criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Dennis Brannvall on Reddit

167891012Next

Replies

• ROMG4
    2860 posts Member
    Apparently they still don't know that you can't use the Crystal Currency to purchase Heroes

Yet they still keep saying that

Dummies
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Not from Dennis, but someone from EA got over 188k downvotes on Reddit, because Vader is locked.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cff0b/seriously_i_paid_80_to_have_vader_locked/dppum98/

No wonder people are angered, and rightly so. We already have a BP system where the cost is so prohibitively expensive for many players that they'll likely never have a chance to play as a hero, but some "genius" at DICE or EA felt it necessary to also add a ridiculously expensive credit limit to unlock those same heroes that most people will probably never have a chance to play as because of the high BP cost.
    Are people really OK with defending this kind of terrible decision?
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Orblivion
    127 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Putting Maul in with Padme and Windu isn't fair.

The dude's one of the biggest icons of the Prequels, and not just in terms of being an awesome character. He's used on pretty much every piece of Phantom Menace merchandise and was shown in a lot of the advertising leading up to the film.

That said, I can understand how the Original Trilogy characters would be more recognizable since those films have been around for longer.

It's not just that the OT has been around longer. The OT was an absolute milestone in film making, it changed the entire industry. "I am your father" is one of the most iconic lines in the history of film. While I enjoyed the prequels, they did not even come close to that level of impact.
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Apparently they still don't know that you can't use the Crystal Currency to purchase Heroes

Dummies

Not the problem, and I've not seen a single post saying that crystals can be used for buying heroes directly.

Credits can be obtained through duplicates, and someone who spends a lot of money for crystals will earn a lot of duplicates which speeds up the credit earning process while also earning crafting parts and star cards for their soldiers

One of the major issues with this system is that heroes are unlocked using the same currency as lootboxes, which means to unlock heroes you also have to neglect your infantry soldier by not buying any crates, unless you decide to give heaps of money to EA
    "The force is strong with this one."
  • Orblivion wrote: »
    Putting Maul in with Padme and Windu isn't fair.

The dude's one of the biggest icons of the Prequels, and not just in terms of being an awesome character. He's used on pretty much every piece of Phantom Menace merchandise and was shown in a lot of the advertising leading up to the film.

That said, I can understand how the Original Trilogy characters would be more recognizable since those films have been around for longer.

It's not just that the OT has been around longer. The OT was an absolute milestone in film making, it changed the entire industry. "I am your father" is one of the most iconic lines in the history of film. While I enjoyed the prequels, they did not even come close to that level of impact.

From a technology standpoint all of the StarWars films were absolutely bleeding edge for their times. But the OT was pretty much universally praised for a really long time. Very few films of the age went on to spawn as good or better sequels, most of the time sequels went down hill by the third film by the latest, if into even took that long (I'm looking at you Jaws! An iconic movie that spawned so many garbage sequels)

The PT had impossibly big shoes to fill for many fans. If the movies had been perfect they still would have had a hard time just battling the nostalgia that the original trilogy has. It's hard to follow some of the most loved movies of all time.
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

Dummies

Not directly but if you buy a big fat chunk of crates your going to get lots of credit and scrap thus you can spend that on heroes. That is literally how virtual currencies work.

Having said that I would not put it past EA to claim its doing us a favour and actually sell us "unlock" packs for heroes using real money or crystals, its the sort of thing they would do when already drowning in *****.

• Blastiel wrote: »
    NickygUrl wrote: »
    For those who are interested and not on Reddit.

Try not to hate. It's safe to say we will have a buttload of content at launch regardless. Which is something the first game lacked terribly. And DLC is 100% free.

Yes you do have a lot of content at launch compared to the first one BUT that was never going to be hard was it?

DLC is not 100%, people are paying for it through loot boxes which is why heroes have to be "bought" now rather then just being available.

Seriously EA should just have the balls to ask for £100 / £120 or whatever they deem the game to be worth and do away with any additional monitisation, it is wrecking games.

Keep in mind I posted this a while ago.. before beta even.

But DLC is 100% free. Loot crates are optional. Facts.

Not saying it doesn't suck, or that heroes being locked behind credit walls is fair.

Everything I said in this thread in the past was based off of alpha and things we knew up until beta.
  • Not from Dennis, but someone from EA got over 188k downvotes on Reddit, because Vader is locked.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cff0b/seriously_i_paid_80_to_have_vader_locked/dppum98/
    Oh man, just hit 200k. Most downvoted post in Reddit history now.

Its gonna hit one million soon.
  • social media is a poorer judgment of general consensus than most people think
  • Honestly the loot cartes are fine. if dice made it that they were 3k instead of 4k and that the better player you are the better score you get in a game upto 1k or more in a single match and honestly everything would be fine. But EA wanting more money. even though the game would sell like hotcakes at a crack factory under a full moon with elvis playing death metal.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited November 2017

Dennis and his team is looking at changes to the progression system. Unsure exactly what the extend of those changes is just yet.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Blazur wrote: »

Dennis and his team is looking at changes to the progression system. Unsure exactly what the extend of those changes is just yet.

If they made progression thru star cards normal. and threw the customization they have planned into loot crates everything would be perfect.
    Loot crates would sell way better too.