criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Dennis Brannvall on Reddit

Replies

• Alex64 wrote: »
    PT sucks so bad IMO
    Alex64 wrote: »
    PT sucks so bad IMO

The movies were garbage, the content that can be usable for games is great. The problem is that the movies were so trash that it tarnishes people's view on the content.
    Oh come on, Revenge of the Sith? That movie was far from garbage.

he said prequel trilogy, as in all 3 lumped together. that movie was the only serviceable one of the three. it just couldn't make up for how bad the first two were
    I actually liked all 3 PT movies, but I know many disagree with me.

i like the settings/diversity in characters/ idea, but the acting and storytelling were the complete downfall of those movies. the acting in the first movie was very bollywood
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    I am so sick of the OT anchor!

The Original Trilogy is Star Wars

Oh yes

I said it
    Yea they need to appeal to the wider audience in order to make the most money. Same reason why the sequel (new stuff) is getting so much attention
    PT sucks so bad IMO

The movies were garbage, the content that can be usable for games is great. The problem is that the movies were so trash that it tarnishes people's view on the content.

The prequels aren't half as bad as people and bandwagoners make it out to be.
  • This thread has promise. I wonder why Dennis used the terms 'prequels' and 'movies' and didn't mention the cartoon series? That's odd.
    t8QvoRG.gif
  • Alex64
    7663 posts Member
    If only
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    I think they SHOULD listen to people on here or reddit more and not a small selective group like the "game changers" who represent the smallest amount of fans tbh. You listen to the masses....ask the French circa 1790 what happens when you discard the masses for the will of the few lol

OT is the core of Star Wars. Deal. With. It.
    Yeah seriously, the Battlefront community is increasingly showing hatred of the Original Trilogy.

These people are the PT fans that think they represent the majority
    Why so serious?
  • ROMG4
    2893 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    PT sucks so bad IMO

I love the EU of The Prequel Trilogy and The Clone Wars was my favorite era in the first BF2 but the Movies

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
    If only
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    I think they SHOULD listen to people on here or reddit more and not a small selective group like the "game changers" who represent the smallest amount of fans tbh. You listen to the masses....ask the French circa 1790 what happens when you discard the masses for the will of the few lol

OT is the core of Star Wars. Deal. With. It.
    Yeah seriously, the Battlefront community is increasingly showing hatred of the Original Trilogy.

These people are the PT fans that think they represent the majority
    I love all eras (yes, the ST as well), but I hate that the PT is the center of almost every topic. I understand that the PT is the most popular era in Battlefront, but BF2 has 3 eras, not just the Clone Wars. If you hate the ST (or any era), good for you. But many hate the CW era movies, and love the CW era in Battlefront, the same could go with any other era.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • SandyAni
    762 posts Member
    I wish this game was being made in 2005, but with the graphics we have today
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
    Prequel era : yoda, obi wan, Anakin, padme, maul, jango, dooku, grievous,
    Original era: Luke, leia, Han, chewy, Vader, palps, boba, bossk
    New era: Rey, kylo
  • SandyAni wrote: »
    That doesn't make sense, you mean you wish the game was being made by Pandemic?
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • ROMG4
    2893 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    *Self Awareness starting to kick in*

NO NO NO!

Guys snap out of it we have gotten completely off-topic, we learned some excellent information so let's discuss it

Physical Retail Copies with Discs have been confirmed

We have a greater understanding of the direction of BF2 and the guidelines they used to get there

Let's return to optimism shall we?
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • SandyAni
    762 posts Member
    SandyAni wrote: »

No, I'm saying that so they could focus on rots and the prequel era
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:

This game has 3 eras for a reason, the PT isn't the only era.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • SandyAni
    762 posts Member

Well bud if you want the pt trio you are going to have to wait a while, whereas the main characters of the new era will most likely be there before any of the big three, so what I'm trying to say is if this game was being made in 2005 it would bring the main characters of the prequel trilogy
    I'm not saying they shouldn't focus on all eras in the 2017 Battlefront, I just feel like they are neglecting the Pt to the hero count they are supposed to have.
    The prequel trilogy is over! They should have the hero count the same as the OT by now get the f with it EA.

Well bud if you want the pt trio you are going to have to wait a while, whereas the main characters of the new era will most likely be there before any of the big three, so what I'm trying to say is if this game was being made in 2005 it would bring the main characters of the prequel trilogy
    I'm not saying they shouldn't focus on all eras in the 2017 Battlefront, I just feel like they are neglecting the Pt to the hero count they are supposed to have.
    The prequel trilogy is over! They should have the hero count the same as the OT by now get the f with it EA.
    I admit I'll be disappointed if the PT Trio don't make it at launch, but it is what it is.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • SandyAni
    762 posts Member

I admit I'll be disappointed if the PT Trio don't make it at launch, but it is what it is.

It isn't the way it has to be, listen were most likely getting 10 heroes from the original trilogy, and 2 from the pt, are these people insane!!!!! Do they think we're blind! I can understand 6 , but fn 2, I'm sorry this is a disgrace to the battlefront franchise, they better not have one season for the og trilogy.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member

Oh yes

I said it

According to most people, this falls in line with their thinking. When you ask the majority of people about Star Wars, the original trilogy is what comes to mind.

But who's "Most People"? It's subjective as heck and depends who you ask.

If you ask me what is Star Wars, I think of the opening of Episode 3. Maybe for you, it's the Space Battle at the end of Episode 6, and for someone else its Rey fighting Kylo.

At the end of the day, its not something you can generalise and narrow down.

That said, if there's ever been a survey or poll on this, I'd like to see it. It'd be interesting what different fans personally hold as the defining image of Star Wars.

Exactly. I look at Star Wars as a whole. The OT purists seem to be the loudest and most toxic. The PT came out over 10 years ago, maybe it is time to settle down with the hate already?

It isn't the way it has to be, listen were most likely getting 10 heroes from the original trilogy, and 2 from the pt, are these people insane!!!!! Do they think we're blind! I can understand 6 , but fn 2, I'm sorry this is a disgrace to the battlefront franchise, they better not have one season for the og trilogy.
    lol 2? Grievous is apparently at launch.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Green_Reaper
    128 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    This thread has promise. I wonder why Dennis used the terms 'prequels' and 'movies' and didn't mention the cartoon series? That's odd.
    t8QvoRG.gif

"Pequels" is anything taking place before the original trilogy, and usually in reference to the first 3 movies. I mean that's why they're called prequels anyway. TCW fits into the prequel era in the canon. You can even consider Rogue One a prequel to a certain extent.
  • SandyAni
    762 posts Member
    Mark my words it will be less than 6 and that is bad!
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

NO NO NO!

Guys snap out of it we have gotten completely off-topic, we learned some excellent information so let's discuss it

We have a greater understanding of the direction of BF2 and the guidelines they used to get there

I'm pretty sure he was just referring to console versions because last I checked those are the only physical versions with box AND disc.
    Mark my words it will be less than 6 and that is bad!
    Okay, I will mark your words on my list of people who worry too much.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
    PT sucks so bad IMO

I love the EU of The Prequel Trilogy and The Clone Wars was my favorite era in the first BF2 but the Movies

I look past imperfections of the prequels and appreciate the story it told, filling in the gaps/questions left by the OT. PT also expanded the universe, and made me appreciate certain things from the OT more. A lot of people take the first 3 episodes for granted, and some of their reasons for not liking it are a mix of understandable but mostly ridiculous and baseless. It's sad.

NO NO NO!

I'm pretty sure he was just referring to console versions because last I checked those are the only physical versions with box AND disc.

I am 99% sure there will be no disk for PC.
    PT sucks so bad IMO
    PT sucks so bad IMO

he said prequel trilogy, as in all 3 lumped together. that movie was the only serviceable one of the three. it just couldn't make up for how bad the first two were

Growing up on the Prequel trilogy, I love them. But I recognize they're not good movies, and OT is what Star Wars really is. But I still grew up on them, so PT is Star Wars to me too.
  • NickygUrl wrote: »
    PT sucks so bad IMO
    PT sucks so bad IMO

Growing up on the Prequel trilogy, I love them. But I recognize they're not good movies, and OT is what Star Wars really is. But I still grew up on them, so PT is Star Wars to me too.

I have no debates as to the fact that some people like PT, some like OT, and some like ST.... but overall I would say that between PT and OT, that OT is by far more recognizable to the masses.

NO NO NO!

Yup. Think they did this with the previous game and Battlefield 1 as well. It's a shame since I like having the box and disc for all my games. Everything is DRM/Steam now.

NO NO NO!

Yup. Think they did this with the previous game and Battlefield 1 as well. It's a shame since I like having the box and disc for all my games. Everything is DRM/Steam now.

Well, there were some regions that had a disk. One of those was in a few countries in the middle east, but those disks had an install for Origin on it and nothing else, lol
  • NickygUrl wrote: »
    PT sucks so bad IMO
    PT sucks so bad IMO

I have no debates as to the fact that some people like PT, some like OT, and some like ST.... but overall I would say that between PT and OT, that OT is by far more recognizable to the masses.

Yeah I agree. It's definitely a generational thing too. Kids today growing up with the ST will love them wether they turn out to be good or not.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    But why would how good a movie is matter when it comes to a game? TPM wasn't that great but maul is still a fan favorite and is when of the heroes they showcased. The clone wars era seems to be the most requested era by far, even by the people that didn't care for the PT still really want clone wars content
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    But why would how good a movie is matter when it comes to a game? TPM wasn't that great but maul is still a fan favorite and is when of the heroes they showcased. The clone wars era seems to be the most requested era by far, even by the people that didn't care for the PT still really want clone wars content

It doesn't matter, that's why we are getting PT content.
    I was just personally voicing my opinions on the movies.
    But why would how good a movie is matter when it comes to a game? TPM wasn't that good but maul is still a fan favorite and is when of the heroes they showcased. The clone wars era seems to be the most requested era by far, even by the people that didn't care for the PT still really want clone wars content

In this IP, that directly translates. It is one of the rare franchises where it does matter. I know a ton of people who bought the first game to play with their kids because of the OT. I obviously can't prove it, but I bet the sales would be much worse if similar content amount was delivered but in the PT era. Those films are objectively more hated among all Star Wars fans. The most hardcore here are obviously a different breed than the overall fanbase, so you have to take that into consideration here

Well I think what really matters is if we can get all the cool stuff in or not. I just hope they balance it out and not favor one era of content over another. I'll admit though, that after coming from EA SWBF1, I would be mad if they gave us a shipload of Original Trilogy content and bare bones amount for the rest. I mean come on, we've seen enough of that in the first game already.
    But why would how good a movie is matter when it comes to a game? TPM wasn't that good but maul is still a fan favorite and is when of the heroes they showcased. The clone wars era seems to be the most requested era by far, even by the people that didn't care for the PT still really want clone wars content

In this IP, that directly translates. It is one of the rare franchises where it does matter. I know a ton of people who bought the first game to play with their kids because of the OT. I obviously can't prove it, but I bet the sales would be much worse if similar content amount was delivered but in the PT era. Those films are objectively more hated among all Star Wars fans. The most hardcore here are obviously a different breed than the overall fanbase, so you have to take that into consideration here

Yeah I mean you have to figure a large part of gamers today were kids when prequels came out.
    That's obviously just a part of the playerbase, but that's why they are adding it. Not just adding more OT and the new stuff.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Cad_Bane wrote: »

but I don't see how it matters when it comes to a game. The people that seem to hate the PT so much are the older fans that didn't grow up with the PT, though also seem to be the loudest. Sure TPM sucked but maul was a cool character and is universally loved and I'm sure a lot really want and look forward to playing as maul. If the opinion of many is fun>canon than why would movie quality matter more than fun? We are just playing as movie characters in fictional battles for fun. I would say it's likely people want to play as cool heroes such as grievous and kenobi in the PT just as much as any other hero because they are looking to have fun while playing the game and wouldn't really care about bad acting or bad lines in a movie cause they are playing a game. I really don't like the ST but can't wait to play as Kylo since he seems like he will have cool force abilities. Dennis said on twitter that maybe they should take movie rating into consideration and I don't see how it matters when everybody is just looking for a fun time while playing a game.

but I don't see how it matters when it comes to a game. The people that seem to hate the PT so much are the older fans that didn't grow up with the PT, though also seem to be the loudest. Sure TPM sucked but maul was a cool character and is universally loved and I'm sure a lot really want and look forward to playing as maul. If the opinion of many is fun>canon than why would movie quality matter more than fun? We are just playing as movie characters in fictional battles for fun. I would say it's likely people want to play as cool heroes such as grievous and kenobi in the PT just as much as any other hero because they are looking to have fun while playing the game and wouldn't really care about bad acting or bad lines in a movie cause they are playing a game. I really don't like the ST but can't wait to play as Kylo since he seems like he will have cool force abilities. Dennis said on twitter that maybe they should take movie rating into consideration and I don't see how it matters when everybody is just looking for a fun time while playing a game.

I think it matters from a purely sales perspective. The more popular and well received the films are, the more likely people will want to see content from those films. In turn, said content will boost sales of both the game and loot boxes, which will probably get new items with each season.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • TheNextTron
    472 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    PT sucks so bad IMO
    PT sucks so bad IMO

the acting in the first movie was very bollywood

Lol as someone that had to watch a lot bollywood films :s, I would say that Phantom Menace was way better than that. Also people forget film is art and quality of that art is what you prefer in a story not what any one persons opinions are. Some people like just OT some like just PT and some like all eras. Everyone has different appreciation for different art.
  • Kenny_Bania_GOLD
    2107 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    PT sucks so bad IMO
    PT sucks so bad IMO

the acting in the first movie was very bollywood

Lol as someone that had to watch a lot bollywood films :s, I would say that Phantom Menace was way better than that. Also people forget film is art and quality of that art is what you prefer in a story not what any one persons opinions are. Some people like just OT some like just PT and some like all eras. Everyone has different appreciation for different art.

No one appreciates Paul Stanley's paintings.
    131023214339-paul-stanley-art-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

And for good reason.
  • Alex64
    7663 posts Member
    I always laugh so hard everytime i see Anakin falling to the dark side in the movie.
    Why so serious?
  • SAmulticore
    3323 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    Sounds great. Prequel is better for this game and the hardcore fans want it but the softcore /casual fans think the prequels are **** and also want the new stuff which got them to want to buy the game.

Yeah I've been pretty softcore/casual since I got my first Kenner Millennium Falcon in 1986. All the action figures, literally hundreds of viewings on VHS, read all the old EU. Really softcore/casual stuff like that :)
  • SAM4XE
    324 posts Member
    If they're running our of disc space, couldn't they just have the game on 2 separate discs? One disc for the Campaign, and another for Skirmish and Multiplayer. 343 Industries did it for Halo 4, and you didn't even have to swap discs after installing.
    NickygUrl wrote: »
    For those who are interested and not on Reddit.

Try not to hate. It's safe to say we will have a buttload of content at launch regardless. Which is something the first game lacked terribly. And DLC is 100% free.

As long as we have a substantial Skirmish mode at launch and the game isn't a broken, buggy mess, I'll be alright.

I agree! Offline an online are separate entities, so why shouldn't they be individual disks or digital downloads. Steam on the PC allows games like Call of duty Multiplayer and Campaign to be downloaded separately, so if some gamers just want to play Online they can save time, bandwidth and storage space by choosing not to install the campaign and vice versa.
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    I wish Dennis would do these kind of things on this forum.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »
    Seasons DLC List
    Season 1: TLJ content December 2017
    Season 2: Remaining Ep. I-III content that's siginificant + TCW Part 1 (movie, S1-S4 episodes) January 2018
    Season 3: TCW Part 2 (S4-S6, Clone Wars Legacy (Crystal Crisis, Bad Batch, Dark Disciple Part 1, Son of Dathomir, and Dark Disciple Part 2 ) February 2018
    Season 4: TCW Part 3 (the remaining unfinished episodes) March 2018
    Season 5: Novels (Del Rey/Disney-Lucasfilm Press) and/or comics (Marvel/IDW) and/or parks (Star Wars Land sneak peek) content April 2018
    Season 6: Rebels (4 shorts, entire S1-S4, Kanan Marvel series, Rebels magazine comics) May 2018
    Season 7: Han Solo A Star Wars Story Those who pre-ordered the base game get it near end of May, non-pre-order: June 2018
    Season 8 & beyond: whatever Lucasfilm doesn't want to be told in film, novel, or animation or maybe concurrently told at the same time and sneak peek from Visceral, Respawn and Ep. IX July 2018 and beyond
    There's more TCW content than Ep.I-III (1999-2005) because more time was spent for the show (2008-2014) = more creations.

Ha! They can't pump something out every month! I bet we will get something once a quarter like with the first game. December, February, April, etc
  • Pratore
    653 posts Member
    Doesnt really excuse obi wan and anakin not in the game at launch but I can kinda understand where they're coming from.
    6dec4174f9616ffd100e805bd19ebd43.jpg
  • NickygUrl
    698 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    If they're running our of disc space, couldn't they just have the game on 2 separate discs? One disc for the Campaign, and another for Skirmish and Multiplayer. 343 Industries did it for Halo 4, and you didn't even have to swap discs after installing.
    For those who are interested and not on Reddit.

Try not to hate. It's safe to say we will have a buttload of content at launch regardless. Which is something the first game lacked terribly. And DLC is 100% free.

As long as we have a substantial Skirmish mode at launch and the game isn't a broken, buggy mess, I'll be alright.

I agree! Offline an online are separate entities, so why shouldn't they be individual disks or digital downloads. Steam on the PC allows games like Call of duty Multiplayer and Campaign to be downloaded separately, so if some gamers just want to play Online they can save time, bandwidth and storage space by choosing not to install the campaign and vice versa.

I think it was more of a, look how much content we have in this game, than saying we have problems fitting it all in and therefore must cut content to fit it. That's not what he is saying
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Seasons DLC List
    Season 1: TLJ content December 2017
    Season 2: Remaining Ep. I-III content that's siginificant + TCW Part 1 (movie, S1-S4 episodes) January 2018
    Season 3: TCW Part 2 (S4-S6, Clone Wars Legacy (Crystal Crisis, Bad Batch, Dark Disciple Part 1, Son of Dathomir, and Dark Disciple Part 2 ) February 2018
    Season 4: TCW Part 3 (the remaining unfinished episodes) March 2018
    Season 5: Novels (Del Rey/Disney-Lucasfilm Press) and/or comics (Marvel/IDW) and/or parks (Star Wars Land sneak peek) content April 2018
    Season 6: Rebels (4 shorts, entire S1-S4, Kanan Marvel series, Rebels magazine comics) May 2018
    Season 7: Han Solo A Star Wars Story Those who pre-ordered the base game get it near end of May, non-pre-order: June 2018
    Season 8 & beyond: whatever Lucasfilm doesn't want to be told in film, novel, or animation or maybe concurrently told at the same time and sneak peek from Visceral, Respawn and Ep. IX July 2018 and beyond
    There's more TCW content than Ep.I-III (1999-2005) because more time was spent for the show (2008-2014) = more creations.

Ha! They can't pump something out every month! I bet we will get something once a quarter like with the first game. December, February, April, etc

That's not once a quarter.
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member

Oh yes

I said it

According to most people, this falls in line with their thinking. When you ask the majority of people about Star Wars, the original trilogy is what comes to mind.

But who's "Most People"? It's subjective as heck and depends who you ask.

If you ask me what is Star Wars, I think of the opening of Episode 3. Maybe for you, it's the Space Battle at the end of Episode 6, and for someone else its Rey fighting Kylo.

At the end of the day, its not something you can generalise and narrow down.

That said, if there's ever been a survey or poll on this, I'd like to see it. It'd be interesting what different fans personally hold as the defining image of Star Wars.

Exactly. I look at Star Wars as a whole. The OT purists seem to be the loudest and most toxic. The PT came out over 10 years ago, maybe it is time to settle down with the hate already?

Hold up, this whole "OT is toxic bit" is not that at all, its simply people disagreeing, saying the Prequal Films suck or they think they were the worst films, then peoples feelings get hurt and try to bring the prequals to the level of other films.

Lots of people have this view- "oh yeah, Clone Wars era is pretty cool, its got a cool cartoon and interesting stories and battles...oh the Prequal films? They suck".

I mean lets be totally unbias and look at them from a film making and writing perspective- prequals were bad. You can like them, sure. I like Mortal Kombat and that is not some grade A level film save for the martial arts lol. But you have to understand, opinions aside, people see the flaws in those films and some might not care, others can barely watch them, othera totly hate them
  • DarthJ
    6666 posts Member
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    Sounds great. Prequel is better for this game and the hardcore fans want it but the softcore /casual fans think the prequels are **** and also want the new stuff which got them to want to buy the game.

Yeah I've been pretty softcore/casual since I got my first Kenner Millennium Falcon in 1986. All the action figures, literally hundreds of viewings on VHS, read all the old EU. Really softcore/casual stuff like that :)

Ah but if you don't like animations or the prequels you can't be a true fan ;) according to this lot
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • So, is no-one going to mention the most part about what Dennis wrote:
    The strategy that made the most sense was to base the sequel on the first game, meaning anchored in the OT (and the DLC's that not everyone got to play) but move in equal pace both backwards and forwards in timelime from there.
    Sounds to me like a confirmation that this game will have have all the previous game's OT content at launch. That means Tatooine, Hoth, Endor, Sullust, Death Star, Bespin, and maybe even Scarif. Also, Luke, Han, Leia, Chewbacca, Lando, Nien, Vader, Palpatine, Boba, Greedo, Bossk, Dengar, and maybe Jyn and Krennic too.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • DarthJ
    6666 posts Member
    So, is no-one going to mention the most part about what Dennis wrote:
    The strategy that made the most sense was to base the sequel on the first game, meaning anchored in the OT (and the DLC's that not everyone got to play) but move in equal pace both backwards and forwards in timelime from there.
    Sounds to me like a confirmation that this game will have have all the previous game's OT content at launch. That means Tatooine, Hoth, Endor, Sullust, Death Star, Bespin, and maybe even Scarif. Also, Luke, Han, Leia, Chewbacca, Lando, Nien, Vader, Palpatine, Boba, Greedo, Bossk, Dengar, and maybe Jyn and Krennic too.

I still think they'll pick and choose what to bring back, but a lot will return probably.

Also didn't they say the maps will be redone for this game?
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member
    The Original Trilogy is the most recognizable and marketable to the casual fan- thats just a fact. Take it from me, i havent always been a hardcore fan, and before that i only knew ppl like Vader, Yoda, chewbacca, R2, and stormtroopers. In all honesty the prequels aren't exactly marketable to casuals, and depending on how the ST turns out, it may mot be marketable a decade or so from now. Im no marketing strategist but having the OT take up a lot of the launch content might be good for casuals, while hardcore fans will get to decide what they want from PT and ST afterward
    As for it taking up most of the space, there shouldnt be a problem with that either. Most of the maps that were previously DLC will now be available for everyone, and as long as the OT experience is revamped enough to feel different then its fine, as the OT experience shouldnt be exiled to be in 2015front
    The whole "post launch we'll let the community decide where we go" is going to be interesting tho as the community will never be able to settle on what the next dlc should include
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg