criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Dennis Brannvall on Reddit

Replies

• Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    Why do you even go to other places?

Reddit has historically been about sensible discussion with people genuinely passionate about the game. I mostly come here to laugh at the people who bought a MP game expecting it to evolve into BF:Skyrim...and for the hilarious moderation.
    Oh give it up. Not accepting bad business practices doesn't make people entitled. The reason the days leading up to launch are marred is because of EA, not the fans.

90% of the people there are blowing things out of proportion and will still be buying the game. It's one thing to express your concerns reasonably. It's another to spam the same crap over and over, and think they're a community hero by proclaiming "Haha I cancelled my pre-order". There's a limit to how much whining is reasonable.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    Blazur wrote: »
    Hey I've been on the front page promoting positive vibes and clearing up rumors for days now! But I get what ya mean :).

Good on you, and clearly you're doing the same here. Sadly it's getting drowned out by all the entitled brats, and I've never been more embarrassed to be a part of this community.

The days leading up to launch should be filled with excitement, when for once the community can rally together in their combined excitement for a game they can't wait to play. Not this disgusting drama.

Yeah man it's been nuts. Ever since Angry Joe started that nonsense without knowing how the star cards and class levels worked, this bandwagon lunacy has been nonstop. Mean while all of us Who Alpha Tested- Beta - Trial - till now knew better. I was like "GUYS LISTEN TO WHAT IM WRITING IN MY POST"!!! It was borderline infuriating. They didn't understand how easy you make creds and get parts. So Dennis had to take his time and type all the self explanatory stuff out too. Don't get me wrong, he Needed to say something/They needed to. But I will never understand why people don't listen to others in their community who have full experience with this.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash
    11627 posts Member
    Hey I've been on the front page promoting positive vibes and clearing up rumors for days now! But I get what ya mean :).

Good on you, and clearly you're doing the same here. Sadly it's getting drowned out by all the entitled brats, and I've never been more embarrassed to be a part of this community.

The days leading up to launch should be filled with excitement, when for once the community can rally together in their combined excitement for a game they can't wait to play. Not this disgusting drama.

Oh give it up. Not accepting bad business practices doesn't make people entitled. The reason the days leading up to launch are marred is because of EA, not the fans.

I guarantee that if DICE were in full control we wouldn't have seen this hero nonsense. This is EA's doing, no doubt about it. You should be grateful to the crowd on Reddit, if the game sees positive changes it will be because of them spreading the word about EA's practices, not because of Fanboys sitting on these forums complaining about people who have the audacity to point out bad business practices in a game they are looking forward to.

And this is why YOU"RE part of the problem. EVEN when presented with good news, or having something explained further that you have "Had an issue with/Didn't understand" you're still salty. The truth is you don't care either way and just came here to cry about something. Go find a "safe space".

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Blazur wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    Why do you even go to other places?

Reddit has historically been about sensible discussion with people genuinely passionate about the game. I mostly come here to laugh at the people who bought a MP game expecting it to evolve BF:Skyrim...and for the hilarious moderation.

90% of the people there are blowing things out of proportion and will still be buying the game. It's one thing to express your concerns reasonably. It's another to spam the same **** over and over, and think they're a community hero by proclaiming "Haha I cancelled my pre-order". Most of them are just acting like jerks.

I'll grant that some of them are acting like jerks, I'm definitely not down with the thread calling for a guy to be fired(even though he made a proper ***** of himself on Twitter).

Still though, the negative attention is what will get results with a publisher like EA. The fear of bad press affecting their pocket books is one of the only things that will move them to do anything. If we were dealing directly with DICE it would be different, but if we were dealing directly with them, I'm incredibly doubtful that they would have let things get to this point in the first place.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Yeah man it's been nuts. Ever since Angry Joe started that nonsense without knowing how the star cards and class levels worked, this bandwagon lunacy has been nonstop. Mean while all of us Who Alpha Tested- Beta - Trial - till now knew better. I was like "GUYS LISTEN TO WHAT IM WRITING IN MY POST"!!! It was borderline infuriating. They didn't understand how easy you make creds and get parts. So Dennis had to take his time and type all the self explanatory stuff out too. Don't get me wrong, he Needed to say something/They needed to. But I will never understand why people don't listen to others in their community who have full experience with this.

I actually agree with many of the complaints Angry Joe has had, and appreciate that he's fighting for this game. To be frank the p2w aspect to this game has never bothered me in the least, and I will enjoy the grind and sense of accomplishment. It's the unorthodox card-based progression and unified credit reward at the end of the match that irks me.
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member

I actually agree with many of the complaints Angry Joe has had, and appreciate that he's fighting for this game. To be frank the p2w aspect to this game has never bothered me in the least, and I will enjoy the grind and sense of accomplishment. It's the unorthodox card-based progression and unified credit reward at the end of the match that irks me.

Agreed. I had made an entire post stating how you can get everything and how without even buying crystals. And people still cried about having to "Play the game and EARN rank and unlocks". I was asking myself "What generation of gaming did you grow up in where everything was instantly given to you "? lol

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited November 2017

I guarantee that if DICE were in full control we wouldn't have seen this hero nonsense. This is EA's doing, no doubt about it. You should be grateful to the crowd on Reddit, if the game sees positive changes it will be because of them spreading the word about EA's practices, not because of Fanboys sitting on these forums complaining about people who have the audacity to point out bad business practices in a game they are looking forward to.

Well said. The credit system was a joke and it deserved attention and criticism. Some people though are overly dramatic. Good criticism is essential.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Agreed. I had made an entire post stating how you can get everything and how without even buying crystals. And people still cried about having to "Play the game and EARN rank and unlocks". I was asking myself "What generation of gaming did you grow up in where everything was instantly given to you "? lol

It's the hive mind in full effect. Everybody is so hell bent on believing the paid crates are compulsory to enjoy this game. Guarantee most of us will be inundated with credits and crafting parts fairly early on.

Last game I remember reaching max rank and having everything bought just 2 weeks after launch. I'd much rather have long-term goals to sustain me throughout my career than have everything spoon fed to me. That's part of the reason I've always enjoyed DICE shooters.

I grew up in a generation where they didn't force progression systems into competitive multiplayer games in the first place. Don't confuse single player games with multiplayer games.

Additionally, the fact that we can earn things in game is irrelevant if the grind is unreasonably long. There's progression and then there's endless grinding. Endless grinding is a bad thing unless you're playing an MMO.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member

It's the hive mind in full effect. Everybody is so **** bent on believing the paid crates are compulsory to enjoy this game. Guarantee most of us will be inundated with credits and crafting parts fairly early on.

Last game I remember reaching max rank and having everything bought just 2 weeks after launch. I'd much rather have long-term goals to sustain me throughout my career than have everything spoon fed to me. That's part of the reason I've always enjoyed DICE shooters.

EXACTLY DUDE!!! This 100%. Once I login at midnight tomorrow, I'm going into the fray and having fun. I already did the prep work, i'm ready, and motivated to have a blast! So when I wrote my post explaining how to earn this, and what way unlocks more and faster, I was like lets give everyone the same knowledge and love. Then the nonstop negativity. Man that was rough to witness. But i'm so happy !!! TOMORROW MIDNIGHT!!!

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash
    11627 posts Member

I grew up in a generation where they didn't force progression systems into competitive multiplayer games in the first place. Don't confuse single player games with multiplayer games.

Additionally, the fact that we can earn things in game is irrelevant if the grind is unreasonably long. There's progression and then there's endless grinding. Endless grinding is a bad thing unless you're playing an MMO.

Ok, let me reiterate for the millionth time dude. There is NO FORCED PROGRESSION IN THIS GAME AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. You login, you play it, and with time and effort you unlock weapons, equips, skins, and upgrade cards through multiplayer Rank, coinciding with Class level and Star Car grades. Is that too difficult to understand!? YOU HAVE TO PLAY, AND EARN, AND RANK up, to get ahead. LIKE EVERY OTHER GAME.........................................

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

Exactly. I didn’t mind the crates or heroes locked behind credits. It was the credit reward system that bothered me. Someone that is AFK or sitting in the back of the map shouldn’t earn the same amount of credits as someone that’s actually playing and trying to win.
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    Cad_Bane wrote: »

Exactly. I didn’t mind the crates or heroes locked behind credits. It was the credit reward system that bothered me. Someone that is AFK or sitting in the back of the map shouldn’t earn the same amount of credits as someone that’s actually playing and trying to win.

Yes, and we were all agreeing with this too. But for some reason, our logic on this was lost in translation in all the posts as of late, and they just raged and kb warriored every comment. It was either trolls, or people who just wanted to be mad regardless. Was depressing to see the community go down that rabbit hole for not understanding the system.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Someone that is AFK or sitting in the back of the map shouldn’t earn the same amount of credits as someone that’s actually playing and trying to win.

Just abuse the system. Sometimes that's the only way things get done with DICE. When you're watching a movie let your game run in the background with a rubber band over your analog stick. You'll earn credits and have all heroes in no time.
    Someone that is AFK or sitting in the back of the map shouldn’t earn the same amount of credits as someone that’s actually playing and trying to win.

Just abuse the system. Sometimes that's the only way things get done with DICE. When you're watching a movie let your game run in the background with a rubber band over your analog stick. You'll earn credits and have all heroes in no time.

Lol. Yeah I’m sure people will do that.

Yes, and we were all agreeing with this too. But for some reason, our logic on this was lost in translation in all the posts as of late, and they just raged and kb warriored every comment. It was either trolls, or people who just wanted to be mad regardless. Was depressing to see the community go down that rabbit hole for not understanding the system.

Agreed.

Ok, let me reiterate for the millionth time dude. There is NO FORCED PROGRESSION IN THIS GAME AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. You login, you play it, and with time and effort you unlock weapons, equips, skins, and upgrade cards through multiplayer Rank, coinciding with Class level and Star Car grades. Is that too difficult to understand!? YOU HAVE TO PLAY, AND EARN, AND RANK up, to get ahead. LIKE EVERY OTHER GAME.........................................

Yeah, you can reiterate that point millions of more times. That doesn't excuse excessive grinding which drags down the experience. Players shouldn't have to grind for dozens of hours straight just to unlock heroes like Luke and Vader, and then start all over again every time a new hero comes out.

You can go on and on with your "no forced progression" stuff but it doesn't change the fact that the way they choose to handle progression can drag down the game.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member

Yeah, you can reiterate that point millions of more times. That doesn't excuse excessive grinding which drags down the experience. Players shouldn't have to grind for dozens of hours straight just to unlock heroes like Luke and Vader, and then start all over again every time a new hero comes out.

You can go on and on with your "no forced progression" stuff but it doesn't change the fact that the way they choose to handle progression can drag down the game.

What's inexcusable is your lack of faith, which I "FIND HIGHLY DISTURBING". I can quote Vader, I can type common logic to you, I can even be nice to you. However you've made it abundantly clear you do not care about good things, you strictly want to be mad. I feel sorry for you, wholeheartedly pity you. I hope you have a good night man. Take a breath, and realize just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean that you're being taken advantage of. All of us here are willing to further explain this to you. I have an entire post explaining this on the front page. Take a moment and read. I really hope that one day you understand.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• That Reddit is crazy I had to close it out and not go back, it was making me ill- all the negative over there. I'm enjoying this forum much more.
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    That Reddit is crazy I had to close it out and not go back, it was making me ill- all the negative over there. I'm enjoying this forum much more.

Welcome to the Lighter Side of the Force. :)

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

What's inexcusable is your lack of faith, which I "FIND HIGHLY DISTURBING". I can quote Vader, I can type common logic to you, I can even be nice to you. However you've made it abundantly clear you do not care about good things, you strictly want to be mad. I feel sorry for you, wholeheartedly pity you. I hope you have a good night man. Take a breath, and realize just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean that you're being taken advantage of. All of us here are willing to further explain this to you. I have an entire post explaining this on the front page. Take a moment and read. I really hope that one day you understand.

I've read your stuff and it's just mindless apologizing for EA.

Faith is earned, EA has done nothing to earn our faith. There is reason to be angry when a company displays bad business practices. I'm a pretty reasonable guy, but EA is not a reasonable company. There are times where anger is appropriate. I really hope that someday you come to understand that fact of life.

The angry people on Reddit will cause more change than any of your posts ever will.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member

Faith is earned, EA has done nothing to earn our faith. There is reason to be angry when a company displays bad business practices. I'm a pretty reasonable guy, but EA is not a reasonable company. There are times where anger is appropriate. I really hope that someday you come to understand that fact of life.

The angry people on Reddit will cause more change than any of your posts ever will.

I'm "Apologizing for EA"!?!?!?!?! DUDE, I explained how the system works man. I didn't apologize for them. What are you reading. I gave a full entire break down of what to do and how to get a ton of stuff, how to NEVER have A shortage of credits or parts, how to upgrade your star cards easily, without paying. And you say i'm "apologizing" for them!? You're nuts dude.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

I'm "Apologizing for EA"!?!?!?!?! DUDE, I explained how the system works man. I didn't apologize for them. What are you reading. I gave a full entire break down of what to do and how to get a ton of stuff, how to NEVER have A shortage of credits or parts, how to upgrade your star cards easily, without paying. And you say i'm "apologizing" for them!? You're nuts dude.

Nope, what's nuts is assuming good will on EA's part. Your tips only provide a decent beginning boost(most people can figure those tips out on their own anyhow), they don't account for the potential grind after all of that stuff dries up, nor do they account for bad decisions like locking heroes behind large credit walls in the first place. You just want to feel good about the game so badly that you'll excuse shoddy business practices with nonsense about how everyone progresses together and there being no forced progression, etc. That my friend is nuts.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    edited November 2017

Nope, what's nuts is assuming good will on EA's part. Your tips only provide a decent beginning boost(most people can figure those tips out on their own anyhow), they don't account for the potential grind after all of that stuff dries up, nor do they account for bad decisions like locking heroes behind large credit walls in the first place. You just want to feel good about the game so badly that you'll excuse shoddy business practices with nonsense about how everyone progresses together and there being no forced progression, etc. That my friend is nuts.

Ok so if I understand your broken logic correctly, Because I'm giving positive feedback and disagree with you entirely, and I take time to explain to others how things work, I'm somehow "Apologizing " For EA and i'm 100% wrong in your eyes? I'm sorry man, the debate is over. You and me are done here. You insist on being angry at everything even with a valid and factual explanation. I take time to read your nonsense. You never once took in a thing I wrote. Like I said, do you, I'll do me. I refuse to let someone with your mentality spread lies and nonsense into this community any further. Say what you will, but No one in this community will take you seriously after reading all this.

Edit to clarify on a point I missed"

Just because you don't understand the in game system and how it works, Doesn't mean EA is Shoddily screwing you over. If you don't understand how to play a game or what it means to earn things, Don't be a gamer. Sounds like you never were in the first place with that logic.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

Ok so if I understand your broken logic correctly, Because I'm giving positive feedback and disagree with you entirely, and I take time to explain to others how things work, I'm somehow "Apologizing " For EA and i'm 100% wrong in your eyes? I'm sorry man, the debate is over. You and me are done here. You insist on being angry at everything even with a valid and factual explanation. I take time to read your nonsense. You never once took in a thing I wrote. Like I said, do you, I'll do me. I refuse to let someone with your mentality spread lies and nonsense into this community any further. Say what you will, but No one in this community will take you seriously after reading all this.

Yawn, nothing you've said has had any substance whatsoever. I haven't spread a single lie. I took everything you wrote into consideration, your the one who has refused to actually address my points. All you've done is explain things that anyone can figure out about starting out the game and use worthless statements about people not being forced to progress to defend your logical fallacies and dodge questions surrounding things like long term grind.

The only people who have taken you seriously are the ones who desperately want to love the game like you. Guess what, I want to love the game too, in fact, progression aside it is largely the game I wanted Battlefront 2015 to be. I will not be silent about bad business practices just to salve the ego of players like you though. Good products come from from criticism, not customers desperately playing interference for bad business decisions and whining about those who do complain.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Momma says knock you out
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member

Yawn, nothing you've said has had any substance whatsoever. I haven't spread a single lie. I took everything you wrote into consideration, your the one who has refused to actually address my points. All you've done is explain things that anyone can figure out about starting out the game and use worthless statements about people not being forced to progress to defend your logical fallacies and dodge questions surrounding things like long term grind.

The only people who have taken you seriously are the ones who desperately want to love the game like you. Guess what, I want to love the game too, in fact, progression aside it is largely the game I wanted Battlefront 2015 to be. I will not be silent about bad business practices just to salve the ego of players like you though. Good products come from from criticism, not customers desperately playing interference for bad business decisions and whining about those who do complain.

You are in fact a Liar. Everything you speak on is a conspiracy theorist wet dream. A secret agenda by EA, calling me an EA apologist,. Saying i "Yearn to speak positively about this game so much that I love". Take a chill pill and stop lying and spreading nonsense. You're a liar. You have no logic. Your statements are as hollow as your head. Your counter arguments or lack there of consist of "WAHHH Burgers and French Cries" because someone calls you out on your lies. In one post I explained how all you say is BULLLLLLLLLL. In one post I explain there is literally no need to pay for anything, how the system works, and how it gets done. And you STILL yell "LIES AND CONSPIRACIES IM RIGHT YOUR WRONG". So flat out NO. You're a Liar, a Troll, A public Nuisance, and TOXIC. All you yearn for is to be angry regardless of what's shown and explained to you, as well as feeding of negativity. Sorry man, #Yawn.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash
    11627 posts Member
    Momma says knock you out

#FYEAH

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Git gud
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Git gud

#Agreed

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

You are in fact a Liar. Everything you speak on is a conspiracy theorist wet dream. A secret agenda by EA, calling me an EA apologist,. Saying i "Yearn to speak positively about this game so much that I love". Take a chill pill and stop lying and spreading nonsense. You're a liar. You have no logic. Your statements are as hollow as your head. Your counter arguments or lack there of consist of "WAHHH Burgers and French Cries" because someone calls you out on your lies. In one post I explained how all you say is BULLLLLLLLLL. In one post I explain there is literally no need to pay for anything, how the system works, and how it gets done. And you STILL yell "LIES AND CONSPIRACIES IM RIGHT YOUR WRONG". So flat out NO. You're a Liar, a Troll, A public Nuisance, and TOXIC. All you yearn for is to be angry regardless of what's shown and explained to you, as well as feeding of negativity. Sorry man, #Yawn.

Yet more fluff. Show me where you actually disproved anything I said. Meaningless platitudes about not being forced to progress don't count because they are just that, meaningless platitudes.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member

Yet more fluff. Show me where you actually disproved anything I said. Meaningless platitudes about not being forced to progress don't count because they are just that, meaningless platitudes.

With pleasure. You claim there is a progression that is forced correct? So if I were to define forced progression I would say that a system in a game, that MAKES YOU PAY to progress, or MAKES you play against your own style of play, or a system that MAKES you not do what you want would be forced on someone. SO what you say is going on is that when everyone logs in tomorrow midnight/their perspective times for launch, that EA has designed a system that will make them do what they want instead of what the player wants!? Hmmm, interesting conspiracy theory there buddy. There is NO forced progression. Tomorrow at launch midnight/w/e it's your time, Millions of people across multiple platforms will launch the game, go to their game mode of choice, and do whatever they want as they please. So PLEASE explain to me, How in Vader's name, is there a "Forced Progression Conspiracy" here? And AGAIN, I will bring up that an entire post is just a page away, that states that this game does NOT require you to pay a dime, does NOT TELL YOU WHAT TO DO AND HOW TO PLAY, and does NOT "FORCE" you into doing anything against your will.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• mastery0ta wrote: »
    Git gud

Great contribution as always :D
    Let’s hope the credit system has changed so that it does reward players that “git gud”
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Git gud

Let’s hope the credit system has changed so that it does reward players that “git gud”

Indeed! :). BTW, Cad, have you seen this Psycho "Admiral_Petty" I've been going back and forth with lol? This guys NUTS. Just wants to be angry rofl.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Indeed! :). BTW, Cad, have you seen this Psycho "Admiral_Petty" I've been going back and forth with lol? This guys NUTS. Just wants to be angry rofl.

He's petty, just like his username. Just stop dignifying him and let this thread serve a reasonable purpose.
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member

He's petty, just like his username. Just stop dignifying him and let this thread serve a reasonable purpose.

Truth. When you're right you're right.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Git gud

I concur! I just don't have the energy anymore for some of these discussions lol
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Too bad we don’t have a “Dennis on the forums” thread :cry:
    Lol
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    Too bad we don’t have a “Dennis on the forums” thread :cry:
    Lol

haha true!

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

With pleasure. You claim there is a progression that is forced correct? So if I were to define forced progression I would say that a system in a game, that MAKES YOU PAY to progress, or MAKES you play against your own style of play, or a system that MAKES you not do what you want would be forced on someone. SO what you say is going on is that when everyone logs in tomorrow midnight/their perspective times for launch, that EA has designed a system that will make them do what they want instead of what the player wants!? Hmmm, interesting conspiracy theory there buddy. There is NO forced progression. Tomorrow at launch midnight/w/e it's your time, Millions of people across multiple platforms will launch the game, go to their game mode of choice, and do whatever they want as they please. So PLEASE explain to me, How in Vader's name, is there a "Forced Progression Conspiracy" here? And AGAIN, I will bring up that an entire post is just a page away, that states that this game does NOT require you to pay a dime, does NOT TELL YOU WHAT TO DO AND HOW TO PLAY, and does NOT "FORCE" you into doing anything against your will.

Yeah, I never made a single post saying there was forced progression. This entire post is literally just you strawmanning and arguing against a point I was never trying to make in the first place. I want to progress and unlock things, I just don't want an endless grind to do so. This point is simple, it has nothing to do with "forced progression" whatsoever. Congratulations though, you won an argument that no one was actually having with you. ;)

Don't mind Blazur, he just gets salty whenever almost any criticism is leveled against games he likes. Hence the reason he thinks the Reddit folks are entitled for protesting bad business decisions.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member

Yeah, I never made a single post saying there was forced progression. This entire post is literally just you strawmanning and arguing against a point I was never trying to make in the first place. I want to progress and unlock things, I just don't want an endless grind to do so. This point is simple, it has nothing to do with "forced progression" whatsoever. Congratulations though, you won an argument that no one was actually having with you. ;)

Don't mind Blazur, he just gets salty whenever almost any criticism is leveled against games he likes. Hence the reason he thinks the Reddit folks are entitled for protesting bad business decisions.

He was talking about you.... Also, "Cool story bruh"

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• aussieviking
    477 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Welcome to the internet were everyone's a child. And no one can respect any one else. Honestly I trust Dice that they will change Battlefront 2 enough to balance the whole paying for gems and playing for the crates. Hopefully it's sooner than later but eh.

Cant wait for Angry Joe to shoot it all out of proportions without thinking and seeing what Dice has said about changing the game.
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    Welcome to the internet were everyone's a child. And no one can respect any one else. Honestly I trust Dice that they will change Battlefront 2 enough to balance the whole paying for gems and playing for the crates. Hopefully it's sooner than later but eh.

Cant wait for Angry Joe to shoot it all out of proportions without thinking and seeing what Dice has said about changing the game.

Same here, Joe is great for movie reviews and for the most part games too. But he started something that completely divided our community with his misinformed lack of understanding of the games system. I mean look at this mess right now. Here, Reddit, Twitter. He literally caused a civil war in one community with nonsense.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• NickygUrl wrote: »
    For those who are interested and not on Reddit.

Try not to hate. It's safe to say we will have a buttload of content at launch regardless. Which is something the first game lacked terribly. And DLC is 100% free.

Yes you do have a lot of content at launch compared to the first one BUT that was never going to be hard was it?

DLC is not 100%, people are paying for it through loot boxes which is why heroes have to be "bought" now rather then just being available.

Seriously EA should just have the balls to ask for £100 / £120 or whatever they deem the game to be worth and do away with any additional monitisation, it is wrecking games.
  • Welcome to the internet were everyone's a child. And no one can respect any one else. Honestly I trust Dice that they will change Battlefront 2 enough to balance the whole paying for gems and playing for the crates. Hopefully it's sooner than later but eh.

Same here, Joe is great for movie reviews and for the most part games too. But he started something that completely divided our community with his misinformed lack of understanding of the games system. I mean look at this mess right now. Here, Reddit, Twitter. He literally caused a civil war in one community with nonsense.

In my opinion, he is one of the independend reviewers and gives honest reviews. If something was created well then he says this.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Welcome to the internet were everyone's a child. And no one can respect any one else. Honestly I trust Dice that they will change Battlefront 2 enough to balance the whole paying for gems and playing for the crates. Hopefully it's sooner than later but eh.

In my opinion, he is one of the independend reviewers and gives honest reviews. If something was created well then he says this.

He can also be a massive *****. I still remember his Halo 5 review were he complained about single player length........ While playing it in 4 player co op................ On Easy.
  • Sorry guys I can't read all the discussion, there is some news from Dennis on reddit?
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Sorry guys I can't read all the discussion, there is some news from Dennis on reddit?

Think this is the latest
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cj2qy/checking_in_with_a_few_progression_comments/
  • Not from Dennis, but someone from EA got over 188k downvotes on Reddit, because Vader is locked.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cff0b/seriously_i_paid_80_to_have_vader_locked/dppum98/
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Not from Dennis, but someone from EA got over 188k downvotes on Reddit, because Vader is locked.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cff0b/seriously_i_paid_80_to_have_vader_locked/dppum98/

Rightfully so. That is 200k gamers and counting that see the current system in place is awful.

Oh man, just hit 200k. Most downvoted post in Reddit history now.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif