criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

Hutt contracts

I would like to see the Hutt contracts to make a return.
I know the new system will be with crates, but it would be nice if some star cards were unlocked by the Hutt contracts

Replies

• Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I did like the hutt contract system but it won't be staying. Dennis confirmed this.

• I enjoyed Hutt Contracts quite a bit and hope something similar replaces it. I enjoy the side challenges.
  • Have they said anything about how we'll unlock new weapons? It doesn't seem to part of the star card loot crate system.
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    I did like the hutt contract system but it won't be staying. Dennis confirmed this.

This is accurate.
  • No to Hutt contracts. Until today I've still not unlocked all weapons, because I didn't like to play these requirements, but would like to try the locked weapons.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Alex64
    7408 posts Member
    What about "Unkar Plutt Deals"?
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • rollind24
    5664 posts Member
    I liked the Hutt contracts. Not all of em were fun but that's the point to force you to try new things.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    rollind24 wrote: »
    I liked the Hutt contracts. Not all of em were fun but that's the point to force you to try new things.

I would like to pay a lot more credits in order to instantly unlock it instead of being forced to play with e.g. the cycler rifle or something like that. It's just against my playstyle and I've no fun with it.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Alex64 wrote: »

I would rather buy death stick on Coruscant.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• rollind24
    5664 posts Member
    edited July 2017

I would like to pay a lot more credits in order to instantly unlock it instead of being forced to play with e.g. the cycler rifle or something like that. It's just against my playstyle and I've no fun with it.

Yea I get it,. Same thing in most games where you have certain tasks to do to unlock items. I don't see why both ways of unlocking items couldn't be implemented at the same time. Earn credits through play perform certain tasks to unlock the same item. Sounds like loot crates so it's moot anyways. I won't miss them either way.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »

Yea I get it,. Same thing in most games where you have certain tasks to do to unlock items. I don't see why both ways of unlocking items couldn't be implemented at the same time. Earn credits through play perform certain tasks to unlock the same item. Sounds like loot crates so it's moot anyways. I won't miss them either way.

That's the point of this discussion. Who agrees?
  • I just didn't understand the point of paying to open the challenge. Would've sat a lot better with me if you didn't have to pay to open the challenge then try to complete it. Should've just picked one or the other like the assignments on Battlefield.
  • snakebro25 wrote: »
    I just didn't understand the point of paying to open the challenge. Would've sat a lot better with me if you didn't have to pay to open the challenge then try to complete it. Should've just picked one or the other like the assignments on Battlefield.

To get something to do, for try new things
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Interesting idea actually.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Alchemist21
    536 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    snakebro25 wrote: »
    I just didn't understand the point of paying to open the challenge. Would've sat a lot better with me if you didn't have to pay to open the challenge then try to complete it. Should've just picked one or the other like the assignments on Battlefield.

To get something to do, for try new things

They were saying why should you have to pay credits to get the challenge? You should just be able to take on the challenges without having to pay credits for it.
  • DarthJ
    6539 posts Member

I don't see why they didn't have both options. I liked the challenges so I would do the contracts, but the option should have been in to pay a fair amount of credits to unlock straight off
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • JMaster
    2179 posts Member
    Absolutely! They're definitely not for everyone, so I would suggest you could forgo the Contract by simply "bribing" Jabba with a 20-30,000 credit deposit. I would also like it if they had a different character for each era, Jabba fits with OT, but other characters for the rest of the saga would certainly make things interesting!
    Alex64 wrote: »
    "Let's see... ugmmm.... one, quarter-portion. hmm..."

In actuality, he would be nice to see as your dealer.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    JMaster wrote: »
    Absolutely! They're definitely not for everyone, so I would suggest you could forgo the Contract by simply "bribing" Jabba with a 20-30,000 credit deposit. I would also like it if they had a different character for each era, Jabba fits with OT, but other characters for the rest of the saga would certainly make things interesting!
    Alex64 wrote: »
    "Let's see... ugmmm.... one, quarter-portion. hmm..."

In actuality, he would be nice to see as your dealer.

BAAAAHAHAHA love it!
  • I kinda liked the idea of the Hutt Contracts, but I hated the execution of some of them. Some were obnoxious to complete, things like getting so many hero kills in certain modes or just having to use worthless Star Cards for a prolonged period of time. I also thought it was stupid that we had to pay just to start them. We shouldn't have to pay credits just to start a challenge.

I managed to complete every last one, but I certainly won't miss them in the slightest.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    I want hutt contracts or something similiar to return too, it added an element of gameplay and made you feel you had to work for something rather than just buying it with credits or luckily unlocking it in a loot crate.
  • Stalemate wrote: »
    I want hutt contracts or something similiar to return too, it added an element of gameplay and made you feel you had to work for something rather than just buying it with credits or luckily unlocking it in a loot crate.

And what about unlock something more than star cards? It could be weapons and their modifications
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Yeah that would be great. I would like it crates unlocked contracts rather than the upgrades etc.