criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Twitter and other news regarding BFII 2.0

1929394959698Next

Replies

• When a Clone skin gets delayed :D

Another update with ONE hero that we all get to clamour over for the next month. You’re too kind, DICE. Too kind.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Gaz wrote: »

Are you serious? First they nerf the AT-TE, then they buff the AT-TE, and now they nerf it again!? Make up your mind! I know the results of an update are ever-changing, but really? The clones usually loose the first phase! To be fair I guess I wouldn’t know how often the clones win since I hardly ever get this map.
    “Your overconfidence is your weakness.” - Luke Skywalker
  • Mouse92im
    138 posts Member
    edited January 22
    The AT-TEs are server side adjustable. Not sure why this couldn’t be done at anytime. Why the facade?
  • Mouse92im wrote: »
    The AT-TEs are server side adjustable. Not sure why this couldn’t be done at anytime. Why the facade?

Could have been done two weeks ago. I am assuming there is some kind of corporate process or something.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Some stuff worth checking from reddit:

About Geonosis balancing
    F8RGE wrote:
    We're doing stuff based on our telemetry and also pulling levers that don't require us to release a content update or a hard coded fix.

Changing things that we have available 'on the server' makes things a lot easier. If we this works well, then great. If not, we can tweak more without having to wait for a deployment.

About the Coruscant Guard delay
    F8RGE wrote:
    It was a tough choice and one that we didn't take lightly. Ultimately we didn't want to release appearances now and then have a rework a month later.

Not only could that be frustrating for players but it also removes us from the situation where we are making changes and then have to change things again.

About armored officers coming tomorrow
    F8RGE wrote:
    No, they are part of the Clone Trooper stuff in February.

About objective score
    F8RGE wrote:
    Just brought this up with the team. The reason you are getting lower credits is your overall scoreboard placement. Increasing BP reward for playing the objective is a QoL fix we are looking at including.

About the stats page and priorities
    F8RGE wrote:
    "Doesn't reply" Steady on now, you can easily check through my posting history to see that I do reply to stuff.

What part of "if we had something to say, we'd say it" is difficult to understand? I cannot talk about things until they are ready to be talked about, regardless of if it's yes or no. This is the same for every other game out there.

We care about a lot of things, but there is always a priority. What do you want, a stats page or new game mode? These are the kind of decisions we have to make, we're going to make some people unhappy but we will hopefully make others happy. No matter what we do, we will always be making someone unhappy to accuse us enough of not caring.

Disclaimer before this turns into "MoDe EqUaLs StAtS pAgE", i'm not saying they are equal in terms of resource, just using them as an example. Everything we've added comes at the expense of something else.

If you have cats playing the game I'm more than happy to take a look and reply accordingly. It will probably be more constructive to this sub than your comment.
    More stats page stuff
    F8RGE wrote:
    Just because something gets data mined doesn't mean it's ready to be shipped. This is how the whole Droideka stuff happened, things got left in a a build when they shouldn't be.

Priorities might change, which is one of the hardest things we have to account for. Stats page will require a lot of UI work, not to mention QA as well as other areas such as online engineering. We've got a great team but we can't magic extra working days out of the air, sadly.

I suggest to read the comments in context (that's why I also provided the link).
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • When the transmission/patch notes for tomorrow??
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    When the transmission/patch notes for tomorrow??

Taking into account the time at which they are usually posted... I would say an hour from now,
  • IronSoldier
    2936 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    When the transmission/patch notes for tomorrow??

In the next hour or 2 hopefully.
  • MBSONIC
    358 posts Member
    edited January 23
    Gaz wrote: »

That’s actually an impressive mod. It looks just like the actor. Did they use kylo’s Face with a little of Luke’s hair?
  • Have they announced when the Chewbacca buff is coming? It didn’t seem to be in today’s update.
  • Have they announced when the Chewbacca buff is coming? It didn’t seem to be in today’s update.

It was a joke, I believe. The hashtag in the tweet was the punchline.
  • Gaz
    48 posts Member

No word on the new large-scale mode
  • Gaz wrote: »

In the comment section Ben said that they would talk about in another upcoming CT. They probably didn’t mention it since the name hasn’t been decided.
  • It's unnerving if they really haven't decided on a title for the new mode this late in the development process. If something as simple as a title hasn't been decided upon, what does that say about the hard parts (ie. coding, testing, etc.)?
  • meshugene89
    2766 posts Member
    edited February 5
    MBSONIC wrote: »
    Gaz wrote: »

In the comment section Ben said that they would talk about in another upcoming CT. They probably didn’t mention it since the name hasn’t been decided.

The lack of an official name for it doesn't stop them from saying "new large-scale mode" somewhere in the CC.
    Its lack of inclusion and Ben's response make it pretty clear that it's been delayed, again.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • TheScape
    1590 posts Member
    edited February 8
    I feel like that's worth sharing here.

nkkh7k0y6do0.png

I would like to remark the uhm on reinforcements (all the other questions were answered) and the parts about arcade, streams and weapons. I don't like how he says the "team that we've got", "we had such a good rythm going" or again "team members that would have been working on weapons were needed for other things".
  • Qui gon pls
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• TheScape wrote: »

nkkh7k0y6do0.png

I would like to remark the uhm on reinforcements (all the other questions were answered) and the parts about arcade, streams and weapons. I don't like how he says the "team that we've got", "we had such a good rythm going" or again "team members that would have been working on weapons were needed for other things".

Sweet answers, per usual.

nkkh7k0y6do0.png

Hunt Mode: So is that a yes or a no for more coming. Who cares if it was promised or not? Just give us an answer
    Reinforcements: That isn't an answer, please try again
    Hero Blast: Same as above. How long does it take to 'look' at something, does that still mean brainstorming? Concepts? Mechanics? How far along the production line is 'still looking into it'?
    As a side not, please just tell us if your team is big enough to support this game. It was mentioned 3 times in this post alone that things aren't coming/getting finished because of team priorities being elsewhere, that's a huge red flag that the Dev team is not big enough for this game.
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST

nkkh7k0y6do0.png

Hunt Mode: So is that a yes or a no for more coming. Who cares if it was promised or not? Just give us an answer
    Reinforcements: That isn't an answer, please try again
    Hero Blast: Same as above. How long does it take to 'look' at something, does that still mean brainstorming? Concepts? Mechanics? How far along the production line is 'still looking into it'?
    As a side not, please just tell us if your team is big enough to support this game. It was mentioned 3 times in this post alone that things aren't coming/getting finished because of team priorities being elsewhere, that's a huge red flag that the Dev team is not big enough for this game.

Agreed. If priorities are elsewhere (as indicated), what are they? Has everything been focused on the new heroes/game mode? If so, let us know. Announced heroes are all (almost) here, game mode is (almost) here...hopefully. What is the next focus?

nkkh7k0y6do0.png

The Qui-Gon part's hilarious because the OP on that Reddit thread said that EA once showed Qui-Gon in a promo video that was then removed but it was actually an April Fools video by BFUpdates.
    The OP has since removed that comment about Qui-Gon after being called out. :D
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • The Arcade content will be made at a later date, correct?
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • QuiGonRing wrote: »
    Twitter news only please and thank you.

Seriously. Can a mod please delete that string of posts?
  • QuiGonRing wrote: »

Does this pretty much mean that nobody comments unless someone at EA Star Wars tweets? I mean, I have been away from this game for a while(trying to catch up with khIII) ,but from what I remember they don’t tweet that often.
  • MBSONIC wrote: »
    QuiGonRing wrote: »

Does this pretty much mean that nobody comments unless someone at EA Star Wars tweets? I mean, I have been away from this game for a while(trying to catch up with khIII) ,but from what I remember they don’t tweet that often.

I would say twitter, reddit or Discord. You would be surprised on how much Ben and Jay share in these other places. OFF TOPIC: Enjoy KH3. It's a great close for Xehanort's saga, but it gets crazy near the end and has some hooks to both the mobile spin off and the web browser game (Chi and Unchained Chi/Union Cross).

Back on topic, take these two memes with a grain of salt. For context, Some_Info is a pretty infamous leaker for battlefront in reddit. He is been consistently right and has given updates on what's to come during "dark times" of bad communication (he leaked all emotes and abilities for Grievous and Obi Wan before the CT were even live, for example).

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/aowbka/everyones_reaction_after_playing_the_conquest/

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/aowar0/communitys_reaction_after_the_pizza_guy_finds_the/

He is obviously insinuating that the delay for the new large scale mode is due to new reinforcements (like droidekas). I wouldn't be posting two meme posts if Ben had not said what he said a few days ago. Nothing about reinforcements (if they were coming and the CT would announce that he wouldn't be able to say anything concrete until then) and the team focused on something else (making workable and balanced droidekas plus at least 2 new enforcers for the LS would mean a lot of work related to different areas).

Anyways, let's wait for the CT, but keep this info in mind while we wait.
  • ^That is excellent news, Some_Info has proven to be a reliable leaker and it will be very cool to see the new reinforcements in the mode (presumably Droiddekas for CIS and ARC troopers for Republic).
  • IronSoldier
    2936 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Tidied. Please keep the thread related to the title. Screenshots/links to reddit posts. Links to tweets. Discord screenshots ect. Not star wars license or star wars movie chat ;)
  • More reddit things. So, static roadmap images are a thing of the past...

qo7bd3s7z1gt.png