criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Twitter and other news regarding BFII 2.0

Replies

• Alex64 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Liz4rD wrote: »
    Don't care about this game anymore.

2 weeks past since you said you unninstalled the game, and still here on several threads saying that 'you dont care anymore about the game'.

SMH

Where in the forums i said i unnistalled the game?
    Quote it please.

The point still stands: You don't care anymore, yet here you are posting about how you don't care in a news thread.

And yet you still quoting something i posted, listen, the truth is that there's no more happy news for this game, all that i read here is only mere speculation.

Ha ha! What does me quoting you have to do with anything? What are you, 12?

Somehow it makes it okay to post in a thread about news that you're finished with the game? Why are you still here if you're done? You prove yourself a liar by continuing to post on these forums. Stop posting irrelevant stuff on this thread. If it's not news, or discussion about said news, do not post here. No further discussion on this will be had.

Note: "I'm done with the game." is not game news related discussion, it's an announcement of you quitting.

"So long as you continue to be so predictable I need not face you at all. You are your own worst enemy".- Tassadar

Did someone beat you in the game fairly and you're upset? Was it not bugged or due to lag or a hack and it made you cry? Then please fill out this form and follow it's instructions for sending to the appropriate people.

2 weeks past since you said you unninstalled the game, and still here on several threads saying that 'you dont care anymore about the game'.

SMH

Quote it please.

The point still stands: You don't care anymore, yet here you are posting about how you don't care in a news thread.

And yet you still quoting something i posted, listen, the truth is that there's no more happy news for this game, all that i read here is only mere speculation.

Somehow it makes it okay to post in a thread about news that you're finished with the game? Why are you still here if you're done? You prove yourself a liar by continuing to post on these forums. Stop posting irrelevant stuff on this thread. If it's not news, or discussion about said news, do not post here. No further discussion on this will be had.

Note: "I'm done with the game." is not game news related discussion, it's an announcement of you quitting.

Hey, lets not fight guys. Calm down, this is a news thread.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Hey, this is in reference to the sound bug.

It's about time. In my opinion the game shouldn't have been put out the door with that bug. To have been reported about from Alpha all the way through the end of Beta and still exist a year after launch is not cool. But I'm glad it is getting a fix finally.

"So long as you continue to be so predictable I need not face you at all. You are your own worst enemy".- Tassadar

Did someone beat you in the game fairly and you're upset? Was it not bugged or due to lag or a hack and it made you cry? Then please fill out this form and follow it's instructions for sending to the appropriate people.
  • Hey, this is in reference to the sound bug.

It's about time. In my opinion the game shouldn't have been put out the door with that bug. To have been reported about from Alpha all the way through the end of Beta and still exist a year after launch is not cool. But I'm glad it is getting a fix finally.

Engine Level ... LoL ... so many issues with DICE titles are at the "Engine Level". Wonder when the engine will get an overhaul and maybe improve the gameplay experience for their titles...
    Frostbite is a bit of a joke when it comes to actual game play mechanics...
  • LeftTurnus wrote: »
    Hey, this is in reference to the sound bug.

Engine Level ... LoL ... so many issues with DICE titles are at the "Engine Level". Wonder when the engine will get an overhaul and maybe improve the gameplay experience for their titles...
    Frostbite is a bit of a joke when it comes to actual game play mechanics...

It's not necessarily the engine itself. Often it's the tools for making the game work on the engine, or making the engine do what they want it to do don't want to cooperate or just flat out suck. So if the tools aren't operating right because they were poorly built/optimized (like Origin) they'll have a hard time with it.

• This may not be 100% related to BFII, but Jade Raymond (founder and head of Motive Studios that made the campaign mode) has left Motive and EA.

I suspect that the same thing has happened with her as happened with Amy Henig; EA micromanagers forcing her and her team to change their Star Wars game to include MTXs, multiplayer, and other things that would all but ruin their game. So maybe this does have something to do with BFII since it's likely related to this game's biggest problem; EA.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • I suspect that the same thing has happened with her as happened with Amy Henig; EA micromanagers forcing her and her team to change their Star Wars game to include MTXs, multiplayer, and other things that would all but ruin their game. So maybe this does have something to do with BFII since it's likely related to this game's biggest problem; EA.

EA is really good at acquiring great studios and turning them in to Out of Business studios. They bring in great talent and crush their souls to make more money. Sad for the gaming community.

• JMaster
    2285 posts Member
    grimmace2 wrote: »
    I suspect that the same thing has happened with her as happened with Amy Henig; EA micromanagers forcing her and her team to change their Star Wars game to include MTXs, multiplayer, and other things that would all but ruin their game. So maybe this does have something to do with BFII since it's likely related to this game's biggest problem; EA.

EA is really good at acquiring great studios and turning them in to Out of Business studios. They bring in great talent and crush their souls to make more money. Sad for the gaming community.

Amy Henig created Uncharted.
    Jade Raymond created Assassin's Creed.
    Both of these talented women have left EA this year. 'Nuff said.
    They worked on those? That's awesome! Shame that they've been spat out by the corporate machination, just like Floyd said.
    "Welcome my son... Welcome, to, the Machine...
    What did you dream? It's alright we told you what to dream.
    "
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »

Amy Henig created Uncharted.
    Jade Raymond created Assassin's Creed.
    Both of these talented women have left EA this year. 'Nuff said.

I know Jade was also involved in one of the Tom Clancy games (Splinter Cell I think) and it seems that according to Wikipedia she was also involved with Visceral's infamous project... Wow.
    May your heart be your guiding key.

SMH

Quote it please.

Guys please take it easy. The last thing we need is for this to be closed after so long.
  • il96
    584 posts Member
    This may not be 100% related to BFII, but Jade Raymond (founder and head of Motive Studios that made the campaign mode) has left Motive and EA.

What a rocket! hahaha
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • This may not be 100% related to BFII, but Jade Raymond (founder and head of Motive Studios that made the campaign mode) has left Motive and EA.

Yeah. This game is going downhill. Broken heroes, lousy map design, connection problems, lack of new content and poor communication to name just a few items. At least the chickens are working as intended.

SMH

Quote it please.

Guys please take it easy. The last thing we need is for this to be closed after so long.

You're late on that. Also, I already stated that the discussion of it shall not continue as it derails the thread.

SMH

Quote it please.

You're late on that. Also, I already stated that the discussion of it shall not continue as it derails the thread.

It does derail the thread, which is why I asked for it to be stopped. I do see now that the discussion was a couple of days old, so sorry on that.
  • I would like to post some more twitter info but last time I did it wouldn't post. Said it needed to be reviewed/approved. That was days ago. If we're getting yelled at for derailing a thread, maybe approving the posts that are on topic should be in order.
  • JMaster
    2285 posts Member
    Did I hear Dennis is taking over the official DICE feed?

"I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Devlin21 wrote: »

Oh I've just been watching the stream by BFUpdates, it's been a very enjoyable stream, and it's nice to see all the happiness in the chat right now. Very refreshing.
  • May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Dennis takeover started.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• People losing their ***** on Twitter over this tweet even though it's incredibly vague and confirms nothing.

I expect Star Wars HQ to make a 20 minute video about all the content that could be added which they'll frame as being definitively confirmed by Dennis thus disappointing everyone who watches the video when they realise it's not happening.
    Also, do people seriously not realise that most games of the shooter genre continue to be supported even though they no longer have any new content? They generally do continuous bug fixing and server maintenance to keep the game playable for a few years, so just because Dennis says they're not abandoning the game after the Anakin update doesn't mean there will be any substantive content like heroes, planets, skins, or even weapons. If anything, there might be more challenges and event weekends and maybe some new sectioned-off maps for existing modes, but I can't see this game making enough money off post-release game sales and skins to be able to fund the kind of substantive content people would want.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
  • People losing their **** on Twitter over this tweet even though it's incredibly vague and confirms nothing.

I expect Star Wars HQ to make a 20 minute video about all the content that could be added which they'll frame as being definitively confirmed by Dennis thus disappointing everyone who watches the video when they realise it's not happening.
    Also, do people seriously not realise that most games of the shooter genre continue to be supported even though they no longer have any new content? They generally do continuous bug fixing and server maintenance to keep the game playable for a few years, so just because Dennis says they're not abandoning the game after the Anakin update doesn't mean there will be any substantive content like heroes, planets, skins, or even weapons. If anything, there might be more challenges and event weekends and maybe some new sectioned-off maps for existing modes, but I can't see this game making enough money off post-release game sales and skins to be able to fund the kind of substantive content people would want.

Not trying to offend anyone here, but you, kind sir, are one of the most realistic people I've met on this forum. Thank you.
    ==============================================================
    3ydnuscizll8.png
    Mygeeto CT thread + demo video!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/133499/outer-rim-community-transmission-demo-video-idea/p1
  • People losing their **** on Twitter over this tweet even though it's incredibly vague and confirms nothing.

Not trying to offend anyone here, but you, kind sir, are one of the most realistic people I've met on this forum. Thank you.

That is both warm praise and a damning endictment of these forums. Thanks. :)
    My Concepts
  • Greivous and Obi-Wan in-game banter.
    My Concepts

You should have seen Reddit after the Grievous Community Transmission.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Has anyone asked him about GG’s Soulless One?
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    tumblr_o1tpjnD9zS1uijnlro6_250.gif

Thank The Maker
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • JMaster
    2285 posts Member
    Has anyone asked him about GG’s Soulless One?
    I twited. I doubt anything will come of it : /.
    He knew.
  • guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys grievous looks like grievous
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys grievous looks like grievous

19h8kjsentsj.png
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Greivous and Obi-Wan in-game banter.

Now this, this is the Obi-Wan and Grievous we've needed for so long. And if this is how these two react with each other, I can't wait to see how they interact with the cast overall, or between Obi-Wan and Anakin.

I would say three thirty minute click bait videos featuring Mace Windu, Snoke, and Jango Fett in the thumbnails.

• "So long as you continue to be so predictable I need not face you at all. You are your own worst enemy".- Tassadar

If you think twitter and reddit exploded with that... Imagine what will happen when they process this:

Emphasis on "transformable robots" and "dual wielding pistol tech"...
  • Dash
    11701 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »
    People losing their **** on Twitter over this tweet even though it's incredibly vague and confirms nothing.

If you think twitter and reddit exploded with that... Imagine what will happen when they process this:

Was wondering how long it would take for someone to link that lol.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• TheScape wrote: »
    People losing their **** on Twitter over this tweet even though it's incredibly vague and confirms nothing.

Yes, unfortunately a lot of people are going to assume this means that the likes of Rex and Droidekas are all but confirmed even though the phrase "exploring tech" is more likely indicative of them trying to figure out how to do in a future game, not this one. It is, for logical thinkers, clear from this statement that this game doesn't have the capabilities for dual-wielding characters like Rex, Jango Fett, and ARC troopers, or transformable robots like droidekas, hence why devs are being allowed to try and figure it out on ther own time so they can implement it in a future game. But, of course, too many people don't or can't use any logic, so I guess #DroidekasConfirmed.
    My Concepts
  • Rugbymaster1
    1109 posts Member
    edited October 2018

It's all about damage control and righting the ship so ea can move forward with the franchise.

Edit: to be more clear I'm saying I don't think the priority is making money off the game anymore as much as trying to make fans happy and get good will back so I don't expect content to be tied to income.

Pffffffffff, I have better.

Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Whodunnit wrote: »

This man is about to drive me crazy!
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Whodunnit wrote: »

This is a tongue-in-cheek joke based on the context of the quoted tweet. Nothing to get excited about.
    My Concepts
  • TheScape
    2309 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I think that link is relevant here (due to the discussion about the game updates post-Anakin):

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/122840/an-update-on-the-roadmap-deployment#latest

EDIT: More info from Ben on the comments https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/9rajxx/an_update_on_the_roadmap_deployment/

Yes, unfortunately a lot of people are going to assume this means that the likes of Rex and Droidekas are all but confirmed even though the phrase "exploring tech" is more likely indicative of them trying to figure out how to do in a future game, not this one. It is, for logical thinkers, clear from this statement that this game doesn't have the capabilities for dual-wielding characters like Rex, Jango Fett, and ARC troopers, or transformable robots like droidekas, hence why devs are being allowed to try and figure it out on ther own time so they can implement it in a future game. But, of course, too many people don't or can't use any logic, so I guess #DroidekasConfirmed.

Don't assume they haven't been working on it long enough to have it mostly, if not completely, figured out yet. He didn't say when they started exploring it.