criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

Nien Nunb, then legend we all want and need

Replies

• See, now is the time for DICE and co to **** around with adding lesser known characters as free DLC.

Not when they're slapped onto a Season Pass for an extra cost.

That said, I'm all for seeing Nien Nunb be added to the game at some point in the future. He's legitimately fun to play as and him being playable in BF 2015 actually made care a bit about the character.

Maybe they could make him a Resistance Hero as well as a Rebel one. Seeing as he's still around in The Force Awakens.
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!
  • ROMG4
    2613 posts Member
    Naaaaa.

Why not do every nonessential side character?

Just saying

If this is a comment implying that OOM-9 is a nonessential Side Character in The Phantom Menace
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • See, now is the time for DICE and co to **** around with adding lesser known characters as free DLC.

Not when they're slapped onto a Season Pass for an extra cost.

That said, I'm all for seeing Nien Nunb be added to the game at some point in the future. He's legitimately fun to play as and him being playable in BF 2015 actually made care a bit about the character.

Maybe they could make him a Resistance Hero as well as a Rebel one. Seeing as he's still around in The Force Awakens.

Fun he is and full of hues.
  • DoctachCJ wrote: »
    Nien I I'm kinda "meh" about but I really don't want to see Greedo make it back. Can't help but feel like that's a wasted hero slot. To each their own though.

Maybe that argument could be made for BF1 but he's done now, they have all the assets. It'd be a waste not to add him.
  • CS2107
    1961 posts Member
    Yeah I also hope Nien returns and hopefully he brings Greedo and Dengar with him. I really want those minor characters as they are way more interesting than the guys we have seen in like 1.000.000 games and films and series.
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    I'll be fine with Nien and Greedo returning if iconic characters such as Ben Kenobi and Tarkin come.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    I'll be fine with Nien and Greedo returning if iconic characters such as Ben Kenobi and Tarkin come.
    I thought you loved Greedo before?
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Darkaid wrote: »

Nah, didn't really care for him.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
  • WarfareKiller41
    6724 posts Member
    edited July 2017

Nah, didn't really care for him.
    RK5st0p.gif
    Not even Nien Nunb?!
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    No, I'm good. B)
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• While there are other more important heroes than Nien, I wouldn't mind seeing him return at some point since they already have the assets. Keep Greedo out though. If they want to reuse his assets, then put him in the game as a corpse in the Mos Eisley Cantina.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • While there are other more important heroes than Nien, I wouldn't mind seeing him return at some point since they already have the assets. Keep Greedo out though. If they want to reuse his assets, then put him in the game as a corpse in the Mos Eisley Cantina.
    Nah, Greedo is too legendary for him not to be a hero.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • bfloo
    14973 posts Member
    While there are other more important heroes than Nien, I wouldn't mind seeing him return at some point since they already have the assets. Keep Greedo out though. If they want to reuse his assets, then put him in the game as a corpse in the Mos Eisley Cantina.

Lando ohking Greedo was pretty immersive :)
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    While there are other more important heroes than Nien, I wouldn't mind seeing him return at some point since they already have the assets. Keep Greedo out though. If they want to reuse his assets, then put him in the game as a corpse in the Mos Eisley Cantina.

Lando ohking every villain was pretty immersive :)
    Fixed it.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • bfloo wrote: »

Lando ohking Greedo was pretty immersive :)
    It wasn't immersive for the players on the other side of the screen :'(
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member
    I dont see why not, its another hero. He just shouldnt come before old ben and tarkin, and maybe the r1 cast. I think nien is a good example of good marketing, as now tons of ppl now no about him thanks to his inclusion in eafront1
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Greedo and Nien are ready to roll. All devs need to do is port them and maybe change their skills abit or not at all. I always play them because they're fun.
  • I've loved the little sullustan fella since Jedi. He even shows up in Disney awakens, and lives! Even though I'm sure he hates himself for it. Not in the game? No pre-order
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    I've loved the little sullustan fella since Jedi. He even shows up in Disney awakens, and lives! Even though I'm sure he hates himself for it. Not in the game? No pre-order
    Disney Awakens?
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • He's in 7, albeit doesn't say or do anything. Doesn't even laugh his iconic laugh. Disturbing
    He's in 7, albeit doesn't say or do anything. Doesn't even laugh his iconic laugh. Disturbing
    Yeah I know that part, but Nien Nunb is confirmed to return in TLJ. I hope we see him kill some Stormtroopers, he could be a Resistance Sniper.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Dude. For real? He could orbital strike the **** out of the first order.. actually feeling excited about 8 now.
    Dude. For real? He could orbital strike the **** out of the first order.. actually feeling excited about 8 now.
    Yeah, just look at Nien Nunb's Wookieepedia profile, TLJ is included in his appearances list.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Niiice. Perhaps with Poe and Finn? or personal assassin for the princess?
    Niiice. Perhaps with Poe and Finn? or personal assassin for the princess?
    No information on that yet, I'm just hoping he gets some cool moments. A shootout against Phasma would be epic.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Indeed it would. And my bad I tend to over speculate about certain things. But I will be happy to see Nien on film and playable in the new game as well
    Indeed it would. And my bad I tend to over speculate about certain things. But I will be happy to see Nien on film and playable in the new game as well
    We could be over speculating, but seeing some minor characters have cool moments would be very good.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Definitely dude. I always thought he'd be flight leader or something after 20 years. Perhaps he was just born (hatched?) To fly
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    I've loved the little sullustan fella since Jedi. He even shows up in Disney awakens, and lives! Even though I'm sure he hates himself for it. Not in the game? No pre-order
    Disney Awakens?

The Last RedEye
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    I would love Wedge to return in 8 or 9 at some point, but I don't think it will happen. :(
    I would love Wedge to return in 8 or 9 at some point, but I don't think it will happen. :(
    They asked Wedge's actor to return to TFA, but unfortunately, he refused. It would be great seeing him work alongside Poe.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Nien returning in ep8 is good news indeed. I hope to hear his iconic laughter once again.
    They asked Wedge's actor to return to TFA, but unfortunately, he refused. It would be great seeing him work alongside Poe.

I have a feeling that they will kill Wedge off in one of the books set before TFA at some point, in order to explain his absence from the ST.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member

I have a feeling that they will kill Wedge off in one of the books set before TFA at some point, in order to explain his absence from the ST.

I thought he would've died in Empire's End, but he didn't.

Lando should be explained as well, he was in Shattered Empire and Empire's End, but he's nowhere to be seen in the Sequel Trilogy.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • DoctachCJ wrote: »
    Nien I I'm kinda "meh" about but I really don't want to see Greedo make it back. Can't help but feel like that's a wasted hero slot. To each their own though.

Maybe that argument could be made for BF1 but he's done now, they have all the assets. It'd be a waste not to add him.

Suppose you're right, I would probably have less of a problem with him being included if we got all of the main guys in first. I just get a feeling we aren't getting a super high amount of heroes so I'm just hoping they get a great hero selection and Greedo just doesn't seem all that great ( opinion of course.). I hear where you're coming from though.
  • bfloo
    14973 posts Member

Lando should be explained as well, he was in Shattered Empire and Empire's End, but he's nowhere to be seen in the Sequel Trilogy.

Lando probably would have went back to his old ways.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• rollind24
    5567 posts Member

Good call on Lando appearing in the ST
    #infantrylivesmatter
    Dude. For real? He could orbital strike the **** out of the first order.. actually feeling excited about 8 now.

Maybe he gets killed the moment he comes on screen? I can picture it now, he does something, is about to laugh and then BAM! - blaster to the face.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • mastery0ta
    6087 posts Member
    He should be allowed to have a full laugh, then yeah he'll die. Just like Han solo and I'm sure the bastsrds will kill Luke too.
  • ROMG4
    2613 posts Member
    F03hammer wrote: »
    Disney Awakens?

The Last RedEye

Was that a reference to The Land Before Time?
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1

I think he had other acting commitments while TFA was being made, hence why he was only able to show up at Star Wars Celebration this year.
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Disney Awakens?

The Last RedEye

Now there's a franchise that needs rebooted right there.
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    Disney Awakens?

The Last RedEye

Hell no. I love TLBT and I don't need some crappy reboot to leave a bad taste in my mouth.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • Hahaha oh now you know how I feel about force awakens. I did enjoy those cartoons back in the day. They ruined their own legacy with about 10 sequels straight to vhs. Ah 1994
  • F03hammer
    Vespervin wrote: »
    Disney Awakens?

The Last RedEye

**** no. I love TLBT and I don't need some **** reboot to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

They're rebooting Jumanji with a Tron element.
    I'd say anything is possible

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Nien should have a missile guided by a camera and rc. Also a turret with slow guided missiles. Lastly an attachment that adds a barrage grenade launcher to the turret would be sick also. Modding your turret with different cards, imagine the possibilities.
  • F03hammer
    Nien should have a missile guided by a camera and rc. Also a turret with slow guided missiles. Lastly an attachment that adds a barrage grenade launcher to the turret would be sick also. Modding your turret with different cards, imagine the possibilities.
    An interactive turret even, that fellow team players could use when it's deployed would be sweet.
    Even better when a kill is registered an assist point could be attributed to the hero player

:mrgreen:

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Would be very cool.
  • ROMG4
    2613 posts Member
    Disney Awakens?

The Last RedEye

Now that I think about it there was apparently a sequel released last year for TLBT

I know because a bunch of people were mad that there were no Feathered Dinosaurs hhahahaha
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread