge a flat rate because, with a gambling machine, they can get an indefinite amount out of a give customer. Why charge 50 bucks for all the content when one customer could pay hundreds at the slot machine?

We are being abused as customers. They have no respect or ethics.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Looks like a skinner box alright but as with Battlefield 1 and Battlefront we will see an all unlock option sooner or later imo. Gambling is the first phase followed by all unlock phase.
  • Like in Battlefront 1 and Battlefield 1 where you can unlock everything at once by buying one pack, I hope such feature exists in this game as well. Loot crates with chances of getting random cards is too big of a pain. I'd rather just pay them 60 and unlock everything at once. That would also cover for the price of a season pass if one was ever to exist.

Hell no. This is a bad idea and ruins the fun for everyone that can't afford to shell out the money for in game items.
  • Then gamble away with loot crates all you want and spend more money in the process.
  • al72094
    55 posts Member
    I am already against in game purchases. This is going way to far. Not a fan of an unlock all.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I'd rather unlock all with one purchase than waste months grinding for a chance to unlock something cool. I don't have time to grind for things in games. We all know the system will either force heavy and tedious grinding or pay to win with loot crates.
  • I'd rather unlock all with one purchase than waste months grinding for a chance to unlock something cool. I don't have time to grind for things in games.

then its literally pay to win. so no.
  • It's pay to win one way or the other. Who cares?
  • Xerxes52
    599 posts Member
    Haven't kit shortcuts been a fixture in all of DICE's recent titles? I'm pretty sure you'll get your wish OP.
    To think that once I could not see beyond the veil of our reality, to see those who dwell behind.
  • It's pay to win one way or the other. Who cares?

its worse the way you suggest it. so someone can pay 60$ and get everything in the game while the rest who payed for the game have to grind for weeks / months to get the same thing you got in 1 minute?

Nah. how about no.
  • Yeah that's true but only like 6 months after release lol.
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Starcatraz wrote: »
    It's pay to win one way or the other. Who cares?

its worse the way you suggest it. so someone can pay 60$ and get everything in the game while the rest who payed for the game have to grind for weeks / months to get the same thing you got in 1 minute?

Nah. how about no.

This^
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited July 2017

Nah. how about no.

Some people don't have time to grind for months or excessive money to gamble with loot crates and a chance to get bad cards as well.
  • Starcatraz wrote: »

Nah. how about no.

Some people don't have time to grind for months or excessive money to gamble with loot crates and a chance to get bad cards as well.

some people dont want to go up against people who spent 60$ to basically gain an instant advantage over others.

no. If you dont have time to grind then dont play the game. they said they want to make it rewarding.
  • Like in Battlefront 1 and Battlefield 1 where you can unlock everything at once by buying one pack, I hope such feature exists in this game as well. Loot crates with chances of getting random cards is too big of a pain. I'd rather just pay them 60 and unlock everything at once. That would also cover for the price of a season pass if one was ever to exist.

So basically you want P2W?
    PSN - themancharlie25
    Phase II is the best! #CommanderFoxDidTheRightThing
    This sector is clear. NOT CLEAR. NOT CLEAR.

• And with the loot crates it somehow isn't? You'll never get the same cards with grinding if you don't pay, maybe months or years later. I'd rather just unlock everything and not waste my time grinding or gambling with the loot crates.

Taking the easy way, you are.
    PSN - themancharlie25

• Starcatraz wrote: »

Nah. how about no.

But it's better for thousands of people to unlock every single thing in the game at once? You're making no sense.
    PSN - themancharlie25

• SpaceMan
    216 posts Member
    both solutions are stupid.

An actual gameplay advantage should NEVER be available to only portions of the community who can pay money for them.

Crossgrades should be optional paid content. Costumes and other cosmetics as well.

Pay 2 win is wrong.

the system they're implementing, which is pay 2 gamble 2 win, is both wrong and sleazy and unethical and abusive towards us, the customers.
  • SpaceMan wrote: »
    both solutions are ****.

An actual gameplay advantage should NEVER be available to only portions of the community who can pay money for them.

Crossgrades should be optional paid content. Costumes and other cosmetics as well.

Pay 2 win is wrong.

the system they're implementing, which is pay 2 gamble 2 win, is both wrong and sleazy and unethical and abusive towards us, the customers.

i say we petition against such a thing!
  • SpaceMan
    216 posts Member
    the fact that they're implementing it at all already means they don't care, don't respect us, and are willing to subject us to a skinner box to bilk us for money in an unethical way.
  • The idea alone that you should spend money to unlock everything is ridiculous. I should be able to do that for free.

This is not an RPGMMO where you unlock stuff by leveling up, which is almost the only genre an unlock system makes sense in. Why am I not be able to choose a weapon I want to play with, but instead have to unlock it.

Just imagine if CSS or CSGO, TF2 or Overwatch, had a progression system for unlocking weapons. Totally ridiculous!
  • Please don't ask for pay to win
  • BASCommando
    8 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    As long as they charge something like $1000 for people with more money than sense I'm down. They can recoup costs quickly off of them all they want.
  • Sssoul
    26 posts Member
    SpaceMan wrote: »
    both solutions are ****.

Pay 2 win is wrong.

i say we petition against such a thing!

where do i sign
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    Well I guess people will buy themselves to victory anyways so this doesn't phase me.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    In a perfect world it would be best if cards were unlocked like in Hutt contracts where you have to meet a certain progression and criteria, making the loot crates only focus on cosmetics, skins, races, gun customizations or extra guns or heroes. This isnt the best way to charge people at all but if that's what they're gonna do then might as well give them a 60 to unlock everything.

I'd get rid of loot crates altogether and charge only for extra heroes or exclusive guns/cards and skins. Heroes especially would entice people to buy them.
  • AlexM
    195 posts Member
    Like in Battlefront 1 and Battlefield 1 where you can unlock everything at once by buying one pack, I hope such thing exists in this game. Loot crates with chances of getting random cards is too big of a pain. I'd rather just pay them 60 and unlock everything at once. That would also cover for the price of a season pass if one was ever to exist.

LoL, except you can still buy everything and not earn anything with the current system.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Yeah and even if you earn credits they're just used for gambling to unlock crates and a chance to get good tier cards. Basically all progression is blind luck and gambling, with or without paying real money.

Devs need to make purchases only for bonus skins, weapons and heroes. Progression should be like with Hutt contracts where you buy and unlock cards by meeting criteria in the game.
  • How about just all the base stuff at common level, and some scrap and credits?
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Noone wants common stuff. Either rare or epic.
  • Noone wants common stuff. Either rare or epic.

Then uncommon at most. Epic is far too much, and it's an instant pay2win early on.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Piscettios
    5868 posts Member
    Hey let's reward EA for their nickel and diming system....with more money!

Awful idea.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Noone wants common stuff. Either rare or epic.

Then uncommon at most. Epic is far too much, and it's an instant pay2win early on.

Nah it won't be because it'll be available 6 months later, not right away. I mean all unlock.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Hey let's reward EA for their nickel and diming system....with more money!

Awful idea.

Better to go all in and unlock all than just buy to gamble and get uncertain results and risk blowing times more money. Hmm?

Yoda knows...hmmm yes
  • AlexM
    195 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I think the issue with the micro-transactions is actually the base game itself. In games that have progression based on time played, you could argue that it gives an advantage to people who play more. This is true, but those unlocks gave you alternative ways to play, and had advantages and disadvantages. For example, in Battlefield 4, a higher level weapon may excel in killing but have very high recoil as a penalty. In this sense, it's not play2win as you have drawbacks to the higher level gear. With the Battlefront 2 system, you get all advantage and no disadvantage. The issue is not with pay2win, as the structure they have in place would still give an advantage to those who play more, by gaining stat bonuses just because you play more.
    Another example of this play2win or pay2win structure is in Halo Wars 2 Blitz, where your units would level up and gain higher stats with no drawbacks just because you play more or pay more than your opponent.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    I definitely won't be spending any real money on things that aren't guaranteed.
  • Jesbro
    622 posts Member
    I wouldn't mind them adding this as long as it is so expensive that hardly anyone buys it!

That way most will grind the normal way and even if some do buy it at least they will be contributing a lot to making the game better!
  • firefly2003
    95 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Darkaid wrote: »
    So you basically want this to be p2w like BF1 EA? No thanks.

Sadly its going to happen anyway, they did it with the last 3 Battlefield games , Battlefront 1 and it will happen with Battlefront 2, EA has to make their money somewhere if their not pumping people for money for a season pass.