criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Star Wars Battlefront II Open Beta is October 6-9

Blazur
4461 posts Member
edited July 2017
The greatest teacher, failure is.

Replies

• Me right now.

giphy.gif
  • Blazur
    4461 posts Member
    Double the pride, twice the fall!
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • i am most excited
    four months away :(
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Theed again? Ugh. At least we get an OT space battle.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Darkaid wrote: »

oh no it is the same prequel planet again? i was hoping for maybe starkiller base to be available
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Dexcom_228 wrote: »
    Darkaid wrote: »

oh no it is the same prequel planet again? i was hoping for maybe starkiller base to be available

Just Theed for ground and some space battle for the OT. Hopefully I will get to pilot Red Five there.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Can't wait for the beta, and the two day early access. Just wish we could see Kamino or Kashyyyk in beta
    Droids are friends not clankers
    jUX2YXO.gif
  • RedSatyr
    108 posts Member
    This is a great find! Thanks for posting!
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    So is the beta gonna be going from Oct 6-9 and then shut down?
  • Hats off to all you people saying "it's only Alpha" beta is 1 month from launch. What changes do you think will be made hmmm? Now we'll have an unbalanced launch. See you all on the forums. I look forward to your complaints about weak heroes.
  • RedSatyr
    108 posts Member

Most likely unless they extend it, which could happen. But, this means we have a better idea of when the closed beta will begin.
  • RedSatyr wrote: »

Most likely unless they extend it, which could happen. But, this means we have a better idea of when the closed beta will begin.

there's no closed beta. The only other way you can play it now is if your lucky enough to go to GamesCon in August.
  • I knew it. I guessed the beta would be in October a while ago and it looks like my guess was right.
    1pw96s.gif
  • So is the beta gonna be going from Oct 6-9 and then shut down?

Probably.
    PSN - themancharlie25
    Phase II is the best! #CommanderFoxDidTheRightThing
    This sector is clear. NOT CLEAR. NOT CLEAR.

• AlexM
    195 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    RedSatyr wrote: »

Hats off to all you people saying "it's only Alpha" beta is 1 month from launch. What changes do you think will be made hmmm? Now we'll have an unbalanced launch. See you all on the forums. I look forward to your complaints about weak heroes.

Well that may happen but at least we are waiting to actually play before calling for changes.
    Has no experience with something, acts like they know stuff about it and demand changes they believe is for the better. Sound familiar? cough climate change cough economics cough
  • rollind24
    5000 posts Member
    If we have EA access does that give us Beta?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »

did you read the post?
  • rollind24
    5000 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    rollind24 wrote: »

did you read the post?

Yep, and I didn't see where it said the pre-order had to be one lump sum or in monthly payments. I know they made sure to make it a point to let people know with EA Access you get it early when it is released officially.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Hats off to all you people saying "it's only Alpha" beta is 1 month from launch. What changes do you think will be made hmmm? Now we'll have an unbalanced launch. See you all on the forums. I look forward to your complaints about weak heroes.

Wait what? lol. Alpha is 3 months prior to Beta. That's a long time to balance stuff. Once we see Beta and have complaints, those will most likely carry into launch.
  • Called it.
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • NickygUrl wrote: »
    Hats off to all you people saying "it's only Alpha" beta is 1 month from launch. What changes do you think will be made hmmm? Now we'll have an unbalanced launch. See you all on the forums. I look forward to your complaints about weak heroes.

Wait what? lol. Alpha is 3 months prior to Beta. That's a long time to balance stuff. Once we see Beta and have complaints, those will most likely carry into launch.

Don't comment on my post if you don't understand it.
  • Firewall17
    1166 posts Member
    Yup, I'll be playing the beta all 6 days baby! :D
    Xbox One: Firewall17 - I Love Star Wars: Battlefront 2! No regrets buying it and never will! - Also on >The List<
  • Firewall17 wrote: »
    Pre-ordering is the path to the Dark Side!
  • Firewall17
    1166 posts Member
    Firewall17 wrote: »

Good thing I joined the Dark Side already B)
    Xbox One: Firewall17 - I Love Star Wars: Battlefront 2! No regrets buying it and never will! - Also on >The List<

Pre-ordering is bad when you do it without being completely sold on the game. I notice Most people pre-oder hyped releases because it's popular rather than ordering it because they know they will play it often.

Good thing I joined the Dark Side already B)
    As did I! B)
  • Firewall17
    1166 posts Member

Pre-ordering is bad when you do it without being completely sold on the game. I notice Most people pre-oder hyped releases because it's popular rather than ordering it because they know they will play it often.

I didn't pre-order BF1 but still love it. I pre-ordered BF2 because I KNOW I'm going to love playing it.

I didn't pre-order BF1 but still love it. I pre-ordered BF2 because I KNOW I'm going to love playing it.

Exactly you pre-ordering it because you know you'll play it. Not enough people do that when they pre-order
  • RedSatyr
    108 posts Member

there's no closed beta. The only other way you can play it now is if your lucky enough to go to GamesCon in August.

I'm not sure where I saw that they were going to have a close beta, but now I can't find that info so you're probably right. I don't care how they do it, as long as I get to play in a beta at some point and they get the kinks ironed out as best they can before launch.

AlexM wrote: »

Well that may happen but at least we are waiting to actually play before calling for changes.
    Has no experience with something, acts like they know stuff about it and demand changes they believe is for the better. Sound familiar? cough climate change cough economics cough

Yeah, I don't know why so many seem to think they have a grasp on the game, which they likely have never played and are calling for changes. Play the game, then once you know for sure what you like or don't like, then make requests/demands.

I'm not sure where I saw that they were going to have a close beta, but now I can't find that info so you're probably right. I don't care how they do it, as long as I get to play in a beta at some point and they get the kinks ironed out as best they can before launch.

There's a lot of rumors that people will say as actual news when it comes to this game. You almost have to assume any rumors with this game are always wrong. :D
  • gcardoso
    140 posts Member
    yeah i was expecting it being in october.. i think bf was in that time too.. i loved the beta that day, i hope i will love this one even more :D
  • gcardoso wrote: »
    yeah i was expecting it being in october.. i think bf was in that time too.. i loved the beta that day, i hope i will love this one even more :D

at least it's earlier in October this time.
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member
    i preordered! yee boiii
  • RedSatyr
    108 posts Member

There's a lot of rumors that people will say as actual news when it comes to this game. You almost have to assume any rumors with this game are always wrong. :D

Yeah, although I had gotten that info from what should have been reputable, but as with a lot of places covering this game, some were quick to push out info that wasn't entirely correct and they just go back and edit later. Not the best method for journalism, but these are games not serious world events. *shrug*
  • WodiQuix
    4414 posts Member
    Awesome! I can't wait to try it out!
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Darkaid wrote: »

For battlefront 1 they showed a trailer on Hoth, then that fall we played on Hoth, I'm not surprised or disappointed

Lame:/
  • NickygUrl wrote: »

Don't comment on my post if you don't understand it.

Don't make a comment if it doesn't make any sense.
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    Sweet! Already preordered so I get a head start.
    Cant wait to join the dark side B)
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

I would if I could...but school :(
    PSN - themancharlie25
    Phase II is the best! #CommanderFoxDidTheRightThing
    This sector is clear. NOT CLEAR. NOT CLEAR.

• DarthBatman42
    547 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Does Xbox early access begin later?
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    Shoulda had a different planet... by the time of launch no ones gonna want to play Theed lol
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • ROMG4
    2362 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    Shoulda had a different planet... by the time of launch no ones gonna want to play Theed lol

Well from what we have seen of it the level is pretty spectacular but still. Not only has it been shown in the Trailer, EA Play, Alpha, Presumably more Trailers and now it will be the Level for the Beta

It may even be the first level in The Clone Wars rotation :p

Though, yes. The reason why they keep showing it is because it is a perfect contrast to the locations in BF(EA) it showcases Urban Star Wars warfare, and Theed's design is pretty interesting
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

Well from what we have seen of it the level is pretty spectacular but still. Not only has it been shown in the Trailer, EA Play, Alpha, Presumably more Trailers and now it will be the Level for the Beta

Though, yes. The reason why they keep showing it is because it is a perfect contrast to the locations in BF(EA) it showcases Urban Star Wars warfare, and Theed's design is pretty interesting

Its pretty but its gonna turn into 2015Front's Hoth: played so much it becomes a bit boring
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • ROMG4
    2362 posts Member

Its pretty but its gonna turn into 2015Front's Hoth: played so much it becomes a bit boring

This is truth

Never did like Hoth it was too much running into the Open with little cover. Though that is a fault of the location and not DICE
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »

Honestly I got bored of Survivors of endor and was never really bored of Hoth even at launch
  • T0TALfps
    1190 posts EA Community Manager
    Does Xbox early access begin later?

Early Access begins two days early if you pre-order, regardless of what platform you pre-order on.
    beq77m6aitvn.png
    EA Community Coordinator, Anthem, Battlefield & Battlefront
    Twitter - Board Guidelines
    // Some of my posts may not represent the opinions of EA or DICE.