criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

No one really posts here anymore

Hi,

I know SWBF2 is not far away but since the announcement and trailer releases this part of the forum has become a desert. Real shame as I loved hearing what people had to say, good and bad about Battlefront.

I still play as often as I can, still love the game, getting better at it I think and overall just enjoying the game for what it is.

so just to stir up some chat I thought of asking these questions:

1) Fave hero to use

2) Fave Villian to use

3) Fave location to play

4) Your most memorable Battlefront moment

5) Fave weapon

6) Fave game mode

7) Your one real hope for SWBF2

So in answer to my own questions :)

1) Chewbacca

2) Darth Vadar

3) Outer Rim

4) As a newbie to the game I think getting all three spots on the board after the game has ended is my highpoint. Seeing my picture all over it made me happy ha

5) EE-3

6) Love Extraction

7) Obi-Wan Kenobi is in it and lives up to my expectations

Hope to hear your answers!

Replies

• Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    It has been a bit dead recently but that will pick up soon.

1) Fave hero to use

Leia

2) Fave Villian to use

Palps

3) Fave location to play

Death Star

Going 50-0 with Palps on Endor Hero Hunt

5) Fave weapon

EE-4

6) Fave game mode

Walker Assault

It not being pay to win
  • YODA100
    957 posts Member
    I still post...of how bad EA is.
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    If you hate EA then why even bother?
  • MWB33
    1340 posts Member

1) Probably Chewy

2) Vader or Bossk

I don't play Hero modes that often anymore. I gave a decent amount of play time with each since launch. Those were the ones I enjoyed the most.

3) Sorosuub Complex has always been my favorite map of all modes.

4) Hard to pick one with over 1200 hours of game play. Probably being the first game I ever 100% completed. Or all the times I changed load out then sniped glitch exploiters off the top of Goazon Badlands.

5) EE-4, followed by the 3

6) Cargo then Sabotage

7) I have three major ones for the sequel:

First, put in place a system that better encourages and rewards PTFO.

Second, get rid of the most over-used, clown shoes, toolbag combo of bodyguard trait with bacta bomb & either noob shot or adrenaline stim. The games will forever have try hards running around, but we don't need to turn them into double health sporting tanks that constantly spam explosive fire.

Third, that they make Blast better (raise the end score to 200 and increase the time to 15-20 minutes) so that the non-objective playing people will get off Cargo. There are too many people playing Cargo just to get 40-60 kills a match because they can't get that many in a match of blast.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • MWB33 wrote: »
    1) Probably Chewy

2) Vader or Bossk

I don't play Hero modes that often anymore. I gave a decent amount of play time with each since launch. Those were the ones I enjoyed the most.

3) Sorosuub Complex has always been my favorite map of all modes.

4) Hard to pick one with over 1200 hours of game play. Probably being the first game I ever 100% completed. Or all the times I changed load out then sniped glitch exploiters off the top of Goazon Badlands.

5) EE-4, followed by the 3

6) Cargo then Sabotage

7) I have three major ones for the sequel:

First, put in place a system that better encourages and rewards PTFO.

Second, get rid of the most over-used, clown shoes, toolbag combo of bodyguard trait with bacta bomb & either noob shot or adrenaline stim. The games will forever have try hards running around, but we don't need to turn them into double health sporting tanks that constantly spam explosive fire.

Third, that they make Blast better (raise the end score to 200 and increase the time to 15-20 minutes) so that the non-objective playing people will get off Cargo. There are too many people playing Cargo just to get 40-60 kills a match because they can't get that many in a match of blast.

Defintely agree with leaving behind Bacta Bomb and Adrenaline Stem. Frustrate the hell out of me, I havent earnt them so never use them.
  • MWB33
    1340 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Corndog75 wrote: »

Defintely agree with leaving behind Bacta Bomb and Adrenaline Stem. Frustrate the **** out of me, I havent earnt them so never use them.

I used to use the bacta bomb religiously, until I discovered the medical droid. I'm exclusive to the droid now, with HvV being the only exception.

IMO the droid is SO much better...especially for getting trait level up. L3 sharpshooter (for me, berserker for the hip fire crowd) is my only defense for the bactaguards. I experimented with med droid + bodyguard a few times when in rotations flooded with the combat rolling bacta/stim guards. I'd hold my own with them K/D wise, but felt cheap and dirty afterwards.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • Anapoda
    741 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    1) Jyn
    2) Palpatine
    3) Bespin...the very rare times i find a game
    7) to ne be completely abandoned by Dice not even 1 year after release like Battlefront 1...
  • SimoHayha
    34 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    1) Fave hero to use - Chewbacca
    2) Fave Villian to use - Krennic
    3) Fave location to play - Forest Moon, Jundland, SoroSuub Complex, Goazan Badlands, Rebel Depot, Rebel Base, Carbonite Freezing Chambers
    4) Your most memorable Battlefront moment - Any time I destroy a AT-AT or deliver a game-winning Cargo
    5) Fave weapon - A180 (most kills with TL-50, EE-3, and E-11 though)
    6) Fave game mode - Cargo, Sabotage, Supremacy
    7) Your one real hope for SWBF2 - Game play similar to this version. I like the arcade feel to it. Better team balancing.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7330 posts Member
    edited July 2017

1) Fave hero to use: Luke

2) Fave Villian to use: Vader

3) Fave location to play: Tatooine

4) Your most memorable Battlefront moment: Getting shot from an AI turboblaster

5) Fave weapon: E-11

6) Fave game mode: Conquest (Supremacy)

7) Your one real hope for SWBF2: Ahsoka Tano and Dennis

For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• MWB33
    1340 posts Member
    1) Fave hero to use: Luke

2) Fave Villian to use: Vader

3) Fave location to play: Tatooine

4) Your most memorable Battlefront moment: Getting shot from an AI turboblaster

5) Fave weapon: E-11

6) Fave game mode: Conquest (Supremacy)

7) Your one real hope for SWBF2: Ahsoka Tano and Dennis

Somehow I knew what your answer to 7 would be if you posted on this thread. B)
  • 1) Fave hero to use: Chewbacca

2) Fave Villian to use: Boba Fett

3) Fave location to play: Jabba's Palace and Palace Garage (Outer Rim DLC)

4) Your most memorable Battlefront moment: Completing a Hutt Contract and hearing Jabba talk for a good ten seconds in Huttese

5) Fave weapon: Ion Grenade (E-11 is my fave blaster)

6) Fave game mode: Battle Station (hands down)

7) Your one real hope for SWBF2: Emperor's Throne Room map on Death Star II. (RotJ)

"I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • Good post, OP.

1) Fave hero to use
    Leia

2) Fave Villian to use
    Darth Vader

3) Fave location to play
    Death Star

Playing as Rebels on Battlestation. We activated R2 with 3 seconds left, made it to phase 3 and won. We made managed to take out 3 of their Heroes during that time and almost had R2 deactivated numerous times. It was a nail biter, ha ha

5) Fave weapon
    EE-3

6) Fave game mode
    Battlestation

Better balance

• DXlolman
    547 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    1) Favourite Hero to use: I like to mix it up but mostly Leia. if Death Star R2-D2.

2) Favourite Villian to use: Boski Bossk.

3) Favourite location to play: Hoth ice caves due to it showing off cool Shadow textures that no other map and game can beat.

4) Your most memorable Battlefront moment: Me as Vader on endor shipwreck map, Luke gets stuck in a tree trunk me just destroys him with one heavy attack(there was a lot of lights and sounds from that attack that was so cool).

5) Favourite weapon: A280C great against Heroes and Villains and other people.

6) Favourite game mode: Heroes verses Villains. If Hero Blast came I would choose that.

7) Your one real hope for SWBF2: Greatest EPICNESS added to the game.

There should also be; fav Star Card, fav vehicle, fav pick up, and what faction would you be forever.

So …

8) Fave Star Card: Sonic Imploder (idk why but I am in love with this grenade)

9) Favourite Vehicle: Luke's X Wing(R2 awww)

10) Favourite pick up: Thermal Imploder (MULTIKILL!!!)

11) What faction will I be in forever: Rebellion (why would I follow a creepy disgusting old dude while I can pledge to a beautiful princess)
    What does DX in my name stand for?
  • Empire_TW
    4188 posts Member
    1. Han Solo

2. Darth Vader

3. Endor

4. A great final stand in a game of extraction on sorrosubb Refinery.

5. E-11

6. It was Extraction but the any hero option pretty much ruined it so Walker assault which used to be a close 2nd is now number one.

7. I want great battles set in the galactic civil war, i think this game did a pretty good job overall but stuff like the helmetless stormtroopers, shore troopers everywhere, and the battles are full of jump pack grasshoppers kinda take me out of it.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Corndog75 wrote: »
    Hi,

I know SWBF2 is not far away but since the announcement and trailer releases this part of the forum has become a desert. Real shame as I loved hearing what people had to say, good and bad about Battlefront.

I still play as often as I can, still love the game, getting better at it I think and overall just enjoying the game for what it is.

so just to stir up some chat I thought of asking these questions:

1) Fave hero to use

2) Fave Villian to use

3) Fave location to play

5) Fave weapon

6) Fave game mode

1) Chewbacca

2) Darth Vadar

3) Outer Rim

4) As a newbie to the game I think getting all three spots on the board after the game has ended is my highpoint. Seeing my picture all over it made me happy ha

5) EE-3

6) Love Extraction

7) Obi-Wan Kenobi is in it and lives up to my expectations

Hope to hear your answers!
    1. Greedo.... Honestly (also like boba, Dengar and jyn)
    2. oh
    3. Jakku graveyard of Giants
    4. Not really just one moment but admiring the views/graphics
    5. Relby I think
    6. Battle stations is the best except the flying has gotten boring so now walker assault.
    7. Balancing

3. Wait dlc? Then scarif just cuz they did so well making it (no grenade spam, minimal flying)

• 1. Han Solo

2. Palpatine

3. Bespin

4. Seeing a player called KyloRen playing as Luke when all of those silly "Luke is kylo ren" theories were going around.

5. EE-3

6. Heroes vs Villains

7. Rogue One content (done right)
    PSN - Gingertom_ add me if you feel like it

i hate this game why am i here

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • ymt190e
    95 posts Member
    I also still enjoy the game and play it almost everyday...

1) Fave hero to use

Nien Nunb (especially on WalkerAssault and Extraction)

2) Fave Villian to use

Vader all the way

3) Fave location to play

Outer Rim

Every time I get three trophies in a single game (especially on Walker Assalt)

5) Fave weapon

A280C

6) Fave game mode

Extraction

To have less cheaters and trouble-makers

]