criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Capital Ships

I have a feeling they will be playable this time around and players will be able to man the cannons like with zeppelins in BF1 and rain fire on their enemies.

Replies

• I'm hoping that these Space Battles will have much more depth, and give players more freedom in Space.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    I have a feeling they will be playable this time around and players will be able to man the cannons like with zeppelins in BF1 and rain fire on their enemies.

That'd be amazing. It may just be me, but I think it'd be pretty cool if there was a moment where everyone mans a cannon and just slugs it out until one capital ship remains standing, like in ROTS.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    I don't think they'll have the vehicle positions like in Battlefield due to only 24 people in space battles. Still will be awesome
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member

That'd be amazing. It may just be me, but I think it'd be pretty cool if there was a moment where everyone mans a cannon and just slugs it out until one capital ship remains standing, like in ROTS.
    Would be fun as like the last minute of the mode or something like that. It would get boring quick.
  • mastery0ta
    6050 posts Member
    Oh this would be wicked beyond comprehension. I love the big ships and cruisers. Corellian corvette, star destroyers, neubulon type b frigate, rebel transport played a fairly prominent (visual only) role in battlefront 1 which I highly enjoyed.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Full on space battles would be awesome. Imagine playing on Endor or RotS.
  • WarfareKiller41
    6724 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    It was weird that a Space Battle over Endor never made it into any of the Battlefronts, a Space Battle over Coruscant would be a fantastic Space Battle!!
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    only 24 people in space battles.
    I really, really, hate this. :(
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    It was weird that a Space Battle over Endor never made it into any of the Battlefronts, a Space Battle over Coruscant would be a fantastic Space Battle!!

I'm willing to bet it's because of the size of the Super Star Destroyer.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    I don't think they'll have the vehicle positions like in Battlefield due to only 24 people in space battles. Still will be awesome

64 including bots though.
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    This would be great, but unlikely. :(
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Someone needs to Motive-8 Dice to get on this.
    YEA
    @Dice_Firewall
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    F03hammer wrote: »
    YEA
    @Dice_Firewall

Tagged the fake Dennis....lol.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
  • DICE has the ability to do this right. I wouldn't even mind if capital ships work nearly exactly like Zeppelins with different abilities fitting Star Wars, would still rock.
  • Techkiddz wrote: »
    DICE has the ability to do this right. I wouldn't even mind if capital ships work nearly exactly like Zeppelins with different abilities fitting Star Wars, would still rock.

+ 1
  • F03hammer wrote: »
    YEA
    @Dice_Firewall

Can you stop posting in blinding, unreadable, obnoxious colours.
  • Techkiddz wrote: »
    DICE has the ability to do this right. I wouldn't even mind if capital ships work nearly exactly like Zeppelins with different abilities fitting Star Wars, would still rock.

Yeah having people man the cannons like with the zeppelins would be sick. Way more immersive than just dog fights. Also destroying other destroyers and corvettes would be awesome.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Also a command to send out ai shops for support would be cool too and missiles/proton torpedoes.
  • I have a feeling they will be playable this time around and players will be able to man the cannons like with zeppelins in BF1 and rain fire on their enemies.

You mean on ground maps?
    I still hope that we'll be able to board capital ships during Space Battles. I haven't played Battlefield 1, but I am sure that DICE will limit the time you can spent on the cannons.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I meant during space battles. Air to ground would be too complex and would involve alot of bombers and Ywings and ground cannons. Unless you replace infantry with just ships and artillery.
  • The capital ships in Battlefront were a joke. The star destroyers in Death Star and Scarif are tiny. Hopefully they're better in Battlefront 2.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Yeah they were too small. Having real sized ones come out of warp speed and just pass alongside the battlefield in space would be cool.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Now the more I think of it, having real size capital ships on already large space maps might not be technically possible. Way more rendering and alot more blaster fire as well. I wish Dennis could give us a concrete answer.@Dice_Firewall.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Now the more I think of it, having real size capital ships on already large space maps might not be technically possible. Way more rendering and alot more blaster fire as well. I wish Dennis could give us a concrete answer.@Dice_Firewall.

Well, they definitely got larger regardless. Pay close attention to the fighters below the one in focus, and compare that to how it was in the Death Star DLC.
    SWBFII_Reveal_Screenshot_7_MP.jpg
    dpb1ghhqzns8fo5fsst4.png
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member

Love how you guys always tag the fake Dennis. :joy:
  • NothingButSteel
    1593 posts Member
    edited July 2017

If you actually want to get Dennis' attention try @FireWall instead, just a friendly heads up. I would try twitter though for maximum effect.

I agree though, if we could be able to man one of the turbolasers on the star destroyers via resource system that would be amazing.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Cool thanks. @FireWall Is it possible to add capital ships and man their turbo lasers or other artillery, like in Battlefield 1 with the zeppelins, during space battles? Will the game be able to handle all that extra rendering and action?