criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Twitter and other news regarding BFII 2.0

Replies

• Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member

From BFUpdates, SWHQ has the same if you prefer them.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Monday, all signatures will be text only. The gifs are way too much

But, but... Regular pictures?
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    DOWNWARDZ wrote: »
    Jarrad wrote: »

Well, guess perhaps Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Padme won't be in the game at launch.

It's a baffling decision to say the least.

It's like if Luke, Han, and Leia were not included in the original game.

Who is making these calls and what's there reasoning?

Especially after getting Greedo and Nien Nunb as a Villain and a Hero, although, I grew to like them later.

Maybe it is all part of a free seasonal pack thing to spread out hero drops by eras over the year and designed to keep players interested in the game longer. Note to battlefront overlords: This is star wars. There is no need to drop free content over a long period, unless of course it is not ready at launch.

Maybe it is all part of not having too many similar type heroes available in mp, thus making the playing of similar heroes types redundant and throwing off game balance. To which, there is no reason to further exclude them for the offline modes. I say add the heroes that will not be include in mp to skirmish and any other type of offline modes available.

Still, you'd assume that at least ONE of the main character of the Prequel Trilogy would be available at launch.
    NickygUrl wrote: »

Especially after getting Greedo and Nien Nunb as a Villain and a Hero, although, I grew to like them later.

I bet obiwan will, but not the others

I was thinking the same.

We all saw Obi-Wan's Hero Ship, the Delta-7 Jedi Star fighter, present in Kamino Concept Art battling against Jango Fett's Slave I.

I'm certain EA/DICE wouldn't leave out Obi-Wan, he probably just hasn't been made yet, but I could be wrong.

Still, I don't know why the Republic would only get ONE Hero at launch, Yoda, while the Separatists will get multiple Villains at launch.
  • DOWNWARDZ
    1067 posts Member

Maybe it is all part of a free seasonal pack thing to spread out hero drops by eras over the year and designed to keep players interested in the game longer. Note to battlefront overlords: This is star wars. There is no need to drop free content over a long period, unless of course it is not ready at launch.

Maybe it is all part of not having too many similar type heroes available in mp, thus making the playing of similar heroes types redundant and throwing off game balance. To which, there is no reason to further exclude them for the offline modes. I say add the heroes that will not be include in mp to skirmish and any other type of offline modes available.

Still, you'd assume that at least ONE of the main character of the Prequel Trilogy would be available at launch.

I was thinking the same.

We all saw Obi-Wan's Hero Ship, the Delta-7 Jedi Star fighter, present in Kamino Concept Art battling against Jango Fett's Slave I.

I'm certain EA/DICE wouldn't leave out Obi-Wan, he probably just hasn't been made yet, but I could be wrong.

Still, I don't know why the Republic would only get ONE Hero at launch, Yoda, while the Separatists will get multiple Villains at launch.

Maybe they are holding off announcing obi-wan as a hero, so they can show case his ship as part of a Space Battles specific reveal trailer in the future.
  • Jarrad wrote: »

I was thinking the same.

I'm going to go ahead and predict that Obi-Wan will be at launch since we already know his ship is in the game. If Anakin isn't at launch, I'm betting one of the first DLC seasons will pair him up with Dooku. Ahsoka will probably get matched with Ventress. As for Padmé, I'm not sure what Separatist villain they could pair her with. Aurra Sing? Zam Wessel? Either one could be interesting as a sniper character.
  • Jarrad wrote: »

I was thinking the same.

I'm going to go ahead and predict that Obi-Wan will be at launch since we already know his ship is in the game. If Anakin isn't at launch, I'm betting one of the first DLC seasons will pair him up with Dooku. Ahsoka will probably get matched with Ventress. As for Padmé, I'm not sure what Separatist villain they could pair her with. Aurra Sing? Zam Wessel? Either one could be interesting as a sniper character.
    If Jango is in the game, Padme should be paired with Aurra Sing. As at one point in TCW, they were rivals. Wookieepedia describes her as one of the most powerful and ruthless bounty hunter in the galaxy, as well as an expert sniper and trained assassin. And it would be cool for the CIS to have a Sniper Villain.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • As for Padmé, I'm not sure what Separatist villain they could pair her with. Aurra Sing? Zam Wessel? Either one could be interesting as a sniper character.

Of the two arguably bad choices, I'd have to say Zam would be the least bad choice. She might actually bring some uniqueness to the table, being a Clawdite and all.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • As for Padmé, I'm not sure what Separatist villain they could pair her with. Aurra Sing? Zam Wessel? Either one could be interesting as a sniper character.

Of the two arguably bad choices, I'd have to say Zam would be the least bad choice. She might actually bring some uniqueness to the table, being a Clawdite and all.

I don't know, maybe if they gave her a holographic clothes changer to go with her face changing. If it's just her changing her face in the same outfit though, that would be pointless. That's about the only worthwhile thing she brings to the table though, she's a pretty fail character otherwise. Still better than Greedo though ;).

Aurra Sing is a total bad#@$ though. I'd much prefer her to Zam.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • DOWNWARDZ
    1067 posts Member

I was thinking the same.

Seeing how Zam tried to assassinate Padme.. Zam would be the proper counter villian.
  • Alex64
    7617 posts Member
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Ahsoka, Jyn, Leia and Rey confirmed.
    Now I know why...
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • bfloo
    15663 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

Star wars is now for 3 year old girls .... :(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

You wish.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

The series Forces of Destiny, but not the characters.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

I was 4 or 5 and a girl when I first saw star wars.

I always thought it was for all ages. This show doesnt change that. It just means star wars has a crappy cartoon is all now
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

Star Wars is for everyone, no matter what gender or age they are.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

Exactly, so make series that are for everyone
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

The targeted group of this series are not male adults. It runs on purpose on Disney channel. But you can still enjoy it even if you are not a 5 years old girl. However, I am only watching the Ahsoka episodes.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

The targeted group of this series are not male adults. It runs on purpose on Disney channel. But you can still enjoy it even if you are not a 5 years old girl. However, I am only watching the Ahsoka episodes.
    No, the SW Twitter said the target of the series is for everyone, boys and girls alike. I'm pretty sure girls would have no problem watching a series based on boys instead.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

No, the SW Twitter said the target of the series is for everyone, boys and girls alike.
    Lol
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

No, the SW Twitter said the target of the series is for everyone, boys and girls alike.
    Lol
    Funny because it's the truth, I'm just saying. And why only watch the episodes featuring Ahsoka?
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

Lol
    Funny because it's the truth, I'm just saying. And why only watch the episodes featuring Ahsoka?

Check his or her username
  • DOWNWARDZ
    1067 posts Member
    I am still waiting for Disney to announce a TV live action series pilot episode, "Exploits of Cassian & H2S0 - A Star Wars Story".
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

Lol

Yeah but, no respect for OT or ST characters?
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

Lol

Idk. I don't watch the show. The show just shows that they are taking the franchise in the wrong direction
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

Lol

Idk. I don't watch the show. The show just shows that they are taking the franchise in the wrong direction
    How? It looks great to me, did you want them to continue TCW instead?
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

Lol

I like everything of Star Wars :)
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

Lol

I like everything of Star Wars :)
    image.png

fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

Lol

Assuming that's sarcasm
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

Lol

Assuming that's sarcasm
    No, that was a serious question.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

Lol

Assuming that's sarcasm

So you enjoy forces of destiny and think it's a great show?
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

Lol

Id like a show thats like the latter seasons of the CW but to either take place between 6 and 7 or during the Old Republic.
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

Lol

Assuming that's sarcasm

As a matter of fact, I enjoy it very much, a great show overall. Although, I doubt anything will beat The Clone Wars, I hope they bring it back someday.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

Lol

Assuming that's sarcasm

As a matter of fact, I enjoy it very much, a great show overall. Although, I doubt anything will beat The Clone Wars, I hope they bring it back someday.

Almost no chance that will happen. Like I said earlier they are taking the franchise in a different direction. CW would be to violent for their kiddie audience they are appealing too
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

Lol

Assuming that's sarcasm

Almost no chance that will happen. Like I said earlier they are taking the franchise in a different direction. CW would be to violent for their kiddie audience they are appealing too

To be fair rebels kill storm troopers and more pretty often (they're not restricting death I mean), TFA had an entire solar system destroyed, and.. rogue one.. yea.
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

Lol

Assuming that's sarcasm

The PT is taking a break right now, TCW might come back someday.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

Lol

Assuming that's sarcasm

Maybe a watered down kiddie version like rebels
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

Lol

Assuming that's sarcasm

Don't jump to conclusions because of a show they JUST started.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

Lol

Assuming that's sarcasm

Lets be real, aside from some filler, latter in season 2 up to present, the show got much more interesting. You cant say clone wars didnt have its fair share of stupid episodes too. Like the ones with Jar Jar or the droids and the like.

Rebels ended up being very good. In fact if it wasnt ended so quickly and they gave us a couple more seasons that were as focused as the latter episodes, it would be very close to CW level
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

Lol

Assuming that's sarcasm

Rebels didn't just start?
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

Lol

Assuming that's sarcasm

I meant Forces of Destiny, since it's apparently just for kids.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • They are deviating from the topic of this thread.
    giphy.gif
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    They are deviating from the topic of this thread.

That happens on all twitter threads for a time until someone posts another tweet to discuse
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »

That happens on all twitter threads for a time until someone posts another tweet to discuse
    It all started with that one tweet from Dennis.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

Lol

Assuming that's sarcasm

Before this thread gets totally derailed off topic I'm just going to say this; my point is I think they are taking the franchise in the wrong direction by making everything so kid friendly, I think Rebels could be a lot better but are restricted because they have to air it on the Disney channel. Forces of destiny is another example of more time spent making silly shows targeted towards really young children. Continued practice in doing that will make people think that SW is mainly a franchise for young kids and that everything they make will be ok for young kids to watch
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    Strogg1980 wrote: »

It all started with that one tweet from Dennis.

Lol. Yeah its easy to get distracted,especially when a topic can so smoothly lead into another
    img_2092.jpg?w=656
    Now I know why...

Lol

Assuming that's sarcasm

Before this thread gets totally derailed off topic I'm just going to say this; my point is I think they are taking the franchise in the wrong direction by making everything so kid friendly, I think Rebels could be a lot better but are restricted because they have to air it on the Disney channel. Forces of destiny is another example of more time spent making silly shows targeted towards really young children. Continued practice in doing that will make people think that SW is mainly a franchise for young kids and that everything they make will be ok for young kids to watch
    Fair enough.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • gcardoso
    140 posts Member
    tbh yeah new show is for kids only , say want you want, but u cant deny it.

is it a wrong direction ? no. They just want to get more audience more fans and more love for the show. they are expanding this to all ages.

i will not watch this show, but i dont think it was a wrong move. im waiting for s3 rebels though
  • gcardoso wrote: »

is it a wrong direction ? no. They just want to get more audience more fans and more love for the show. they are expanding this to all ages.

i will not watch this show, but i dont think it was a wrong move. im waiting for s3 rebels though
    NO, it's not for kids only. It's for EVERYONE. PERIOD.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif

Are you working for Disney marketing? :D
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

Are you working for Disney marketing? :D
    I mean, the SW Twitter agrees with me.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif